Ouroboros Spine came down over the sleeping mountains
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
It's that time again — pack meeting time! There is no posting order and this round will end on December 6th unless everyone posts beforehand. :)
Tagging for now: @Kaname, @Cara, @Harlyn, @Sitri, @Mara, @Sidewinder, @Sialuk (if your absence will allow it!), & @Dijax (if you want to!).

For most of the day, it had snowed. Wet in its consistency, it had fallen so calmly and quietly that Mordecai was surprised it actually amounted to anything. It had made his rounds more interesting, leaving wide berths of untouched land where old trails normally were. But he had made them, even hunting briefly when the need arose, and had spent most of his day lost in thought. There was something about that particular day that stirred him into action. By the time midday began to cross into late afternoon, he found himself deep in the depths of the Spine.

Central in its location, he had chosen a place to bring them altogether some time ago — a tight knit group of conifers where the boughs seemingly wrapped and hung onto one another. There was no resolute shape in this, but the bizarre placement of such trees lent the area a since of closeness. It provided shelter from the wind and some from the snow, though it was almost safe to say there was just as much on the ground there as anywhere else. It was there that he lingered in composition, drawing himself up in last minute preparations to bring them together.

As the sun began to set some time later, Mordecai summoned the wolves of the Spine to him. His call was strong and clear and lengthy at best, but the message's intent was obvious enough. He wanted to rally them together in one place, a place where he could take stock of them as a whole and hopefully begin their trek through the long weeks of winter ahead. His voice tapered off, swallowed by the veritable silence provided by the snow. Mordecai waited now, alert and listening for the distinct arrival of his beta and their subordinates.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri heard the howl of Mordecai and though he thought briefly of ignoring it merely because he was trekking along the borders and it would take him a few lengths to get to the call. He realized that was futile and so with a small sigh of discomfort he started at a loping gait towards Mordecai and the other members of the pack. He realized as he skidded to a stop he was the first on among them and barring the discomfort he sat down and declined his head towards the ground in a show of submission, while covering his neck wound that was still healing, almost fully through. It had been pretty deep and now he was mostly scarred up except for the deepest part. Hello Mordecai.
34 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
Lucius knew he had obligations of meeting pack mates, and it seems as if Jupiter had originally had this planned all along. Sending a swift praise to the King, the roman began making his way towards the Call. With his even gait, the man found himself remarkably closer than previously expected, and found himself in the presence of 2 others.
Mordecai and a second russet.

Luc decided he couldn't meet pack mates by being the bi colored statue he mastered himself to be, so after he trotted up to Mordecai and bowed his frame, his offerering of respect to the alpha, the Angelus Mortis padded back and placed his form besides the other lupine.

"Hello. Names Lucius. Nice to meet you."

Cerulean orbs slid between the trees, giving the roman ease from the tension of being nice.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn responded eagerly to the summons, intrigued as she was to see what it was Mordecai had to say and also to witness how the entire pack would interact with one another. She had never beheld the entire pack together at once, although she had come across most of them by then individually. She was curious to see the ties they had between themselves and how they would settle in with each other.

When she arrived, she recognized only Sitri and Mordecai. Another was there whom she had never personally met before, so she shared with him the same smile she gave to the scarred beast. It was Mordecai who captured her attention mostly, and it was to him she boldly trotted towards to sniff happily at his nose and press her cheek affectionately against his. The druid moved away after her greeting was over and sat a few feet to his side, knowing it likely was another's place to sit nearer to him--something else the ambitious woman would be watching closely.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He was retiring after a long shift of patrolling in the snow when Mordecai called for a meeting. While he was eager to return to his bed to sleep for half of the day, it had to wait. The pack came first.

Trudging through pure white snow, the dark assassin steadily made his way to the copse of trees Mordecai chose as a meetingplace. It was a good choice, what with the pines protecting those sitting inside from the wind and snow, and Kaname would get a temporary release from the biting cold.

Upon arriving the Beta shook snow from his fur and walked closer to the string of gathered wolves. He nodded towards Mordecai, then swept his piercing gaze across those sitting around the alpha. He greeted Sitri good naturedly, taking his place close to his old friend. Cara had not yet arrived, so he kept in his own little bubble for the moment, waiting for the meeting to start.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
whoopsies meant to post yesterdayy

With a light veil of white covering the nape of her neck and her back, Cara looked like a heavenly creture that had just descended from the skies. While her coat was naturally light, the layer of snow sprinkled over her back made her blend in nicely with the snowy surroundings. She arrived 'fashonably' late to the meeting; though no announcements had been made yet there were already another four wolves gathered around Mordecai.

She slipped past a wolf she did not know, and stepped next to Harlyn, snorting a soft 'hello' before moving on, her eyes fixed on the spot that had been saved for her. Right besides Kaname and Sitri. She issued a sharp yip to them both before twirling around and allowing herself to fall onto her haunches, her eyes and ears focused on Mordecai.

The ending of their past encounter had promised a new beginning for them, hopefully this would reflect on their future interactions -- for the best and not for the worst. She kept her lips tightly pressed against one another, waiting for whatever piece of news Mordecai had in store for them. Though she had been trying her absolute best to keep off the Ostrega's back, she couldn't help but feel a little envy while seeing him stand in front of them all -- looking like a real leader and that without the need of a crown.

marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
This round will end after December 13th. @Kierkegaard & @Mara, feel free to post in the second round -- I tried to leave a bit of narrative gap for any late arrivals! Kaname should post first, but after that there is no posting order or obligation to match length. :)

It took a few minutes, but the footfalls came sure enough. Among the first to arrive was Sitri, and Mordecai offered him a gentle nudge a friendly wave of his tail. He was glad that the scarred creature had come out from the depths to join him. Lucius emerged from the surroundings next to join them, followed swiftly by Harlyn. The deference he was finding came warmly, satisfying the claim he had forged into the Spine. He greeted them with mirth, letting his gaze break away from them as Kaname came next. Seeing the dark-haired beta come was a good sign as well, as their last talk had helped with the very gathering that Mordecai had put together. Among the immediate last to arrive was Cara, who was quick to settle down and in between her more familiar counterparts, and her deference towards him was enough to keep his interest away from her.

Perhaps that was a sign of the cumulative change within the Spine, but Mordecai did not acknowledge it otherwise. Instead he lingered quietly, waiting on any stragglers to come. Whether they did or did not, he knew it was time to press ahead with their meeting. The ones that did not show, he would find later. “I'm glad you could join me,” he said, casting his gilded gaze over them. “I'm sure as you can all tell, winter has set in everywhere. This will be a crucial time for us all as we cannot anticipate everything, and there are expectations to be met.” And for him, this was the point where he wondered if his wording would be worthy at all of a leader.

“I've called you all here to bring those expectations to light and to bring an end to the turmoil that this pack was faced in the past. The Spine requires cooperation from all of us, and I will not tolerate insubordination in our ranks, nor will I tolerate outliers in this pack. It's fine if some of you intend to move on come spring, but while you are here, you will be apart of this pack.” There was a resolute sharpness in his voice, his gaze turned pointed. Mordecai chose not to single out any of them with that gaze, certain they would know who they were. But it was far from his intentions to provoke leery feelings in any of them, if he could help it. “If those simple needs cannot be met, the outcome will speak for itself.” If the loyalty of those who stayed was strong, he knew the Spine would oust the freeloaders in time.

He pressed on then, bringing other matters to the light. “We've done well to keep our caches full, and have done well to continue to fill what we can. With winter here, we will need to continue those efforts, and defend them. The Spine also requires other talents as well. We need healers and caretakers, wolves that can fight just as well as they can defend. It is far better to be over-prepared than not at all, and I want to see all of you strive for something. We can help one another here, not only to better the odds of survival, but to better ourselves.” Only then did his eyes single out to Kaname, who he knew had been working on those very things. Make his effort to cooperate, to see that they all made it through. But that wasn't entirely why Mordecai had singled him out then. “Kaname, as I recall you had things to add to this when we spoke last.” It was there that had paused, hoping that his silent second-in-command would pick up where he left off.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Mara has some light scars on her flank from a recent battle as well as a light limp on her right forepaw.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara had been nearly as far away from the source of the call that she could get and immediately started trotting through the forest at a brisk pace. But apparently not brisk enough. When she reached Mordecai, most of the other spine wolves were already there and the small russet she wolf felt embarrassment heat her cheeks. She hoped she hadn't made to bad an impression on the wolves she hadn't met before. She had only heard the tail end of what her alpha was saying but not enough to get the gist of the meeting.

Mara recognized a few wolves in the group, but the rest were foreign to her. She had met Mordecai, of course, Cara, Harley and Kaname. She glanced around wearily before entering the group, hoping she wouldn't totally interrupt the speech Mordecai had been giving.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" she exclaimed, her head dipped in greeting. "I was very far away when you called." the petite girl explained.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Cara's yellow eyes rested on Kaname's face for a brief second, wondering if he knew had met with Moredai beforehand to discuss about the meeting. It was a little strange to now have the brown assasing towering over her as well, since it had initially been her who held the crown, but despite it all she felt comforted by the plart he played in the leading tier. Though Mordecai would have the final say to execute his threat to her, she was sure Kaname would not let him kick her to the curb without at least trying to plead to her case.

Still, she held the hope it would not have to come to that.
When the brief mention of how there would be zero-toleration to insubordination arised she wiggled tight in her seat, feeling a million of invisible accusing fingers point at her. She regained her composture and exhaled deeply. It would take time to clean her slate as a rebel -- or at least keep her inevitably explosive being under control.

Especially when things like this occured.
Just as the male was wrapping up his initial speech the insolent bitch she had met under the pouring rain came into view, shattering the calm flow of the meeting and pulling some of the member's attention away from the Ostrega. Cara's own eyes followed the girl's movements as she awkwardly took weaved through the bodies of those gathered, her eyes burning with contempt as she thought of how ironical it was she had missed the leader's words.. especially since the subject in hand concerned her as much as it did to Cara herself.

A low huff bubbled from the yearling's chest as she listened to the female's pathetic excuse. Then with a last intense glare shot at her direction the pale female turned her head once more, ready to hear whatever response Mordecai would now come up with.

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
His eyes snapped to Cara when he heard her huff as Mordecai's gaze fixed itself on her. They still had some tension residing between them, but like Mordecai said, they needed unity for the coming winter. Especially if they were going to have pups.

When the alpha prompted him to speak his plan, the Beta straightened his body, eyes wandering around the crowd. "We would like a list of who is going for what trade so we can assign quests and tasks and make sure everyone is working for something." He raised his voice slightly to make sure everyone could hear him. "Speak up one at a time and tell us what trades you want to go for; only three mind you. And like Mordecai said, it would be greatly appreciated if you would go for healer, caretaker, warriors and wardens."
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri looked toward the female but said nothing. It was not his place to reprimand anyone, and besides she may have been further away and had not heard. He shifted and red eyes fell upon Kaname as he spoke. He thought about the words and trades. He wondered what he could choose. Dipping his muzzle he thought about it. Warrior, Warden for now. I do not think I would be suited for caretaker or healer.
34 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
The bi pelt cast a appraising glance toward the russet known as Sitri. He had chosen the very trades he too, was considering. His voice rang out,though the humility was there, as well.

"I too, am pursuing Warden and Warrior. I ask to pursue Outrider,as well. "

Luc wondered if his choice for outrider was one he felt within his heart. It would have to be, wouldn't it? The yearling didn't typically say things he didn't mean.
And if he was going to do his best for this pack, he was going to do that he excelled at.
Jupiter forbid, he failed. He would throw himself off a cliff.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn watched subtly and shrewdly as her packmates filed in and greeted their alpha. Nothing alarmed her about the way they all regarded each other, so she allowed herself to relax in their company, turning to give Cara a friendly greeting in exchange for the one she’d been given. There were a couple there whom she did not recognize and it was to them her attention drifted once she had assessed that none of the other females—well, just Cara I suppose—seemed to be making a play for Mordecai’s attention.

Before she could start judging them too much, Mordecai began his announcements. The Cinderloch listened with rapt attention, barely even glancing when Mara made her late entrance. She felt her hackles raise slightly at the girl’s insubordination at speaking upon entering the circle, something she felt etiquette deigned inappropriate due to the interruption it caused. Harlyn relaxed swiftly again, knowing it was not her place to chide the girl, and also that doing so would only cause further interruption. So, she settled in to listen as the beta, Kaname, began his own piece.

She waited a moment before responding, allowing others to speak before her, if only to see what it was they would choose. It seemed that there were many warriors for the pack, so Harlyn opted to fulfill the softer roles that were more akin to her nature. "Caretaker, naturalist and chronicler," she said softly when she found a moment of quiet to fill. Her gaze shifted to Mordecai, curiously only for his reaction to her choices, before shifting again as the conversation continued.
Mara has some light scars on her flank from a recent battle as well as a light limp on her right forepaw.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara settled down a little, the awkwardness she had felt fading slightly, though she did notice the sharp glare the ignorant girl she had met earlier shot her. She chose to be the mature one and ignore the pale female completely.

The russet girl had been going over the exact question her beta asked next. After her last experience with being a warden, she wasn't so sure it was for her. Sure she was an excellent fighter, but she seemed to lack the mental strength it would take. She had decided that maybe she was more suited to care taker.

She waited for her packmates to finish voicing their trades before she spoke in a polite voice. "I would like to go after care taker." she stated, her sunset head dipped in respect.

Kaname was the first she had met of her pack and she held a high respect for him. She didn't want him to see her as some ignorant girl.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
whipped and ending to this, there will be no more posting after this and those who are eligible for EXP ( @Kaname & @Sitri ) are welcome to claim it.

While Cara's eyes rested on the Ostrega waiting for any comment he might have, she was pleasantly surprised to see it was now Kaname, her most intimate friend and Beta which took the lead of the meeting, asking for each and every member to state their interest regarding trades.

With a sublte shuffle of her weight, the yearling poised herself to look onto the assasin's face, listening half-heartedly to what her fellow packmates began to declare and decide. She already had the title of Outrider and Warden weighing upon her shoulders, and even if she would most likely lean to the trade of Gamekeeping as well, the idea of being a Warrior also echoed in her mind.

The female waited for the wolves present to voice their choice before even choosing to speak up, that until the voice of the same brainless female she had had to drag to the floor a few days ago rung above all.
Caretaker?
What a joke.
After showing insubordination to a higher ranker wolf, and arriving late at an important meeting, the only thing Mara woucd have to take care of was her own ass.

"I'd be hoping to turn into a Gamekeeper" she barked, turning her head slightly at both Kaname and Mordecai as soon as she finished speaking.
As much as she hated to admit it, meeting like this one where what was needed for the Spine. It didn't only give all an idea of what other strived for and what their interest were like but it also helped the Spine wolves bond.
Something she had failed to do during her time as Alpha before.

Making a mental note of it Cara sought Kaname's eyes until the meeting was over. Other than than the trade inquiry there was not much to say, so with a solemn dip of Mordecai's nose they were once again set of to their own devices.