We could be heroes
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
@Finn if you wish? But all welcome!

Dante had finally ventured outside of the Plateau once more, leaving the pack in his Betas' more than capable charge. Osprey was still missing, and though Dante hadn't worried initially, as time stretched on he began to. He did not believe she would have left without informing him. Perhaps it was an outrider's task to look, but neither of her nieces were making themselves available to him at the moment. He had sent up a call for Finn to accompany him, but he did not know if the other man was in earshot. If so he could follow easily enough. Besides, it was good to get out. And he wasn't going to lose yet another packmate without trying his hardest to bring them back.

The trail had been left cold by now and he cursed his complacency in waiting. As it was her most likely course was the Caldera. He would keep his distance as promised but would seek traces nearby. A part of him wondered if she hadn't visited, heard what transpired, and decide to stay with her brother instead. The thought inspired deep unhappiness, but wouldn't be an unreasonable decision. Part of him hoped this was the case, for it would mean nothing had happened to her. He'd miss her though. He already did.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
<3

The days after the aftermath had gone by in a slur for the silver Ollivander. He had spent his waking moments cursing under his breath and piling up prey for in the pack's cache, hoping that this would take his mind off all the bullshit that had fired off in the Plateu lately.

Up until now he had managed to get his jaws around a small squirrel and an an even smaller vole. Still the relentless male went out again, this time swerving off the pack's boundaries in hopes to find a meal of a more decent size. It was then that the Alpha's call reached his ears, inmediately making him lift his snout of the snow covered ground. Finn didn't have to think twice before attending to his call, not only because it was his duty as a subourdinate but because he too felt a meeting between them was far overdue.
So much had happened since they last spoke.

The influx of injured wolves that had been taken under the medic's wing, added with the horrible discovery that one of those wolves lying in agony was his no one but his doppleganger had been nothing compared to the stupid acts of the pack's darling child. The very same one his dear friend was busy missing, and he was busy hating.

Now, Finn only knew about the dissapereance of one of the Ospreys -- the wrong one. He had failed to notice that the non-screw up Osprey disappeared as well. Man, why were the poeple he cared about always fading?
He approached the man slowly, his ears flickering back and forth as he noticed Dante didn't wear a much brighter expression than himself. He chuffed softly hoping to announce his arrival, not wanting to disrupt Dante's thoughts with his voice.

Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante was stopped, his gaze traveling over the lands around in an attempt to find the likeliest direction to go next, when Finn announced his presence. If he thought of Osprey in terms of other quarry, the best thing to do was to try and think as she would to find the trail she likely followed. At least when it got to this point and all scents around them were cold. This is why he had immediately chosen Redhawk Caldera as the starting direction. Though even with Blue Willow's guess that Peregrine had cooled off, he still had no intentions of getting close and having a repeat of last time.

Not realizing the other man's thoughts, missing an important connection in the process (though had he thought more he might have realized, he knew about Finley), Dante immediately explained. "Hey. Wanna give me a hand? I'm searching for any sign of Osprey but could use an Outrider's perspective. I haven't left the plateau often enough to know the likely spots. Most I can give is some game keeping knowledge but that only gets it so far." For that to work solely he would need to know her better than he did , because from what he knew of her now she could have taken any route.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

The idea of going to the Caldera made the platinum male's stomach churn into tiny bits of goo. Though he had been searching ardously for the injured bear wrestler after the screw-up teen kicked her out, he had not even gotten close to the borders of her new home, fearing that he would be welcomed by some pissed off Peregrine, which would later get even more pissed after Finn revealed who the real culprit behind his Beta's impromtu release was.

With another wave of his tail, he listened intently to Dante's words, his brows suddenly furrowing as he spoke of Osprey as she was no longer around. She was gone too? he thought sadly, playing back their short but meaningful encounter in his mind as he tried to think of where she could've gone to. And you think she'd head to the Caldera?, he asked with all seriousness. Though he didn't know Osprey well, she had not given him the impression she would like to visit her brother, though considering her niece had run off maybe that had served as a reason for her to call a family reunion.

To tell Peregrine of Junior or something? he pondered out loud, trying to make his best effort not to get worked up again at the mention of the insolent brat that had driven Finley away. Had his greyscale friend also felt that way when he heard? , he wondered while casting a furtive glance in his direction, hoping to catch a sign of anger flare in the male's face. But just like said female had been oblivious to the rules and concequences, Finn was oblivious to the fondness he had of her.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante sighed. "Seems as likely as anything. Truth be told I thought perhaps she'd caught wind of what I decided about the Caldera and went to see her brother. But it's strange she'd be gone so long without having said anything." Unless she was angry... which was a possibility. Dante didn't quite know her well enough to know how kindly she would take to such actions against her family. Even if it was for other family that he had done it.

"I don't want to get too close. Well, I personally can't get too close. But I'd rather we both kept our distance if that is alright." He looked at Finn. "What do you think? Any better ideas?" It was said without a trace of sarcasm, for he truly wanted to know if the other silver male had any input on this. He was not aware if the two of them had a friendship but it was worth a shot. He might know more than Dante did about the situation.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Surpisingly for him, Dante's face showed no trace of comtempt or even a slight annoyance as Junior's name was brought up into the conversation. With his olive eyes now trailing the edges of the greyscale's male thoughtfully Finn tried to place himself in Osprey's shoes. Despite feeling that their brief encounter had ended on friendly terms it was nearly impossible for the silver man to think as she would. It was not that he was too selfish to understand the reasons she might've seeked Peregrine, but that as an only child, and a man who resented everything related to the Caldera, he could not get himself to imagine him ever going near the place.

You'd think she'd go act as a mediator? he asked, tipping his head slightly as he spoke. Then, as if Dante had been reading his mind he mentioned not wanting to go near the Caldera either way. The Ollivander bobbed his head in agreement, casting a long glance at the Caldera's direction before swinging his head back towards the Alpha.

Not really.. But I think going and asking Peregrine about it might just spike greater turmoil between the packs he declared, feeling that despite being Osprey's own brother he would not be of use in this situation.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante nodded. The idea of her attempting to bridge the situation was preferable to the other option. "Or that she felt Peregrine was slighted and went to him as a result. Though I am hoping for the former, for in the latter case I think perhaps she would have let me know." Osprey, from what he knew of her, didn't seem shy in vocalizing how she felt.

"I agree completely. No use causing even more trouble. We have enough of that already." Dante cast a gaze in the direction of the Caldera, then began to search, senses open for any trace of their missing packmate. After a time he might propose they split up to cover more ground, but for now if Finn wished he was content in his company. A part of him wished to ask about Fin, for she had been on their lands a while, but he refrained. He wasn't sure how touchy the situation was and did not wish to directly approach it like that. So instead he asked a less direct question, but one he still wished to know the answer to. "How do you feel about my decision to turn down Peregrine's offer?"
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Truth be told the idea of a sister pack was not such a bad one.
If looked at it objectively taking aside the animosity between the members of each pack it could even get to the point of being beneficial. Though alliances were delicate things that held the whole welfare of a pack within in and should not be taken lightly, Finn was also aware of the downsides to having and adjoint pack. In the blink of an eye, what started out to be an alliance could turn into a war, specially because both the Caldera and Plateu were unable to look beyond the little grudges.

When Peregrine had proposed the 'oh so wonderful' idea of joining the Plateu with the newly established Caldera he had spoken just on his behalf. Even if Dante and Blue Willow would have agreed (which they might have considering how fond they were of Peregrine), it was Fox the one that would be a barrier. Her selfish nature was what had brought Lasher and Peregrine's relation to pieces. Hadn't she also been basically dethroned of her previous pack because of being an instigator to other packs? Had Peregrine even considered that when he proposed it?

I think it was what had to be done -- I doubt it would have worked otherwise. He barked, his voice carrying a certain seriousness that seems unnatural in him. But then again, things happening inside if his brain and heart were very unnatural lately.

After his answer, a heavy silence wrapped between them, making the silver Ollivander turn his head back in order to seek Dante's reaction to his words, finding an intrigued light shining in them instead.
Finn knew what he was wondering.
He wondered it too every time the silence settled over his conflicted mind.

I went to see her He admitted quietly, the outlines of his eyes showing the sorrow he felt as he spoke of it. I told her I loved her can you believe that?, He barked a bit anxious to see what he would think of him ever pronouncing such words. Would Dante be as shocked as she and himself had been?

Maybe love was one of those forbidden words that was not meant to be said.
Like a curse word that instead of offending anyone, cursed the person who said it.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante hadn't necessarily been looking for validation, but upon receiving it he was surprised by how glad it made him. "Probably not." He was glad Finn was willing to talk over such things... not that others weren't, but of all the wolves of the Plateau, he felt Finn was the one he could relate to the most. Perhaps it was the fact that their ages were so close. Dante hadn't had many male friends around his own age, and it was nice to have one now.

He was surprised to hear Finn's admission, and impressed that he had the courage to go and admit such a thing to Finley. He could guess how it had gone, though, and he shook his head sympathetically. "I'm sorry, man, but it sounds like you too did what needed to be done. That had to take some serious guts." He couldn't imagine. Dante had never been in love, but if he was, he wondered if he would have the courage to admit it. "For what it's worth, I think she's an idiot. But I would have been sorry to see you go." His relief that Finn would likely not be leaving for the Caldera was tempered by his desire to have things work out for his friend. He knew how he had wanted Finley to return his feelings.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
I love their friendship <3

If Finn had not had the displeasure of being an only child he might have gone as far as to say Dante had grown to be like a brother to him, but never having any he was completely ignorant to what such words meant. It was undeniable that over their few encounters, the silver Ollivander had grown quite fond of the greyscale Alpha, hence the fact he ever dared to mention such private details of his life, something he would have eluded if it had been any other wolf asking.

And though this was the second time he poured his feeling into another wolf's feet without the protection of an armor of any kind, it strangely felt less stressing than the last time. Maybe because at least now Finn knew that having Dante trample over his heart like it was a piece of shit was not an option. Or maybe because the ease and tranquility shining in the man's silver eyes were more comforting than Finley's shit brown colored orbs would ever be.

The time that elapsed between his words and his companion's answer was still as stressing, but unlike the first time once the answer came it incredibly more revitalizing.
Guts? I didn't even know what I was saying once the words sputtered out of my mouth like vomit Β He barked with a dry attempt of a chuckle as he shook his head disapprovingly -- of himself most of all.

Not a bigger idiot than me He barked, his voice ridding itself of the heavy coat of melancholy with every syllable he pronounced. And while he appreciated his friends support, his wounded heart was still not ready or even willing to insult the female that had once been so dear to him. I don't even know why the fuck my mind would go and say that He mused out loud while closing his eyes in disbelief and a bit of annoyance at how the situation had gone. Especially since it's evident she has a thing for bears, He finished more quietly, immediately trying to shake the gross image of a bear trying to shag a wolf from his head.

Despite the emotional damage the repugnant disappointment it all had brought onto both him , Finn was proud to say he had learned one thing out of the whole fiasco. He might have not found what love was within his look-alike's company but he had certainly found out what it wasn't.

For that he'd be thankful.
Thankful, he hadn't joined the Crapdera when she asked him to.
Hey He began as Dante confessed how he would have actually been sad to see him go. Then with his olive eyes looking briefly into Dante's in a complete no homo type of way he continued, Bros before hoes, right? He barked before breaking into an uncontrollable fit of laughter that however inappropriate (considering the moment) served as a perfect method to empty his lungs of the heavy weight her memories had left behind.

Finn would get out of this one, in the en he always did.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Me too :D

Dante accepted Finn's words without argument, though he disagreed. Still, the heart wants what it wants, and if Finley wasn't interested in Finn that way, there was little to be done. His opinion would have been more rightly put to say he thought Finley's heart was an idiot for not returning the feelings.

If it was true, then usually it was better to say it. Dante didn't voice this, feeling that the words wouldn't necessarily be helpful right now, but at least now Finn could move past it knowing. He might have otherwise thrown a lot of time and emotional commitment into something that wouldn't have panned out anyway. Waiting rarely did anyone any favors. He cracked a grin at the bear comment. It was amusement shared in fun, for he counted Finley a friend as well. But right now Finn's friendship took precedence. The comment was a little perfect as well with all of her bear troubles.

"Always." He responded, not quite laughing but with a broad smile. "Wiser words never spoken."

Then, never one to dwell too long on the emotional (and yet, a counselor all the same...), Dante gave him a devilish look. "Hey, what say you and I continue this brofest and go find something to kill?" He could use a bite and Finn, he bet, could use the release.

He still worried for Osprey, but it was quickly becoming apparent they would find no signs around here. After their hunt he and Finn could perhaps split and cover more ground before returning.
∞
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
wrap or go on?
bromancing <3 finte

Whether the title of idiot was for her, for him, or for both to wear the silver Ollivander did not spend much time dwelling on it. He knew his timing, of both his appereance and his words, had been wrong, but again, so had been Finley's communication skills.
Both were afraid of commiting in the end, Finley demonstrated this in a more open way as for Finn this was subtly transmited by his uncontrollable fear of close spaces, or the feeling of being 'caged' -- both emotionally and physically.

We should make that a law; the first one in the Big Dick Plateau Constitution. he barked while waggling his eyebrows, making a play of words with the pack's initials, something he had already done during one of his outriding trips. While he could not deny that the emotional wounds in his heart had not healed, (and would take some weeks to) his sense of humor remained to be luckily unharmed.

With his nose now bumping into the grayscale's male shoulder, the Gamma mirrored a crooked smile of his own. Yes, please -- I'm done with the Crapdera and it's crap to be honest he barked, his voice coming out more as an exhausted sigh.
Then with his tail wagging softly behind him he turned and waited for the man to either follow or lead the way, he didn't care either way.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
i'll go ahead and fade :) we'll have to have another one! Finte <3

Dante laughed aloud at the play on words, appreciating the misnomer completely. "right at the top of the list." He wasn't sure if Finn were joking or not, but honestly, it was a rule the alpha would have little problem keeping to. He also wondered whether Perry had ever referred to the plateau as such.... It seemed a thing he would do.

"Crapdera closed. Let's go get us some eats." Returning the nudge, a wolfish fist-bump of sorts, he settled in stride alongside his friend, taking aim for the lower reaches of the Plateau where it met the mountain's base. This was where they had the best chance of catching something sizable and right now, Dante wasn't feeling the appeal of small prey.