Swiftcurrent Creek kaleidoscope [joining]
<i>dreaming about the things that we could be</i>
7 Posts
Ooc — nicole ☼
@Scimitar though open for everyone :)

Eily padded across the Winter Wonderland-to-be, her body wired with energy, her footsteps giddy. She had no idea what had her all worked up today and she was yet to find out. Winter was approaching, and it was in her best interest to find a pack to reside in so that she would be able to feel useful and be committed to others' well-being.

She'd been alone by herself for a few months, now, and she decided that she didn't really want to live by herself in her lonesome burrow any longer.

A bird with patterned blue wings flew across Eily that second, and she attempted to swipe at it in a childlike manner. Laughing, she proceeded forwards.

The snow fae was in luck when she caught a whiff of a scent— the borders of a pack, invisible lines marking somebody's territory. Hoping it belonged to a pack she could join, she bounded quickly upwards and stopped directly in front of what she deemed were the borders. Then she sent a howl ringing upwards to the sky, politely requesting for whoever that led these lands.
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It had seemed like it had been awhile since the Alpha had accepted another in to his pack -- perhaps that stemmed down to the tensions and stirrings amongst his ranks currently. When the cry arose, his creamy paws were swift, and soon, his large figure would loom upon the borders.

He noted the flash of white first -- the gleam of aquamarine in her eyes, and for a moment, he stilled, his thoughts drifting to the past. "Chakra?" It was a hesitant murmur, and as the distance closed between them, the cinnamon wolf would realize that it was not the exotic female he had just mistaken her for. Giving a light nod, lest she heard his confusion, he swept his tail through the air, his stance proud, though hesitant. "You are on Swiftcurrent Creek borders. State your name and reasons," he offered, his tone more predominant now as he awaited an answer. Always to the point and never one to linger.. Not even for a pretty face.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
17 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
Eclipsis slipped in beside her Alpha, her stance one of hostility towards the stranger, but slight uncertainty. She had been near the borders when the cry had risen, she had been quick to find it's source.
"You are on Swiftcurrent Creek borders. State your name and reasons,"

Eclipsis looked up at Scimitar, then towards the stranger, waiting for her response. If it was one of hostility...she would prove herself to her Alpha, if necessary.
7 Posts
Ooc — nicole ☼
It wasn't long after she let out her cry did a male appear. Big in stature, long limbs stretching and propelling himself forwards, eyes a bright turquoise. His stance was one of dominance, and was definitely a wolf of high status. There was a 99 percent chance that he was the Alpha.

Immediately the snow-pelted female lowered herself in an appropriate position of subordination, like how her previous pack had taught her to do. She'd been born to the Alpha pair and had no doubt seen enough to know much of the basics.

Later on did another wolf approach, her expression tinged with hostility. Perhaps she thought that she had came here to cause trouble, though when it came down to a wolfess like Eily, the chances were extremely slim, closing down towards nonexistent. Instead, Eily offered her a small smile. She meant no harm.

The male seemed to murmur a word, something she didn't recognize. It was probably of a different language or, well, a name. She definitely wasn't Chakra, but she proceeded to provide an answer to his question.

"My name is Eily, Eily Sheridan, and I am of Côté Rivage. I have came here to seek to join a pack, and have found myself upon your borders. Now I wish for a place in your ranks." Pausing as she believed that there was where she stopped, she proceeded to wait for further questioning of her skills.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
One ear flickered at the presence of another sidling up beside him, and a quick cant of his muzzle would allow his peripheral vision to catch view of Eclipsis. He had formed little opinion of the paler she-wolf thus far, and his only way of greeting her for now was a slight tip of his head in a nod to indicate her presence was welcome.

His gaze drifted sharply back to the ivory female, though, and as she spoke, he gave a small nod. Her heritage was not something he was familiar with – but that wouldn’t sway his opinion of her one way or another. His own family held proud lines – in his mind at least, for the DeMonte’s had begun to spread across North America with firm paws in leading packs and maintain their one true trait – wanderlust.

Luckily, it had yet to pull him from his current home.

“Scimitar Frostfur,” he offered then, in ways of quick introductions. “Alpha of these lands you wish to call home. So tell me.. what can you offer this pack?”
17 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
Eclipsis was relieved, she was welcome here. She was half hoping that the female would be hostile, but it seemed that she was out of luck. She was eager to gain her warrior trade, but it looked like she would have to wait for a chance to prove herself. Her stance relaxed slightly as she looked towards the fae, waiting for her answer.
7 Posts
Ooc — nicole ☼
The Alpha offered his name— Scimitar Frostfur, and sent a question her way, asking her of her abilities. She had her answer on her tongue and all it took was the will to force them out and not make a fool of herself.

"I am skillful at hunting, having been trained a lot to ace through that area. I'm fast on my feet and a hard-worker". Eily thought of the times where Renee had reprimanded her for an unclean kill— thought she easily did the same to her sister. Customs back in her old pack were easy-going, though of course they strived for their wolves to be the best, just using different methods.

The pale wolfess behind Scimitar had her expression slightly relaxed, though her eyes were still trained on her, watching her motives.

The snow fae had been easily said as the best hunter of her littermates back in Côte Rivage. "My loyalty is strong, my versatility promising. I will be a great companion to your pack and will be another addition to a tight bond." She smiled at the thought of new friends and family.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She was quick to answer, and straight to business, the regal gave a nod, not missing a beat to hesitate. "Good," he murmured, allowing a small smile to press to his creamy muzzle. "The caches are in need to be stocked -- we have a litter of pups on the way."

With this spoken, the cinnamon wolf closed the distance between them, fully aware of the pale fur of the she-wolf against his own -- so much like Bazi and Chakra. He clearly had a 'type' when it came to those he found attractive.

Brushing his shoulder to hers and rubbing his scent upon her as a sign of welcome to the pack, he gave a nod to the she-wolf who had chosen to make her presence known to the stranger. Swiftcurrent Creek had always held quite the welcoming committees to those they did not know. "I will leave you in Eclipsis' capable paws to give you a tour?" He would have offered to do it himself -- should have, even, given his role, but somehow, he was hesitant to be alone with the tantalizing creature.
17 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
Eclipsis nodded briskly. "Follow me"

(Will add more, this was just a super quick post.)
7 Posts
Ooc — nicole ☼
concluding post! also, sophia, you could answer the second eily and eclipsis thread we already have up, if you've got your post ready:)

Thankfully the Alpha male decided to accept her— "good", he nodded with a smile, which allowed Eily to do the same to him— she was in a pack, and she would be part of a team. A whole. She would be a constituent, and she was determined to work up to her name in the ranks of Swiftcurrent Creek.

"Thank you, Alpha," She said, giddy with excitement, the enthusiasm clear in her voice. "I will not let you down." Briefly she sensed something in the multicolored Alpha's gentle eyes— discomfort? Wariness? Uneasiness? She supposed that happened to all newcomers into the pack, or maybe it had something to do with the name he'd uttered earlier that clearly wasn't hers. Chakra, was it?

She inwardly rolled her shoulder, not taking much notice. Scimitar offered for the other pale girl, whose name was Eclipsis, to take Eily on a tour around the pack, which the turquoise eyed snow fae gratefully accepted. Eclipsis instructed her to follow, and Eily welcomed the rubbing of the scent of Swiftcurrent Creek on her pelt and swiftly followed her into pack lands, the smile wide and prominent on her dainty features.