Born of Shadows {j}
<b>WARNING</b>
This Whole Character is <b>MATURE</b>
Back away...farther...farther...
338 Posts
Ooc —
{Was told to post a joining thread, so here it is!}

Crescendo stood atop the cliff face, the wind pushing past his guard hairs to reveal scars underneath his thick coat. He parted his jaws and threw back his head to let out a melodious howl full of sorrow, arrogant intention, and yearning. For what, he did not know.
Crescendo bent his painful neck as his beautiful song ended, flaring his nostrils to take in every scent he could before turning and leaping into a slow, long lope. His corded muscles bunched and relaxed with each stride he took, sucking breaths into his heaving lungs as he lopped painfully down the steep hill and suddenly slamming to a stop right in front of a scent marking. The run, short as it had been, was tortures on his ripped shoulder.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆for Warden, I join you. :P ◆

Slade had been precise of where he placed the scent markers, and only after placing the 23rd rub against a dying oak, did the howl make its haughty way towards his auds. The obsidian turned his path, and made swift work of the distance where he last heard the sounds of such. And after passing the tribulations of the claw like trees, Slade placed his eyes on the form on a slight smaller, yet built male, one who reeked of Loner. A bleeding loner. One whos blood churned his desire to finish him off.
yet, he could not do such a thing.

"What brings you to BlackFeather? Speak properly, or risk your ebbing life to be fully drained from your corpse."

The baritones rang clear across the distance, and with a regal look, the Nightmare regarded the hessian with a merciless stare.
<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
The huge black male, only slightly larger then Crescendo, was intimidating. He had to admit that at least. He had learned from his last encounter with pack wolves, and lowered himself painfully into a submissive posture. "I search only for a great pack to reside with. The wound inflicted on me were done so while I was paying my respects to an Alpha, the only reason why he is not dead." He said, anger coloring his voice. His voice become icy calm again as he said " To a pack I offer my great fighting skills, and am ready to swear my undying loyalty." Were he not injured, he would offer some crude remarks, but he did not wish to aggravate his condition further.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Wounded from an Alpha? Surely this man had done something to anger the leader, and after having analyzed the wound with his volcanic resembling irises, Slade figured only a skilled healer could asses and treat such a wound. Information was needed to figure the whereabouts and travels of this wolf. Yet, the way he spoke snidingly of the one who mauled him, caused Slade a bit of relaxation among the stranger.

"You may rise."

Slade knew he would need the approval of the Queen, the Alphess of the very pack the loner was trying to join, so he bore the thought on a primary scale.
Again, the interview.

"What is your name, fighter of Alphas?"

Slade sat, giving the brute to opportunity to sit as well, as long as he kept his hide away from the borders, would he keep his soul.
<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
Crescendo rose and sat, careful to remain behind the border. He still remained in a slight submissive pose, his tail flat on the ground and his gaze averted.
"What is your name, fighter of Alphas?"

Crescendo smirked slightly, before his face returned to the neutral expression. *Fighter of Alphas* He quite like that title. Dipping his head, he proclaimed. "I am Crescendo"
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆tossin you a possible thread for a trade if you need it, or just wanna know this amigo. :P ◆

Crescendo. The like of a musical term. Deceitfully simple, though complex. Slade appreciated the such.

"Crescendo, you have survived the interview I have offered, though it was significantly shorter than what I would give most. Now, you must face the tribulations of the next in hierarchy. And I pray he gives you the amount of mercy I have, for he has a temperment unlike mine. "

With that, Slade howled for his soon to be pupil, @Keith , MoonBane, the Pale One.

After the savage's song was was sung, Slade took his hellish gaze back to the smaller counterpart, a graceful smile etched onto his dark maw.

"Good luck, Crescendo, and if you play your cards correctly, you will be one with the BlackFeather Wolves. Not only that, you will receive a life that the ones who strayed from this path, wish they hadn't. "

With that, Slade vanished back into the ethereal shadows, melting back into the dark and ominous forrest that seemed to swallow him whole.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
<style> .Bane1 {padding: 10px;} .Bane1 p { margin: 20px 80px 10px 80px; font-family: Candara, Calibri, Segoe, "Segoe UI", Optima, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: justify; text-indent: 35px;} .Bane1 q {color: #800000; font-weight: bold;} </style>

Bane was patrolling the northern borders of their land when the first howl resounded from afar. Someone else would take care of it, he was sure about that for his fellow packmates were just as committed as he was to their duty, so he stayed on his guard post, reinforcing the borders with his manly odor... But then, another howl that asked for his presence specifically, echoed in the darkness. That was a completely different thing. What could be so urgent that required his authoritarian and very much regal presence?

The northern beast let out a howl to let his comrade know that he was coming, and swiftly rushed through the woods to attend the matter. A scent waded all the way to him before reaching the source of the call, the scent of a loner, a bleeding loner. Who are you? a deep voice barked from the shadows. If the wolf was looking for a healer, then he had arrived just late, for their only doctor had just given birth and would be unable to attend him.

<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
Crescendo lowered himself into the most submissive posture he could manage."I am Crescendo" he stated."I was looking for a pack to lend my skills to this winter, and found myself on your borders. " He felt slightly repetitive as he said "The wounds inflicted upon my were done so by an Alpha, respect being the only thing that kept me from tearing his throat out."
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

The dark male submitted to the presumptuous display of authority of the Pale guard, and like a rush of adrenaline, his boosted ego took away his actions. He raised his tail even higher, and with a severe look in his ghostly eyes, the man kept the questionnaire going.

And you're expecting for us to heal you? Bane barked with a pint of disdain. Why did he attack you in first place? Or was it the other way around? Bane asked seriously, it was important to know the reason for his wounds, he couldn't just take in another insubordinate wolf into his ranks, and even less when he had serious wound that needed attention. Though, Slade had been the one to call him there, what left Bane to suppose that Crescendo had passed the Nightmare's own test. That itself was promising.

<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
Crescendo sighed to himself, but let nothing show on his features. "I expect no healer, I can care for these myself" He said, pointing his muzzle in the direction on his wounds.

"I was searching for a great pack to join, and accidentally crossed the borders of one. I stopped, let out a howl and waited. Two wolves came, an Alpha and warden. I told them how sorry I was, and requested for a word. But the Alpha seemed keen on fighting, and in the end I had no choice but to strike back."
He lowered his head, but secretly, he was smiling.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

The pale Epsilon listened carefully to Crescendo's explanation on how he got the wounds, a stern look on his face, severe as only Meldresi and Slade did better. How does one cross pack borders accidentally? Don't you have a nose?" the pale one asked incredulous. It was important for a wolf to know where he's standing, and without a keen sense of smell that was just impossible. I'll tell you only one thing, We're not a common pack... Blackfeather Woods needs strong individuals, capable of anything and everything... Do you have that, Loner? Do you think you can keep up with our standards? Bane asked, the severity of his voice raising with every word spoken. He wasn't going to take in whichever Runt requested joining their numbers.

<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
Crescendo's eyes flashed darkly, letting out a bit of his true self. "I am sure I can "keep up with your standards" he said coldly. "I am capable then more than you know, pack wolf." His fur lay flat however, and his remained an icy cold, giving away nothing. "I seek no common pack-only the strongest."

He did however, have a nose, he somtimes chose to ignore it. He kept this to himself, however.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Last post, Welcome to BFW :)

The northerner's ghostly gaze fell upon the loner's eyes. He wanted to look at them, only that way he would know the real intentions he hid. The pale beast lowered his head, baring his fangs and casting a veil of white fog with a growl to get a closer look. Maybe Bane was taking advantage of the dark loner's submissiveness, yes, but the silver savage also wanted to let the male know who was the one he would have to answer to if he got the place he was looking for in Blackfeather Woods. I will give you a chance to prove it Bane said in the form of a deep growl, and then, the young Epsilon rose, holding himself high, the way a leader does. Just make sure you pay more attention to your nose this time. Clean yourself and come to the caves, I will show you where our Alpha keeps the herbs so you can take care of that. he said with severity, and with that, he left the other male's side and trotted back to the darkness of the woods, fast enough to leave the injured male behind.

<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
Wordlessly, Crescendo drew himself up and followed the males scent trail. He was not quite sure what he though of the wolf yet, but he harboured a stiff respect toward him. He paused between steps to swivle his head around and clean his wounds. The stupid female had made them much worse. He hated being weak. He hated that pack.