Firestone Hot Springs tortured souls may seek the light
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

the beta did not like to stray far from the plateau these days, but the snows had made the flatlands uninhabitable by the ruminants, and so he followed ermine, weasel, stoat, and marmot, whatever bearer of fur and flesh that could stock their larders.

selfish though it might be, lasher had dug his own cache near the new densite, and already it was half-full with rodents and even a hapless wood pheasant he had managed to spook. koda and kesuk had become mates, but blue willow's children would arrive first into the world, and as such his energies were dedicated to her.

and so he stalked the shimmying step of a weasel into the warm lands, murkwater eyes fixed upon its slender form.

<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
i don't think crëyr's met anyone from bdp yet, so hi:D

Ever since she'd gotten her outrider trade, Crëyr'd been straying farther from the Bypass a little more than usual, after her hunting session with Falwasi. She was out to fill the caches, and possibly for a new recruit. The pack was thriving once more, with the ranks filling up nicely. Somehow, the grayscale girl found it bearable, even with the looming absence of both Flash and Paarthurnax.

Her mind kept wandering to Flash's return date, if there even was one. After all, the tawny male was unpredictable. He'd been her closest comrade and pack partner when Shadow was gone, so many things of hers had depended upon him. If there was a good reason for his departure, Crëyr would give anything to hear it.

Her footsteps were soft against the light dusting of snow that had descended upon Teekon Wilds. It wasn't long before she scented another, though the smell was slightly tinged with some other animal— a weasel, maybe. Or a ferret.

The sterling girl's cerulean orbs fixated upon the dark form that was scouting the smaller animal. He had the same intentions, perhaps. To fill his pack's caches. Crëyr was sure he wasn't alone, for she could detect the scent of a pack on him, though she did not know which. She stood an appropriate distance away from the hunter and his future prey, unsure of whether to announce her arrival, for she did not want him to possibly lose his meal.

Later on did her azure eyes do a quick scan of the area for any other possible food to bring back home.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
hello!

<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

but the animal had caught her scent nevertheless, and, scenting too the fragrance besetting lasher's own pelt, had run off in fear. chuffing in an irritable way, the beta turned his head to see who had interfered, and met the bright eyes of the unknown girl with a rare charmlessness to his gaze.

yet it soon passed; he regarded her amiably enough. you smell of the mountains, taltos observed, nares flared to take her scent. yet it was a veiled insinuation that she should explain why she had come so far; he was unsettled with a father's suspicious nature.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The creature the wolf was tailing after ran off into the woods. Failing to catch the weasel, the male stopped, clearly very irritated. Lightly guilty, Crëyr braced herself, alert, up for however he was going to react, for she knew some wolves had serious anger problems. Well, this one didn't seem to be showing any symptoms that would ring red bells, but she prepared an apology on her tongue nonetheless. It was required, whether or not he would be extremely angry, anyway.

Instead he turned, his stance nothing that was hostile, regarding her gently behind steely blue eyes. "You smell of the mountains."

The grayscale girl relaxed slightly at that. She was indeed a way from the mountains, for she had travelled pass them to get here. Crëyr had smelled a pack there, distinctly familiar, knowing that she'd smelt the scent before. Not sure which, though.

She smiled, nodding thoughtfully at his words. "I have travelled past the mountains to get here, and is a good week away from home. Lately I've been exploring more, since I've recently gotten my trade of outrider. Also, I'm sorry for you have lost your meal." The silver-graphite girl paused, regarding him curiously before sending a polite question his way. "Are you of a pack in this region? I've never been around here, and would love to know more about the area I now live in."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

she was lovely in the grayscale of her form, but he was unmoved as of late. her cheery words did much to dispel his irrational worry, and he regarded her with the typical friendly light upon his gaze. yes. i am the beta male of blacktail deer plateau, he answered her.

to her apology, taltos gave a gentle shake of his head. no matter. there shall be other weasels. what is it you would like to know? somehow anxiety thrummed within him, and he fidgeted somewhat in the snow to distract himself and cast it aside.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
sorry for the late reply! exams have been killing me ahhh

Blacktail Deer Plateau. She made a note of that. What packs had she heard of and encountered again? She'd been notified of Swiftcurrent Creek, Duskfire Glacier, The Sunspire. All where she had friends around, kind of.

The brown male gave her words and a gentle shake of his head once she offered her her apology, which she returned with a smile. ”I'm not sure myself, perhaps more about the land and its landmarks and inhabitants." Crëyr paused, her cerulean eyes on his fidgety movements, wondering if she'd said anything wrong. She gave a slim roll of her shoulder. ”After all, these lands might someday take up a part of my heart." Like how Wales did.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no prob! i know how it can be!

taltos ceased his fidgeting, swallowing the restlessness within him as the woman spoke. i know little of the land roundabout us, save for the pack in the southernmost wilds, redhawk caldera. the former leader of the plateau departed it to begin anew with his mate. he found that the old bitterness had yet to crop up, and welcomed the respite. as for us, we are a strong lot. our leader is firm yet kind, and we evaluate all for what they can bring to us.

he eyed her gently. tell me of the mountains. i do miss them.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

redhawk caldera. blacktail dear plateau. she made notes of those while she nodded. "it sure is interesting learning about other packs when you are distanced relatively far from most."

the male sent a question her way, inquiring her of the mountains. "oh, our pack isn't close to the mountains, but i occasionally visit them for a trip or two," she offered thoughtfully, thinking of the days she had spent travelling to and fro with shadow or other friends. "the view sure is pretty during the winter." crëyr's cerulean orbs regarded him curiously. "have you ever been up there? i've heard of the panorama of the teekon wilds, i'm sure it's breathtaking." after all, she loved seeing everything from heights, it gave her a sense of freedom.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

he shook his head ruefully. i have not, though one day i will visit. he sidled alongside of her, assured of their affability, though he maintained a polite distance. if you would like, i could give you a small tour of the shared lands here.

he offered the gift gently, neither pressing nor reluctant; if she wanted to return quickly home, he would not keep her.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

the dark-furred male shook his head, telling her that he hadn't had the chance to visit the mountains. an idea dawned upon her head then, and a smile bloomed across her features. "maybe we could go together to visit that place someday!"

as if he was mirroring her thoughts, he then continued to offer to give her a tour of the unfamiliar surrounding area. crëyr beamed, her cerulean eyes sparkling. she loved outriding and exploring, even more with good company. "of course, i would love to have that! where do we begin?"

1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Vivaldi'; font-style: strong; font-size: 20px; color: #DF0101; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #F5A9A9;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Lucida Bright', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:25px'} </style>

she accepted with gracious excitement, and he made a leg of it, inviting her to his side. we shall begin here. he smiled at her, charmed by the woman's odd name and open demeanour; yet in a friendly sort of way, on edge as he remained by the soon-to-be-born children. when must you be home? he laughed, gesturing that they should walk together.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

crëyr kept up with him as they began to walk, and it was only then when it occurred to her that she didn't even know his name yet. laughing at the silliness of the matter, she spoke, "oh, i don't think we've introduced ourselves yet! my name's crëyr."

at his query, she responded with, "hmm, my singular expeditions often take up to one week. i plan to get home sometime soon, as i don't have much time left. two days, perhaps?"

her friendly gaze turned sideways, her blue eyes amiable. "when must you? when the sun sets?"

1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Vivaldi'; font-style: strong; font-size: 20px; color: #DF0101; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #F5A9A9;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Lucida Bright', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:25px'} </style>

he startled, surprised that she was correct; i am lasher, also called taltos, he indicated, filing her name away for further analysis of its odd sound. falling into step with her, he shot a glance in creyr's direction, surprised she spent so long away from home. but perhaps she had been given this as an assignment. a mite before, taltos confirmed. i am expected.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

the sterling female nodded as he informed her of his name. lasher. sounded like lash, the nickname she gave for flash back home. "good to meet you, lasher, taltos. which name should i call you?"

she padded through the scenery of winter, in step beside her earthy-furred companion. he responded to her question, informing her of the small amount of time he would be spending out around here before returning home. "we should hurry up, then," crëyr spoke, not wanting to keep lasher back. "unless it's a short tour. where are we headed?"

1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

a smile passed into light, then faded upon his lips. either or. i shall answer to both, he began a sweep of the water's edge. the river. it runs alongside these springs. i will take you in the direction of my home. look there; you can see the shadows of a great forest across the steam of this hot water.

he indicated with gestures as he spoke. i have not been there before, but it seems a very old forest, and majestic. they walked in talks for some time, before taking mutual and amiable leave of one another.