Big Salmon Lake malice
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Vivaldi'; font-style: strong; font-size: 20px; color: #DF0101; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #F5A9A9;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Lucida Bright', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:25px'} </style>

he stayed close to the jagged peaks, but curiosity soon drove the youth into the open, where he chased all manner of birds and tried to dig rodents from their deep burrows. as always, byll was not far behind him, equally full of chastisment as she was playfulness. he wrestled with her in the wood for some time, before the twinned pair loped out onto the lake bank, and here buffalo broke away from his sister, moving along the strip of loam as he followed an interesting scent.

BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Somnia padded carefully around the lake's edge. She had fallen into the small lake on top of the Caldera only a few weeks ago. This lake was much bigger, and lacked her saviors. It was actually surprising how she dared get so close to the edge of lakes after the accident. But, it was winter, and prey was getting harder to find. Lakes were one of the best spots to look, as all animals needed water.

Her nose a few inches above the ground, Somnia kept a steady pace as she made her way around the lake. Eventually, a grey figure came into view. It almost looked like Elwood, and she would've thought so too, if not for his scent. She let out a friendly woof to get his attention. Somnia then took a few steps towards him before stopping to await his reaction. Would he want her company?
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Vivaldi'; font-style: strong; font-size: 20px; color: #DF0101; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #F5A9A9;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Lucida Bright', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:25px'} </style>

the sound stopped him in his tracks, and buffalo lifted an intrigued expression toward the she-wolf, but instinct forced him to shrink back toward byll. look! he chortled in a stage whisper to his sister, before a long lope carried him in wary approach toward the woman.

hello, he purled charmingly. i'm buffalo and that is byll, and here he indicated the retiring form of his twin sister, who snarled once and retreated into the shadowed wood. she's not too friendly.

BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
The interactions Somnia received were a bit..... Interesting. Yeah, that word worked. First the wolf shrank back to another wolf that she hadn't noticed at first. He said something to the other wolf before he came forward to converse. The other wolf gave a small snarl and disappeared.

"Hi, I'm Somnia." She said, a puzzled look creeping across her face. There were a few remarks that flashed through her mind when Buffalo said that Byll wasn't friendly, but Somnia decided against saying them. She didn't want to somehow offend Buffalo. Instead, she switched to another topic. "What brings you here?"
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony

we are in the process of joining a pack, he lilted, tossing a glance behind him to see if byll had come out to play. but she hadn't, and so he descended on his rump to scratch behind his ear with one gangly hindleg. i like your name. it's interesting. why are you here? the boy spoke with the bluntness of a youngster, continuing to sneak looks over his shoulder for byll. the lack of her presence made him nervous, though he would not admit this to a soul.

BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Somnia paid more attention to Buffalo when he announced they were looking to join a pack. Her eyes assessed him, taking in his leanness. He wouldn't be a bad addition to Redhawk Caldera, but she wasn't too sure about Byll. She seemed to have some sort of socialization issue. "Thanks. I'm here to hunt. There's also a pack called Redhawk Caldera that I'm from not far from here. You should check it out sometime if Byll is feeling a bit daring."
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony

hunting, huh? d'you need help? i'm decent at it. without waiting for her answer, buffalo approached the other wolf with the tact of an unsocialized pup, gangly paws flailing upon the cold ground. at the other's mention of byll, however, buffalo drew up sharply, his eyes turning to mismatched chips of ice. she's sick, he offered in a tight tone, before the next moment brought the return of his previous friendly demeanour. what're we hunting?

BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Somnia watched Buffalo's interactions play out. First, he stepped forward in a friendly, yet clumsy, manner. Then, he quickly drew back at the mention of Byll, and said she was sick. Then, his friendliness came back. Apparently Byll was a touchy subject for him. If that were the case, Somnia just wouldn't bring it up. "We're hunting small game. Anything that presents itself and can be eaten, really." The help would be appreciated, even if it wasn't needed.
84 Posts
Ooc — ebony

okay! the boy exulted, falling into step with somnia briefly before cutting a swathe of his own around her, muzzle to the ground as he searched for a scent. presently, the thick, oily odor of muskrat appeared to buffalo, and he thrust his bloodied ears forward before chuffing to his huntmate. in the distance, a mound of sticks and mud daubing reared, the prey's lair, and he fidgeted eagerly, though he hoped she would lead him toward it.

BUFFALO IS RATED R
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
So sorry! I completely forgot about this thread! It was going through my thread log that made me realize I had this. D:

It wasn't long before Buffalo found something. With an approving tail wag, Somnia spotted the muskrat den too. Unknowingly fulfilling Buffalo's unspoken wishes, she led the way to it. "You have any ideas on how to flush it out or destroy it?" She questioned her hunting partner. He deserved to get input on the matter instead of her dictating the hunt.