raise me from perdition
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar had been, not avoiding this conversation per say, but at the very least putting it off until he had planned it out. He was not sure how Thistle was exactly going to take it, nor if she would agree with his logic. Running away wasn't an option, though dropping everything and leaving it all behind without a backward glance did hold with it a certain level of temptation Ragnar liked to think that he was a better man than that. He had a family that he loved, a wife that he loved, and a pack that he loved. A pack he loved enough to consider that, as small as they were, there was no sense in having two leaders. The idea of going from alpha to subordinate did not bode well within the Jarl, who realized that providing Thistle listened to him for once and did not put up a major fuss over it, that it was a title he would be giving up. He did not want to be a subordinate by any nature within him, but if there was one wolf he had to bow to he would rather it be Thistle than someone else. At least, he could give this a chance. He could contribute and focus as a member of the pack instead of a leader, and right now that was what Stavanger Bay needed more than anything: a healthy core of subordinates. They had Onyx in their adult ranks, alone, and Gyda, Gunnar, and his nephew whom he was not that well acquainted with Nazara. It was not enough. They were grasping at straws and barely scraping by.

He could not pretend that he did not see it, did not worry over it, and perhaps the break from leadership, not that it had to be everlasting by any stretch of the imagination was what he needed to help get the Bay back on the right track. It would give him a chance to speak with Peregrine again, providing the other male's offer still stood without worrying (though he would probably worry anyway), and would allow him to focus upon earning the Gamekeeper trade which he had had decided to pursue in the stead of counselor because it was what the Bay needed; and it wasn't as if he was leaving the pack never to be seen again. If Thistle needed him he would give her advice, or suggestions if she needed it. Knowing his Queen Wife, though, Ragnar had a suspicion that this would not nearly be as easy as he hoped. He had not spoken anything of this to her previous, keeping it well guarded until he was sure that it felt like the right thing to do. If it was right or not, he couldn't be sure of course but he wanted to at least speak with her about it.

With his mind made up, Ragnar drew in the crisp, cool winter air deeply, and let it out in an exhale that carried with it a summons for @Thistle Cloud hoping that she would come to him promptly. As a man of action, Ragnar did not like to dwell on things, and did not wish to linger any further in this purgatory. By the end of this conversation it would be done, he was determined, confident that his last act of leadership — for the time being anyway, until his ambition kicked into hyper drive again — would be to tell Peregrine that he accepted his offer of an alliance, and to pass the word on that his Queen would rule alone for now. If it went that way or not, Ragnar knew was anyone's guess but he had moments where he liked to dream.

I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
To say Thistle was downhearted would be an understatement she was straight up worried. There was just something in the air, not to mention their ranks were relatively thin. She had been overjoyed to see her daughter back, but it was bittersweet. Because she saw how little time she had for Charon and Levi, she hadn't meant to be, it was just hard with literally 3 adults in the ranks. Her husband too had been up to something. He had been quiet and deep in thought lately. SHe worried about him, she did not wish him to do anything rash or ridiculous. In a way she wished they could raid another pack and gain some adult members, maybe she could ask him about that...no there were not enough of them.

She also knew her husband needed to tell Peregrine yet of their alliance. Maybe he could offer some wolves to at least do some hunting for them. They were in dire need of more bodies to fill their ranks. She was slowly becoming more and more worried about their survival. She did not know how Ragnar would handle losing the bay, she didn't even want to think about it.

As Thistle walked in thought her husbands call rang out for her and she smiled softly. She was worried for him and they were busy, but she loved to see him too. Steal small precious moments of time with him, though it sounded as if something of importance was on his mind. Perhaps when it was all said and done she could steal some of his time.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar was not the type of man to fill his head with foolishness or lies by thinking that if he ignored the problem and kept barreling forward that everything would magically be solved. It was never the kind of mind set he had and he had no intentions of taking up such an idiotic (to him) outlook on life now. He was partially blind not fully blind and he would not allow himself to be blinded by such unwarranted hope. Stavanger Bay was struggling. I was the fast, cold hard truth of it; and Ragnar could not cause its downfall because he was too greedy to take the action that needed to be done and step down from leadership to add another able body to their non leadership ranks. Too greedy and too proud. While the Jarl was undeniably both of those things there was a very fine line between ambition and greed though they reigned within the same vein, Ragnar knew. He had prayed that Odinn taking his eye would have helped and yet so far it had done nothing. Thus far, Odinn had taken without giving something in return. There had only been one other time when Ragbar could claim he had felt anger at his God when Dagmar's litter - his children - had been born still born. He felt the familiar unrest within him now, that seethe of hot anger user thick, platnium silver fur but he worked to control it. Swallowing it felt like swallowing poison but he dared not invoke the wrath of the Allfather upon his precious Bay. A Bay, Ragnar felt inclined to remind Odinn, that was precious to the Allfather too; for it had been Odinn that had led the Viking there initially.

Stifling his own ambition for the good of the pack was no easy feat but it was necessary, he believe in order to breathe life back into the dying embers of their home. The large territory they claimed felt so empty now, barren. Devoid of life as if the ancient thickets of holy ash trees and pines has sucked those who had left into their dark abyss. Never before had it seemed so dark and perhaps menacing even to the Northman.

Thistle claimed his attention when she arrived on the scene in a timet fashion. He saw her soft smile, yet, did not return it. The stoic Jarl instead inhaled and let it out in an lengthy exhale, ears slicking back to rest at half mast atop his skull. In a few moments, Ragnar suspected, she would not be smiling either. The pack was not happy, and neither was he. As far as Ragnar could see he had no reason to be joyful. He was partially blind for absolutely nothing, his pack was a dying thing and he could do nothing to save it. Ragnar felt helpless and he hated the feeling. He saw little sense in beating around the bush, having always favored to make his points by striking hard and fast with them. For a moment the words stuck in his throat, refusing to spill forth from his lips but he forced them out, his accented voice harsh "I am stepping down from leadership." he choked on them slightly, even though it had been his decision to begin with. Facing this truth and choice, however, was not nearly as easy as he had hoped it to be.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle did not like to dwell on problems, but she did acknowledge them. Her husband was much more serious than she when problems presented themselves. It wasn't because they did not weigh heavy on her, or because she did not wish to see them. It was more she put her faith in the fact that they would work themselves out, with her and his help of course. She also held more hope in her breast than he did for so many things. It also was the fact that when a problem was serious she sometimes became despondent and depressed. Ragnar could attest to that she knew, her reaction to Nerian had been one such time. Thistle could feel the unrest in the set of her husbands shoulders at night the anger that probably boiled below his minds eye and in his heart. She imagined since he hadn't spoken of it, it was anger at the gods and that was something he did not like to air out in the world.

Thistle herself was beginning to wonder if it had been her fault that such darkness landed heavily on both the ridge and now the bay. Had she somehow incurred another gods wrath by having her children? While they resided amongst them would there be problems? Was it she that was cursed perhaps by her mother's dark deity Sos. Heaven's preserve them she really didn't know, but it was dark and troublesome of late.

Ragnar did not return her smile and it made her own falter a bit. Then it was quickly squashed at the words he breathed from quiet lips. She stared at him as her body seemed to give away and she sat down heavily. She wasn't sure what to say, so she just stared at him with blue gems full of curiosity and a little bit of anger, but she couldn't bring forth the embers to fully go into tirade, because she was simply so thrown off she didn't know what to say. Excuse me? She fought to bring the few words she could out of her craw and then she waited her body rigid and tightly wound.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar watched as her smile vanished entirely, proving his previous assumption correct. His singular eye caught the movement of her body in reaction to his words, watching as she more or less, rather inelegantly plopped down upon her hunches in a sitting position. In hindsight, the Jarl supposed his words were rather unexpected and surprising, regardless he intended to hold fast to them. She would not change his mind, he was determined, even if this led to a nasty fight as he have expected it to. It'll honesty that was what he expected out of the relationship these days: arguments. "I am stepping down as Jarl of Stavanger Bay," he repeated, wishing she hadn't made him repeat the words because they had not been any easier to push forth from his lips. Surely, she had heard him well the first time but it was shock, he assumed, the caused her to inquire excuse me to him. The idea made him uncomfortable; no longer being in control, no longer having a say as to what happened or didn't happen in his pack. He was born to rule, and he was made to rule his own creation but at the time he could think of nothing else to do to keep from dying. Ragnar was desperate.

"Something needs to be done, Thistle," Ragnar broke the lengthy silence that followed his redundancy. "We dying pack. With my dethroning I can focus on what the pack needs. Food caches, outrider trips, able bodies in the non-leadership ranks." Would he actually be able to do it? Could handle being below one of his subordinates? Likely not. He was too dominant to stand down to them even if they were to rank above him and it might rain holy chaos upon the pack but he had to try something.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle continued to stare at him, not even sure what she should say. She tilted her head as he repeated himself. Thats what I thought you said. She grew quiet again and shifted trying to gather her thoughts, but it was like water through her paws, she couldn't hold on to any thoughts or ideas. Rather than fight with her husband Thistle stood swiftly and strode forward to lick his muzzle and nuzzle his neck. She spoke softly into his neck from where she stood. Are you sure you are okay with that Ragnar? This is your baby and wouldn't it make more sense for me to step down, as I have not been leading as long?

She didn't move as he continued to speak but rather sat down and listened. I could do those things as could Gunnar you know? Even Gyda though I don't know if she would come back....Thistle frowned in thought. She did not plan to allow him to do this for long, but if it was what he wanted why stand in his way. She was trying to be more understanding and not fight as much. Oh there would always be arguments, but she was learning to pick her battles or trying too. She was tired of fighting with him, for she strongly thought it was tiresome it was at least on her end.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar was silent as Thistle murmured that she had thought he had said that he was stepping down from leadership, having, frankly, nothing to say. If asked to repeat a third time he could not, fearing that his words might tremble and that if forced to face the enormity of his decision he might bend under the pressure and change his mind. His ambition was screaming in his head in fury, and he felt the weight of Odinn's judgment upon his spine as if it were an enormous burden, curious to see how much weight he could bear until his spine snapped in half. In reality, it was all in Ragnar's head but it made him shift his weight, uncomfortable. “No,” Ragnar hissed out in honesty to her question. No, he was not sure of anything. “I cannot be sure that me stepping down will not be the final hole in Stavanger Bay that causes it to sink,” For surely he would be intolerant of anyone higher ranked than him throwing their weight around. Ragnar would have no problem putting them quickly and defiantly into their place, even if that meant usurping to seize control of his own throne once more. Stavanger Bay would only stop being his when he was dead. “I have to try something, wife.”

Blatantly, he ignored her comment of it making much more sense for her to step down because it did, but he wasn't going to ask her to do that. He wasn't going to ask and he wasn't going to let her. If it felt like too much of a burden for her to bear then he would step back up, or relieve her of it if that was what she wished. “If it becomes too much for you to bear I will take my title as Jarl back,” He told her without hesitation. “Do not be too stubborn to tell me or I will take it back by force.” He wasn't threatening her, but warning her. If he felt that she was struggling he would take what was rightfully his, only speaking it so she would not be unprepared if it came to that. “They are children still. We need adult bodies.” And until his children turned a year of age they were not adults in his eyes though they were at the age where they were more than capable of holding their own, certainly.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle stared at him the enormity of the situation crushing her tiny back. Surely her husband was more adept at this than she. Why was he so stubborn that he would not allow her to step down. Proving yet again that he did not listen to her. She had told him once before that she did not wish to lead. She had amended that to make him happy, had agreed to lead with him, but he would make all the tough decisions. And yet again he was taking her words and letting them mean nothing as he thrust the mantle all on her petite form. She wasn't sure what to say, and she knew she was being irrational. Especially given the fact that she knew this was so very hard for him, but she could no more stop the crushing thoughts than she could stop breathing. It was a part of her, she was mostly a bit of a pessimist.

Thistle studied him and spoke softly I will not let the bay sink Ragnar, it means to much to both of us and our children. She listened to him, foolish feeling that perhaps the last part was a bit of a plea for her to stop her arguing. To perhaps just agree and move on? But is that what he really wanted? or did he want her to fight with him? Make him change his mind? Make him realize he was being silly that they didn't need him to step down. She honestly didn't know what to do in this case.

She sighed and nodded her head Do you really think I wouldn't tell you if I needed help? Especially since it has never been my desire to be a sole leader. Do not fret I will most definitely tell you if that becomes the case? Is this for an undetermined amount of time? or are you planning on stepping back up after a few weeks? When do you want your place back? Or are you just going to wake up one day and say Thistle I'm jarl again? She was not being foolhardy or cruel, she was really trying to make sense of everything and get a feel for how long she would need to carry this mantle of leader alone.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css"> r3 {color:#8c5f2e; font-size: 10px;} .r3box {background-color: #100b08; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/w4ULLAJ.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border: 1px solid #261615;} .r3text {margin: auto; width: 380px; color:#53342c; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 740px; margin-top: 20px;}</style>

Ragnar could feel the weight of his wife's stare bearing into him, piercing into his soul. He did not believe in such things though it was Nerian's speak of them that had sparked the Northman's curiosity in the idea. If he had one, and if Thistle could currently see into it as it felt like she could then Ragnar could only wonder what it was she found there. Was it a ravaged thing, frightening and ugly in it's design or was it purer than he had once considered in the rare times that he thought of such a thing. There was a part of Ragnar that understood that he was being largely unfair to her, thrusting all the power and all the responsibility upon her dainty shoulders yet, he also knew that could handle it. His faith in that was strong, perhaps incorrigible, but unbending. Ragnar would never have given or trusted her with something that he was not entirely sure that she could handle. “You underestimate your power and your strength, my love,” Ragnar purled to his queen in a low voice, knowing even that if she could never see it: he did. Thistle had changed much since she had agreed to be his wife almost a year ago. She had become stronger and every bit the Shield-Maiden Ragnar had seen the potential in her for. “The Gods will always smile upon brave women,” Ragnar assured her. Ragnar looked away from her then, focusing his single eye upon the shadowed ash trees behind her as she spoke that she would not let the Bay sink, that it meant too much to both them and their children. Out of the original wolves that had helped them found it, they and their children were the only ones left.

Some had died, and the others had came and left. It was the cycle of life but it was not a cycle of life that Ragnar was willing to accept for the Bay. Packs founded and disbanded every day but he would hang onto the Bay until his body drew it's last breath. Odinn had promised him a long life and Ragnar was only just hitting his prime and did not expect to die any time soon.

“I do not know,” Ragnar admitted. So carefully and painfully had the Northman put thought into what he could do to help his dying pack, and when he'd came to this conclusion he had grasped onto it not daring to look further in case his trepidation on the matter grew too great and he did not go through with it. He had worked too hard to go back to being a subordinate, his ambition for power far, far too great (likely for Ragnar's own good) but something had to be done and Ragnar was sure that this was what needed to happen. “We will know when the time is right for me to resume my place as Jarl.” The Gods, he knew, would tell them.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Omg flails I have missed you more than you can possibly imagine lol even though you lurk.

Thistle unlike her husband did believe in souls. It was perhaps a bit odd given the fact that they were of the same religion, same culture. But it was true, she felt that it was the very essence in the world. If she had to guess at her husband's color, she would imagine it would be dark in some areas and light in others. Because even in his savage glory he had morals, morals that probably didn't make sense to others. But they made sense to him and that was all that mattered, and those morals made him a little bit purer than he thought. Thistle smiled softly I always have and I always will. Telling the truth of the matter she was her own worst enemy most of the time. I am glad they do. She grew quiet, and looked inward trying to find that strength he always spoke about. She could not see it, though she knew it was true. After all she had taken on enemies twice her size to save her children, her pack and her livelihood and she would do it again. She had taken his own blows to her otherwise gentle heart over and over again, only to come back around and still love him despite all his faults. So yes she supposed she had that inner strength, it just was not always visible.

Thistle's thoughts went to Julooke, and Verinne and all the others that were gone for some reason or another. She missed Julooke more than she cared to say. It was like a piece of a puzzle forever gone. She had loved her friend, loved her as if she were her own flesh and blood. And yet again it had been a bear to take her away.Thistle sighed softly at the thought of all who had left or died.

Thistle studied him and nodded Very well then. Thistle was unsure what else to do so she surged forward and lifting her self up she wrapped him in a wolfish hug if he would allow her. She hoped so, because she was tired of the distance that just seemed to grow and grow between them. I'm tired of distance Ragnar Loðbrók. And she licked his muzzle.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I promise someday soon I'll get back into the groove of posting after work. xD MATURE There are some mature concepts happening in this post, please read at your own discretion. :-)

A soft smirk twitched at the edges of the Northman's lips when Thistle told him that she always had and always would underestimate her true power. This did not come as a surprise to him and truthfully, Ragnar had expected no different from her. He could not make her see what he saw when he looked at her, any more than she could make him see what she saw when she looked at him. Ragnar was not nearly so hard on himself as his queen was on herself though he was in certain ways. He pushed himself until he was near his breaking point and in a way, he reflected, perhaps that was his way of criticizing himself. He was by no means a self conscious creature but he had his own ways of self punishment (because Tokio can't think of any other words to use to describe it :x). He was silent when Thistle murmured that she was glad that the Gods always smiled on brave women, though did not voice that the Gods favoring her over him spurred something ugly within him. Lately, it felt that all Odinn did was punish him though what for Ragnar did not know. He gave his eye only for the pack to become rapidly on it's last weak ember of life. What kind of reward was that? Of course Ragnar had never felt so close to Odinn as he did currently, now that they shared a kinship and that simply stoked the Viking's irritation more.

Perhaps it was his own unrest that caused him to feel that Odinn was punishing him, and even if the All-Father wasn't, Ragnar was too damn stubborn to take the hint. Too proud to let go. Perhaps that was what Odinn wanted: the destruction of Stavanger Bay but Ragnar would not — could not let it happen. The death of Pump, and the intrusion of Wheeling Gull Isle had pushed him to found the safe haven for what had previously been the Horizon wolves. He had founded the Bay to be a salvation for him and his and not even the Gods themselves could take it away from him. Or them. Ragnar watched her, studiously, as she rose and drew nearer, tense shoulders relaxing into her embrace. Her touch was familiar to the Northman, her scent flooding all of his senses, the tang of the approaching season tickling his nose like a sneeze that would not break forth. Bluntly, the Northman's tongue drew across her jawline with a suppressed hunger, a fire that had been smoldering for much too long, that he had not allowed to breathe as it needed too.

This time, Ragnar swore, it would be his seed that caused her sides to swell with children. Only his children until the rest of his life. Or hers, whichever came first. He wanted her to entirely disregard what he had said: that if the Bay was not stable enough that they would not have children. After all, she had the sole power to override it now. “You will be going into heat soon,” Though it was very likely she did not need him to tell her that.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
take your time its an adjustment :D

Thistle was a critical being of herself at least. She held herself ot a higher standard, perhaps it was because she was young, not yet 3 and already she had children and she led a pack beside her mate. Though soon it would be her sole responsibility. Perhaps she just wanted to be taken seriously and was critical in order to do so. She didn't really know, didn't understand, just knew that was how she was.

Thistle saw the smirk that crossed his face and shook her head in mirth. A smirk was so normal for him it was like breathing, and she reveled in it as well. She was surprised, but never the less pleased that he accepted her touch. As of late he didn't want to be touched, preferring to deal with the business of the pack and then later indulge himself she supposed was the correct term. It was a shame really, for she missed that, craved it, it was like an ache. Strange wasn't it that one was so dependent on another for happiness, and joy and physical intimacy. but that too was something she did not puzzle on long enjoyed the rough touch of his tongue across her cheek and muzzle. Blue eyes dancing with suppressed fire of different kinds, a slow smolder lighting across her inner most places. She chuckled at his next words.

She gave him a secretive smile Yes I know, just as our other children are considered adults. I am looking forward to it, truth be told. A time to throw away most inhibitions, and I'm fairly certain i'll get you all to myself for the length of time yes?. She was teasing, she knew he would not stray far from her side during that time, make sure it was his children that swelled within her. Making sure it was only him that had her to himself. She licked his muzzle again and settling back to her forepaws, she rubbed her muzzle across his neck and further down towards his shoulder and back again.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar had became used to always putting the pack first. In Odinn's Cove and now here in Stavanger Bay. Despite that he no longer called himself the Jarl of his Bay, he still viewed it as his and still thought of himself as it's Patriarch. Without him it would have never been created...without him there was no telling that this descendant of Horizon Ridge would even be here. Without him, the fate of the wolves he had taken far from the bear and the once threat of Wheeling Gull Isle would have been largely unknown to him. He could not take all of the credit for it, of course, but no one could deny that he had been the force in which had set everything in motion, the force that the creation of Stavanger Bay and their potential lively-hoods had revolved around. Ragnar had not been joking when he had said he would sacrifice anything to protect the Bay, to keep it alive. This decision only added merit to those words.

“It is me that will be stealing you away from everyone and everything else during that time,” He would not risk a repeat — of her having someone else's children. Admittedly, Ragnar had been a little late to the party the first time around, and had taken her as his mate purely for convenience; and because he had not been sure if the children she'd been carrying were his or not. Not that Ragnar thought Thistle would allow anyone but himself near her this time. Circumstances were vastly different this year. “As much as I can anyway,” For he had dumped the entirely of leadership upon her, if only because the Northman believed he was doing what was right for his pack at the moment.

A deep breath was taken as Ragnar felt the touch of her muzzle trailing down his neck, to his shoulder and back to where she had started from. A low, carnal rumble vibrated in his chest, as he swung his head in her direction, forgetting in the heat of the moment that the side she was on he was blind on. He might not have been able to see her but he felt her of course. “I have missed your body.” The Viking teased her, though his words were genuine enough, echoing something he had said to her once a long time ago.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
As this was Thistle’s first stint in an actual pack, well here and the ridge, she was still learning much of it. She understood that it was put first at all times. She however couldn’t help some of the selfish desires that threatened to overtake her at the best and worst of times. Though Ragnar was stepping down, it was still his pack. Thistle could not imagine another wolf leading besides her husband and herself. It was strange to even think of herself as a leader for she wasn’t one, at least she hadn’t thought she was. Though she was quickly proving herself wrong. Thistle felt bad that the love of her life was giving so much up. However, there was also a fierce pride within her breast for him. For she knew this was no light decision and that it was probably just about killing him to put aside his own wants and desires to allow their pack to grow.

A small smile curved around her mouth at his words and her eyes twinkled at him. I will enjoy that theft. She did not plan on being out and about much during that time. She imagined she would stay hidden except from him for the majority of the time. She would make sure there were others watching their borders and filling the caches and all other things for that week. If only because she one did not want another male near her at all. Secondly she was not herself during that time, she was wild and reckless and irresponsible, and her first had proven that in spades. I do not plan on being around the majority during that time. I will probably stick close to the meadow and surrounding area.

Thistle chuckled softly and huskily at his breath. She liked the fact that she could still make his breath catch. It was a nice, powerful feeling, and if she were not careful it could go to her head. She returned the sound though softer and more gently than he. I have missed yours too. She leaned forward and nipped gently at his shoulder. Sliding her muzzle down his side gently nipping softly in different places, while watching his face. She wondered how long he would let her tease until he had enough and demanded her body for his taking.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

The Bay would always belong to him, even after Odinn saw fit to steal him away to Valhalla if he ever made it to Valhalla — it was his legacy as Odinn's Cove belonged to Verndari, a whispered demi-god. Son of Odinn and a mortal female. The founder and first Kóngur of Odinn's Cove's real name was never known, never spoken of. Simply, his wolves knew him as Verndari — the protector. The fact that Odinn's Cove had been around long enough to have these legends was, in and of itself, an accomplishment, and it was what Ragnar aspired for Stavanger Bay. He did not necessarily fancy himself as the Bay's Verndari but to pretend otherwise wasn't giving himself enough credit. He would not be forgotten. As his blood line spread and expanded he would be known as the Lodbrok patriarch. His people had never had a need for sire names. Blood was not important, titles were not inherited: they were earned; but these Wilds were a different place and in order to achieve his goals Ragnar had to fit in, even in small ways.

“Do not doubt it,” Ragnar would make sure she did not regret the days of her heat cycle. Perhaps, if Ragnar had not exhibited a surge of selflessness by stepping down he might have put his paw down about children but he had been selfless enough. Gave enough. Now, he was going to take what he wanted. Ragnar was a patient man — when it came to certain things and others, he was not. Patience was a flighty virtue within the Viking and not one that he readily aspired to tame. He showed it now as his wife continued to tease at him, curious to see how long he, himself, could hold out in this little game.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]Do you want to fade this since we have the other thread?[/size]

Thistle did not disagree that Stavanger Bay belonged to her husband. Just as she knew he’d get into Valhalla despite his own doubts. He was a brave warrior, had been before as well. Just because there was less fighting in this area of the world, meant nothing. As far as she was concerned he had already proven himself. And continued to do so as he followed Odin a bit blindly (no pun intended). Thistle knew that some things had to give in order for them to survive here. Some things had to be different here. Blood was different, family was different.

Thistle’s nostrils flared at the amount of her husband’s restraint. As she continued to slide alongside him and nip and lick and nuzzle. She stopped though finally, and slid beside him. She leaned against him and buried her nose into his neck. Breathing him in she waited to see what he wanted. A small smile on her face, happy to have him here with her now.