Emberwood I Climbed Up Every Hill
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It was a new land, and with a new land meant a new start. He'd been going on for awhile, allowing his paws to carry him away from those who stole him from his birthplace. The idea of looking back was not something he ever considered, and upon learning of the new land across the seas, he didn't want to return home, either. His mind and body both craved a new start, but where the start would take him he couldn't yet see. Planning ahead was something he'd often done, but being thrown into an unfamiliar place makes one want to simply live live in the moment and improvise. The silver beast knew of the threats that hung over him like a knife, and yet, he didn't care. Alastor's mind didn't want him to focus on the possible scenarios that could arise upon meeting another wolf. No, he just wanted to find a good place to settle down for the time being.

That thought, that need, is what had brought the argent man to Emberwood—though he didn't know the places name. It was a rather relaxing sight to him, and the perfect place to take a break. So, after finding a suitable piece of land that looked as comfortable as the Winter ground could, he trotted over to it. Turning about twice, he lowered himself to lay down, taking in the air and the scenery before him. "θαυμάσιος..." Alastor murmured, a bit of the tongue his mother had taught him slipping out.
Come on love me like a Kamekazee
We'll go down in flames together

Thread titles are from Simon Curtis' "Super Psycho Love"
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He shouldn't be so far from home. Not with his new mate reclaiming her throne (for the third time) as alpha, not with the fact that they may have pups soon. And yet, here he was, in the northern most regions of Teekon Wilds.

The dark male sighed as he gazed across Emberwood, his eyes, those chips of ice that his Frost Queen had melted, flitting across the golden trees, looking to see if there was anything worth interacting with here. If there wasn't, then it was back to Ouroboros for him.

He was prepared to leave and head back to his new wife, but paused when he saw something moving through the white trunks. A wolf. He walked towards it, curious, his intrigueness increasing when he muttered a word. Did he speak common tongue at all? "Hey." He called out to the potentially foreign wolf.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The sounds of steps, followed by another voice, brought Alastor's head around to glance at the approaching figure. Definitely another wolf, and he didn't appear to be aggressive. The greeting given only furthered the silver yearling's first thought. Seeing no reason to stand from his place, his head moved in a nodding motion to greet him. "Χαιρετισμούς," he voiced, not realizing his mistake at first. Releasing a breath, he stood up and shook his head. He was sure the other could not understand the language his mother had taught him, and so he switched to using the one he'd learned from his father.

"Hello," he stated simply, offering a polite smile to go with his words. "I do hope I've not crossed onto land belonging to you." Alastor knew the signs of a claimed land, and hadn't seen any of them before entering the woods, but didn't want to take any chances. He knew next to nothing of the land they were on, or of the area surrounding it, so the last thing he needed was to make an enemy so quickly.

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The assassin raised theoretical eyebrows as the wolf again spoke this foreign language to him. Did he only speak one language, or was the wolf bilingual? He was desperately hoping for the latter. He was in no mood for charades.

Luckily for him, the wolf did indeed speak common tongue, and he voiced his concerns about trespassing on one's territory. "I don't think anyone has claimed this land, and it surely isn't mine." He hadn't smelled any strong wolf scent that denoted a border, or that a group lived on this land. He didn't see why no one claimed it yet, it looked pretty full of prey and it was empty.

"What was that language you were speaking?" He asked curiously. It wasn't like anything he had heard before, and Kaname was curious as to what it actually was. And if he had heard the name of the language and just never heard the words spoken fluently.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Having been reassured that the land did not belong to the wolf before him, or any wolf for that matter, Alastor found himself a bit more comfortable with speaking to the other. He hadn't been on edge before, but there had been a nagging voice in the back of his head, telling him to make sure he was prepared to run if need be. The voice would have definitely been ignored, but with it now gone, he didn't need to focus on it. Hearing an inquiry as to what language he'd been speaking, the argent boy was momentarily confused. Where he'd been born, nearly everyone knew the language. Reminding himself he was far from home, the confusion was quickly pushed away.

"It was Greek," Alastor stated simply, not having anything else to say on it. "Have you not heard it before?" Those he'd met directly after his escape never seemed to know of the language, and most hadn't even heard of it. Granted, majority of the creatures he'd come across at the time had been coyotes and stray dogs, but it still baffled him as to how little had heard of the language.