Child of the west wind
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Once again Vienna had left the confines of her den, a quick jaunt around the mountain set in her mind. It was not the most forgiving terrain, so she would weary of the cold and climbs quickly, but she knew she needed to get her stamina back. Once she could hunt for herself she would hopefully begin to put weight on once more, for she refused to eat more than her fair share when she was not contributing. A hunt sounded so lovely, and a part of her was tempted to attempt it. But she felt if she did too soon more harm than good would be done in the expenditure, so she refrained with regret. She missed the fun of it.

Instead she made herself useful in other ways, descending from the harsher heights to more forgiving terrain. Most of the greenery was long gone, but she still inspected, hoping to spot something familiar. Much of the time Ame and Mallaidh had been healing her she had been somewhat out of it, but those times she was not she had paid attention. It was no secret they were in need of a healer once more with her former caretaker's disappearance, so despite her lack of interest, Vienna was considering giving it a shot. Lowering her muzzle, the girl poked her nose in the roots of one of the spire's pines, but finding nothing, she continued on. All the while she tried to think back on the lessons her mother had imparted so long ago.
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
can we forward date to after the fight. I think Vienna might get a kick out of Jace's wounds. I will be vague about Sumayl since that thread is ongoing.

Jace was healing slowly from the fight at the borders. At least his niblets didn't hurt anymore, that had been torture. He supposed they were still tender if he brushed them while sitting down or when laying and he moved. But the scrapes were almost gone. He was glad she hadn't taken any of them with her, that would have been a tragedy of the most heinous kind.

Today he was walking when he caught sight of his sister. He was keeping a stronger vigil of the territory borders. He chuffed and walked towards her, he did not wish to trot, that occasionally stung, and the wind nipping at the shoulder hurt too. She had taken a sizable chunk out of his hide. hey SongBird!
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
sure thing, Vienna's on a pretty flexible timeline

Upon seeing Jace and hearing his greeting, Vienna beamed at him, leaving her search and heading for him. "Jace! I've been meaning to find you. I wanted to let you know, I moved back to my old den." Approaching, she gave him a quick nuzzle to the cheek. It was then that she took in the wound on his shoulder, as well as some more minor ones.

"What happened?" She asked, voice suddenly laced with concern as she inspected it. Seemed someone had treated it (Ame she guessed) but it still looked rather rough. "Who did this?" A bolt of fear flashed through her at the thought. Had he gone after the cat?
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace smiled at her greeting and licked the side of her face and nuzzled her neck. hey that's pretty awesome. Sumayl staying with you? Might as well not even beat around the bush, though he found that he wasn't as upset about it as he had been. Sure he disliked the male and he wanted to occasionally rip his tongue out his mouth. But he also wanted his sister to be happy and any fool could see the male made her happy. I'm just curious.

He shifted so she could get a closer look at his shoulder blades. A loner with a serious death wish came onto pack lands. She just wouldn't give up...as you can tell she was trying to sever my spine among other things. He almost choked on the last words, but he attempted to sit down, though he did it gingerly.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Making an assumption, Tokio can hit me if it's wrong (or I can edit the post :P )

"I know, it's good to be back." She didn't know how Jace knew, but she wasn't surprised. His knowledge rarely did anymore. Sumayl hadn't spoken of meeting with Jace, but she wondered if they had, and if so, how it had gone. "He is." Having her own personal heater on cold nights was one of the many perks to being in a relationship. Lacking the insulation to keep herself warm, another heat source in the den had been more than welcome.

Enough on that matter, it was a conversation they could have later. She was glad he didn't seem upset at her choice... she would have hated that, but it wouldn't have changed anything. She shook her head as he spoke of the loner. "What would have possessed her to come here? We aren't exactly the ideal spot when it comes to encroaching." The mountain wasn't nearly as desireable as some of the surrounding lands. "I'm glad she didn't succeed. Unsurprising. I bet you left her with something to think on." She smiled, then inspected some of the other wounds. "Where all did she get you? Did Ame get them all tended?" She didn't doubt the Alpha but wanted to be sure all the same. Might as well do something useful.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace offered her another smile and shifted his weight gently. He did not wish to injure the manhood all over again. Jace wasn't ready to speak with anyone about his meeting with Sumayl, still siphoning through it. I am glad you are happy. And he left it at that. He was not okay with the situation and he was a little irritated. However, at the same time he was glad for his sister. Hoped it was a happy ending for her.

Jace shook his head We are self sufficient, but most would not know that until they moved further upwards. His right ear twitched in slight irritation at the thought of the loner. She was just stupid. Honestly I think she had a death wish. She came onto our land ready for a fight, not just trespassing, but ready to fight. It was disconcerting and he honestly didn't know how to really take it. He was still a little blown away by it all.

I did give her some new scars including flaying her nose to the bone. He coughed at her next question and looked down a little uncomfortable and he was pretty sure his sister was going to laugh. So he steeled himself for it. She got my shoulder blades, chipped my teeth and ah...she tried to rip off my manhood, and she managed to brush burn them. He coughed again and shrugged his shoulders.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
oh the lovely awkwardness XD
She was glad he let her have this, keeping any thoughts he may have to himself. She had not expected less, though. Jace had always been great when it came to her, and she knew he would never do anything so petty to upset her.

"Apparently. Some are like that." Her mind took her back to a certain encounter on a bridge. "Im glad you chased her off. I imagine she could have done some damage. Hopefully she won't be coming back."

She gave it a valiant attempt... She really did. But a snort soon turned into full on giggles, which she controlled with difficulty. "I'm sorry, do you need anything for it?" Somehow she doubted he'd let Ame go there, but as his sister it was nothing she hadn't seen before. "I'd hate to lose out on any nieces or nephews," she added with a glint in her eye, once again fighting back laughter.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace would never hurt his sister willingly, even if it meant biting his tongue in half sometimes. He had hurt her once and that was enough for a lifetime he felt. He could still see the scar if he looked, he didn't even want to think about the day she told Sumayl that story. By all that was holy he was pretty sure the cocky man would come after him for it.

Jace nodded I don't know what her deal was, but it was weird. He shifted again and studied her. She looked better than she had been. You look well Vienna.

Jace stared at her for a moment and cracked a grin. The grin turned to horror though at her next suggestion. He coughed Ah no I'm good thanks. I took care of it. She just grazed it with a tooth or two. She was trying to rip em off though crazy female that she was.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
His look of horror undermined her efforts and another laugh escaped. "Alright, fair enough." Her brother was rather proper so she'd expected the response yet she couldn't resist. Call it sisterly duty.

"Thanks, I'm feeling a lot better." It would be a while before she was 100% and she still looked a little knarly, but compared to a couple weeks ago she felt brand new. "I've... Decided to look into taking up healing," she continued. "I have a lot to learn but I think it's the best thing I could do. For everyone."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace shook his head at her. Go ahead laugh it up songbird. he shook his head at her mock unhappiness. However, a grin cracked his veneer he couldn't keep it from showing itself. His sister she just made him smile, he couldn't help it.

Jace listened to her and switched his tail once. Are you sure that's what you want Vienna? I mean you prefer naturalist, the stars and stuff don't you?
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Vienna nodded. "I do, and I still intend on pursuing it. The two go well together, as knowledge of plants will definitely help. But I'm sure." It was chronicler that she would no longer have time to pursue, wandering for the sake of stories would become wanderings for healing knowledge instead. This saddened her a bit, but not enough to change her mind. They could still exchange such things. She had been lucky, though, that Mallaidh's short presence had fallen when it did. What if those next injured we're not so fortunate?

"I've thought about it a lot and it's what I want. I know I didn't before, but... I guess things have changed." In minor ways her attack had shifted her views of things. Not enough to change her to the core, but enough to make her grow a tidge. Before she had been naive, sheltered by parents and her own blind luck. Now she knew what lay out there, and while fear would not stop her from exploring as she once did, wariness would ensure that when she next left, she would be prepared.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened to his sister, and he disliked the fact that she had to give up one of the trades she wanted, in favor of one that was needed. You know I think Ame is going for healer to? Maybe the two of you could I don't know get together and compare notes or something. he shrugged he wasn't really sure what else to say. He felt bad, but he was also extremely proud of his sister.

Jace nodded his head THings often do have a way of changing. Well I'll help you where I can. Though I'm not much of a plant guy. I can save my life if the occasion calls for it, but thats pretty much it.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Vienna nodded. She'd already planned on seeing the Alpha sometime in the near future to see if she would give some pointers. "Already on the to-do list. I am probably going to see what I can learn myself too, though. I don't want to take too much of her time, I know she's busy what with leadership and everything."

"I'll take whatever you can give me," she said affectionately. "I know you have other interests." He was always the warrior, more into protection and fighting techniques than plants and nature. She did bet he'd picked up some things though that would be useful. He was a quick one and field medicine was just as important as other kinds, if not moreso.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace nodded his head I wish i knew some wolves to help you, but I have no idea. I don't get out much. I'll inquire around though maybe. Maybe Sumayl knows someone that can help, he traveled a lot didn't he. Jace wasn't sure, but he was trying to be accepting of the male. He was trying not to hate him.

Jace frowned Well Yarrow you know. Aloe plants are good too to ease pain and burning. It's soothing to the wounds. Uh raspberries do something too i think they help with cramping. And that's the extent of my knowledge at the moment. He shrugged and grinned a little sheepishly.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"I'll have to ask him." And she committed it to mind to do so, though would forget for many days after. "Though his travelings are less for the socializing, far as I know." He seemed to focus more on the prey and terrain in a tactical manner than on the experiences, places, and people as she did. His was a gamekeeper's eye, not an outrider's, though she didn't doubt he could attain both trades if he wished.

"Most of those, yeah, though the raspberries I didn't." She made mental note. "I'll have to keep an eye out for them when I next go out, I don't think I've found a good supply spot for those just yet." The most fun part of the job, she knew, would be stocking supplies. It would give her an excuse to dive into her exploration of the surrounding lands once more with a gusto, looking for locations where useful plants dwelled.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Since they talked about plants you could probably use this for a healer thread :D

Jace nodded, letting the matter of Sumayl drop. He didn't really want to talk to much about the male, as he was still a little unsure how he felt about him. So therefore he didn't wish to upset his sister, by doing so. Even if you don't want to socialize, a social wolf ends up finding you, at least that has been my experience. he was a quiet wolf by nature a gamekeeper too, and he met wolves that would speak with him. Not that he was completely anti social, he had Leaf and he would meet more as time moved on.

Jace chuckled Their tasty too raspberries are. Though some are a little sour and bitter if their not ready, I like the black ones best. So much better than the red ones. He offered her a smile and shifted his weight, happy to continue with his sister, he loved her. Oh Marigold, and Poppy seeds! I forgot about them. I forget exactly what Marigold does, but it does numerous things and poppy seeds can help you with pain, though their addictive so be careful.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Exciting! :D I need to take stock on what she has so far with trades, it's been a while and I feel like she -might- have naturalist by now XD

He was probably right. After all, she'd bothered way more than her fair share of non-social beings. They always accomodated, but she could definitely tell that some had preferred the silence to conversation usually. That still did not put her off nor stop her from hoping to run into them again, as unlikely as that was. She wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual but she did always hope it was!

"Oh, poppy, that's right. Wasn't there something mom said to use in less extreme cases?" She lightly bit her bottom lip thoughtfully, wracking her brain but coming up empty. "Ah, I'm betting that's something someone would know if I asked. I agree with you too," she finished happily, "blackberries are definitely better." Sweeter and without the sour tang, though sometimes the harsher raspberries did hit the spot.

"I'll try to track both Ame and Sumayl down." Sumayl would be much easier than Amekaze though both were readily available. She would find little difficulty in that. Although she was an outrider and had regularly traveled, she still felt the need to ask the Alpha's blessing to seek healing assistance from other packs. It was a courtesy thing as well as letting her know what was up.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace sometimes had to take a step back and look at him and his sister. They were as different as night and day, both in coat color and personality. It was so interesting to him, he sometimes envied that of his sister, her exuberance. He always felt guilty afterwards though, and he would never ever voice it. Because it was her exuberance that he loved, and that drew all those around her to her.

Jace frowned Feverfew? Camfry? I can't remember i'm sorry. He felt pretty dumb at the moment that he couldn't remember something. In his defense he hadn't really paid attention, his attention lying more in the physical aspect of the world. But one would think as a lover of knowledge he would have tucked that away for a later time. He nodded Mmm blackberries.

Good I think even Ame is trying for the healing trade. But i'm not sure, she put yarrow on my wounds before.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"That's alright, I'm sure it will come to me." She just needed to really think on it for a time. So she filed the question away for now. If and when she found mentor she could always ask them, for if they were knowledgeable at all they would likely know an alternative.

"Is she? I wasn't sure. I knew she knew some things but officially she seems pretty busy so I didn't want to assume." She wondered if a pack could have too many healers, but dismissed it. It wasn't likely. Besides, she would just gain some knowledge, and if she hated it stop pursuing it. She wanted to do what the pack needed but not at the expense of her own happiness. Not to that level at least. "I will definitely find her and have a chat then, maybe we can help each other out." Especially since she didn't see the alpha having time to seek help outside. That would be a job for Vienna as outrider.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace smiled I hope so. I think it's awesome that your doing this Vienna. And if it doesn't work out or you don't like it. No one will hold that against you okay? He knew his sister's love had laid with naturalist or Chronicler rather than Healer. And he didn't want her to do something she didn't love, just because it was needed.

Jace nodded his head Ame is a good wolf. She'll help you where she can. He was good friends with Ame, he believed in her fully. She a good leader ,a good friend and he imagined in time she would be a good healer. Just as his sister would.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
last from me ^^ since we have our other one!

She hadn't thought they would, but hearing confirmation erased any doubts that may have lingered. "Thanks! I hope I take to it, but I guess we will find out!" She was excited to discover at least. The learning would be fun and the search for a mentor would allow her an official reason to really strengthen their relationship with some of their neighbors.

His mention of Ame made her once more curious as to what she and Jace's relationship was, and she thought about poking some fun at him, but thought better of it. That could definitely be seen as somewhat disrespectful, brother or no. Amekaze might not appreciate it and she didn't want to be pushy. "I think I'll go seek her out now. Thanks." He had a wonderful habit of always being available when she wanted to talk. "I'll let you know what she says!" Not that he wouldn't hear it from her anyway.