[j] Prayers Answered
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph
Hello!

The sun greeted her with the sort of familiarity only one’s God could have. She had prayed these last few weeks for its presence, and this morning its rays had washed over her body in the accustomed greeting of an old friend. The cold winter muted its authority, but Wip was grateful nonetheless to feel that giant’s caress, and it animated her enough shake the sleep from her pelt and continue on the walk that sleep had paused. She had been traveling for months now, not knowing what exactly she was searching for, and armed with the faith that she would know it when she got there. She allowed herself an easy pace so as to enjoy what she could only assume would be a brief appearance of the warm sun, and lollygagged happily on the trails it marked out for her. It had been several months of isolated travel, and so, without another creature to speak to, the nature that surrounded her had been her only companion, and this morning, she happily greeted them with the patient walk that her journey had worn into her.

Wip had been travelling along the coastline, happily sniffing at the salty air and water, enjoying the sounds of the ocean. It differed greatly from the freshwaters of her old home of course, but the sound of the waves comforted her, and the giant mass of blue had been a welcome change of scenery. Yet, there was that foreboding bit of knowledge that had slowly been creeping into her mind for the past few weeks, and it was becoming more difficult to ignore. All of her senses told her that soon she would be reaching lands more heavily inhabited by her own kind, and the slight female felt nervous about this. No longer would the warbling sparrows and fluffy hares be her only companions. Wolves were a different matter altogether, yet, despite this, she continued on. For a long time she had considered herself a solitary wolf, yet if she were to be honest with herself, the loneliness had become boring, and although the uncertainty of the unknown frightened her, she met it with a courage born from months of travel.

By midday she had found a hidden basking rock to sprawl her tawny body out on, and try as she may to relax, her nose quivered with each passing wind that told of the inhabitants of this beautiful landscape. She dare not venture further into the territory, for she had received an education on such matters in her youth, but instead, leaving her resting place, began to cautiously make her way along the borders.

I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The winter had been dark and dreary as of late. Though Thistle was not sure if it were the actual weather or if the issues that hung over their home was part of it. Perhaps it was just metaphorical to her the darkness, she wasn't sure. The world looked bleak, because they were having bleak moments.

The sea was something that Thistle took hope in. Though she loved the forest and the meadows, the sea was neverending, never changing. It gave her hope that the pack would persevere, it would one day become never changing. They simply needed more bodies, more help. They had an influx of new wolves that last few days and this filled her with even more hope.

Today she was traversing the borders. Intent to make herself known to any trespassers, reinforce their borders. Let all who came near know that they maybe small, but they were still there. Still surviving and still persevering and would continue to do so for as long as they could. It was just happen chance that she came across another tawny youth and she chuffed gently to let them know she was near and then she waited.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

Wip had followed what felt like a clearly marked border for nearing on an hour before she got the sense that someone else was nearby. By this point she had made it to a small clearing consisting of large boulders jutting out towards the sea below. The sun had long since made its retreat back into the clouds, and the landscape before her was dulled again. She felt the other wolf long before she could see her, and as if on instinct, her whole body went rigid with anticipation. It had been a long time since Wip had been in the presence of another like herself, and her stomach lurched slightly in the anticipation. She allowed her chin to point outward quivering her nose to pick up as many clues as possible from the air. She felt slightly relieved to read female in those clues; yet, she knew it would be foolish to take the incoming encounter lightly.

When Wip did see her, she allowed herself to admire those bright blue eyes for but a fraction of a second before she adjusted her posture. She crouched her frame slightly and lowered her head in respect as she snaked her tail with its black tuft on the end between her legs. She noted the greeting by the other and nodded her head as she licked her lips into a smile. She had no idea how the customs in this part of the world compared to her own home, and so hoped that her own training would suffice.

She kept her posture still for several seconds, and when it became clear that the other expected her to introduce herself first, she forced herself to make a sign of greeting in her meek voice. Good afternoon, Miss. She kept her green eyes glued to the floor and waited.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle knew this place well gunnar often traipsed here. And she imagined if her former friend Gavriil was here he would like it too. She briefly remembered the rock he had laid on, on many a day and many occasions and for a moment she missed him. But just as he had left quickly without a word, his memory dissipated as she got near the other she wolf.

The other girl showed the proper submission and for a moment Thistle wondered if the girl was frightened. She remembered when she had come searching for a home, it had been frighting and she had been scared. The first time she had felt at home had been with Pied, then Ragnar. The rest was all just a memory.

Thistle smiled and sat to her haunches hoping to allow the girl to have some ease to her posture. hello there. I'm Thistle Cloud Alphess of the Bay, what brings you here? How can I help you?
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

The other female seemed to display an agreeable nature, and upon noticing this, Wip felt a wave of relief wash over her. She had not been sure what she would be met with upon her first encounter with a wolf in this new and strange land, but this first impression filled her with courage, and Wip allowed her emerald eyes to run up from the floor to study the female a bit more closely. She carried herself with the confidence of what Wip assumed was attributed to leadership, but she was quietly poised, and the tawny female sensed a kindness to her.

Once the other sat on her haunches, Wip allowed her frame to raise slightly, and met her with a warm smile and nodded at her words. Nice to meet you Thistle Cloud, my name is Wip Kailen, my old home is a long ways from here. There was no sadness in her tone, she had left her home to find a new one, and here she was on what seemed to be the cusp of that. Her ears quivered at the inquiry made by Thistle Cloud, and Wip pondered how to answer. I’ve been travelling for a long time now, searching for a place to settle. I thought that I might want to stay alone for a while longer, but I have to admit I’ve missed sharing my home with others. Wip was quiet for a beat, startled by her willingness to speak and then thought about what to say next.

I was wondering what the name of this place is? I have never smelled a water like that one before, but I’ve been listening to it for hours. She then added rather awkwardly, Do you think there’d be a place for me to settle here…ma’am? How else would one implore upon the kindness of a complete stranger?

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle tried to be agreeable for the most part with others. She didn't always manage as her husband often found out. However, it was usually only him that suffered her anger and temper tantrums. Thistle offered the other female a smile as she looked up at her.

Thistle listened her ears cupped forward to catch the girls quiet tone. My birthplace is far from here too. It's strange making your home elsewhere isn't it? And it does get lonely. Thistle grew quiet and merely shifted her weight a small smile of contentment on her face.

This is Stavanger Bay and that body of water is called the Ocean. It is salty, and dangerous. You can't drink it, it will make you ill. However, as much as it is dangerous it is also beautiful. Well, what types of skills do you have to offer? My pack is always looking for able bodied wolves.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

Wip wondered at what sort of wolves chose to make their home next to something so dangerous. But she only needed to listen to the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks, and sniff at the mixture of salt and sea grass in the air to understand the allure of making the Ocean your neighbor. It reminded her of the giant Lakes she had grown up next to, the brilliant pools of blue that also commanded respect and awe. She could not help but grow excited at all the things she could learn from the Ocean, and grew determined at discovering some of its secrets immediately.

She listened attentively to Thistle, and could not help her tail from twitching in excitement at the possibility that there may be a spot in this family for her. Wip, always the one to think about her words before she dare utter them, considered the question for several seconds. Such matters after all, were of extreme importance. Stavanger Bay… she repeated its name as if in a greeting to this land. Well ma’am, where I come from we don’t have much to eat, and so I learned early on how to make a little go a long way. And it was true, there was an art to getting absolutely everything out of a meal, and the Kailen’s had been fastidious in their organization of resources. I’ve traveled for so long, and have kept track of all of the things I see. The birds, the rabbits, and what their comings and goings mean. My family taught me to pay attention to the world around me, as even the slightest change can make the difference between having a next meal or not. Wip stopped there, and went over the things she had said, obsessing only slightly. It was always a bit of an anxious situation, saying the right things to one’s potential boss.

And beggin’ your pardon ma’am, but you don’t have any puppies do you? Wip had always been in charge of the little ones, and while it was an activity some wolves her age were loath to be saddled with, she found her nerves to be much quieter around the exuberance of pups. I ask because I’ve usually been the one to watch the pups before.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle loved the ocean sure, but she also loved the forest and the meadows that were nestled further into the territory. It was beautiful there and they were surrounded on all sides by beauty, there were even mountain sides a little further away. A waterfall nestled in the middle of their home.

Thistle murmured a soft Oh that was certainly a good quality. Especially since they were so small anyway. They needed warm bodies, and if there was another that knew how to ration food if needed pretty good, well that was a huge plus. Thistle listened further on, so the girl was curious and interested in the world around her. Her husband would like that quality, she just hoped he didn't like it too much and try another fiasco like with Nerian, she didn't know if she could take another one.

Thistle chuckled I do though they are more than 6 months old now. We have two 3 or 4 month old ones too that my husband and I are taking care of. And if all goes well there will be more in the spring. Thistle listened calmly the girl certainly had a lot going of her. What are some of the things you did with the pups? Do you play games and teach? As far as Thistle was concerned the girl was a sure fire shoe in for a member of their pack. But she wanted to pass some time with some pleasant conversation.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

Wip noticed that for a split second the other female’s face seemed to fall into what seemed a troubling thought. But as soon as it had come, it disappeared from her peaceful countenance, and Wip pushed out the paranoia that she had somehow caused it. She was happy to hear that there were pups in the family, as her experience told her they made the best playmates. It was so easy to languish away the days worrying about things she could not control, but through the eyes of youth, the world always seemed much brighter and more interesting. It sounded like she would have her hands full, listening to the range in ages, but Wip was more than up for the challenge.

Mostly keep ‘em outta the way I guess. Wip chuckled. Pups had a way of sometimes being were they were not supposed to be. I usually like taking long walks with them at first. Pay attention to what they are interested in, maybe pick up on what they’ll grow up to be like. There’s a lot to learn from going on a good walk you know. She was feeling uncharacteristically gabby at the moment. Perhaps it was because this was the first wolf she had seen in so long, it made her happy to have someone to talk to. How many wolves share these lands? If you don’t mind me asking ma’am? I’ve been in the area for a few weeks now; it seems to be many families running through these parts. It is…peaceful isn’t it?

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It was not the girls fault that Thistle was rather critical of herself. Or that she often had troubling, and niggling doubts about her husband's faithfulness. In a way it was Ragnars, but it was also her own issues coming to light. It was an uphill battle for her sometimes.

Thistle chuckled Yes there is. Though usually when I go on walks it's to gather my thoughts or herbs for my healing. Thistle frowned in contemplation of the next question. To be truthful she didn't really know how many were here in the entirety of the wilds. Honestly I don't know how many there are a few. I do know there is one that is near here. Steer clear of them, they seem untrusting of outsiders. She had met one a male and he had been so strange, certainly nice, but strange. I think we have a place for you Whip. Won't you come with me? I can give you a tour? Allow you to settle in?
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

She listened carefully and nodded her head in approval of what Thistle said. It pleased her to hear that she enjoyed nature as much as she, and Wip felt a surge of confidence at the thought that she had found the right place to settle. She was eager to know more, but fearing becoming too obtrusive, made up her mind to discover some of the answers to her questions at her earliest convenience. She noted carefully what the alpha said about the neighboring pack, and was determined not to make any waves.

For the first time in a long time, Wip seemed to tremble slightly at the anticipation of having found a slice of the world where she belonged, and she was determined to make the best of it. She nodded at the blue-eyed female excitedly, and touched her cold wet nose to the other’s chin in respect as she followed her. She looked forward to learning more about Thistle and her family, and especially learning more about this new place she was to call home.