Kintla Flatlands i left my heart in metropolis.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer gritted his teeth as he lowered his aching body down into the frigid water. The ice cold liquid was good for his fresh wounds, but that didn't mean it didn't sting like the dickens. He remained submerged for only a few seconds, knowing very well that to let the chill get to his bones would be bad for his health. Leaping back up onto the shore, he gave his pelt a hard shake to send little droplets spinning out into the air all around him.

His little scuffle with the black bitch had left him rather disheveled and he wasn't completely certain which direction he was going any longer. A quick study of the river at least let him know which way it was flowing, and so he again took up the trail towards the Caldera, this time with a slight limp in tow.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

Her explorations had taken her farther and farther from The Bay. Wip was eagerly taking in all of the information about the land surrounding her with the zealous need of an initiate. She was eager to prove herself to those that had taken a chance on her…her new family as she allowed herself to think of them in moments of fancy. Being so close to the Ocean had been fascinating, and still interested her, yet the giant pool of blue was not drinkable, and so, she had let out to discover those valuable sources of fresh water that had the potential of becoming essential in times of need.

And so she found herself at the quiet river, cold as it was, it quenched the thirst brought about by her journey. So preoccupied was she in her drinking, that she did not sense the male until he was almost upon her. Her stomach lurched with an anxiety that was characteristic of any newcomer, until her green eyes set upon the limp that caused his frame to move in such a disjointed manner. She skirted his progress slightly, not wanting to come off as threatening, and loudly began to rub against the trees in an attempt to make her presence known. Hullo, she offered quietly.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Were he not on full alert for any sign of the lone bitch coming back for another round, Summer may not have noticed the approach of the stranger over the way his body moaned in pain with each step. As it was, his head snapped to attention and he bristled warily the second the sound of a body against the brush interrupted the usual of the flatlands. With narrowed eyes and tail raised dominantly, he searched for the source, pinpointing a spot on the landscape just before the female stepped innocently into it.

Her posture and voice gave no hint of threat so the yearling relaxed very slightly. He remained wary of her though, mostly out of the fact that he wasn't much interested in the company of anyone so unfamiliar in his weakened state. "Yes? he replied shortly, not in an irritable tone, but in one that merely suggested that he didn't have much time for her.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

She noticed his posture first, and Wip was slightly relieved to see him adjust it into something not as threatening. It was becoming obvious to her that most of the wolves in these parts seemed to be on guard. She wondered if she was just spending too much time wandering aimlessly without a care in the world. But such was her nature, and she worried that carrying too much stress would only shorten her life. So she was always resolved to be as pleasant as possible. Whether or not that was sustainable in a world shared by many of her own kind, time would only tell.

She noticed his wounds, and Wip twitched her ears, remembering her earlier interaction with the other female, also injured. That stress seeped into her body slightly, was this really that dangerous of an area? She would have to ask Thistle Cloud about this, this was the second wolf with what seemed like fight wounds. Not to mention her own alpha male was purportedly covered in scars. Yet, the male seemed to be agreeable enough for someone in his position.

You're…hurt? Not wanting to injure his pride, she was tentative with her words, and then stepped closer only slightly. I could help…with that. Something to make it feel better…if you want. I saw someone else earlier…hurt too.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The girl didn't leave, instead she stayed to question him about his wounds and to offer assistance. Summer watched her thoughtfully, a hard frown upon his face that had little to actually do with her. More than anything physical, the fight with the bitch had hurt his pride. He'd never been in a real fight before, and now on the other side of it, he saw how foolish and naive he'd been to have any confidence in his abilities. To be so completely put in his place by a woman of all creatures was one hell of a bitter sting to the proud young wolf who'd always considered himself to be a sort of protector of the "weaker" sex. It seemed that he still had a crapton to learn.

"I'll be alright," Summer said finally with a sigh of resignation, "I'd rather suffer the pain." He cast his gaze down at the ground between his paws for a moment before giving her another glance. "Thank you, though, that's very kind of you to offer," he added, now feeling a little guilty at being such a dickhead to her.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
I was tempted to stuff Seb in SS. So lets see if it clicks XD PP'ing Wip.

Sebastian casually trotted out of the foliage out into the open. His tail was in a neutral stance as his big body craved for water. It didn't take long for Sebastian to find it. He had a christ to quench. After hunting, and eating, he felt like freshening up and a drink. His pink tongue eagerly helped him drink the cold water. He knew if he would drink too much he would get a headache. He was from cold part of Canada, something you learn early on. He took mini breaks between drinking. After that it was his muzzle that was washed clean.

The large grey young male then followed the river down stream. It didn't take long for him to encounter some other wolves. A dark one and a multicolored one that was just leaving. The masked male looked after the leaving female and then walked to the black wolf himself. His pale eyes curiously glanced over him for a brief moment. "Did she do that to you?," he asked, lightly frowning.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Luckily Summer is ever so charming! >_> thx for joining!

Apparently, the female was not too keen on continuing their conversation, though she was gracious enough when she excused herself from his presence. Summer watched her go, feeling rather more shitty than he had before she'd come across him. He heaved a sigh and turned to continue his journey to the Caldera, only to stop with a rigid jolt as his eyes landed on a new face just as its mouth parted to speak.

His surprise caused him to be a little slow on understanding what was being asked, and thus he gave the stranger a confused look for a few seconds before it clicked. "Her? No," Summer answered after a beat, shaking his head while relaxing his posture again, "She was just seeing if I was alright and offer some help." He shrugged to further push off his downtrodden mood - a pointless gesture, but worth a shot anyway.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Hahaha. Seb can look past that! :D Welcome!

Sebastian glanced over the dark male with some curiosity. The other confirmed that it wasn't the female's doing. Only that she was offering him some help. Well that meant if Sebastian was going to offer his help the male probably wouldn't accept it. The large grey male flickered his tail curiously. "Have you seen a wolf that looks like me, older and with a docked tail?," he asked, selfishly moving the direction towards him. The other made it clear that he did not want any help. Sebastian wasn't some caring female that would press on the matter to heal him.

For now he had only met some seal girl, as weird as she was, it worked for her. She hadn't been very helpful but maybe this male was? Sebastian's pale eyes kept on the other. He was still a stranger. And maybe he had a bad experience with his father.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer was not prepared for the abrupt change of conversation, but he welcomed it nonetheless. While part of him wanted to wallow in self-pity, it truly was better to have a distraction. Pouting got him no where whereas it was always a good thing to make an ally, and so that was how he realigned his focus.

"No, I'm sorry," he replied with a shake of his head, "Is this a friend of yours?" Summer was curious as to what the relationship between them was. There were many possibilities and thus far, the man had given him no indication as to what this situation might have been.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at the other, he was a bit disappointed. This wasn't getting him anywhere. The large grey male let out a soft snort. "That is alright. It is difficult to find someone who doesn't want to be found," Sebastian retuned. He had naively thought that this would be a piece of cake. It was not. He was worn and hungry. He also longed for a home. A nice home. "He is my father actually," Sebastian spoke, slightly amused.

Although his amusement soon left his face. "He is not a nice guy. I've come to search for him, since he abandoned us and sentences most of our family members to death," The young grey softly growled. He was obviously affected by it.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer listened quietly as the male responded to his admission.  He didn't know who it was the stranger was looking for, but he quickly realized he was actually better off that way.  It was strange to have him sharing such intimate details about his relationship with the wolf and their history together, but he brushed it off.  Perhaps it helped him to admit these less than pleasant truths.

"What would you want to find him for?" Summer asked, very curious to know.  If his father was that terrible of a wolf, then what exactly was his purpose in seeking him?  Did he intend to make him return to save their family, or was vengeance his goal?  In either case, Summer supposed it didn't really affect him and thus it mattered little.  He was interested to know, nonetheless.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian knew it might seem weird to search for someone that did something horrible to you. But he was still his father and Sebastian wanted to tell him what happened. He had been right... So with that Sebastian hoped that his father would return or at least mellow down enough that they could hang out. The grey wanted to have the approval of his father, badly, because that was the only wolf ever that didn't appreciated him for what he did.

"I want to tell him what happened after he left," Sebastian then spoke. He would tell the older male how wrong he was to leave his old pack. How wrong it was to join a pack here. He didn't understand. "I want the confrontation. I want to know why."
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer listened to the man's explanation, and though it was short, it clarified the matter for him greatly.  Though he had no ill feelings towards his own father, he would have loved to tell Dhani all of what had happened to him since he left him at the steps of the Sunspire.  The conversation would have been vastly different than the one Sebastian meant to have with his sire, but still.  He knew what it meant to wish your father could see all that they'd left behind, be it for better or worse.

"Well, I hope you find him then," Summer replied thoughtfully, "Hopefully finally speaking with him will help you to find some peace, some closure.." 
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
I will archive it! <3

Sebastian nodded as the wolf spoke in return. "Well I hope so too, i could really use some," he pointed out. Sebastian was a honest guy. He didn't mind telling right from wrong. He also didn't mind to share things, especially how bad his father was. The grey male then bobbed his head in goodbye. "Thank you take care," he spoke politely and trotted away in another direction. Not a very useful conversation but Sebastian deemed it a nice one. Better than the one he had with the seal girl who was just weird.