Stavanger Bay All is well as the world turns
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle woke up to a new day at dawn. She yawned softly and lifting her petite self she slowly legged it from den. She stretched and rolled around for a moment scratching her back. She got a little wet in the process thanks to the frost on the ground, and it was cold. However, she figured she would get warm enough when she started walking around the territory.

Shifting her little bit of self she started at a brisk lope around the area. She then increased her movements until she was almost to the borders. It was good to stretch your legs and traverse the borders. Her husband bless him, was already probably out and about doing that. Or he might be hunting. She was becoming a little more hopeful as time sped on, because they were filling their ranks with others. More wolves were coming to spend their lives here and she was both glad for it and a little worried. She did not wish to bring in others that could potentially harm her family, but they needed warm bodies.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

Wip had met the morning with an alertness of a new pack member. She insisted on sleeping next to the Ocean, feeling eclipsed by its vastness, thus being forced to awake early less the cold it gave off killed her. It had become a bit of a routine, to rise before the sun so as to work her muscles and generate some heat. She had enjoyed this new blue bedmate, but was beginning to reconcile with the fact that the coldness of winter would make it hard for her to sustain this for too long. Either way, she was happy that it forced her to be productive in the mornings, and so she spent them inspecting the pack borders, trying to get to know them better.

She smelled Thistle in the boundaries, and another wolf, which Wip could only assume was the as of yet unamed Ragnar. Her nose quivered at the traces of his masculine musk, and again she felt that flop of anxiety within her stomach. She had yet to meet the male, and she could only hope he was as agreeable as his feminine counterpart. It was then that she noticed the presence of said female, and Wip’s tail twitched with excitement. Their last encounter had not been too long ago, and Wip hoped her presence would not become a nuisance. Thistle had evidently been at work with the borders before she, and Wip noticed the dew that clung to her coat. She approached her slowly, and greeted her with familiarity, nudging the other’s chin with a lick of respect and then retreating to give her space.

Mornin’ Thistle Cloud.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle remembered the way she had first been when she had joined the ridge. Though she knew what the ocean looked like, having grown up by one. She had enjoyed staying near one when she first came. Because frankly it had been a little like home and she had been scared.

Thistle knew her husband would probably intimidate the poor girl Whip. The one she liked very well of the new recruits. There was a kindness and a softness to the girl that simply made Thistle want to help her. Perhaps she reminded her of the way she had been when she had first come, she wasn't really sure.

Thistle smiled at the lick and nudged her hopeful new friend in the shoulder. Hello Whip. What brings you out this morning? She gave her a small grin and waited.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph
I figured I’d wait a few days to see if more people would join…that lasted all of four hours hehe.

Wip was encouraged by the fact that Thistle had always been so agreeable with her. It was more than she could have hoped for during her travels, to find a new pack, and to be lead by a female who seemed to exude only kindness thus far. Wip hoped that it would remain this way, and she made a silent pledge to herself that she would do everything in her power to make it so.

I was trying to get to know the pack, with my nose. She wiggled her wet, black nose as if to emphasize this and then decided that the morning seemed apt for pumping Thistle for information. How many wolves call his pack home? And what is your husband’s name? What are they like? She didn’t dare ask what she really had been wondering, What is he like. In Wip’s experience leading males had the tendency to be…abrasive and she wondered if this would be the same sort of situation. She did not want to assume anything however, and risk offending Thistle.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I get that way I get way too excited lol I like Whip though so it's nice to have her all to myself mwahaha

Thistle did not often strike up confrontation. Though her husband would surely argue that fact, she did confront him a lot about a lot of things. However, she was much more genteel than him too. She also gave more chances than he would, but they complimented each other.

Thistle chuckled at the other's movement of her nose. 6 adults, 3 juveniles and 2 puppies. 2 of the juveniles are my son and daughter Gunnar and Gyda. Ragnar and I also have another son Mercury, but he is not here right now. Has gone to make his own place in the world. Thistle shifted and settled to her haunches to be more comfortable as she answered her hopefully new friends questions. Ragnar is my husband. He is a lot more harsh than I am I love him, but he is more...well savage is the only word I can think to describe him with. He is missing an eye and covered in scars so be warned. Gunnar and Gyda are both rather quiet. The other wolves most are new so I don't know exactly how they are yet. Onyx is quiet as well and a little bit flighty.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph
Hehe yaay!

Wip’s hopes for a peace-loving hippy alpha male were dashed with Thistle’s description, and she hoped the disappointment did not show on her face. Although, she had lived long enough in the world to know that to protect a pack a lot of ferocity was needed. If Thistle was vouching for him, then Wip was determined to give the male a fair chance. She was happy she asked because had she seen Ragnar as described she might have been frightened out of her wits.

Wip nodded thoughtfully and then added. I’ve met a few wolves, but none from our pack yet. I’m eager to get to know the rest of the family, especially the pups. She emphasized the last statement with a beat of her tail. I’m happy to hear that you love him, sometimes marriage can become…boring. How long have you and Ragnar been mated? The day was still early, and Wip was always up for a little chatter with a trusted participant. She hoped Thistle was willing to oblige her, the more Wip knew about the wolves around her, the more comfortable she would feel prowling these lands.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle gave a small smile, she knew very well that most were intimidated by her husband. He was a harsh man, a savage man. However, he was also fair when needed and a good leader. He was also not afraid to do whatever he needed to ensure his pack and family's safety. Thistle thought sometimes that perhaps she was a little blinded by her love for him. It was possible after all, he could do not wrong in her book.

Thistle smiled I'll send Gunnar to look for you and Gyda if I see her. Though the girl is always off on an adventure of some kind. And if all continues well you will have more puppies to take care of in the spring. Thistle choked for a moment and then began to laugh. She had to take some deep breaths. Oh my....goodnesss....ha...forgive me.....ha Ragnar and I are not boring trust me between polygamy, savageness and my own sparky nature we are anything but....as a matter of fact I imagine he probably gets tired of me getting in his face. Thistle frowned in concentration, deep in thought. We have been mated for 9 months. Yes and I imagine many more to come.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

Wip was not sure what polygamy was, but seeing as it was juxtaposed with savagery and sparkiness, she did not dare ask. Wip had spent so much time traveling alone that she could not imagine what it was like to be mated to another. To walk through life knowing that the other was your soul mate. Her own parents had a relationship of efficiency and duty, yet the female knew that there were all manner of relationships. She would look forward to meeting Ragnar, and seeing how he treated her Queen. Yet the male had been absent until now. Wip was sure he would show up in the most unexpected way possible though.

I look forward to meeting your pups. And the future ones too. She added with the grin, and sighed a little wistfully, she loved puppies so much, and she had begun to wonder when her own time would come. She could not imagine being in charge of keeping others alive though.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle would have answered had she been asked. She hadn't liked it, but she had done it to make her husband happy. And it had been awful, because she had been so jealous it had sickened her. It may have been partially because he seemed to love Nerian more, something that she would say until the day she died. She also disliked the fact that even before they were in a polygamy relationship Nerian threw herself literally at Ragnar. Thistle shook her head and dispelled such terrible thoughts. It did not do well to dwell. Ragnar for the most part treated his queen very well. They had their moments, but he was good to her.

Thistle smiled They will like to meet someone new too I imagine. We have been hurting for members, and we just lost a mated pair and two of their pups in the last few months. It has been dark days within the Bay. I hope that your coming will bring brighter days for us. I am glad you are here.
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph

Thistle’s words were encouraging to Wip. She had begun to feel like coming to the Bay had been such a happy coincidence, she knew what a blessing it was to share a pack with wolves that cared and respected each other. Even though she did not know the majority of her pack mates, she was beginning to feel an overwhelming urge to help them, and to care for them. It was strange how biology could force a being into wanting to help others like herself. I’m happy to be here too. I want you to know how much it means to me that you took a chance on me, and I will do my best not to let you down.

Wip considered the things Thistle had shared with her, and then thought it best to add, Our family may have had its losses, but we’ll build Savanger Bay up to be the family it is destined to be. I can feel it. She nodded with all the assurance of a young wolf that knew next to nothing of the world. But in this moment she was hopeful, and at times that was all it took. I’ve been working hard to catalogue the resources around here, to make sure that in times of need, we have options. This winter has been cold, but this land has a lot to offer. Mostly, she wanted Thistle to forget whatever troubling thoughts had entered her mind, and she hoped that her conversation would help.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle and Ragnar both saw their pack as family, it was their home and their loved ones lived here. Yes there were moments that tried their truth and their love, but it was there at the end of the day anyway. I know you will and I don't think you will let me down Whip. It is a pleasure to have another to speak with. She had lost Julooke who had been her dear friend, taken by a bear. She had lost Nerian whom she had moments of dislike and jealousy, but was finally beginning to break down the doors and beginning to care for her in her own way.

Thistle chuckled That it does if you go to the meadow I have a huge medicinal cache there should you need the supplies. I am a healer by trade among other things. So tell me Whip did you have a former pack? or is this your first adventure there?
28 Posts
Ooc — Steph
Sorry for quality, really sick today :(

Wip was happy to hear about the medical cache, not because she thought she had had need of it just yet, but because it meant that Thistle was a like-minded gal, and it made her feel secure to know Thistle was the type to be prepared. She considered her question carefully and then answered, I come from a very small pack very far from here. We didn’t have much, but in a way it was good, because we all learned from very young how to make the most of what we did have. Thinking back Wip knew that the Kailen’s weren’t the most loving of families, and maybe that was why she craved that touchy feely stuff so much now. But she thought this would be too much to share at this moment, and only said, My parents were good parents, but I knew that I wanted something more, and decided to leave them. I miss them sometimes, but I know they are all right. Wip nodded, as if to affirm this for herself, and then asked, How about you Thistle, where do you come from?

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It's okay love. Feel better

Thistle was a cautious individual at least when it came to medicinal herbs. She actually was almost a hoarder of epic proportions of such things. She never did not have something, and when she used something she usually got more immediately after. Small is good for we are small right now. There was a time we weren't small, but bad luck has reared it's ugly head.

Thistle smiled I come from far away. My mother was a healer and a mid wife. My father a tracker and a hunter. I had two brothers. My mother may have had more pups now I don't know, but we were just a tiny family, we helped out the nearby packs and they helped us.