Stavanger Bay rocky (joining)
19 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The night was crisp and unusually clear. Kovacs would have settled in hours ago, but the unmistakable scent of gathered wolves pushed him further west. Their scent clung to the fringe of grass between sand and forest, as though it were a commonly used thoroughfare to get some place important. They both diversified and strengthened as he walked, watching the cliffs ahead of him grow taller and more detailed. It didn't take him long to realize that it was a bay. The rock had no discernible top - shafts of moonlight cut straight through to the bottom, and the hills above poured trees down to ocean level like chunky pea soup into a bowl.

The grey titan slowed his gait, cupping his chipped ears forward. He had never lived on a beach. If a pack worth a damn resided in that bay, they would have scouts - and with the constant noise and smell of the ocean giving intruders cover, they would have to have keen eyes.

I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was doing a last thorough walk of their borders. The news of her husband stepping down had hit her rather hard. She was a bit unprepared for it. But she was doing her best, and he had told her he would step back up if she needed it. He was simply trying to save them all. She wondered how the inside of him was taking it. He hated to be beneath anyone, she imagined even being his wife cut still.

A sixth sense caused pause for Thistle as she slowly walked towards the borders and saw a giant wolf standing there. She wasn't really sure what to do, she was not very large and if he should try to attack her here at night, she wasn't sure what could be done. However, despite all that and the depreciating thoughts she stood tall and regal as she strode forward her position in the pack clear. What brings you to our borders stranger?
19 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The wolf that emerged to greet him was comparatively small, and was attending to business as though some matter of great import weighed her down. Kovacs did not think exactly that, but he noted a slope to the woman's shoulders that she was quick to shrug off when she spotted him. "What brings you to our borders, stranger?" the bay wolf called, approaching with all the hallmarks of a leader. The mountain of a wolf in her sights exhaled and relaxed, his battered ears curved gently forward. "Kovacs," he introduced in his deep, reverberating bass. "Are you the kind of pack that trades a space for skills?"

Many of the packs he had served with over the years had been family-run affairs - often, the head of the house felt threatened if Kovacs lingered, and he had learned to recognize when it was time to move on. It remained to see what sort of establishment the bay was.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle hardly ever felt her size small, she knew she was, but it didn't always dawn on her until right this instant. When she was alone in the dark next to a behemoth. However, he didn't seem threatening. So again as always her thought on size flitted away. Thistle studied him with deep azure eyes. Well that depends entirely upon what your skills are?

They were a family in a sense, but they also were in dire need of new bodies. And to top that off they always had space for potential members. Especially strong ones, Thistle would like to impart more of her husbands culture if she could, because she thought it might make him happy. Perhaps even raids, but that was a way's off yet. I am Thistle Cloud alphess of the bay.
19 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Thistle Cloud. She looked like neither of the two words that formed her very literal name. Kovacs hoped he would not be forced to adopt some ceremonial moniker as well - for a time, during a short stint among a group of utter simpletons, he had gone by 'Big Rock Wolf'. Eventually, hearing the ridiculous name spoken out loud had been so vexing that Kovacs had simply abandoned them to their fate.

But Thistle Cloud didn't sound insane. "I've served as patrolman, guard, fighter, tactician, and builder," he recited, well practiced in this dance. It was rare that a pack did not accept him unless they were the sort to demand excessive displays of submission before earning that respect. Kovacs had not rolled onto his back in front of another wolf in quite some time, but that was not to say that he had not come to respect a fair few of the Alphas that had taken him on. First impression suggested that the woman he was speaking to was a level-headed creature, and he wondered what the rank and file of the bay looked like. "I take it you live in the bay over there."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle would never expect anyone to take on a name so they could become a pack member. Your name was what made you, usually your parents gave it to you with love. She couldn't take that away from anyone. Most just call me Thistle

Thistle listened to him give her his qualifications. She tilted her head and thought through his different skills. He had an impressive skill set. She could make use of them in the ranks. Are you a fairly skilled hunter too? We need more gamekeepers. I do with my mate and a few packmates.
19 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"Most call me Thistle," she announced out of the blue. Kovacs eyed her suspiciously, though there was very little movement in his face to suggest his expression had shifted. "Alright. Thistle," he repeated. "And yes, that goes without saying." Solo hunts were difficult for Kovacs, and he preferred to be associated with a pack. Healthy grazers were nigh on impossible to take down alone, and the sheer size of him made it difficult to keep up with smaller, faster prey. In a pack, he excelled - at everything except making himself loved for reasons other than his stature and good health.

But Thistle's questions had raised a suspicion. If she was specifically after wolves that could feed the pack, that meant a population of youth or the old and infirm. Kovac's turned his vast head towards the shrouded bay. He saw no other scouts. "Are you many?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The part of the name had been an after thought on her thought. Thistle shifted her weight at his words. He didn't seem too thrilled at her name, but well she was the alphess so he best get used to it. Otherwise she would make sure he knew exactly what he could do with himself. She had come far from the shy quiet girl that had came to the teekon wilds looking for a home.

Thistle snorted softly but otherwise kept her neutrality. She did not wish to start anything she looked at him and with quiet words she spoke, slight warning in her voice. We are enough. that is all that he needed to know. She hadn't yet accepted him, she could easily send him packing if he didn't like the pack or their numbers. They had enough to live and live well. Gunnar, Gyda would be adults in a few short months, the Ostrega children would be teenagers soon, and there were a few adults in the ranks. They were fine.
19 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
She snorted. Kovacs had made his judgement before she spoke again, but it did not sway his interest in the Bay - it was the first pack he had come across in quite some time, and at this point he was not choosy. If the pack's members were young, they could be taught, and an old wolf was still an asset. "OK," he assented with a single nod. "Then if you will have me, I will serve you."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle offered him a smile Very well, Welcome to the Bay Kovacs. Come with me I'll show you around. Perhaps you'll get a chance to meet the rest and Ragnar. She motioned for him to follow and turning trotted towards the center of the pack lands. Tail swaying happily behind her, things were looking up for their home.

Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:00 AM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.