Noctisardor Bypass serendipity
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
@Flash gamekeeper thread lol

The silver-graphite girl made her way through Quisque Silvarum, the branches devoid of its leaves. She wasn't sure what she was up for today— the thrill of a good hunt, perhaps, or another dip in the lake. Maybe, if the water wasn't colder than what her body was accustomed to after how Raziel had pushed her into duck lake. She smiled at the memory as she padded gently across the coat of snow.

Crëyr decided to settle onto hunting for prey for now, as she was going for gamekeeper and that she would like to see herself and her friends enjoying a hearty meal.

She could hunt by herself sometime else, for she wasn't alone now as a single outrider girl like on many of her usual expeditions and was instead at home surrounded by friends and comrades. Shrugging, the petite grayscale female set out to look for Flash, as she knew that they had some things between to clear up and discuss. Additionally, he had a particularly big thing for some good old hunting.

I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia.
159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
. Flash was daydreaming, on top of a small jutting out boulder surrounded by bramble over De Spirituum Creek. From the ground, you couldn't see him anywhere as the bramble bushes hid him from sight, and he mingled in with their orange-brown colors. In sight, there was no way either. You had to take a blind leap fro a flat rock lower on the other side, hit the ground underneath the boulder and climb up a narrow path like part of the rock. (His private place...)

Out of the corner of his eye, Flash thought he saw a grey colored shape walking around, as if trying to find something. He stood up, getting a better view and realised it was Creyr. Not wanting her to find his private place so soon, he quickly leaped downwards silently, not drawing attention to himself. He padded about fifty paces away and then turned around and jogged over to Creyr. "Hello Creyr.Looking for something?"

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
She weaved her way through the aspen trees, and was at De Spirituum Creek before she knew it. Crëyr knew that Flash usually hung around here, and today would pretty much be no different. Unless he was away doing whatever, which was probably quite unlikely.

The petite grayscale girl caught his scent before the sight of him. She twisted around, trying to locate where the tawny, emerald-eyed male was at, but to no avail. Though she came to realize that her comrade was somewhere above her and had to take a silent leap down before he came into full view.

It'd been long since she'd properly chatted to him. In fact, Crëyr didn't even remember the last time she'd spoken to Flash. "Oh, hey, Flash! I actually was looking for you," She said casually, answering the question she had sent her way. "Well, found you. I didn't want to go hunting alone this time, so... You wanna, at Divinum Campi?" She playfully raised a nonexistent eyebrow, hoping he would agree to go with her. After all, she had some other things she wanted to ask him, having gotten through all this. ”Spotted a herd some time ago, don't know if they're still lingering. Things like hares would be fair game, though I would prefer the deer."
159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
sorry for crappy post...

"Oh, hey, Flash! I actually was looking for you," Creyr said, kind of causally. Oh well so she was looking for him? What for? "Well, found you. I didn't want to go hunting alone this time, so... You wanna, at Divinum Campi?" Flash pondered, it had been a while since he hunted with anybody... sure why not?

"Yeah.Why not? I haven't hunted with anybody for a while now. I wouldn't mind go and warming myself up."The tawny male said.

”Spotted a herd some time ago, don't know if they're still lingering. Things like hares would be fair game, though I would prefer the deer." Flash wondered if both of them could take on a deer alone. Eh, they might take on a weaker one. Both of them are good hunters, they could try. Even if they failed, it would still be fun to hunt with Creyr.

Let's go test our luck then.The tawny male smiled as an idea formed in his head. Race ya! He said playfully, his inner childishness coming out. He whipped his tail her face, laughing and bolted for the plains.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

flash agreed to go with her, which allowed a wide smile to dawn onto her features. already she was beginning to take note of all the outcomes— a while ago she herself had taken on a small goat along with falwasi below that cliff, so why wouldn't they be able to finish off a bigger one, since they had two?

she was greeted with a faceful of the emerald-eyed male's tail as he called out, "race ya!" Shaking her head as she regained her composure, the petite female bounded off towards divinum campi after her friend, laughing, her own tail thumping. "thanks a lot for that, lash!" the nickname made sense. flash. lash. he'd lashed his tail in her face.

it wasn't long before she reached the meadow. divinum campi seemed to stretch for miles. she stopped, the wind in her graphite-silver pelt, and scanned her surroundings for any sign of the herd. thankfully the deer'd seemed to have delayed in their voyages, so quickly crëyr's azure eyes zeroed on one particular deer— rather moderate in stature, if not just a tiny bit larger than average. she would have to aim high for that, if flash was to be by her side.

"hey," she whispered. "flash. is that one okay? it'll make some good food," the aspiring gamekeeper girl decided, gesturing towards their future prey with one lifted paw.

159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
. Lash. Flash supposed it was fitting, considering he just lashed his tail on her face and his name was Flash. Flash smiled to himselfr as he continued running. As he got a head start, he arrived first. Ha! Beat you! He laughed, before he quieted down as he spotted the herd.

Creyr pointed one out, a doe. Good prey for winter. It was rare that deer was still in the bypass considering it was winter. Winter drove most prey south. But they were lucky. These deers were still here. Yeah, that one seemed good. We can take that one down. Plans? Flash asked. I'm thinking of one of us charging at it while the other one hides. Then the hiding one leaps out at it. It's winter, we can't stalk them. He muttered.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

the tawny male did beat her to divinum campi, considering that'd he'd gotten a what, a fifteen-second headstart? she shook her head and smiled, before swivelling her ears towards flash to listen intently to what he said in response to her suggestion.

it was a surprise, to be honest, to still see herds lingering around the plains. it was winter after all, and most wouldn't be here by now. they would have gone someplace warmer. south. not this group, she assumed. and with that, they would make the best out of their opportunity.

the silver-graphite girl nodded at her friend's words. "that's a good idea. if we simply chase after it, it's probably gonna be a fifty-fifty chance, unless the doe's crippled or something." she paused, analyzing what she had left. "i think it's good if i pounce." crëyr turned her head to check on the shrubbery, close to the two wolves, who were a distance away from the herd. flash would be tailing the doe over a fair distance before she herself would leap at it. "those'll be effective for me to hide in. then you know what to do." she gave him a smile.

159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
. Creyr agreed to his plan. Flash flashbacked to the time he had hunted with Shadow, they had used a similar technique. That time, they had hunted the prey down, though he was the one to pounce. But she was right, she should pounce. He wanted to see what it felt like to be the one to be chasing the prey.

Good plan. Flash muttered as he looked at the bushes Creyr had pointed out. I say we go for it starting...NowHe said, before starting to stalk as close as he can towards the deer herd. The adrenaline of the hunt pulsed through him, and Flash knew the Bypass was not going to go hungry that night.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

flash agreed to her, deeming it was a good plan, before announcing himself that it started right now. after a nod of encouragement towards her emerald-eyed friend, she slunk across the plain towards the shrubs, and concealed her frame within its brittle branches.

ready to leap anytime out, she waited, her eyes alert, her gaze fixated upon the herd, and flash picking his way behind them, stalking them. he would soon single the doe she had mentioned out, chase it towards this area and crëyr would then pounce.

159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
Flash stalked his way over to the deers, that were now alert of him.From the corner of his eye, he saw Creyr pick her way towards the bushes they had picked out. He nod at her, hinting that he would start now, and flexed his muscled. As one of the deer look up, straight into him, he leaped out of the grass, rushing towards the herd.

Immediately the herd scattered, all of them running in different directions. To his dismay, the doe they had picked out was running in the wrong direction. Flash raced after it, cutting it's path and sending it back towards where Creyr was. He chased after it, groaning as it took another turn near the bushes. He veered towards it, cut it's path again and sent it back onto the track.

As it came close to the bushes, The golden beta yowled."Creyr! Now!"He yelped as he leaped, scoring his hind claws on it's rump, but hurting it only slightly. He growled, waiting for his silver partner to continue the hunt with him. He knew he couldn't manage it alone, the the doe was more powerful than he had expected.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

her bright-colored companion gave her a nod, before one of the deers looked up, staring straight and spotting flash. he began to run, then, as the herd scattered wildly, but of course flash was fixated on the doe they had previously picked.

it veered either direction, but flash was sure to put it back on track. not long later it neared the grayscale girl, and she had only heard her tawny companion shout now before she leapt out of the shrubs, claws outstretched, to latch on the doe's back while flash was at its rump. flash was tackling their future meal, but he would require her help to finish it off.

the doe buckled, yowling at his herd, jerking its back to try unseat its two opponents. once it lifted its head, the sterling hunter made an ambitious attempt to tear at its throat, and managed to snag some meat off its neck.

159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
One more round after this?

Adrenaline pulsed through him as he lost hold of the doe as it bucked. He grinned evilly as Creyr managed to injure it and leap after it. The deer buckled slightly as it's leg hit a hole. At the exact moment, The golden beta made a wild leap for it, managing to dig his claws into it's rump. under his claws, he could feel blood rushing towards the wound, he he dig his mind legs into the ground, brutally dragging his claws downwards.

The effect was obvious, blood came rushing out of the wound, and the doe weakened. It started limping, and Flash panted, watching the stream of blood flowing from it's rump. "Creyr, get off. It should die naturally." He said, as horror seized him. How could he be just so... brutal? It wasn't like him to go for such a brutal, not fatal move. Normally his kills were quick, so the prey didn't have much time to feel pain. This was his doing, the claw marks on the doe's rump. It was his doing.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

flash seemed to have severely injured the doe. crëyr moved off its back for a moment, trusting that it didn't need to be bitten no more, and watched it as it limply crumpled to the ground.

when flash told her to get off and leave it to die on its own, crëyr rolled her eyes for a moment and shook her head. "no. do you really want it to die a slow, painful death? i'm gonna lessen the blow for it."

the doe was writhing, and momentarily the grayscale girl felt a pang in her chest. swiftly she stepped forwards and gave her the death blow, to end its pain, for it not to have a slow, torturous death. it was life, after all.

a grin fell upon crëyr's features, then. her blue eyes sparkling, she turned to flash, who looked slightly forlorn. that was usually something that happened after a hunt, but oh well. "good job, anyway. we won't be hungry tonight."

159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
The golden beta contuned to stand mortified, not really hearing with Creyr said. He snapped back awake to see Creyr killing the doe quickly. He continued to stare at it for a moment, giving thanks for the life it had once had and for the meat it will give to the Bypass. He padded closer, nudging it's head with his muzzle for a moment, silently looking at it's dying eyes for a second.

"good job, anyway. we won't be hungry tonight."Creyr barked happily behind him, snapping him out of his horrified trance. "Yeah, Good job." He muttered back, still looking at the deers body. Determined to not make it waste, he started to drag it by it's legs towards the cache, dropping it for a moment to give a howl. A howl that was heard all through the territory, telling them they wouldn't go hungry that night.