I've been worried all my life
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Set in the mountains overshadowing Blacktail Deer Plateau (:

Kaihra couldn't remember how long she'd been alone. The last time she'd set her face upon a member of the Plateau had been the day she'd followed Dante - but that had also been the day she'd fled. The shame of her cowardice had come upon her slowly, but had built itself layer upon layer until the weight had proven too much to bear. And so she'd done the only thing she knew to do: Kaihra ran.

Desperate to conceal herself, the flatlands had not been an option. They were far too exposed, and far too frequented by pack wolf and loner alike. She'd have been crazy to think she could find solace out there. No, she needed a place alone, a place to hide, somewhere no wolf would go. And so as she'd darted frantic eyes around the Plateau, scanning for an escape, her gaze had fallen to the mountains and soon her paws had found the unforged trail she'd scoured with Finley... how many moons before? It didn't matter. Finley was gone now, too far away to bother with the valley in the mountains again.

She never thought she'd enter this place again, but it was here she'd made her home for the past suns, losing count of days and letting the concept of time slip from her mind. The trees still gripped their leaves, despite the thin layer of snow that occasionally covered the rocky land. The only sign to the woman that winter had not yet passed. She tread across the fine needles now, nostrils flaring against the bitter air to find any sign of prey in the untouched land. The smell of vole came first, and though it would prove a small kill, the woman trekked forward, intent on catching what sustenance she could. She had seen better days, but had also seen far worse, and until she could figure out somewhere else to go, this place would become her home.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Kaname sulked in a crevice, absentmindedly pawing the stripped bones that once made up the body of a delicious young goat. He had gorged himself, only because he had not eaten properly in a while, what with him stuffing the caches silly for Cara and the up and coming pups. The assassin's eyes were half-lidden with glutted sleepiness, and he was prepared to take a nap when a wolf caught his eyes.

Kaname groaned, annoyed that a wolf was in the vicinity, taking him away from much needed sleep. His head poked out from the crevice, and he was more intent on observing the lone female, rather than speaking. He hoped she didn't want to talk. He needed a nap.
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
She stalked forward, intent on her prey until a quiet noise caused her ears to flatten toward the mountain at her rear. With a fair swoop she sung her head around, while golden eyes scoured the base of the cliff. It was there she saw him, dark head leaned out of a crack in the wall, and Kaihra stiffened. Yet the woman made no further attempt to face her company. Instead she watched, back toward him and head turned over her shoulders, gaze set on the man with searching uncertainty. If he did not approach her, then she would let him be. But if he advanced... Kaihra already found her thoughts mapping out routes of escape, through passageways she'd scouted upon her arrival here.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]