Noctisardor Bypass the path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell
14 Posts
Ooc —
Packmates! :D

He'd been moving all the herbs from the old den to his own den, sorting them out neatly. Winter was a harsh and cruel season, but a beautiful one nonetheless. However, when stomachs were not filled, tempers ran high and fights started. Perhaps not with packmates, but with outsiders. They were bound to get hurt, with all the competing packs around. And if they didn't get hurt, there would be colds and coughs and all kinds of sickness. Without a proper healer, this pack might not survive at all.

Hjalmar wouldn't let that happen.

He hadn't met any of his new packmates except for the Alpha and wondered if he would meet them anytime soon. They needed to know they had a healer and when to find him if they ever got hurt, unfortunately, the Northman was not one to openly find wolves and interact with them. Especially when he was sorting herbs.

The pile was small and Stormfrost knew he had to collect more, even if there were probably none to collect, given it was winter.
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
*rolls in* hiiii

When her nose caught the scent of an unknown scent, though tinged with the Bypass, she found her paws gently making their way towards the origin. She padded through the winter, wondering why the Bypass seemed to be so lonely as of late— well, probably because everyone ditched their duties and left.

The small grayscale girl reached somebody's den, seeing a light-pelted male sorting through whatever he had— piles of herbs, she noticed. Healing? Their healer had left one or two months ago, leaving Noctisardor Bypass void of a healer. Was he here to fill in the blanks? If he was, Crëyr was grateful.

Wondering if she would be a bother to his sorting, she announced her presence with only a small chuff.
14 Posts
Ooc —
Hey!!! :D Hover for translations.

Hjalmar's senses were as strong as ever and when the scent of a female drifted closer, he knew he had a visitor. It was unfamiliar, but that was normal, he hadn't particularly tried to interact with his packmates in the short time he was here. The Northman did not turn around from his sorting, picking a bundle of herbs in his jaws and moving them over to a small shelf in the wall, hollowed in. That was one of the things good about this cave, there were dents in the walls, large enough to store herbs.

The Northman turned to the newcomer after he placed the bundle down, and with a twinkle in his forest green eyes and a light smile on his lips, he dipped his head respectfully....and promptly forgot he had to speak the common tongue. Hej, du är en av mina pack kompisar rätt?", the words rolling off his tongue smoothly. Hjalmar paused, realized his mistake and laughed softly. "I forgot the common tongue of these lands is not my native tongue, my apologies."

"I'm new here, and as you can see, I'm the new healer." he gestured with one paw at the herbs needed to be sorted.
But...But I trusted you...
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
(May I? :3)

Leila told herself frequently that she needed to focus on being more social to her packmates, and funny thing, how the yearling was in this very same thought process, as she stumbled across two of them. The shock was apparent on the elegant beau's face, but she then settled minty irises on the newcomer. She did not recognize the pale silver male, but she did recognize the soft hued greyscale female, so humbly she acknowledged the both of them.

Dipping her dainty head, she spoke to the both of them. her shadow enveloped eyes staying bright with the fresh youth she held as maturely as someone who was an entire year older than she.

"Hello, friends."

She spoke as much English as she could, her lessons with her father teaching her more and more of the vocabulary. She was not losing the memory of her own native language, she simply accommodated another lingual in there.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
update: edited. hi, xandir/raven!
also, sorry for the rushed crappy post. i really shouldn't be posting at school especially when an exam is in 30 minutes ooops hahahah

The male turned and regarded her with a friendly light in his gaze, but not before a respectful dip of his head. She returned his actions with a friendly smile upon her features, but when he spoke a language that she had no idea about, her expression turned into one of slight confusion.

Promptly he paused, realizing that he'd spoken in a language Crëyr did not know. It sounded vaguely familiar, though all languages that she'd encountered that weren't english seemed to be similar to Welsh.

A grin dawned on her face. ”No worries. It's happened to me. Sometimes I forget I'm not in Wales, though I've grown accustomed. What language was that?"

He introduced himself as the new healer, and the Gamma was ecstatic at that. Nodding at his herbs, she said, ”Awesome! We really could use a healer, since the last one... left."

It wasn't long before another scent touched her nostrils— another packmate she didn't know of? Surprised, she turned and saw the young girl, a two-toned female with eyes of a baby blue. She'd been thinking of whatever new packmates they had earlier, and coincidentally she'd stumbled upon not one, but two. At her greeting the petite outrider responded jovially, ”Hey, there. Are you also new around here?"

14 Posts
Ooc —
Same....also isn't it Raven? *confused*

The female smiled too and replied saying sometimes she forgot she wasn't in Wales anymore. Guess she also wasn't from these lands. "Swedish," he replied, lips quirking into a smile. "But I speak Norwegian, Norse and English quite fluently too," The sons of the leader always had to be the best educated, after all one of them might become the heir to the throne after Father died. Hjalmar wanted to find his place in the world, to make his own path instead of fighting for the throne, so he left.

”Awesome! We really could use a healer, since the last one... left." There seemed to be something behind her words, something she was hiding but the Northerner did not pry. They would share, or they would not. "Could you use a warrior?" he asked curiously, wanting to once again pursue both paths. There was nothing wrong with that right? He could still devote himself to being the medic.

Then a new scent drew close and with it, came another newcomer. Stormfrost blinked gently at her, but uttered no greeting of his own. The look in his eyes and the dip of his head was enough.
But...But I trusted you...
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
(Yea, no i fixed the nametag because Xandir is the laziest baztahd i know. It's Raven.)

Leila held the shudders as much as she could, her nervousness to be in with a crowd of wolves that weren't her father or mother. This was her trying to unseclude herself, and wean herself of their comfort. The Silver Lady had a soft voice, like that of Paar, the Sun Lady. Warm, and inviting, friendly.

The Snow Silver had said nothing, and though his silence had not been hostile, it intimidated the fae a bit. He seemed calm enough, and Leila wondered if she had interrupted something important. Velvet ice colored ears faced her rear, and her height lowered.

The bell like symphony that composed her voice rang again, but more of a quieter lull. She turned her crown to Creyr, though her verde azure orbs were on the feet of the Snow Silver. At least she included them both.

"I do apologize if I inturrupted a Speak. I am try to be a little open to Pack Family...I was lone, but still one of Bypass Family. Perhaps that is why Father not Speak you on I?"

She heard the flaws in her sentences, then sighed a light huff that puffed within the frosty air surrounding her fair face. Would she ever master the English language?

"I apologize on my Speak. English is not my Speak. Father and Mother were Teaching me, but Mother is not here. Forgive me, Silver Stone, and Snow Silver."
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
She nodded at the emerald-eyed male's words— Swedish, apparently. Whatever language that was. She didn't have much knowledge of other languages or cultures or anything of that sort, but perhaps what he'd mentioned were surrounding countries.

The sterling outrider girl grinned at the healer-warrior, pleased at his query. He certainly wasn't leaning on the "I'm a useless sack of rice" side of the wolves of the Bypass. Well, if there were even any that had gotten past Shadow. ”Of course! A two-in-one. Sounds great." She eyed the herbs he'd been sorting curiously then, before her attention returned to the two in front of her.

The two-toned yearling offered an apology their way then, followed by a response to the question Crëyr had earlier asked her. Father? The younger girl spoke of having a set of parents that had used to be in the process of teaching her English— and their mother had left?

”No need for apologies," She said gently, though still quizzical, as a warm smile dawned upon her face. ”Now you're within our family, we shall guide you towards the mastery of the English language in no time," Her azure orbs flickered to the pale-pelted healer, and playfully added, ”Then we can advance towards Swedish, Norse and Norwegian."
14 Posts
Ooc —
”Of course! A two-in-one. Sounds great." A gentle smile graced the viking's features and forest green eyes twinkled in amusement. "Unusual but useful. Medics who can't fight or defend themselves ain't that useful in the end. Besides, I love the thrill of fighting even though I chose the path of healing." They both had their interesting elements and Hjalmar loved learning both of them with equal passion. The Scandinavian turned his green gaze to the bicolored youth wondering who this 'Father' she spoke of was and deciding this question probably wouldn't hurt, he asked "Who is your father?" His tone was soft and gentle, not actually knowing what to do.

”Then we can advance towards Swedish, Norse and Norwegian." The silver female's words drew a large smile from him and he laughed. "Yes, I suppose so." Hjalmar said, eyes sparkling before realizing he did not know their names at all. "What are your names? I'm Hjalmar Arnvid Felix Stormfrost but you can call me Hjalmar or Stormfrost, I don't mind being called either name."
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
i hope raven/xandir doesn't mind me posting before

"that's one of the best combinations," crëyr offered in response to his words, as she decided that she liked them. "well, you could say that you chose both paths. i do outriding and gamekeeping. probably not as meaningful as yours, though it's everything i love." a smile then dawned onto her delicate features, her mind wandering towards the days she had spent skirting the shore, gazing at the big, blue ocean, discovering one or two caves here and there, standing off a cliff beside a cream-pelted wolfess, the vast sky before her, and adrenaline coursing through her body as she took down a goat.

the pale-furred male then laughed at what'd she said, before agreeing to her. he then introduced himself— hjalmar arnvid felix stormfrost, an interesting name. with a sparkle in her cerulean eyes, she said, "i'm crëyr, crëyr dale awyrseren. nice to meet you, hjalmar arnvid felix stormfrost. cool name. is it swedish?"

then she wondered if the young girl would choose to give them her name.

14 Posts
Ooc —
Concluding this,

"I dunno," Hjalmar shrugged, his bright green eyes twinkling. "But nice meeting you, Crëyr," It was nice to meet one of his packmates, after all, unlike some other wolves, the Scandinavian did not plan on leaving after winter was over, he did not plan on packing his bags and moving out when Spring came. No, he planned on staying at the Bypass, in his new home and serve it as best as he could. And maybe, with time, he would ascend up the ranks and become one of the leaders. It was not his ambition to be the Alpha or the Betas, being a useful wolf in a pack was really what mattered, but it would be good if he could make it.

"Gotta go collect more herbs," Stormfrost dipped his head, flashed them both a smile and turned and departed.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
good thread! :D

hjalmar responded with a careless shrug, so crëyr nodded. "nice meeting you too." she returned.

"have fun," she called after him once he departed to collect herbs. the grayscale girl then turned, and padded away.