Blackfeather Woods this is halloween
30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Jack sat upon the crooked branch of a dark tree. Its leaves were gone. He stared into the dark forest, his new home, if he wished. Or he could decide something else was better. His feathers were ruffled, his eyes distant as he was in thought. He had thought about joining the clan of crows here, who he had heard were often in wars with the ravens. They could use a warrior like Jack. But on the other hand wing, he would not be nearly as pampered or spoiled or pleased as usual. And he would have to get along with many. In a crowd of ten, he would usually only get along with one or two. Perhaps these were different. Perhaps they were warriors filled with bloodlust as he. But he didn't know for sure. For today, he would not take the risk.
13 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

They had never had a better season. This winter had been, by far, the most enriching for the Spyro Clan. It was the pack of wolves that had settled in the woods what had been the key to their success, leaving loads of carcasses for them to snatch, it was all too easy. Maybe Erebus would be able to keep using them as his main food source without needing to formalize it, but he wasn't all that sure. The Alpha wolf wasn't a fool, he was sure, he wouldn't be able to keep stealing their food behind their backs for too long, and he needed to come up with a plan rather soon.

The day had started quite normally for the Dark Lord of Blackfeather. a couple of his lieutenants came asking for instructions, and he, as per usual, lead them in the right direction without trouble. Things were running perfectly fine all over the forest, so he decided to take a little time off.

Erebus was keen on exploring the deepest corners of the dark lands, even though there wasn't a single inch of Blackfeather he hadn't discovered. But strangely enough, that day he found something new. A flock of bodyguards fluttered behind him as he approached the stranger that had, for some reason, infiltrated in his lands without his watchers knowing. The shadow leader perched himself in a branch, several feet above the stranger in a closeby tree.

"I reckon you're not part of my lines..." he said with some serious tone to his coarse voice. His cold eyes stared, intrigued, the blackbird wasn't used to be surprised. "I've never seen you before."

22 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
*crashes party*

Erebus was up to something involving these damned wolves. He had his clan frequently the carcasses as often as they could, and it seemed to her that they were using them as their main food source. Lazy bastards. While her conspiracy did take from the carcasses, they had their own food supplies as well, not focusing on just one major food source. For what if this pack up and left one day? Would the so called 'Dark Lord' abandon his kingdom for that?

Suspicious about what the crow was up to, Morrígan, and a few of her spies, went followed after Erebus and his bodyguards, towards the edge of the territory, where another, young crow sat perched. Erebus spoke to him personally, making Morrígan believe that he was a spy, for she was not close enough to hear the two converse. "What is that crafty bastard up to now...?" the Raven Queen hissed to herself.

30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
oh yay birdy party! Also there is no way to describe how I much I love both of your tables ^^

Jack's dark eyes looked up to a voice. Another crow sat perched, bodyguards hovering (maybe literally hovering, as in flying) around him. He was small, smaller than Jack, but each and every one of the men around him all seemed just as large and intimidating as Jack. "I am not, Sir. I thought about asking to join your lines, and I have not made my descision yet." He rumbled low and quiet. His voice was completely respectful, yet not weak or humble. This man was important, he could tell, and a fellow crow, he also seemed older than Jack. "I have only recently arrived in these lands." Meanwhile the ebony bird was unaware of the raven queen spying on them.
13 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Morrigan was one sneaky fowl. She was always around, in one way or another, and most of the times she went unnoticed. Erebus would've sent his guard to kill her right away in the event of having noticed her, but she knew how to move in the shadows pretty well, and so far none of the crows that were under Erebus' command was aware of her presence. Not even Erebus himself. He was just focused on the outsider and his words.

"What makes you doubt?" the dark lord questioned calmly. He wanted the young blackbird to be sure that he wanted to make a life with the Spyros before making any decision, he knew that rushed calls never made for good endings, and he didn't want to risk Jack falling in the deadly claws of Morrigan and her battalion.
22 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away

The Raven-Queen decided that Erebus and this spy, new recruit, whatever have spoken enough. She gave a signal to her followers, puffing her feathers up and raising a single talon towards the unknown crow. Her ravens went to the task silently, not erupting into warcries until they crashed into Erebus' bodyguards.

Morrígan set her eyes on the crow leader, more intent on bringing him down than anything else. Her wicked talons were aimed at the back of the crow's neck, ready to break his neck. "I'm ready to sing your death song, Erebus!" The Raven-Queen screeched triumphantly.

30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
I've been experimenting with fonts to use so I may switch it up a bit.

Jack was just about to reply to the man when dark birds with ugly shaped beaks and ruffled necks shot down from the trees towards the bodyguards. And one, screeched to 'Erebus' that she was ready to sing his death song. She might have looked okay if not for the missing eye. "What the-" He said in shock, his deep voice filled with surprise. He had no idea what was going on, but they were being ambushed. He had no idea why. Jack flew up a foot or two and darted down onto one of Morrígan's guards, trying to get him off a bodyguard. His sharp dark claws were aimed towards the raven's eyes, ready to yank them out like he had to a wolf or two before.
13 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Sorry! I'm back now :s

Suddenly, Morrigan and her followers were everywhere, and the raven Queen herself was diving towards him with her sharp talons pointed out to his chest. Her single eye glistened with evil, and Erebus felt completely helpless and unprotected. His wings pulled him up in the air, bur Morrigan was already too close for him to avoid her. Why did he have to be so small!

Suddenly, another crow entered the scene. Nyx, Erebus' sister and second-in-command, who was considerably bigger and more experienced in battle, had arrived to save his brother's life. She aimed for Morrigan's back from behind, "Get off my King!" she cawed fiercely, and then, it all didn't seem as hopeless for the shadowed patriarch.