Redhawk Caldera Been there, Done that
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
This one's for @Fitzdutiful only ;)
'going to assume this happened before the battle with SC

<style> .Bane1 {padding: 10px;} .Bane1 p { margin: 20px 80px 10px 80px; font-family: Candara, Calibri, Segoe, "Segoe UI", Optima, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: justify; text-indent: 35px;} .Bane1 q {color: #800000; font-weight: bold;} </style>

There was something bothering him. It had been a pain in the ass for at least three months now and he was sick of it. Blackfeather Woods had been a quiet place long enough but now their backyard was invaded by another fucking pack that did nothing more than howling their way to remind Bane that they were close enough to feel uneasy.

It only got worse during the winter. For some reason they had to announce every time they took a damp, it was maddening. But today, Bane wasn't even angry with them, he was actually in a very good mood, good enough as for him to wander all the way to their borders to greet his annoying neighbours. He was feeling confident too, as much as to leave the dark woods alone and ring loud neighbours' doorbell - in the form of a howl of course - and not a hair of fear stood on him.

Bold.

Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Love me a bit of Damon Salvatore!

Patrolling was beginning to take up most of FitzDutiful's time. It was either patrolling or hunting, hunting or patrolling. He was still working up the courage to ask Raissa to be his mate but he had a feeling that would be all ready to go in a day or two. Warden at the ready, Fitz was on his usual rounds when an uncomfortable scent filtered into the air followed by a howl.

Blackfeather Woods.

FitzDutiful felt a moment of fear. What was a woods wolf doing here? Did they know that this was where Raissa was? Had they come to fetch her back, to finish the job that they had started when they broke her ankle. FitzDutiful had never asked Raissa how that had occurred so he automatically thought the worst. That the shadowy pack had done it to her as penance.

He approached the border carefully, hackles almost raised in warning. "Yes?" He would say no more than that. He wouldn't ask what the Caldera could do for the male standing on their doorstep. He would be happier doing nothing. Fighting with his fears, but not letting any show, he eyed the snow wolf warily.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
IKR! <3

A copper eared, grey wolf came to attend the calling guest, but he was far from being a good host to the silver outrider from Blackfeather Woods. Hackles raised and tail held high, as if it was necessary to remind him that the place was claimed.

Whoa! Chill dude. I'm friendly... he barked, for now... he added in his mind as he confidently sat down on his strong haunches. Bane didn't want any trouble with the Caldera just yet, he just was curious as to what the hell were they doing so close to his pack! Fitzdutiful was actually quite lucky that there wasn't anything that could bring Bane's spirit down. It was a bright day, one he hadn't had in quite a while.

I'm Bane, from Blackfeather Woods. I'm just passing by man, no need to get all fuzzy... It felt weird giving out his name like that. He was just getting used to the fact that he had a name he liked now, and saying it left an awkward taste in his tongue.

Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
"If you say, we've had a bad string of trespassers lately." This was in response to Bane's insistence that he was friendly and just passing by. Truthfully, FitzDutiful didn't care if Bane was friendly or not. They didn't want rival pack members on their borders, especially with their alpha pregnant with puppies. Everything was about the pack's survival, and that included keeping any and all potential threats away from her.

"FitzDutiful, I think I've been near your neck of the woods before. The place cast in shadow most of the day." His tone wasn't friendly, he wondered if Bane would have picked up FitzDutiful's scent that day when he had come to collect Raissa. No one had appeared to be nearby, but that didn't mean they hadn't come later. Fitz had come across many a scent of wolves who were no longer there.

"Why did you come to the Caldera now?" This was the question Fitz wanted answering more than anything. He needed his fears confirmed or denied. They still didn't show, he had the feeling that Bane didn't know Raissa was here. If he did, he was hiding it pretty well.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Trespassers were a bitch, Bane could relate to that, but Fitz didn't have to worry about Bane at the moment, being seized down wasn't part of his plans right now. All day, actually... Bane said narrowing his eyes. His mind was now trying to remember if he had ever caught the wolf's scent around Blackfeather. He hadn't, worryingly, but there was something about his aroma that seemed very familiar.

Hey, do I know you from somewhere? I kinda feel I've scented you bef... and then it struck him... It wasn't his scent Bane had recognized, it was someone else's perfume that clung on him. Raissa. The southern beauty had left the dark forest, and she had made quite a deal about it. Now Bane knew what it was all about... No way! Bane said, half amused and very surprised. Raissa left... For another guy? he chuckled, looking up and down at him. Images of her, licking all over him flashed in his mind, he would never forget their steamy bodies clashing in a dance of love. She's one dirty little bitch, isn't she? I can't believe she'd leave me for you... She really needs a set of new eyes... he chuckled again. Raissa and him had never actually been romantically involved with one another, but they did spend one steamy night not so long ago, and Raissa had f*cking enjoyed it.

Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
FitzDutiful would never receive an answer to the question that he had posed. Not long after the question was spoken the wind shifted direction and it appeared that Raissa was on the wind, invested in Fitz's scent. The Blackfeather Woods male appeared to be suggesting that he recognised FitzDutiful's scent. He visibly stiffened as the thing he had feared about, and had just put to the back of his mind, came to light again.

He just stood there and let the male finish everything he had to say before he smirked. "Talking about her like that wouldn't have helped your cause at all. No wonder she left you." He wasn't scared any more, nothing bad could happen. He didn't even wrap his mind around the fact that she had been with Bane. As far as Fitz was concerned it must have been a one-night affair for he never thought Raissa would cheat.

He had never expected Raissa to be a newcomer to the adult life. Just because FitzDutiful had never had a sexual encounter or thought before, didn't mean he was naive enough to expect that of others. For now, he just watched to see how the other man would respond. Who knew, maybe some sort of peace could come from having been with the same woman.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Sorry for the wait, Andrea :(
I'm free now so what do you say if we give an end to this thread? :)

There it was. What could be mistaken for careless words, Bane understood as words of pain, jealousy, and ire. Bane was sure that havoc in their relationship would arise from his encounter with Fitz, and there was nothing that pleased him more than havoc. That little bitch deserved it.

"Whores rarely ever help anyone's cause..." Bane confirmed with a pint of amusement and sarcasm in his voice, "Don't get me wrong Fitz... I mean.. I'm happy that you found comfort in my leftovers... But if she's done it before, what would stop her from doing it to you?" he stared, smiling maliciously.

Did your exam go well?

"I think the Raissa you knew, and the Raissa I know are two different wolves." FitzDutiful was starting to get sick of this arrogant Blackfeather Woods wolf standing at his borders, telling him and his girlfriend, trying to swindle his way into FitzDutiful's relationship. It was past time for him to leave.

"I think you need to go now." As he spoke the words, his eyes took on a more fiery glaze. His ears pricked up and he let his incisors do the talking. The signs of anger, he hoped, would be enough to deter this male that tried to call itself a wolf from their borders. He would have to let Peregrine and Fox, Finley and Elwood know that this thing had been at their borders, threatening their members.

If he ever came here again, or tried to stay now, consequences would be felt.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Not as well as I would've liked it to... :s But thanks for asking, I put so much effort on it :s

Bane wouldn't submit to another wolf's threat so easily. He pulled his lips back, arrogantly challenging the male to make a move. If he dared, Bane would probably win, taking advantage of his size and abilities. Fitzdutiful would never stand a chance against a beast like Bane, but if he did, the Blackfeather Woods Beta would snap back.

"Oh, did I pull the wrong string, Fitz? Bane said, with a snarly laugh. "You wouldn't want to confront me. You would never be able to take me down, and even if you did, my pack would come after your sorry little ass, and Raissa would be the next. She caused a lot of trouble back in Blackfeather, and I'm sure they would be happy to end her "

The threat was too much to be passed up. FitzDutiful didn't wait a second to pass from Bane issuing the threat and him sending up the howl for reinforcements. This wasn't about him versus Bane, he didn't care if the male saw this as an act of weakness on Fitz's behalf. All he knew was a threat had been issued and if he put his selfish desire above his packs then something bad could happen.

Let's see if Bane stood there so calmly when the rest of the Caldera was coming here to defend their lands and their pack member. Fitz's call hadn't said too many specifics. Only that there was a threat at the border and wolves were needed to neutralise it.

Either Bane would leave now, or reinforcements would arrive.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Last post! thanks for the thread, and sorry for dragging it out for so long :s

Bane could be bold, but he was not stupid. For as much as he wanted to piss Fitzdutiful off, and for as much as he was enjoying it, he knew that whenever he decided to call for backup he would have to retreat. It was boring, completely boring, but there was nothing that the big arctic could do.

"Wow.. What a man!" Bane scoffed and turned around serenely, and while swishing his tail arrogantly he said "See you around, loser!" only to walk away with tranquility.

No worries, we'll have to have another now that Bane is Keith!

Finally, the intruder left. It was thrilling and exciting that he had had to deal with such unpleasantness at the border, but at the same time it was also a bit unfortunately. He had hoped that the relationship between the pack and their neighbours, insinuated by Raissa before she had joined, had been wrong. However it had proved to be completely truthful.

Blackfeather Woods were just out for blood with anyone they came across. He hated that truth but there was nothing to be done for it. Letting his pack mates know the danger was over, he waited a few more minutes (just to be sure) before heading off and continuing his patrol.