on stranger grounds
qυι¢к αѕ α ѕтяєαм, ∂єєρ αѕ α яινєя
19 Posts
Ooc — Huntfire
[size=x-small]This thread was meant for Bon Dye members. But really, anyone feel free to join in as you please. And my post is a bit vague but I'm working with what I have (using my phone ,-,)![/size]

[size=small]A pelt of dark brown, black-accented fur shifted quietly through the snow-kissed foliage beneath the silhouette's burly paws. Overhead, a bright artisan painted the clouds with hues of pink, orange, purple and linings of yellow. The sun's dimming rays lit up the male's coat in burgundy and silver as he paced away from the flaring ball of gold; hovever, the detailing light made clear of the male's hunger as ribs creeped away from his bulk, putting his need for food on display. He had never been as hungry as he was now. The only thing that drove him these days was food. His stomach bellowed a growl at the deer-tainted scent floating lightly in the wind.

The grounds he crossed belonged to the old Dragon-something pack; he knew this from his years as a yearling, and meeting a rather hostile border patrol...from a safe distance, of course. There were no traces of scent markers to be found, if he had looked, but by now the stench of markings should have chocked him. If this belonged to a pack, they would have no rightful claims to land they couldn't establish. Besides rouges. The male flicked his auditories and paced onwards, his jaw agape to cherry-pick his surroundings.[/size]
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The bear of a wolf moved slowly through the forest, scoping her new lands. She smiled gently in the light rain, a breeze slightly shifting her pelt. The new location felt as if it fit her reformed personality perfectly, whereas Blackfoot Forest seemed to have brought out her darker side. Hawkeye sniffed the humid air with her wet, black nose. Her key-lime eyes flicked to the left, and far-off, she saw movement from a black and silvery wolf. A low growl formed in her throat. The midnight wolf moved forward with determination.

A dozen yards off she stopped and spoke with a light but harsh tone. "What are you doing on my lands, male?" Hawkeye noted that they were the same size, and that his eyes were a brilliant, icy blue.

set by sophie
19 Posts
Ooc — Huntfire
[size=small]He had coasted for a while longer, before a foreign wimd shifted in his own direction. A shadow cast on the terrain a few bounds ahead, and Oracle lifted his head to meet two highlighted green twin pools. The eyes belonged to the large, sizable shadow: an ebony wolf. His ears tensed back slightly at her question. "These lands belong to you?" he started carefully, picking his words in a way that came out defensive but without threat. He paused. If a pack was in the area, he would rather be anywhere else than here at this moment. Tumbling the idea in his head, the male knew there could be no version of the situation where he was wrong... and he was ready to defend his own.

He forced any guard hairs threatning to rise up in anger flatten, straighning his own posture to look calm and composed. Turning his mirrors into the female's own, his voice came out quizzically. "There have been no signs of wolves thus far; you snuck up on me. For all anyone is concerned, this is free land, is it not?"
[/size]
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The male replied with a defensive edge to his voice. He seems to be controlling himself, she thought calmly. It was an admirable trait, but not one she was interested at the moment. She wanted him off of her land; he did not belong here.

"My pack has newly claimed these lands." The raven-colored wolf said with the same defensive tone as he. "And I do no sneak. Sneaking is for the weak." She stood there, solidly, as if expecting him to part ways. This land belonged to her and her pack, and there was no arguing that fact.

set by sophie
19 Posts
Ooc — Huntfire
[size=small]Oracle took in the night wolf's stance. The stranger, who claimed to have rights to the ground he stood on, stood tall and proud with skull heightened and chest out. This alone told him she must have been high up in her own pack; upper class at least. Very strong willed, he could tell already with what little words she had uttered.

The life of a loner he had survived through for what seemed like a moon or two had taken its heavy toll on the young wolf. Physically, Oracle had subsided from his powerful, heavy paced self to a lean-looking outsider; his fur had dulled, probably more from mental stress that outward endurance. The dark symphonies of his old pack's warm howls seemed to seize his thoughts more often than not. This wolf held something his entire essence lusted for: a family. Not a pack of rouges or a one-wolf show; a place were his spirit felt content and a place were he...belonged. He dropped his head respectfully in a nod. For the life of him, he couldn't find witty words to slip from his mouth to challenge her own, but yet was grateful for that alone. One slip and he could be chased from the lands. He was a rouge on pack land.

His left foreleg slipped out in a greeting manner; to him it was a sign of hospitality and invitation. "You say you're apart of a pack..." he began again cautiously, "and are you their Alpha?" Running on assumption alone, it would be highly insulting to call her anything less if she was a leader; contrary, it might flatter the she-wolf if she was of lower hierarchy. He took a step back and lowered his head slightly. I mean no threat, ma'am.
[/size]
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The opposing male showed submission to Hawkeye, something that slightly took her aback; she was still not used to the role of Alpha yet, though she did not show this outwardly. She nodded to the wolf and sat before speaking. "Yes, I am the Alpha. My name is Hawkeye. And yours?" She peered into the male's icy blue eyes and felt a twinge. He seemed as if he was sad and lonely, but it was not something that Hawkeye would assume or voice aloud.

The black wolf licked her nose as a slight wind blew by and awaited his response, inspecting his curious black, silver, and burgundy-colored fur. He was a handsome wolf, and his size and temperament made her think of a calm-minded fighter.

set by sophie
19 Posts
Ooc — Huntfire
[size=small]As he had endeavoured, she - Hawkeye - was Alpha of the new pack that settled the plateau, little to his surprise. Oracle's bushy tail waged slowly as he stated his business. "My name is Oracle, and I appologise for setting paw in your terra, ma'am," the brute's suddenly fluctuating eyes surging with irrational hope. He gazed for a moment into the black fae's eyes before dropping them down to the scenery beyond. Taking a quick breath, he opened his jaws to inquire interest for the true reason for coming here. Nervously, his burly paws scuffed the floor of crisp terrain. "I will leave your lands the moment you say it, but...but if you offer me a place in your pack, I vow that you will never regret it." His ears twitched in their furry sockets, all muscles tensed. I hope I didn't come out too strong. Maybe I should have waited for her invitation. What...what if she says no? Thoughts of doubt stirred within as he waited with full attention at the night wolf's verdict.
[/size]
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye looked into Oracle's blue eyes. He wanted a place in her pack. She examined his figure once more, deciding, yes, it was indeed sturdy. He had his calm temperament still, and there was a hunger in him that she admired. The charcoal female watched the male for a few moments, determining that he would be a nice addition to the pack.

Her large black head bobbed and she spoke. "Oracle, I would like to welcome you as a sigma in the pack. Would you declare yourself as Fireborn, Riverborn, Earthborn, or Windborn? Each element has its own personality traits. Riverborn are true to their word and mediators, Earthborn are stubborn yet passive, and Windborn are forward with their emotions and wanderers. I myself am a Fireborn. Fireborn are driven by their emotions and defenders. Your heart will tell you your path."

set by sophie
19 Posts
Ooc — Huntfire
[size=xx-small]This might be somewhat long. XD[/size]
[size=small]The male lowered his nape and closed his eyes tightly, a wave of joy and relief washing through his frame in soft droplets of heat...like the feeling of a sleeping limb after a long rest in one position. Her next words took him by surprise and he wondered for a heatbeat what his element truly was.

I may be Riverborn. I am loyal and prefer words over teeth. I grew up along the riverside and I have lived off fish most of my life. His cranium averted to the skies, expecting and searching for a sign. He saw none, no cloud in sight to burst into precipitation. Maybe I'm a Windborn, then. I wandered here on my own. He closed his twin pools, waiting for a gust of wind. The air was still. I don't want to be a wanderer, though.

Growing a little concerned, his gaze fell absentmindedly on Hawkeye's black, raven-like canvas. She was a Fireborn. She's also an Alpha. A leader must be attunded to their senses and be dominant by nature. I am neither, put beside her.

The last available placement would be none other than Earthborn. He chuckled. Sure am stubborn. Might as well be-

At that moment, a stricking ray of light poured down on him from above. Darkness crept from the horizon's bounds and blotted the sky and Oracle's claws gripped the ground frantically. His eyes sealed and Earth itself seemed to growl with rage. A harsh hissing noise came from behind the large burgundy wolf and he flipped around, senses sharped and alert. He was no longer in Hawkeye's company, but in a scentless place that was a darker version of the plateau. The ground crumbled away from his paws and he floated in place, his mind a whirlwind of exhiliration, fear and adrenaline. Shock coursed through his veins at the same time, paralyzing the male midair. Still, the only visible thing was the ray shining on his back. His breath came hoarse and quick. He let out an inaudible whimper. The beam of sunlight suddenly intensified, becoming warm, then unpleasant, then searing. A low whimper of agony escaped his lips and his entire coat burst into flames. The feeling of being burnt alive sent the wolf into a frenzied dash into oblivion, searching in vain for relief. His body finally gave out and he began to fall, still concious, struggling to regain control of himself and douse the fire melting his frame. Ice formed from a distance below as his body rushed closer and closer. His eyes grew wide and he tensed in apprehension to collide with the expanse.

A bound away from touching icy bottom, a flash of white fur grazed beneath him and carried him up in its snowy paws. Beautiful wings sprouted from the figure's frame and a burning shell nestled on its back. He lifted his head with great effort to look into a face that belonged to a wolf. The wolf's facial features had dazzling markings of red. The wolf was at least four times as big as his own. But the most striking thing about it was its eyes. He stared into them for a flicker of a moment and saw his own icy blue oracles reflected back. The pain of the fire had ceased as soon as the giant candid had scooped him up in its massive arms. The wolf breathed into his face, a steady stream of blue fire comfortably soaking into his fur to repair the damage of the previous flames. As the last smoldering piece of fur was engulfed by the aqua remedic fire, Oracle was pushed back into reality and stood once more before Hawkeye.

"Fireborn." he breathed and nodded his head once. He knew it well and would not question it further. The strange wolf savior's blue flames still sent shivers down his spine as he waited for his new Alpha's response.
[/size]
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Oracle seemed to have been taken to a different plane after his seemed to consider each role and toss them away. But, when he returned, his mouth parted and he announced that he was a Fireborn. Hawkeye could not help the small smile that formed upon her face. He hadn't thought of him as a wolf of fire upon the inital meeting, but what his heart told him made her chest swell. Not only had she accepted her first "stray" member to the pack, but she also had another Fireborn there. Maybe Oracle would understand who she was as a wolf--not that Pied did not, but the female was her complete opposite.

"I am glad that you have considered this so deeply, Oracle. Welcome to the pack. I will tell the others that you are now a part of us," she spoke with a gentle, authoritative tone. She hoped he would see how great her pack was as she lifted her head to the clouded sky and let out a howl, stating that the new Fireborn was now amongst the ranks.

set by sophie