Rough around the edges (joining)
91 Posts
Ooc —
Oh ..crap; the feeling of an empty stomach pushed her closer to the edge of civilization where the scent of wolves became much stronger. Scent? It was rather a murderous scent that she devoured with much disgust, but it was either that -- or starving to death. The prime instinct of mere survival was stronger than her dislike of common pack life, a lifestyle that she had sworn to say adieu to the moment she left her parents to move off to something much greater. Potential dreams and great ambitions did not energize her body so that she could live another day.

With winter's fierce breath food was hard to come by for any pack but especially lone wolves. She had seen a dead carcass or two for wolves who were too stubborn to accept a pack. Or perhaps they tried and died trying. With a grimacing face of disgust, she momentarily toyed with the idea how she would look like as a dead woman. Then, she wondered if she could haunt everyone just for shits and giggles, she'd be a good jester.

The moment she stood at the borders she ironed her face into a neutral, much more forced-friendly expression. Her tail was forced between her thighs and her head was kept respectfully low -- even if there was no one around. It wouldn't be too long before her scent -- or her stench -- would sweep around the territory. She'd try pack life; if they'd let her in. Who knows, Spectra thought to herself and ended with a funny thought; she might even enjoy it.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Hi

Thistle strode from the den stretching out her legs. Leaning forward her, she stretched out her back, much like a cat would. Licking her muzzle, her breath came out with a soft sigh. Her breath frosty in the cool air.

She looked around hoping to perhaps catch a small morning snack, before her trip around. It was not spring yet, but it was getting warmer slowly. And there were a few more animals out and a bout, than there had been. She sniffed at the ground, and finding nothing, she headed towards the borders.

She took her position seriously, she was extremely pleased to be the leader of the bay. Granted she wished her husband would step back up. However, she was slowly becoming used to it. Soon enough, she might not even notice his absence as leader. He was still among them, just not in a leader capacity. As she walked a smell came to her nose, a new wolf. She increased her speed, a soft growl in her throat. She quieted it as she saw the she wolf standing at their borders, she wasn't across them. She went towards her and stood for a moment. What brings you to our borders? Her tail was up above her back, and her head held high as she stood waiting for an answer.
91 Posts
Ooc —
Spectra had been scavenging around several territories before deciding that the cherry she picked was Stavanger Bay, if she would survive the joining ritual. There wasn't much thought nor theory behind her choice, instead it was simply was a gut feeling that lured her to this place. And if it wouldn't work out, she was happy to go on her way yet again. There was confidence within her choice but no desperation, no crawling through the mud to get in.

So when the gold-painted Alpha arrived, Spectra showed submission and respect, to the leader and the lands stretched in front of her as she adjusted her body posture even more accordingly and averted her eyes away. A part of her wanted to be like a rebel child and answer "Heard there was a party, am I invited?" Instead of being brash and bold, Spectra played her cards safe and answered the Stavanger Bay leader. "I'm looking for a home. I'm not sure why but of all the packs here, a gut feeling led me to here, to you."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had not chosen this area, or more so the former. Not when she had first come along. No, she had merely went to the first pack land on a whim. Mostly because it reminded her of home. She didn't regret that choice, and perhaps something or someone was leading her this way unpurpose.

Thistle dipped her muzzle in greeting. She studied the she wolf in front of her. She was black as Thistle's son Mercury. A pang of longing for her child went through her at the thought. She shrugged it off, he had chosen to try and make his own way. She thought of Gyda again as well, both gone. All that was left was Gunnar. She had some wild fur though, it was a little bit adorable in a strange way. She reminded her a bit of child that had been playing all day. Odinn must have sent you our way. What are you skills? And your name? I am Thistle Cloud Alphess of the bay.
91 Posts
Ooc —
When Thistle Cloud said that Odinn must have sent the black wolf to Stavanger Bay, her eyebrow raised quizzically. Odinn, who? She thought, having never heard of the name neither a dude or dudette who was handing out directions to point this pack. However, the lone wolf decided to remain silent on the matter and let it pass.

There was a series of other questions thrown at her that remained unanswered until now. Yikes, the what benefits could you bring to the pack. Well, Spectra was not an individual who liked to boast about what she could or couldn't do; regardless she had a good idea what she could and also -- what she wanted. "Pleasure, Thistle Cloud. Can I call you Thistle for short?" Spectra said bravely, then added; "My name is Spectra." Then, after a few moments of contemplation, she added;

"I can hunt, guard, play with puppies and all that jazz. But where I really stand out is to become an ambassador, to travel and see things -- be the ears and eyes outside of the pack. Bring home some other newbs. Oh and -- I like to learn more about the weather and follow the cycle of the moon. But don't say that too others, I don't want to appear as a nerd; I still have a lot to learn before I go pro." Ahh, the ramblings of a yearling; perhaps she really did want to proof what she was capable off.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle chuckled at the eyebrow raise. He’s a Vikings’ god. My husband and I are Vikings. Though we do not expect those beneath us to follow it. Unless they wish. She was not upset about who she followed or why. Granted her loyalties laid with Freya and Frigg, rather than Odin. But her husband believed Odin controlled everything.

Thistle nodded her head, Yes you may. Well met Spectra. She dipped her muzzle in greeting, another young wolf to add to their ranks. Though still an adult. She shifted and waited silently and patiently for the girl to give her a list of her qualifications so to speak.

Thistle listened, that is good we are need of hunters, there will be new puppies in spring. She planned on having her own litter, as soon as she could. Her own season would be coming soon actually in mere days or weeks, depending on when her body decided to dip into overdrive. Mm you should speak to my husband Ragnar. He is the resident outrider, he is our ambassador. He could probably give you a mission. I will not say anything to anyone, though Charon one of our foster sons. He is also an aspiring naturalist, perhaps you and he could learn together? I am also a healer. So I can help you with plants that heal, and harm. She chuckled quietly at the girl.

Do you come from far away Spectra? And will any family or friends be following you? Or enemies? I merely ask because I would like to be prepared.
91 Posts
Ooc —
What's a god? Spectra wanted to ask because she knew nothing about religion. What's a Viking? A second question popped up inside her mind but once more she decided to be silent. She was joining a pack and she was definitely open-minded to learn the pack's culture and tradition; even if it wasn't her own by origin. As long as their values would be close to her own, things would be alright. The Alpha said that nobody was forced to follow this "god"; and she was happy and appreciate to learn there was a choice in the matter.

When Thistle Cloud spoke about puppies, she didn't breathe for a moment; as a yearling she did like puppies but newborns ..not so much. Because of a black page in her past or because of obvious jealousy. Though, maybe things would be different here. Though, Spectra might not apply as pup-sitter really soon, unless Stavanger Bay wanted her to really sit on pups; as the job description would say.

"In search of Ragnar, check!" Spectra gleefully stated while wondering out loud; did this mean she was accepted? Was this her first mission? "I already met Charon, he's a nice fellow. The other day we were swimming." Finally she dipped her head with plants and healing; good thing that the pack already had much knowledge and experience. She could learn a lot here. When Thistle Cloud spoke of her past, Spectra should her head. "No ghosts from the past will come to haunt me here in the present. Impossible!" And with that said and done, her golden eyes wondered if she would get her 'accepted stamp' written all over her forehead?
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle would have gladly answered as best she could any of the questions the girl had stirring through her mind. Since she did not know of them though, she could not offer her the knowledge. Ragnar would not force anyone to follow his religion, not even her or the children. He had taught them and then let them decide.

Thistle did not expect anyone to care for the babes that she would have until they were older. She herself was a caretaker and could certainly provide what was needed to care for them. She had raised her own three, and took care of two more. So it was not a hardship for her.

Thistle smiled Charon is indeed a nice fellow. I am glad you already met him. Thistle nodded her head and then spoke softly. Well then Welcome to the bay Spectra. Do you have any questions before I give you a tour?
91 Posts
Ooc —
Thank-you <3 Feel free to fade out here.

---

Thisle Cloud was a patient and nurturing Alpha, she was willingly to answer all of the questions that floated in her own mind. Still, it appeared that the moment wasn't right. The entire joining progress was a very daunting, exciting yet at the same time scary experience. She just wanted it to be over even if it went quite alright. When Thistle gave the green light that she was accepted and actually said welcome, her leathery lips sighed of relief and turned into a small. Her tail gave a small wag.

"Yeah, what's my rank?" After all, how was she supposed to introduce herself other than 'fresh meat', 'rookie' or 'newbie'; although newbie sounded kind of cute. Carefully she allowed her eyes to glide a little upwards to the scenery of the Bay. Hello new home, Spectra thought to herself and eagerly awaited the tour.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle returned the tail wag. Happy to be bolstering their ranks. Especially with the promise of youthful endeavors. If the girl stayed and made a good member, they would be well on their way to being great.

Thistle chuckled, Iota will be your rank. Come along I'll give you that tour. Thistle turned and trotted towards the innermost territory. She would show her what she could. Then return to the borders for another patrol. It was good to have new members, but the borders still needed tending.