the lay of our love - M
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
@Thistle Cloud Too excited about RagnarxThistle puppies to wait for this thread, lol. I made some assumptions about Thistle going into heat. *whispers* Feel free to slap me if I'm too impatient, lol. Also, I forgot how possessive Ragnar can be at times, lol. Caution there may be MATURE material ahead. :-)

<style type="text/css"> r3 {color:#8c5f2e; font-size: 10px;} .r3box {background-color: #100b08; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/w4ULLAJ.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border: 1px solid #261615;} .r3text {margin: auto; width: 380px; color:#53342c; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 740px; margin-top: 20px;}</style>

There was a part of Ragnar that reveled in the lack of stress that came along with stepping down from Jarl, though he largely operated outside of his pack's own hierarchy, as he had warned Thistle he would. Ragnar Lodbrok would not show submission to the wolves he had once led, nor any of the new ones regardless if they were of a higher rank than himself. He took liberties as the once Jarl and the Patriarch of Stavanger Bay. He kept the borders free of those that would trespass and spent large quantities of time hunting by himself, keeping the caches well kept after. Though Thistle had stated to him, several times, that she had never wished to be a sole leader, that she'd never had the desire to lead in the first place it was fun watching his Queen wife adjust to her role with nothing short of grace and the fire and fury of a true Shield-maiden. Ragnar's pride in Thistle's accomplishments swelled within his chest, and he enjoyed watching her grow into the woman he had always known she was, even when he'd first met her, young and innocent as she'd been. Whether she saw it or not, since agreeing to be his wife she had changed. She'd taken to the Viking ways like a fish took to water, which was likely, largely at Ragnar's own influence.

Ragnar stirred from a half sleep, blinking his singular eye, before shutting it as he yawned and peeked it open slowly, squinting against the sunlight that filtered in through the den he shared with his Queen wife. He stretched as much as the enclosed space might allow him, black leathery nostrils flaring as the enticing scent that had roused him from his deep slumber slowly began to register in his awakening mind. He would have slept longer if not for the intoxicating scent that was suddenly flooding his senses until he could think of nothing else. It awoke a deep hunger within the scarred Northman, but not one that any food could sate.

The last time he'd been around a woman in heat it'd been Nerian and it had taken every ounce of self restraint he had not to take her, especially when she'd rubbed herself against him, mixing their scents until Ragnar had trouble telling where his ended and hers began. Somehow Ragnar had resisted; but this time...this time he did not have to deny himself anything. He left the den and loped after the trail, following it easily to her meadow, where she'd said was one of the places she would be secluding herself too during her heat cycle. This year it would be his seed that took, it would be his children that grew within her swelling womb no questions, and now that she had gone into it Ragnar had no intentions of leaving her, or letting anyone else near her, especially since Stavanger Bay was largely populated by males. If anyone other man dared to come near her, the exception being their son, of course, Ragnar would literally tear into them. He would attack them, members or not, without questions or any provocation beyond that. Thistle was his, the sweet perfume that was slowly beginning to drive him mad as his skin flushed with his desire for her, was for him only, and he did not intend to waver from that.

I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]Is okay with me :D[/size]

Thistle allowed her husband much, even though he had stepped down. She supposed it wasn’t fair to those who were above him. She however couldn’t control how he acted. Did not want to for that matter. As far as she was concerned, he was the leader. He had stepped down. She hoped he’d step up soon enough. Especially once she became large and robust from carrying babies. He continued to do everything he had done. He patrolled the borders and kept the caches full. Gunnar and Charon were helping with the caches in their own way as well. She was extremely pleased with the way the bay was growing again. Happy and content were her two feelings as of late.

Thistle had awoken in the early morning light determined to patrol the borders. She had felt different as she woke up. It was a difference she couldn’t quite place, while sleep still hazed her mind. It had slowly dawned on her when her own scent reached her nostrils and they flared. Shifting she craned her neck behind her, yes there it was the tell tale sign of a woman. Her own unique scent flowed from within and she had stood swiftly and left the den. Not to stay away from Ragnar, but because it wasn’t just him alone that held residence.

Thistle was actually pleased that she would not have to share Ragnar at this point. Because frankly for awhile, she was concerned she would not have a second litter. That Nerian would have his children first, and it had rubbed her the wrong way. Thistle still fully believed he loved Nerian more than she. And if the quiet she wolf were to come back, despite what Ragnar might say, he would allow her back. She sighed and continued on towards the meadow.

She was actually digging in the dirt, when she heard footfalls. Turning with a slight snarl on her face, she relaxed when she saw it was Ragnar. She wagged her tail, oblivious for the moment that it wafted the smell further. AS she caught it, she stopped moving. She did however give him a smile and her blue eyes lit up. Hello Dearheart.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
In the interest of keeping this moving relatively quickly (since it's plot centered) I'm going to try to reply daily. :-) And since technically I started this thread on the first I'm going to say you don't have to wait until it's finished (b/c I'm so slow) to start counting/playing it like the symptoms of pregnancy, etc since technically they conceived on the first of Feb. xD :P And because: yay puppies. [size=-3]I can't wait to play Jorunn[/size].

Though Ragnar was initially perplexed when he approached Thistle's favored clearing to find his Queen wife digging what appeared to be furiously in the dirt — for what purpose he did not know — he let it go for the sake of much more important things taken the precedent of his mind. She had turned, taken with surprise at his approach, the snarl that had briefly been upon her face though no sound had spilled forth from her before it had registered that it was only he. Ragnar did not bother to hide the smirk that tugged at the edges of his lips, coy and sly as he studied her heavily with his singular eye. Until she had realized that it was him, Ragnar might have went so far as to say she looked like she intended to murder, which pleased the Jarl Northman immensely. It meant that she would allow no other near her, though Ragnar, himself, had no intentions of letting anyone else near her, either. Thistle,” The Viking purled her name, ghosting forward a step as her tail wagged, fanning her scent , already overpowering, even more, luring him closer without much (if any) resistance from Ragnar.

Her tail ceased it's movement when, Ragnar assumed, she realized what she was doing but the Viking was half tempted to ask her not to stop. Her body was ready to conceive and it was screaming it at him. If Ragnar had believed in such things he might have said that she was like his personal siren and that he wanted nothing to plunge and drown in the depths of the darkened seas if it meant he could breach the distance and ensure that by the end of the day they had conceived children. Their children — children born of his seed and no one else's. The prospect filled his mind like an obsession, and given the hormones that were pouring out of his beloved made it harder still to ignore.

A guttural noise of yearning left the scarred Northman's lips as he drew nearer still, not stopping until his nose touched her cheek. His weight shifted uncomfortably at the impatience of his body and while the Viking was nothing short of a savage: savage leader, savage father, savage lover, he, at the same time, wanted to make sure that she wanted him as badly as he did her. Nerian had thrown herself at him as soon as she noticed him while Thistle had taken a, thus far, much more reserved demeanor and it was driving him mad. He trailed sultry kisses down her cheek, down to her throat where he nipped playfully, eager to move and slowly trailed the side of his body along hers as he made to circle her, rubbing their scents together with clear intention.

"It is time," He breathed pausing to press his nose against the outside of her thigh, inhaling deeply, another guttural noise rumbling contentedly and impatiently in his throat.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle didn’t plan on letting anyone near her other than Ragnar. She had given into the madness of her heat season one time, and she would not do so again. She would fight tooth and nail whomever dared to try that wasn’t her husband. She saw him smirk and imagined it most likely pleased him that she was intent on harming any other suitors. Thistle let loose a small playful growl as his name left her lips. She wanted to run and chase, but she controlled herself. There was a playfulness to her now, one that had not been present for some time. An excited frenzy that was apparent in the tilt of her jaw, and the flashing of her eyes.

Thistle shifted and couldn’t stop the tail wag from coming forth again. Thistle returned the note of yearning with her own frenzied whine. Thistle turned and nipped playfully at the scruff of his neck, when he reached her cheek. Another whine left her muzzle to join those already deplete in the air. Had she known he had thought of Nerian, it probably would have been a serious mood killer, and affirmed dark thoughts already present. But she didn’t so she continued on in a blissful unawareness. Thistle growled softly again at his advances down her throat and side. It was not in contempt though, but rather a feral noise of enjoyment. The haze of her instincts were starting to ply her incoherent.

Thistle shifted at the press of his nose against her thigh and nipped at the side nearer her. She tilted her tail to the side. Trailing her muzzle alongside him, she nipped and preened and licked where she could. A soft noise in her throat.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar supposed that heat seasons differed depending on the woman — Nerian had been little more than outright desperate whilst Thistle appeared to be more playful. The only problem was that Ragnar had no intentions of playing. Though his Queen Wife would be in heat for the next couple of days Ragnar did not want to lose any chance he got to stake his claim, he supposed. The hormones surging through her might have made her playful they drove him wild as the perfume consumed him, flooding every sense that Ragnar had until there was nothing else but the carnal desire. It should have been disturbing to him, how easily he was obsessed with it, with the idea of planting his seed and seeing her grow round with his children (known for sure this time), until there was nothing else. Nothing was more important to him in that moment — not the state of the Bay, not the borders, nothing.

There was a small part of Ragnar that knew if he was standing there comparing their heat seasons, fresh as they were, Thistle would have not been pleased; but thankfully she was not able to read his mind, despite that he was not thinking of Nerian for any purpose other than what it was: to study how different women reacted to it. Ragnar had meant what he'd told Thistle: Nerian was never welcome in the Bay again and though the Viking did not share this particular piece with his Queen Wife, he had came to terms with the conclusion that if he ever saw the Priestess again that he would kill her. Whatever he had felt for Nerian had died the instant she abandoned them and betrayed him. Lied to him; and now he felt nothing at all other than the desire to snuff out her life.

Ragnar tucked those thoughts away, however, in favor of the sultry haze that was overtaking him, in the presence of Thistle. He felt Thistle nip and lick the parts of her body that she could reach before he slid away from the reach of her muzzle, rounding to stop when he was behind her. The urge to mount her was strong, so close to the source of the delicious smell she was emitting, though it appeared to him to come from every pour of her body; though Ragnar resisted. Her tail remained in his way and he fixed the back of her head in his singular eye as he pressed his chest against her rump, nipping lightly at the junction where her tail met her spine, curious as if to she would continue to tease him or if she would allow him what he wanted (and what he suspected she wanted too?).

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle did not know why she was more playful than desperate. Perhaps it was because she could have him anytime she wanted. Anyway she wanted, and she knew that. She knew too that his patience was probably thin, with her playful antics. For that reason, she didn’t plan on denying him what he really wanted. What she wanted too, if she thought about it. He was a bit obsessive with having his own children, he always had been. But who was she to judge? He had been promised by his god? So why shouldn’t he be obsessed with a promise made my an otherworldly being?

Thistle truth be told would not have been upset with her husband playing judge and jury. She may have felt a twinge of guilt for that thought at first. But then it would have left. She had liked Nerian she supposed, but the simple thing was. She was her competition. She had threatened to take everything away from Thistle. And that was something that Thistle couldn’t, forgive so easily. Though she wouldn’t kill her for it, and they could probably be friends. As long as she was far, far away from her husband.

Thistle growled softly when Ragnar left her reach. But she quieted it as his chest met her rear. Shifting playfully she pressed against him for a moment. Emitting a low whine, she shifted her paws and lifted her tail. By now the fervor was all she could think about. And the need was a large one. All she heard was the rushing of her blood in her ears, as she waited rather impatiently.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I was going to try to get this to 10 posts before I faded to black but lol, that isn't happening. xD Edit. I guess we could have a couple "after fade to black" posts to get it to that point though, if you're up for it...I know I've been very slow with Ragnar. xD

Thistle's growl as he placed distance between the heat of their bodies brought a slow, arrogant smirk to the Viking's lips, not caring if she saw it or not. It was the most obvious statement of her displeasure at the rush of cool air that had risen between the two of them. It kissed at his scars, at his empty eye socket bringing with it a sickeningly sweet feeling that he was quick to put down. Her growl had become muted the moment she felt his chest flush with her backside. He shifted his weight as he felt the force of her body as she pushed back against him, impatient, demanding; Ragnar loved it. For a moment, ignoring the low whine that left his Queen's lips as her tail moved aside for him, he simply admired her. She was beautiful to him, the potential that he had seen within her when he had first met her having finally came to it's full. She had reached and excelled her potential. She was a shieldmaiden true now, a Queen, and the mother of his children and Ragnar would not have it any other way. Even if his attention was fickle it was she that was the true love of his life and no one could question it. Something pretty might catch the Viking's eye, sure, but it was always Thistle that he would return to. It went beyond simply love; he adored her, worshiped her. There was no one in the world he trusted more. These things he could never convey with words, for the Northman was hardly the romantic type, and even if he did he felt she was inclined to disbelieve him.

Eye of caribbean blue took her in hungrily, then, his thoughts broken by the impatient shift of her weight. He had kept her waiting long enough.

FADE TO BLACK.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]I'm cool with continuing if you like.[/size]

As always their bodies joined perfectly, and they joined each other in the age old dance of mateship. Panting softly after it was all done, they separated. Laying down and curling gently, she looked up at him, content and happy. Azure eyes studying his face, she would probably want to try again in a little while, but for now she was perfectly okay with just laying there, catching her breath.

She lay her head gently across her paws and looked up at him. What would you like to name these children Ragnar? Have you thought of names for your many sons? She had no doubt in her mind, that he would come up with wonderful names. She had even thought of a few that she liked. She wondered at them and smiled softly up at him, waiting quietly.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Since this thread is pretty old I'm going to have this be my last post and say we can wrap it up & archive it with yours? :-)

For the moment the Viking was satisfied. His desires were sated and equally soothed by the confirmation that his sons would soon occupy her womb. Of course he doubted that they were, by any measure, finished for she would be in heat for a few more days to come and certainty he suspected they would take advantage to do absolutely ensure that she was pregnant. For now, the Northman was self-complacent with the feeling of content that had came to settle over him as his lover panted softly against him. Her question caused his scarred ears to thrust forth atop his skull, catching the sound of her voice as it lulled against the serenity of her favored clearing, adding to the tranquility of the area. “Floki, I think for one,” A homage to a dear friend that Ragnar had resolved himself to never seeing again. “And Jorunn Eitri for my second boy to name.” Unlike with his friend Ragnar could not bring himself to outright name a son Eitri, instead favoring something rare for his ilk: a second name. He never understood the need – still didn't but it sounded right to him and so it was on that basis alone that Ragnar went with it.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened and she hummed softly, those were good names, strong names. She tilted her head and a huge yawn split her maw. She looked at him, through slatted eyes. I like those names. I like the name Kaylan and Ragna for a girl. I know they are not usual, but i like them anyway. Her eyes began to droop and another yawn split her mouth, and she dipped her muzzle down. She couldn't speak, far to tired. A slow even breathing took place, and she drifted off into dreamland.