Duskfire Glacier Take Off to the Great White North
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
After a long day of travel, Koda stood just beyond the border of Duskfire Glacier. In light of how pissed off everyone was with him, he'd decided to lay low for a bit until it blew over. Maybe give them some time to think about how right he was. Strange how in this time of trouble, he decided to seek out his friend Scarlett. He just knew her cheerful nature would lift him up. Normally, that would be up to his mate, but he was sure Kesuk was as angry with him as the others. He wanted to see someone who didn't want to tear a strip off him. He had made it all the way here, now to find her.

He began to pace around in circles as he practiced what he would say to her once she appeared. "Hey Scarlett, it's Koda, remember me..." He stopped abruptly and his voice trailed off as an intrusive thought barged into his head. "What if she doesn't remember me, and she thinks I'm a creepy stalker guy," he wondered aloud, feeling suddenly anxious. How awkward would that be, not to mention damaging to his already frail ego.

Koda shook the troubling thought aside. "No way she could forget after what we went through," he assured himself. He resumed his pacing and musing, and then another worry bubbled to the surface. "What if someone else answers, and they're not friendly," he said worriedly. The ways in which this could all go wrong seemed endless. Koda glanced around, as if expecting someone to appear and confront him. He stood still for several minutes, seriously thinking about just turning around and leaving.

"Arg, be a man, just call her," he ordered himself. The gray wolf straightened up, took a
deep breath, raised his muzzle to the sky... And wussed out. "What am I doing," he asked himself. What would Kesuk think if she found out he'd wandered off to visit another female. Would she believe him when he told her he'd just wanted a friend?

With a sigh, he decided to stop torturing himself. Kesuk would understand. He threw his head back and howled for @Scarlett, hoping she was in the mood for company.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Ohhh. What if Kesuk found out >D

The albino female was tightly curled around Adlartok in her den. Although, it was almost more like their den now. Ever since she took the youngster in after being attacked Scarlett realized they bonded more. Figures, since she basically saved the young grey's life. She was a very dedicated worker and caretaker. Yet, Scarlett wished that the attack never happened. She felt back for Ad and how badly injured he was. For now, Scarlett made sure that her body heat kept the other extra warm.

The pale female blinked awake when she heard a howl. The pitch wasn't familiar to her but it was directed towards her? Scarlett gently removed herself from the den. As she got outside she shook out her fur and went towards the howl. She howled in response that she was on her way. Although, she was curious who it was. Her eagerness to know made her go into a faster trot. Once she came closer to the border she realized she did know the wolf in question. Her first hero of Teekon. Koda. Her tail wagged as she approached.

It was good to see him. It was almost more than 2 months she had seen the guy. Scarlett had met his mate though, so she knew he was okay. "Koda! Such a surprise! Are you well?," she greeted him with a smile on her lips. Scarlett was still the kind hearted female, beaming her rays of sunshine everywhere. She trotted over the border towards the male, her tail wagging more feverishly. "How good to see you!," she barked happily.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
I dunno! Lol, he hasn't done anything too bad, yet xD

In the stillness that followed, Koda heard a call of acknowledgement from within Duskfire territory. He thought he recognized the voice, but it had been a while since he'd seen Scarlett, so he couldn't be sure. He wasn't kept wondering for long, however, as the owner of the voice soon appeared before him. The white she-wolf moved toward him with a spring in her step and a smile on her lips. Koda wagged his tail in a friendly manner as she drew close.

"Hi Scarlett," he greeted, happy and relieved that she remembered him. After several weeks apart, Koda could already see a change in his friend. She seemed more confident than she had the first time they'd met. But she was still just as kind and cheery as he remembered.

"I've been well," He said, which wasn't entirely true, but he wouldn't say much more than that. "I was feelings a little restless, so I thought I'd do some sight-seeing," he went on. He'd been wanting to make the trip for a while, and now he finally had a good reason. He wasn't fitting in with the plateau, perhaps the glacier would be a better fit. Kesuk loved the mountains anyway, right?

"So this is where you live, huh," he said, looking past the she-wolf at the snow-capped peak looming above. It didn't seem like the most hospitable place, but he'd gladly brave the cold if it meant he didn't have to put up with any more spoiled brats. "Do you guys have visiting hours?" He asked playfully. He didn't expect to be allowed into another pack's lands, but he figured it couldn't hurt to ask. He was hoping to see the glacier a little closer up.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
omg I would love for them to join DFG! :D And Duskfire is not that bad! See we have a map now! *bribes*

Scarlett's tail wagged more eagerly when she walked closer to the male that saved her from the band of coyotes. She never told Kesuk that happened. Only that she had met Koda. She wouldn't want to cause trouble between the cute couple. Plus the injuries were not that extensive. Scarlett had long been healed. It made her realize how important being in a pack was. A group is stronger than one by themselves.

Scarlett had grown more at home at the glacier. Especially since not only the wolves of her pack but also loners and other wolves accepted how she looked. Her life was so much better now. She loved it. "Good to hear. Your mate told me you've been well. So I was a bit up to date with your well being," she assured. When she had been close at Blacktail Deer Plateau she met a very pregnant Blue Willow. She wondered if everything had been going okay for her and her new babies.

"Oh well the Glacier is perfect for that! You have the greatest look out point. I could walk with you around the border to the peak if you want to? I can't let you on the glacier itself. I'm sorry. I wish you could see the inside territory. It is not as bad as is looks from the outside!," she chuckled. It was true. They had a beautiful big lake that supported their whole little ecosystem, lush forests and a meadow with pink flowers. On top of that they also had the Glacier with the curious Ice Grotto.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
that map is so cute :) definitely a plus, lol

Koda's ears perked up in surprise when Scarlett mentioned she'd met his mate. "You met Kesuk?" He asked. His mate hadn't mentioned meeting Scarlett. "Did she tell you any stories about me?" He said with a laugh. He was a little embarrassed knowing two girls were talking about him.

Scarlett confirmed that strangers weren't allowed on glacier turf. "Aw," Koda stuck out his lower lip and lowered his ears sadly. Maybe if he gave Scarlett his cutest pouty face, she'd change her mind. "Hah, just joking," he said after a moment. "I'd love to see the peak with you."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Riiight!! Sooo proud of it! :D

Scarlett chuckled in return. "Oh yes. We talked lots about you," she teased immediately. The girl laughed softly and flickered her tail. Which was now in a higher neutral stance. "I asked how you two met etc," she then explained to not have him too worried. It was a really nice chat actually. She really liked Kesuk. The chocolate female even helped her search for Néa, who was still missing.

Scarlett almost felt bad seeing Koda's master pout and his puppy eyes. She almost caved in but then stood her ground. "If I would have been alpha I might let you, but, since I am not... I can't let you on Duskfire grounds. But you will be close to the border so that is almost being in it!" Scarlett then grinned and motioned him to follow her. She walked close to the border towards Duskfire Lookout since it was closer than the other one.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Koda obediently fell into step with Scarlett as she led him toward the mountain top. "I've never been mountain climbing before," he told her as they started up the rocky slope. He made sure to keep his pace slow, just in case Scarlett needed his help.

As they trudged up the rocky mountain path, Koda occasionally paused to admire the breathtaking mountain scenery. From the high ground he could see into the Duskfire territory, quickly spotting the shimmering lake encircled by a vast evergreen forest. He pictured himself fishing the mountain lake, pulling a monster fish from the sparkling water while Kesuk looked on, cheering. He grinned at Scarlett. "You're right, it's really beautiful here." He said. He became quiet again, saddened that his mate wasn't here to enjoy the sights with him. She was probably still angry with him.

The path was interrupted by a very inconveniently placed boulder, probably brought down by a rock slide. There was no way around, they'd have to climb over. Thinking quickly, Koda trotted ahead and lowered his body to the ground. "Go ahead, I'll boost you up," he said. "Don't worry, I won't let you fall."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett went in a calm trotting pace up the slope next to Koda. The male was far larger than her but she could manage to keep the same pace as him. "How on earth did you get to get to Duskfire then?,' Scarlett wondered, lightly amused. There was a while Mountain range crossing Treekon, unless the male went around it by the coast. But that would be the longer route to go. "But yes, these are the real mountains." They quickly made some real good ground, slowly the territory came more into vision. Scarlett was very pleased with the duskfire lands.

Scarlett turned to him with a smile. "It really is. It also is really quiet. Not a lot of strangers here," she hummed, somehow that comforted the female. Only when people came howling at their doorstep it was to join or a friend that came to visit like Koda. Other than that the Duskfire pack was pretty isolated from all the drama. No, we create our own drama, Scarlett thought. The pale female watched Koda move forward, seeing that rock. She forgot about it. Normally she would come from the other way and just jump off this one. It took some skill to land right.

Scarlett watched the male lower himself and blinked. She was indeed smaller but she wasn't sure of the male's intentions. Did he wanted her to use him as a little step up to the rock or? "And how will you get up then?," the female kindly wondered. Her red eyes studied the formation. "Are you sure?," The female asked with a light frown. Eventually she did what Koda wanted from her and managed to get upon the rock with minimal effort. Scarlett gave Koda some space to land on he rock but stayed close if he needed any help.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Indeed, Koda had gone around the coast, bypassing the treacherous mountains. "I like the taking the scenic route," he explained. Truthfully, he was a little scared to venture into the mountains on his own. What if he got trapped under some falling rocks, and there was no one around to get him out? What if no one ever found out what happened to him, and he left Kesuk to think he'd just run off on her? He couldn't bear the thought of letting such a thing happen.

He listened as Scarlett talked a little about life at the glacier, mentioning that it was usually pretty quiet. "I like the sound of that," he said. There was so much drama back at the plateau, all the time. He was tired of it. He was a simple guy, and just wanted to hunt and eat and chill with his pack mates and call it a day.

Once Scarlett had cleared the rock, with appropriate grace, Koda tried to follow. He couldn't jump to the top, like Scarlett, so he tried to climb up. "Don't worry, I can manage," he said. It was going pretty well, if a little slow, until his foothold gave way and he was stuck, unable to climb up or down.

"Help," he squeaked pitifully.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett wanted to grab Koda's scruff but it was too late to really grab him. The white furred female leaned forward with her surefooted feet. She walked daily on the slippery glacier. This rock was far easier to have grip on. The female leaned more forward and then reached for Koda's scruff. It wouldn't be too painful for him to be pulled on it. Scarlett made sure to grab a good part of his scruff, not just a bit of skin. "C'wmmonww," she mumbled with his scruff between her teeth. She moved her weight, as far she had some, on her hind legs and pulled with all her might.

Surely Koda would know that he had to use his paws to climb up, the smaller female couldn't drag him up on her own. Scarlett gave a little extra power to help him over the edge. This was so exciting! She really helped someone! Scarlett nosed through his fur if she had hurt Koda. To check this Scarlett had her front paws thrown over his back, this was far from her being more dominant than Koda she just wanted to check upon him. The male was a bit bigger than her. "Are you okay?," she asked.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Scarlett firmly but gently grasped his scruff in her jaws and pulled him up as he pushed from below. With an extra strong pull from Scarlett, Koda was able to climb over the obstacle. "Thank you," he said, a little embarrassed at his lack of rock climbing ability.

Once he was over, Scarlett hopped up on his back so she could get a look at his neck. She seemed to be worried she'd hurt him during the process. He knew it was mean, but he couldn't help but bug her a little.

"Oh my neck, it hurts so bad," he groaned playfully. He wiggled out from under Scarlett, and put his legs over her back as she had done to him. "And my paws hurt too...I think you'll have to carry me."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett immediately felt bad for hurting her friend. She instantly got off her back and flattened her ears in sadness. She didn't saw any wounds that would hurt him though. Maybe she had pulled on a muscle and that was what was hurting the male. Oh dear. Now Kesuk was going to be mad at her. "I'm sorry, Koda," she whispered. "I didn't mean to.. I --"

Then the male leaned on her. His heavier weight on her back instantly made her flush. If Koda only did a quarter turn they would be in a very different position. "Oh. You are joking," she then realized and moved from under him. The female instantly looked a bit more timid. Koda mounting her sideways was only a playful act. Stop being so awkward about it, she thought. "Are you okay though?"
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Koda heard the sadness in her voice, and felt instantly guilty. He dropped the play act and became serious again. "Yeah, I'm okay," he said with a reassuring smile. "Sorry, I was just bugging you," he apologized.

He noticed the change in her demeanor and began to wonder if he'd taken his playing around too far. "Sorry if I got a little carried away," he said, concerned.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett looked at Koda and then shook her head. "No no. I- I'm sorry!," she instantly replied. A soft smile tugged on her lips. "I thought I really did hurt you but since you were joking it is fine. Be careful because now I am tempted to push you of that rock." Now Scarlett was the one that was joking. Her light body then moved up the slope. She then looked over her shoulder to see if Koda was following her.

At a light pace she climbed up until they reached the look out point. It always left her breathless how beautiful the sight was.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
"Eeek," Koda squeaked in playful fear and stepped away from the rock, as if Scarlett would follow through on her threat. He was relieved she wasn't upset with him, and he was actually quite amused at her sense of humor. He followed the snow wolf as she continued to lead him further up the rocky trail. It was smooth sailing, and they soon reached the mountain top.

The gray wolf stared down at the world below his feet. From here, the great lake looked like a big puddle and the tall pines that embraced it were like thin twigs. The height actually made him a little dizzy, and he stepped back from the edge for fear of falling.

"Wow," he said breathlessly, sitting down. "This must be what it feels like to be a bird," he remarked. He grinned at Scarlett. "Thank you for showing me this."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was back to laughing too when Koda played to be scared. Once they reached the top Scarlett sat down and inhaled the fresh air. Her red eyed preened into the skies rather than the world below her. She turned to Koda when he spoke. "Scared of heights?," she teased. "It is really beautiful." Scarlett loved to come here and look over their home. She also liked to study the weather up here.

"Over there is the glacier," she pointed out with his muzzle. The white formation of snow with his rugged ridges. "And she that big crack down by the lake? It is the entrance to an ice grotto! I haven't explored it yet since it is a bit scary. The ice moves constantly!"
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Koda followed her gaze to the ice cave on the far side of the lake. She seemed interested in it, but he didn't like the look of it at all. He thought it looked like a hungry mouth waiting to swallow up anyone who dared to enter.

"That sounds dangerous," he observed. He knew Kesuk probably wouldn't be able to resist the lure of such a place, being as adventurous as she was. He feared for her when she left on her outrider missions, knowing the world was filled with dangers like the ice cave. Not to mention other males, who might try to hurt her or steal her from him.

Koda's mind was a swirling cloud of troubled thoughts. What was the point of an outrider, anyway? How could she serve the pack when she was away from home? Why wouldn't she let him take care of her? Was he not enough, was that why she always wandered away?

"Scarlett, can I talk to you about something?" He asked hesitantly, fearing the reaction he would receive from another woman.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett chuckled softly. "It probably is," the pale woman chuckled. She never entered it herself to be honest. She had other things to do and she didn't want to be trapped under the ice. Her red eyes fell on Koda as he looked down. Scarlett returned her gaze to the beautiful Glacier. She could look at it for a long time and still not get bored with the lovely sight.

Scarlett's head turned to face Koda once he sounded so serious. Now her whole body turned towards the male. She bobbed her head courtly. "Of course Koda," she hummed. "You can share everything with me. I won't tell anyone," she returned. "Is something wrong?"
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
He had her attention, now to explain himself without sounding like an ass. Easier said than done, especially with such a touchy subject.

He got to the point right away. "Basically, I feel like hunting is a man's job," he told her. He didn't go into the details of how he had come to feel this way. He didn't think Scarlett wanted to hear his life story. "And now Kesuk, and everyone else, thinks I'm a jerk."

"I don't think women are lesser than men, but I have given everyone that impression," he went on, though it was probably pointless to try and explain himself now. "I just don't think we're good at the same things."

'Hm, maybe I shouldn't have brought this up on top of a mountain,' he thought as he pictured Scarlett shoving him off.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I chuckled at that last part xD

Scarlett listened with interest and then frowned lightly. She didn't judge him for his thoughts though. "I don't know if that is the complete truth," she chuckled lightly. "But. I mean when Kesuk is having your babies you are definitely the main provider for those babies," Scarlett explained. Koda would have to make sure Kesuk was fed because she wouldn't be able to leave the den for 2 weeks.

"You are not a jerk Koda, far from. I think before it was really like that, but these are the modern times. I recently became a gamekeeper too," she explained. She shrugged lightly and then smiled at him. "Everyone his own believes, right? I do wonder how you came to believe this."
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Scarlett too disagreed with him, but at least she had done so without making him feel like a monster. She expressed interest in how he'd come to think this way. It had been ingrained in him for so long, Koda's couldn't remember when he'd started forming and shaping his opinions.

"Well, that's how things were back home," he said, back home being the pack in which he was born and raised. Growing up, he'd often clashed with his elders over the seeming unfairness of their traditions. Now that he was grown and on his own, he missed the structure and stability the rigid roles had given his life. Back home, there was rarely any fighting over responsibilities because everyone, male or female, knew their part to play. The plateau pack was a chaotic mess most of the time. Koda believed this was due mostly to the lack of rules. Everyone was allowed to just do whatever they felt like, even ditch the pack at a moment's notice to run off and start a life with a new mate and leave your ex's bratty children behind. Peregrine.

"Before I came here, I didn't know the rest of the world was so different," he said. "And now I feel like I don't belong, and I want to go home." He knew this wasn't an option for him, however. His father would kill him before he let him come crawling back with his tail between his legs.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Koda reminds me of the TLC show 'Breaking Amish' lol xD

Scarlett nodded softly. It was often that wolves learned certain aspects of a pack without them knowing that others might be different. Scarlett also had that revelation when she changed her life around. Her life was different from Koda's. She didn't miss her old life. The pale female gave him a friendly nudge. "Often the things you learn from your old pack are the hardest to break," Scarlett nodded softly.

"Don't worry Koda. You will find your home. Maybe BDP isn't the one for you? You shouldn't feel bad. Maybe you just need to explain to Kesuk you didn't mean any harm with your words. I could help too if you wish?" Scarlett wouldn't mind to help two friends with counseling. Especially not a good friend like Koda. She was certain things would be okay with Kesuk and Koda.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
wanna wrap this one up?

"Don't worry Koda. You will find your home. Maybe BDP isn't the one for you?"

"Maybe you're right," Koda agreed quietly. Recent events aside, things weren't going too well for him at the plateau. He was unhappy with his lowly position among the pack's wolves, which was unlikely to improve now that he had offended half of them. Perhaps he should look for a pack more accepting of his traditional views. Or challenge Dante for the Alpha position. Then, he could run the plateau as he saw fit. Battling Dante for leadership was potentially life threatening, but it was still more appealing than letting Princess Saena join his hunting party.

"Maybe you just need to explain to Kesuk you didn't mean any harm with your words. I could help too if you wish?"

Koda shook his head. "It's ok, I'll try talking to her first," he said. He didn't want Kesuk to know that he needed help. "You've already helped me enough by listening to me blab." He added, with a playful smirk.

The dog blinked his yellow eyes sleepily, his eyelids heavy with fatigue. "I need a nap," he said through a yawn. "Mind if I spend the night up here?"
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Of course! I will wrap it up! I always like these two <3

Scarlett nodded quickly and curiously watched Koda as he seemed sunken in thought. She wondered what the male was thinking about. Scarlett was sure Kesuk would forgive Koda. He had just a certain view. The light wolf was certain her two friends would find a way. "Please do," Scarlett hummed. "You two will be alright. I believe in you both!" Scarlett let out the cutest chuckle when he thanked her for listening. "Oh it is no trouble. I like helping out a friend. I guess you would do the same."

Scarlett looked around. "This is neutral territory. So I don't mind. It does get chilly up here. You might want to find shelter. I will stay with you. Then at least you mountain novice won't free to death," Scarlett joked lightly. She was just teasing him of course. She lead the way to an over hanging rock that sheltered them from the wind and possible snow.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
last from me :)

"All right," Koda said as he followed Scarlett to shelter. He was a little apprehensive about spending the night beside another woman. He knew nothing was going to happen, but he still felt guilty.

As Koda drifted off to sleep, he imagined himself locked in an argument with a jealous Kesuk.

"You slept with her!? You jerk!

Koda dodged a rock flung straight at his head. "I slept beside her, Kesuk. It was cold! What do you want me to do, freeze to death?"

Imaginary Kesuk stuck her nose in the air and started to walk away. Koda chased after her.

"Ok next time I will freeze to death, happy?"