I bet my life
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
@Finn :P

It had been less then a day since her heat had started and Kesuk was feeling like crap. Not only was Koda most likely pissed at her, but the weather was horrible, the constant drizzle making her thick coat damp and heavy. For the time, she had decided that it would be better for everyone if she just went and hid for a bit, or at least until she felt like she didn't want to rip someone's head off.

So she had picked herself up out of her nice cozy, dry den and ventured out into the rain. She had padded for a while until she came to a particularly thick patch of trees. Thankful for the shelter she padded into the thicket and shook her fur, scattering silver dropplets all over the nearby bushes. After walking into the clearing for a bit she found a large rock that created an overhang of sorts that offered even more shelter. After walking for at least thirty minutes, she was kind of done, so she carefully walked under the over hang and lay down in one big motion. Her fur was damp and uncomfortable so she quickly went to work on cleaning it off, unaware of anything, or anyone, around her.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
[size=medium]"If I had a heart you're the one who should break it"[/size]

[size=small]It had been with great swiftness that his nose had picked up the tempting scent of mother nature acting upon a female and it had been with an instinctive, almost mechanical quickness that his paws had uconciously taken him away from his route and closer to the source of such godly perfume.

Even if Finn had earned himself the unquestionable of Cassanova, he had taken a break of women in general after one of his games had turned his insides to mush. But now, as his nose breathed in the scent of a female in heat he could not help himself. That until he saw where the x marked in the map.
As his olive eyes spotted the brown silhouette that was Kesuk he halted into a brusque stop.

This was Koda's girl.
Awkward.
With a confused mind and his ears plastered to his skull, the Delta made an an attempt to retreat. But as he tried to tip-toe out of the scene, his foot found its way onto a stick. A crunchy ass stick that would be a dead give away for the already embarrassed male.
Fuck me, he thought, but not literally.
[/size]
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk looked up from her preening with a slight glare on her face. Of course some idiot just had to come find her when her exact purpose for trekking hell know where was to get away from everyone. So when a loud crunch gave the presence of another away, she was less then happy about it.

When her icy blue gaze lifted they landed on the olive green orbs of none other than Finn, Koda's friend. She remembered them eating together after the horrible blow out the last pack hunt had turned into and she wondered if he shared the same view of woman that her made had. The thought alone made her just a tad bit more grumpy then she was before, but she noticed the look of complete and utter embarrassment plastered to his face and she sighed, dropping her glare.

"It's okay, I know you couldn't tell it was me." she assured but she couldn't help but think that men were just to sex driven to think sometimes. It wasn't necessarily their fault, but it was always easier to blame someone.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

[size=small]What he thought would become an upheaval of snarls and growls turned out to be nothing but a completely... normal greeting. Man, women were truly an enigma meant to lie forever unsolved weren't they? Just as he thought he was beginning to comprehend what their behaviors were and began to convince himself that the logic inside a female's mind wasn't so far out of the male's brain comprehension he found himself tangled between the sticky webs they spun with their million facial expressions and contradictory 'no i am not mad at you'.

"I was just, err, ya know.." he stumbled over his words, a gesture that only served as further proof to Kesuk, and maybe all other females, that sometimes when it came to thinking males used the wrong head. This was, however, not to be confused with the wrongly generalized statement that 'all men were the same'.
Take for example Kesuk's silent doubt of Finn's view on woman.

Unlike Koda, the Ollivander stood at another side of the spectrum regarding that particular topic. Having been raised by a single mother -- who despite being somewhat permissive and mentally weak-- Finn knew very well what women were capable of. And, let me tell you; stargazing and storytelling was just a bullet point in that list.

"... what's... up?" he managed to bark after his tongue had untied itself from the strange knot it had become as Kesuk awknowledged him, and his previous intentions, with such indifference.
[/size]
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
He looked shocked at her calm answer, his eyebrows raising and his mouth opening and closing like a fish. His mumbling was just more proof that he was struggling with speaking to her while she was in the state she was and she slightly narrowed her eyes at him. When he finally managed to figure out how his mouth worked all he could think of to say was What's up? Really? She knew she smelled, but was it really that distracting?

Suddenly feeling self-conscious she, she squeezed her hind legs together and pulled her tail up close to her body, attempting to mask the fact that was still so obvious.

"Um, I'm good, I guess." she replied, feeling almost equally as awkward.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

[size=small]Yes. Really.
He could really not be blamed for his reaction. Not only was the her perfume, very, distracting to his driven nature, but the fact that she was Koda's was also awkward. Even if the dark haired female had never really roused interest in the olive-eyed male, the mere fact that she was in heat made Finn's system act all funny --even if it was against his will.

In a, quite lame, attempt to make things less awkard he forced a convincing smile upon his lips; a gesture to which Kesuk quickly responded to by fastening her tail between her hind legs protectively and hoistering herself into a seating stance.
Current awkwardness level: over 9000

"Cool beans" he barked with an ungraceful shrug of his shoulders and a slightly uncomfortable twist of his ears.
This had to be, legitimately, the first a female made him want to be invisible.
Usually, in his former wild bachelor days, he had always been the one to actively give chase, but now, even the prostect of being actively chased out seemed better.
Anything did.
[/size]
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk's 200th post! Hooray :D

He gave an awkward twitch of his ears and an obviously forced smile and the levels of awkward sky rocketed. She gave a light cough, her eyes focusing on anything but him. There was no way this whole encounter could get any more uncomfortable and she desperately wanted to get out of it. By the look on his face, she could tell he did as well.

"Ahem, well, I'm just gonna..." she trailed off, punctuating her sentence with another awkward cough. She settled down again, starting to lick her paw again, looking up at him with bright blue eyes, waiting for his reaction. Could this get any worse?
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
congrats!
also sorry for the extreme awkwardness heh

[size=small]With the silence turning into a weigh he could physically feel upon his shoulders and the desire to simply run away from her becoming each time greater it was quite hard to keep a straight face. Should he just go? Or should he stay until the awkwardness was forced out? Would it be forced out at all? Or was this whole encounter beyond salvage?
All of these questions and a couple more circled his mind as he swallowed hard, attempting to soothe his dry throat and hopefully urge words out of her.

"Yeah" he woofed softly, his olive eyes focusing on her raising paw only to dart away from her a second later. By the looks of it, it was undeniable that she was any less comfortable with his presence, yet, she didn't suggest he leave either.
Still, Finn knew his exit cue.
And this was probably it.

Without nothing to gain from this dull conversation, and nothing more than his own dignity left to lose, the silver Epsilon took a step back and turned his body towards the path he had initially planned to escape through. Though his lips still held on to the tight smile he had fixed on his face, his eyes now betrayed his true emotions. Like a doe caught in the headlights Finn was poised to flee, yet he held himself stable until the girl, with even the smallest, unspoken gesture, gave him the green lights.
We could pretend this never happened, he wanted to say, yet kept his lips pressed onto each other expectantly.

"..Hey, when you see Koda", because there is no way in hell he would leave you on your own while you're in heat, he added in his mind as he wondered suddenly why he wasn't there now, "Could you tell him that I'm still game for a hunt with him tomorrow? he barked, recalling a conversation they had had a few days ago as they casually passed one another.

Then it ocurred that perhaps, Koda, would not be game, because he would..um.. be busy?
"Or.. whenever he's up for it" he added with an involuntary raise of his eyebrow.
Koda would be hunting alright -- just not the type of prey Finn had in mind.

[/size]