Buried in the silence of a snowstorm
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: Osprey's "Lovegame" plot. 9th February - Day 3. Neverwinter forest.

AW for people, who replied in "Rough drafts", but anyone, who has a male character, is welcome to join. The only requirement is that your character acts more canine-like and not as a human. Osprey is in heat, therefore she acts differently and has a strong specific scent that can affect your character on a certain level. Imagine, what would he do as a wolf, if they happened to be around her?

It was a late afternoon, when Osprey neared the plateau from her last adventure - a far more pleasant one - in the North. She had almost gone directly home, when suddenly she changed her mind about it. Why go home, where all was well-known and mundane, when there were so many great things here in the wilds? No! She stomped her foot, turned around and headed to a forest that lied on the opposite side of the flatlands.

It began raining and it was very dark, when she finally reached the place, which greeted her with silence and solitude. Could have been better, if there were people around... She thought and feeling exhausted from the events that had taken place during the past few days (which she did not remember that clearly), she lied down to rest under a tall and mighty fir. Osprey closed her eyes and sighed - all was well.
borrowed time and borrowed world and borrowed eyes with which to sorrow it
51 Posts
Ooc —
The meager meal he had made of the decomposing possum was hardly enough to bed his appetite -- if anything, it only served to rouse it. Since his encounter with the tan dog, he had skirted all forms of animals -- electing instead to travel without company.

He had just returned from a rounds near the dog-pack's established rendezvous site when he scented a peculiar not-dog scent on the breeze. It would be foolhardy not to investigate, so investigate the male did -- until his efforts were rewarded by the captivating sight of a reclining female.

He hung back, tentative -- his brow furrowed as he watched the female. She seemed tranquil, at ease. Above all, well fed. Before he decided to approach her, he would watch her a while -- unsure if she was as savage as the other wolves he had come across.
*evil laugh*
38 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Outlaw was a wildly curious teenager, and hated not knowing things. Staying in a corner of the lands with strange new dogs was driving him insane, and so he ventured out across the land, uncaring as to what Spectre or DM or JD might think of him being so curious. Soon he caught scent of a wolf. As he had only had one or two experiences with them so far, he was wary as to go meet them or not. The wolves at the battle had been strong and fierce, fed not with medications and kibbles, but the blood of another dead creature. In a moment Outlaw decided to follow it. Soon when he was close, he smelled... Dogmeat? Why was the king here? He quickened his pace, and soon he found them. There stood the king, while a grey female wolf lied under a fir. He stepped in a puddle and walked over to Dogmeat, shaking his wet paw. "Hello, King. Why are you here?" He asked DM with a respectful dip of his head. His haunted brown eyes flitted towards the woman lying under the tree, noticing a different scent on her than usual. It made something awaken inside of him.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke crossed into new territory. He was done with exploring Blackfeather by now. He used the big lake to clean himself of Junkyard Dog's blood. He maliciously killed the poor female. Burke couldn't care less. She stole from their caches. In return Burke added her to the food pile of his pack. A grin came on his lips. A bigger grin came on his muzzle when he smelled a very ripe female. This was his lucky day. The utterly large tank of a male trotted forward. His docked tail was held high as he carried himself with pride.

Burke wasn't the one to wait for a female, especially not when that one female was in heat. The large masked grey ignored the bystanders, for now. His mind was only focussed on one thing and that was claiming this female. Without any regard Burke trotted up to the female and pushed his nose under her tail to get a good whiff of her. His docked tail almost stood upright and his large body stood by the female's small frame. The male took in big whiffs of her scent, feeling his own body react to it. If those other males would come closer the tank of a wolf would definitely fight for dominance over the lady.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey wasn't left to enjoy her sleep for long. While out in the wilds, eyes maybe closed and the mind was dozing, but ears were always open to, what was happening around her. It always paid off - as in this case. First the rustling sound of approaching light footsteps, which made her wary, eyes fluttered open, as she tried to grasp, what was going on. Then there was a third being approaching, it's steps confident and it having an air of conceit and dominance.

It was the rough and intrusive manner her "sensitive parts" were approached, that sparked a sudden anger in her and made her veer around and snap at the bulky wolf that was standing there. Osprey retreated few steps away from him - her gaze locked at him, fur bristled and teeth bared. She let out a low warning growl both to the big guy and the two that she noticed standing not too far away.
51 Posts
Ooc —
He waited, quiet under the shade of a snow-laden conifer. His ears perked when Outlaw approached him, and he delved a gentle pat in the snow with his tail in greeting. All benevolence on his countenance dissipated when a bold male crossed his vision -- one that reeked distinctly of death ... and Junkyard Dog.

With a roar he was upon his tender feet and hurdling towards the dark wolf, his jaws split and ropy gobs of drool streaming behind him. While it may have appeared to Osprey that the dog was defending her honor, it was not so -- Dogmeat's vicious onslaught was only because he had detected faintly his comrade's blood upon the wolf's pelt.

Within a few gargantuan strides the behemoth dog was upon the wolf, his teeth exposed and aiming for flesh -- he hoped to seize the wolf by his scruff and tear him down, rip his skin asunder and besplatter the fresh snow with his crimson blood.
*evil laugh*
38 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Outlaw had not noticed JD's absence- she had been at the battle, which was recent. But same as the king, when the other leapt in, there was no ignoring JD's scent on him. The way the man approached the lady enraged Outlaw. He was no gentleman, but he knew girls were not supposed to be treated like this, especially if you want to get lucky with one. This wasn't the way to go about it, and no manners were taken into account at all. That- combined with the scent of Junkyard Dog on the perverted idiot- was what drove him to anger. He charged after the mannerless jerk, fangs beared and ready to spill the killer's blood. As he leapt his jaws aimed for somewhere around his lower neck or shoulder, not particularly skillful, but fierce.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke growled back to the female to show off his dominance over her. It wasn't an aggressive one meaning that he wanted to attack her. He just worked on pure instinct. He didn't care if it was seen as rude. He was just showing his interest in the female in heat. Burke really wanted to sniff her scent more since it smelled delicious to him. Ripe and fertile. Once the female stepped away Burke responded with stepping closer, licking his lips. But not much of his true gentleness was shown because his ears caught the other two charge towards him.

Before he realized the larger one was on his large body. The masked grey male had his mind on mating and females, not on fighting. But when he was grabbed Burke was quick to react in return. As the dog held him, Burke's jaw moved down to the closest part of the attacker. His teeth sank down into the drooling dog's side. Trying to rip a piece out.

Yet, Burke was only wolf of one and soon the smaller, and quicker, one attacked him too. Burke let go of the first attacker and tried to snap his jaw to the black and white dog. He attacked in a place his jaws could reach, if he would have attacked his behind it was harder to defend. Not that he was giving that other any ideas. Burke tried to shake them off, because he wanted to return to his female and breed her.

Burke was grabbed by his scruff by Dogmeat (as implied), in return Burke grabbed Dogmeat's side and then tried to bite Outlaw once he attacked him too. I visualized Outlaw grabbing for one of his frontlegs/chest/neck :3 I hope I got it all right!
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
When the gray beast growled back at Osprey, she felt fear for a moment. Up until now she had been falsely convinced that she was the in charge of this lovegame. That she could approach anyone she liked and that she could tell them "off", if she so desired. Like in this case - even though in terms of "procreating" the male was a good candidate and would get an A+ in the nature's list of suitable bachelors, she didn't like him. And not because of his bold and brash approach, there was more and she didn't care to analyze it. Now she got a feeling that she didn't have all of the cards in her paws and, who knows, how it would have turned out, if not for the two bystanders that charged at and attacked the beast.

Osprey took several steps to be as far as possible from the "fight scene" and yet she was oddly mesmerized by the sight. Therefore she remained as a quiet and curious observer, eager to see, how this all would turn out.
51 Posts
Ooc —
DM is bit, suffers flank puncture wound from burke - as burke lets go to bite DM, dm tries to force him down/keep him down

Having spent the entire of his life in misery, it was befitting Dogmeat was an expert at doling it out. As he barreled towards the wolf and made contact with the wolf's flank, he was met by the barring of teeth and the visceral flash of pain -- pain that fueled him, pain that angered him.

Burke's teeth were worthy assailants, and served their purpose well. The cream of his pelt was quick to flush with dark and ominous red -- the pain was enough to cause Dogmeat to falter, but only for a second. Burke had released his clutch on his tender flank and Dogmeat, revitalized by impact, sought to crush his opponent downwards while he was distracted by Outlaw's approach.

With a guttural grunt the male shouldered himself downwards with a colossal heave, hoping to flatten the wolf as his neck was outstretched and pin him -- his teeth sought scruff (the same as before) and if he met his mark he would refuse (or try his damnedest) to release the struggling wolf. It was clear that Dogmeat had every intention of committing this wolf to death's fold, and unless Burke fought tooth and nail Dogmeat would see to it that Burke joined the dismal flock he had so carefully tended to.

*evil laugh*
38 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
I rolled to see if Outlaw escaped his grip here, if that is not okay with you guys from some reason please tell me and I will gladly change it. Just rolled and looks like he got out of Burke's grip!

Outlaw's attack landed a bit clumsily, and the jerk's jaws lashed out to get him. Outlaw tried to get away, but reacted too slowly. Outlaw snarled as Burke's fangs sank into his upper neck or maybe cheek, a spot Outlaw had not realized was so exposed in this position. He narrowed his crazed brown eyes, his hackles risen, and tried to tear himself from the wolf's grip. Out the corner of his eye he saw the grey lady watching from the edges, staying a bit of a distance away from the fight. As Outlaw struggled, with several moments of pain he successfully tore himself out of Burke's jaws, although he left some black fur behind. A little was missing on his face. "Whoops," he muttered with a sheepish grin that vanished quickly. He turned and bared his fangs, before leaping for Burke and using his smaller size than the jerk to his advantage. He was aiming for the back, so he could cling on and dig his claws in and bite his neck. He would lose his balance and fall off quickly if he even landed, but it was worth it to get in a moment or two of his own attacks towards the guy.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Since I imagine Burke build as a tank he wouldn't be pushed over/thrown off balance that easily. He is however much slower. I am okay with the dice rolls. I do however think we are 'stealing' Osprey's thread. It was about her heat, not about Burke killing JD :P I actually hoped I got to write that instead of a fight.

Burke took the hit of the larger dog trying to floor him. That was not going to happen. Although him crashing into him hurt, and the way he was biting down surely made him bleed. Burke dug his large paws into the ground and made sure his footing was good. Once more the larger dog attacked at the same spot. The smaller, and quicker, one escaped from his jaws. Burke wasn't that quick, before he realized it, the black and white one was back with attacking him. Burke could feel the smaller one on his back. His blue eyes turned more vicious. Two against one wasn't very fair but Burke would have to live with it. He wanted to get to this female and breed her not fight this weird furred dogs.

The tank of a male knew he grabbed the others flank before. Slowly his mind grew quiet while the sounds of growls and snapping jaws filled his ears. Then the male snapped his head sidewards towards the large one again. His force would hopefully get the smaller one of his back. Burke's jaws clamped around the lower part of Dogmeat's hind legs. Burke shook his head and tried to tug it from under the larger dog, technically using a different way to floor him. Hopefully that would lose Dogmeat's grip on his scruff too. It was difficult to focus when two were attacking you at once. A low growl came from his lip, as he felt the blood run down over his shoulder.

Burke gets injured by DM's second bite. Doesn't get floored. Instead he tries to floor DM by trying to pull his hind leg from under Dm's body. His surprise attack might also get Outlaw off balanced in sudden movement.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I don't mind at all - this thread reminds me of "Simpsons" episodes - it always begins with one thing and ends with something entirely different. I will have Osprey go, but you guys - have fun and sort out the issue. :) Last post from me.

The fight got nasty and, when the first blood was spilled and it's metallic scent reached Osprey's nose, she got wary about the whole situation. While it was interesting to watch a fight that had nothing to do with you, the level of aggression had risen considerably and made her feel uncomfortable. This meant a possible danger for her well-being and as much as she would have loved to stay and see the gray beast getting beaten in submission of some sorts, she decided to deny herself this pleasure.

Quietly she withdrew from the scene and broke out in a full-scale run, putting as much distance as she could between them. She didn't want to know the outcome of the fight, nor did she want to come in a close contact with the gray tail-less wolf. Her mind was hazy and she was more welcoming to men, but something about this particular fellow repulsed her.
51 Posts
Ooc —
sorry if i crashed the thread.. i had to stay true to DM's character. mew, if you still want DM for one of your others let me know! mar -- i thought for a while (sorry for the wait) on how to respond to this.. i don't think DM and outlaw would run away when it is 2v1, but i also don't want to cripple/seriously harm your character (even if DM does).

Dogmeat fell into silence, working alongside his comrade in the punishing cold, his breath working the frosty air in billowing heaves -- the powder of snow beneath their quarreling feet brought forth to fall to the earth again in gentle quiet.

But not all was quiet -- the three worked in a vicious tandem. The flash of teeth and limb raked the air and below them dark red sullied the pristine snow. He was wounded, and his stamina was slowly waning -- but he could not relent. Not when the odds were for once in their favor. With Outlaw besides him, Dogmeat felt certain of their victory.

As Burke swung his muzzle towards Dogmeat's hind, Dogmeat was still trying his best to floor the wolf. While the wolf was taller and certainly of a more feral build, Dogmeat possessed a heavy-weight build he would use to the best of his advantage. Burke's teeth were searing, in the keen manner of a hot knife -- Dogmeat found his balance compromised. To counter the wolf's action he tried his best to spring forward and barrel the wolf over to flatten him, using his own momentary unbalance to stagger the wolf. Given Burke's lowered position, combined with the slight off-balance position one must take to reach Dogmeat's hind leg, Dogmeat was assured he would have some sort of success. He kept his grip on the wolf's scruff as best he could, his savage jowls working to grind flesh to hamburger and his neck wringing back and forth as he plowed forwards in the hopes to unbalance the male and force the wolf to release his grip upon his hind leg.

Burke's teeth around his leg caused a pain Dogmeat had not experienced before -- a pain which fueled him to become a frenzied bulldozer intent on destroying his assailant.

DM takes full damage from Burke's bite -- while Burke is biting DM tries to force his way upon him, attempting to plow/bulldoze him while he is slightly off balance. This might make an avenue for Burke to escape DM/chase after Osprey -- DM wouldn't be able to give chase/catch up with his injured hind leg
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Sorry @Outlaw that I skipped you but I'd like to finish this thread since a lot of new things have already further developed! :) I'm going to finish this up and archive it. We can always have another thread if you like! PM me :)

Burke realized that the bigger dog had quite the balance himself even while he tried to pull his leg from under him. The large masked male felt the brute of a dog tug on his scruff once more. It already hurt and he didn't want any more permanent damage. The smaller one looked like he didn't do much damage but in fact. His sharp little teeth were hurting the male. Burke wasn't the one to give up quickly but two against one wasn't really fair, not could he permit a long term healing wound. He needed to be useful to his pack after all.

Once the female left his purpose of fighting was instantly gone. He wanted the female not to fight with these two males. The moment the large one had an opening, he jumped forward and away from the two attackers. Burke instantly chased after the grey female, not sure if he could sniff her out since the whole area was smelling of her. Burke gave up quickly on the female for now, since his neck was hurting badly and he had to travel home.