The Sunspire BREAK · for fields of fortune
53 Posts
Ooc — Riven
This is my "last" post with Muirrin, except where I'll be tying up her loose ends. Feel free to reply with your characters, but I won't be posting again.

Sorry for the abrupt closer, guys. I love TD's concept, but I just don't have time to give it the love and attention it deserves right now. :(

Muirrin had failed, and knew it. She had waited too long to band them together, and let her fears paralyze her even after it seemed their bonds would be forged despite her previous inaction. She had thought she was ready, but she was still young and inexperienced. Each decision that was hers to make agonized her. No matter what choice she made, the weight of the burden if she were wrong was nearly too heavy to bear.

But this choice was right, she knew. It was unlikely that any would follow her back to the forest where her family still lived, but she would leave it to them. And so she lifted her head, and howled the song of her departure. That she did not believe there to be life here for them—for the wolves of Tuatha Dé—and that she would be seeking fairer fields of fortune. That she would not begrudge them if they did not follow. That she was sorry for failing them, and if exile was her penance it was indeed earned.

Self-loathing turned her stomach as she finished, heartbeat fast and anxious in her chest. It was too much, this feeling of failure, the humiliation of speaking about loyalty but never seeming to be capable of mustering it. And finally, knowing deep in her bones that none would follow a wretched creature such as herself, Muirrin ran.