Every Rose Has It's Thorns
Warning: Uses foul language
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah

She was so close, she could feel it. Her body was heating up quicker then she thought was possible and she was sure her heat would come tomorrow, or if the world really was against her, that day. Her face was fixed with a grumpy glare as she climbed further up the mountain then she ever had. The higher she got, the faster the wind got, ruffling her fur and blurring her eyesight ever so slightly. She blinked warily, spotting a rocky outcropping a few yards further up the slope. She quickly hopped up the rocky patches and stepped onto the outcropping, looking out across the territory.

From her vantage point she could see almost everything. She could see the smudge that was the Caldera far off in the distance, she could see the plateau and along side it the dark blur that was her first home in the wilds. She shivered, remembering the dark woods that she had called home once upon a time. How she could've ever been happy there, escaped her mind completely.

She lay in a sphinx like position on the rock, just enjoying the way the wind brushed through her fur. At least it wasn't raining.
81 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Copper was still struggling to reinforce, or even expand the borders. He was looking for a good tree to mark on, when he looked up into the wind. He saw a wolfess looking up into the distance. The rusty Zeta saw that she looked grumpy. She was the wolf who had provided for the pack earlier. The least he could do is make her feel better.

The Zeta sneaked up the hill, being careful not to alert her of his presence. He then snuck up behind her and..
"Boo!" Copper said, a bit loudly, a smile spreading across his face. his smile faded a bit, as he waited for a reaction. He hoped he didn't make her mad. He had realized moments before he has made an attempt to spook her, that she was the Alpha's mate. If she didn't like his style, he was in trouble. If Fitz didn't like him, The whole pack disliked him. Copper cocked his head, about to utter an apology.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa couldn't help but jump in surprise when a wolf came up behind her and yelled a loud Boo! She turned her head to look at him and came face to face with the newest member of the pack, a look of regret forming on his face. She had realized that wolves would probably treat her differently just because she was the alpha's mate, but this was her first time actually witnessing it. She was almost positive that if she hadn't been connected to him, that the look of regret would be no where near this wolf's face.

Instead of reacting like a total jerk about it, she just gave him a light smile, not really in the mood to be bitchy any ways. "Well hello to you too." she greeted.
81 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Copper muttered out an awkward excuse to stop himself from saying sorry.
"Soo." Copper was going to say sorry but changed it to so last minute.
"How are you?" Copper said, hungry to throw the beast know as awkwardness from him. Copper's tail raised slightly from it's tucked position under his hindquarters.

He felt worse. He was probably offending the Alpha-female with his words. He looked to the ground, and reluctantly waited for a reply. His tail quickly swiped back inbetween his legs. Not from Subordination, but from fear he had ruined a first impression. Copper was younger than this Wolf. He didn't know why he was acting like this. He was usually the dominant Lucha libre' of the pack.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
His obsessive politeness and almost-submission was starting to get on her already tightly wired nerves and she shot him a glare. He was ready to apologize for something that wasn't even slightly offending to the female, and that made her just a tiny bit pissed.

"You know, you don't have to act like I'm gonna bite your head off." she said stiffly. If he could just figure his crap out and stop acting like a little baby, then maybe she wouldn't have snapped at him.
81 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Copper huffed in defiance. as the wolfess glared at him.
"It isn't you who is gonna bite my head off." Copper said, snarling. This Wolf just didn't get it. It was hard enough being a nobody, but being yelled at by a higher up was enough.
"If it was up to me, I would treat you as my equal!" Copper shouted at her.
"That's what you get for founding a pack! I didn't decide you were gonna bite me."
Copper couldn't believe that this dumb-$%@ was rejecting his submission. The Infamous Mountain protector's submission, of all things. Copper finished his sentence, with a final huff. "society did."
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
What the actual fuck. To say she was surprised by his out burst would be a complete understatement. The way he huffed at her and shouted and snarled made her already bitchy temper flare to an all time high. She jumped to her feet, already flame colored eyes blazing with fury. All she had been trying to do was make him feel like he didn't need to lay on the ground and whine to get her to talk to him and what did she get for it? Snarling and accusations!

There went trying to be on everyone's good side. Even Bindi had been more reasonably then this idiot. "What the fuck is your problem?!" she screeched, jumping to her feet, her fur bristling. "We aren't even that far apart in ranks so why are you acting like a complete psychopath?!" she growled, absolutely done with his attitude that had no reason to be like that in the first place.
81 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Copper laughed a bit, quickly returning to normal. Not the sniveling, submissive Copper, but the regular, mischievous him.
"I thought you wanted me to treat you as your equal." The rusty Zeta replied in a singsong voice.
"I'm at the absolute bottom. An outsider." Literally nobody was nice to him in the pack. Everybody either ignored him, or was mean to him.

But. Copper kept playing the fool, hiding his sorrow behind patrols and jokes. No one liked his jokes anyway. He was better off starving than being in a pack where everyone either hated him, or made no attempt to talk to him.If this Bitch wanted new recruits in her mates' pack, she had better learn how to take a joke.
"Funny thing." Copper said, one tear streaming down his eye.
"Funny thing I was the only one who wanted in and got ignored! Now look at you! Your pack doesn't have any Fu$*%$# recruits, and I could leave if I really wanted to!"
Copper didn't want to leave. But starving alone was better than starving with this bitch. Copper began to walk away, more grey tears blooming from his eyes.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
She was literally speechless. She dropped her tail, dropped her hackles and just blinked at him. What had just happened? She wasn't mad because he wasn't submitting or because he wasn't, she was pissed because he couldn't make up his goddamn mind! A literal tear leaked out of his eye yet he still told her off about how horrible her pack was. Sure, Bindi probably had been a total bitch to him, but what about Fitz? She couldn't imagine Fitz being mean to their first recruit. And what about Tempest? Then again she had caught her glaring at Copper at the pack meeting, but Tempest was so nice!

"What?" she squeaked, honestly not even able to say anything else.
81 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Wrong account at first Lol. EDIT: Let's assume this was before the rank shuffle.
Copper was done with this. This animal was older than him, better than him, stronger than him. he didn't reply to the She-wolfs' question. He only kept quietly crying. She was wrong.
Fitz ignored him. tempest was mean to him.
Bindi was mean to him. she was mean to him. Copper was being bullied and he was done with it. The Rusty Zeta wasn't a god. He wasn't a fearsome mountain protector (Bindi was sure to prove that) He wasn't even living up to his name. He wasn't strong, and conductive.Not at all.

He didn't deal well with situations when he was weak. He realized probably none of them truly accepted him. He wasn't good enough. And this encounter with the Alpha Female proved it.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Okay lol, I feel so bad for him!

She couldn't believe he was actually crying. If the members of the pack had brought him to this then she was definitely going to have a talk with them. Being in a pack was not about making others cry, it was about supporting one an other, making them feel welcome. And obviously, everyone was doing the complete opposite.

It was then that she realized that Copper was barely out of pup hood and she felt a surge of motherly instincts wash over her.

She padded up to him and brushed her fur against his in what she hoped was a comforting manner. "Hey, it's okay, don't cry." she said softly, trying to comfort him as best she could.
81 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Btw, Ooc I don't care.
copper saw the wolfess rubbing against him. He drew away at first, but gave up and scooted back over to the She-wolf.
"What do you care?" Copper said, more sad now than anything. Maybe everybody thought, with recent events that their little tidbits had built up into something Copper couldn't carry anymore.(Bullying. It kills.) copper cried into the she-wolfs' shoulder, his ears folding tight to his head.

Copper had lowered himself. Another thing hit him. The other wolfess, Bindi. How did she get away with it. She acted the excact same he did, but he was the one who got scapegoated. It wasn't fair.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
She let him cry against her shoulder, lifting a paw and placing it on his back. As he cried, she got a strong feeling that Bindi was the main one behind his break down and the more she thought about it, the more she wanted to beat her ass. She had been a total bitch when she had first met Raissa, yet she still managed to get placed higher in the rankings then her. How she had gotten away with basically blaming her for the failed fox hunt AND calling her a slut bag to her face, Raissa had no idea any more. All she knew, was that this was the last straw for her. She didn't care if that bitch was a higher rank then her, she was going to get a full dose of Raissa rage. And it would not be pretty.

"I care because now that your in this pack, you're my family. And family's take care of each other." she explained softly, hugging the poor boy to her.
81 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Shall we invite Bindi to this thread? Also I'm listening to the BEST song right now.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QBwtHzdSFM Plus I got the wrong account once again. sigh*

Copper sniffed, and took a few breaths to calm himself down.
"Will you promise not to tell anyone about this?" Copper asked, for good reason too, he was a pitiful sight to behold. He realized he had acted very rude to this wolf. Even the swore at him, he still was in the wrong. And he knew it.

"Sorry about being a jerk to you earlier.." Copper said, his voice dropping back to it's deeper octave. He had showed himself to this wolf he had barely known. She basically knew all his secrets.
The odd thing was,
He was okay with it.
Something hit him right there. This truly was his family, and he was too busy hiding from the pain to realize it.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Sure, if you want me too, or we could finish this one up and start a new one? And btw, I LOOOOOOOOVE Gorillaz!! <3 I like their songs 'Feel Good Inc.' 'Clint Eastwood' and 'Dare'
I've never heard that one before, but I like it :D

She nodded, giving him a slight smile. If he needed her to keep this a secret, she found no reason she would need to tell anyone. She knew that if she had a breakdown, she would not want anyone to know about it, so it was just the right thing to do the same for someone else. "Of course, my lips are sealed." she promised.

When he apologized, she felt bad instantly. She had been a jerk as well, screaming at him even though he was obviously already having a tough go at things. "It's okay, I was a jerk too." she admitted, regretting the way she had swore at him, her teeth bared rudely. He was her family, family weren't supposed to make each other feel like crap.
81 Posts
Ooc — Carter
The arms were flapped with excitement when you named the band. Gorillaz 4 life! also let's end it..

Copper was a bit surprised. This wolf was quite motherly for someone who could easily drop a few F-bombs without even thinking. It was almost funny.

With a sniff, Copper picked himself up, and stared into this wolfs eyes for one last time. She would have seen a part of him no other person should have ever saw. He just hoped this wolf could keep her secrets as well as she could comfort people. But, something shone in copper's conscience that told him that this Wolf was going to be a good ally, and, even more importantly, a good friend.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Okay, last post for me :D

She gave him a friendly smile as he gave one last sniff and looked into his eyes, a silent thanks in their depths. She liked Copper already, he just needed some love. Anyone who gets bullied is needs some love. Heck, everyone needs some love! And if no one else was going to give it to him, then she would be happy to. She hated seeing her family in pain, so be it emotional, or physical.

She got to her paws along with Copper, looking out over the view and then back into his brown eyes. "I'm gonna go find something to eat, you can join me if you want, but I've found that a walk along really helps calm your feelings." she said, her eyes warm and caring. She had done the exact things countless times. In fact one of her walks alone had lead to her finding Fitz.

She gave him a quick shoulder bump before she started down the hills, towards the flatter areas where prey was more abundant. If he wanted to come with her, she was more than happy to welcome him along, but if he wished to be alone, she would respect that as well.