The Sunspire You have to every now and then
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
being vague but I miss Vienna threads so bringing her back in

After what seemed like forever (but had in reality been just shy of four weeks), Vienna finally strode back into her pack's territory. She'd been expecting to be gone a long while, but events had prevented her from going to the plateau. Instead delay had come in another form, and after being held up, she did not want to worry her packmates by continuing to go by the plateau. She would check in for a while first.

She had found someone down south, but her major holdup had occurred in the Firestone Hot Springs. Her injuries recieved had been minor, but they had slowed her progress. She couldn't be sure the creature who attacked her was exactly hygienic, so she had made a side trip to track down some herbs. Treating her own bites had given her a good opportunity for practice as well, a chance she didn't want to pass up.

If she was being completely honest, she also didn't want to show up back home injured again. She was worried she'd be judged even more incompetent than she already felt. Two fights, and she had ended up running away the worse from each.

Perhaps she'd need to grab some practice with Ame or Jace. Though warrior was not her trade, she needed the skills (obviously) if she wanted to continue traveling alone.
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It had been almost a month since Jace had seen his sister. And to say he was anxious and angry was an understatement. He wasn't angry with her, not anyone really. He was just scared and worried, and like all his emotions it manifested into anger. It was hot and tight in his chest, like an open gaping wound. A wound that squirted blood whenever he thought about it, though it spewed hot anger and hateful words. As the day progressed, he again was moving about the pack lands restlessly.

He strode forward, when his sister's scent teased his nostrils. Smiling he ran forward to stop short, when he smelled herbs on her. He hoped to god it was because she was learning to be a healer, and not because she got hurt again. Vienna!
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Of course it was Jace who first greeted her. She'd half expected it to be he or Amekaze, both kept such firm watch on the borders. When he stopped short, she closed the distance both to give an affectionate nuzzle and to look him over and be sure he was still in one piece. She saw no new injuries, a miracle. He (like herself nowadays) had a proclivity for getting himself into trouble. Maybe it was in their blood.

"Jace! I'm back!" Well duh Vienna, she thought an instant later, he can probably see that. "I didn't make it by the plateau, but I did get pretty far south! No sign of Summer though." She frowned at that. She'd been hoping for news on that front to bring back as well, but no dice.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I am assuming since Sumayl was so active thorughout the borders. That Jace would know. @Sumayl Victoria if that's not okay to assume please pm me.

Jace was usually taking care of the borders, as was Ame. Though, while his sister was gone, it had gone from often to almost feverish. He had patrolled every day, numerous times a day, just looking for her. Hoping to see his sister, come back home, it worried him. When she wasn't there, like most brother's he would fret. What if some male took advantage, or what if someone hurt her or what if she fell. Numerous scenarios, and numerous scares, he thought about them all. He probably had dreamed about her death more than anyone elses, and he didn't dare admit that. And then Sumayl, he didn't like the male, but he felt for him. He had withdrew, from all around them.

He returned the nuzzle and tilted his ears forward. That's okay. Summer is here, he came back while you were gone. Next time take your boyfriend with you. He gave her a cheeky grin. He holed himself up in your den, and was miserable and anti social. At least that is my take on it anyway. And before you ask, no I did not talk to him. I was miserable enough as it was. He gave her a cursory glance, looking for all reasons of health. She seemed to be good, but boy was he glad she was home.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
to explain why it took her a while to get back, I have made it so that she had a brief run-in with my doggie behind the scenes. Just for clarification :)

Despite the feeling of guilt at the thought of having made everyone worry, she couldn't help but laugh at Jace's words, though she bit it back rather quickly. He would be her next stop of course, but the idea of him holed up and anxious was a little ridiculous. It wasn't an image she could imagine easily and therefore was a little amusing.

"Maybe I will, but I know how much you'd miss him." Her reply was just as cheeky, and poked a little bit of fun, which she hoped wouldn't be taken the wrong way. Another affectionate nudge was given, just to make sure he knew she was joking and meant absolutely nothing by it. "I'll go find him soon. Summer's back though? That's great! When did he return?" She was happy to hear her friend was fine and that there was a positive explanation to her not having been able to find a trace of him around.

She was sorry to hear her absence had upset him, though it was as she expected. "Now you can be not miserable. It was a good trip, though... There was something strange that happened." She trailed off, trying to think of how to describe her encounter.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled along with her, he saw nothing wrong with laughing. It was rather comical to see the normally cocky Sumayl laid a little low. It made Jace happier for his sister if it was possible. He had no doubt that the male loved his sister. He wished he could get along with the man, but even if he couldn't he was happy for his sister.

Jace snorted, Oh yea I'd miss him, just like i'd miss a pain in the butt.

Jace returned the nudge and shifted his weight, so that he could sit. Settling to his haunches, he curled his jet black tail around his paws. Perking his ear forward he listened, blue eyes on his sister's face. catching and going over her words. He frowned in contemplation, unsure when Summer had actually came back.

He came back a week or so after you left I think. He was attacked on his trip out there, by the female that attacked me I think.

Jace was immediately on guard and lifted his ears further forward, a small note of worry in his voice. What do you mean Vienna?
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She was happy he could be a little more open with her about his frustrations with Sumayl. Some might see her actions as disloyalty, but she did not. She made no move to agree with her brother's point of view, and she knew where she stood. Jace did too. She just wanted him to feel comfortable talking with her about these things, even if she knew it would take more than this. She couldn't hope to begin repairing this unless she knew what had gone wrong in the first place.

"That's a lot of attacks," she said, wincing. Maybe winter was pressing creatures to desperation. It had been relatively mild, but still some prey was in hibernation or migration.

"Well, on my way back, I met with a creature of some sort. She wasn't particularly friendly, and looked like a wolf, but different. Scary thin, with long legs and a super narrow muzzle. Oddest thing I've ever seen." She did not mention the fight, instead wanting to get his take on it. Instead she went a bit more vague. "She wasn't particularly friendly. Something to watch out for."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace could be a little open about Sumayl, he could jest. But he could never tell his sister how much he disliked him. He would not put her in that position, no matter what. Sumayl could say terrible things about him, and Jace would probably say nothing. It was just the simple fact, that he would not be the cause of any sadness for his sisters.

He nodded at her words, it had been a lot of attacks and at least two of them, by the same crazy wolf. He tilted his head and thought on it further. He was a little worried about it all. The winter had not been a particularly cruel one, so desperation didn't make any sense.

Jace frowned, She sounds like an interesting creature. Wonder if there are more? I'll tell Amekaze perhaps we can look for more or something.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"That may be a good idea." If there were more they might cause problems. She doubted they could take down the entire pack, even one so small as the Sunspire, but they could do some damage all the same. At least the mountain was hardly an attractive piece of land to most eyes. She thought it stunning, but there had been wisdom in Jace and Amekaze's claim. Not many would be willing to fight to conquer such an inhospitable home.

"I am betting there weren't many, or I feel like more would have run into them." That had been her first encounter, and it seemed strange that she wouldn't have encountered one sooner with her frequent travels. It was likely a rare creature to spot round these parts. "Anyway, was there anything else I missed while I was gone? New joiners, departures, fun events?" Hopefully nothing bad... she hated bad news, and it seemed to happen so often nowadays.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled at her, I will tell her. If most knew that we were self sufficient. I think they would try harder to conquer it. Luckily not many know of our territory secrets. And it was true, not many knew that they had their own herds of food. They had their own water sources, and their own places to hide. Yes it was a good home to live.

Jace frowned in thought and stared at her, then he laughed quietly. Vienna you know very well. I am not going to be able to tell you if there are any newcomers. I don't accept them, unless a wolf calls for me to go there. Like you did with Sumayl, or if I come across them by accident. I am a warrior, a warden but surprisingly I don't run into many wolves. I know we have lost a few though, I don't know where they went. But their scents are old and fading.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
His frown made her smile, as did his retort that she should know better. She did know of his less social tendencies, but it wasn't as though he were a complete social hermit. It did make more sense to approach the matter herself anyway, though, and she resolved to wander the territory a bit to find out before jetting off again.

"I'm guessing not many called then. That's too bad." She couldn't be too sad though, for though they were small, their close group suited her just fine. It was upsetting to hear they had lost some. She hadn't met many of them, though, and it was likely as sad as it was that she would hardly notice. Many had been distant for a long while. Sometimes it seemed like they were a pack of nomads, a fact that made it much easier and more fun for Vienna to wander as she liked. So far as she knew, Jace and Amekaze were the only ones who did not stray far, although Vienna did not know if that was by choice.

"Now that spring is coming, I think I might try to go north in a while. I'd like to ask them about cold weather healing. But I don't want to go too soon, since I just got back." Literally. "If you wanted to come, you could?" If not she'd ask Sumayl, but she wanted to offer to him. She'd taken many trips with her boy, and would take many more. She wished to have some time with Jace too, to assure him that she was still going to make an effort to be there for him no matter what. Things didn't have to change, not between them at least.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was not a social hermit, he was just an introvert. He could be extroverted, especially around some. He could joke and laugh with his sister, and summer. Occasionally, he could even joke with Ame. Though he used caution, he liked her well enough and they were friends. But she was still his leader, and he had to give her the respect she was due.

Jace cracked a smile and snorted, No, no social calls I'm afraid. I'm sorry. I know how much you like yourself a part. I'm just not a party hardy kind of guy. He teased her gently, a soft smile gentle around his maw. He shifted and curled his tail around his paws, as he sat and he waited.

Jace thought about it, he really did. And he wanted to go with her, he really did. But he also didn't want to cause a problem. SO he shook his head, no I'm not about to cause a problem. Take Sumayl or perhaps Ame. [b]She has been talking of wanting to go on a trip in the spring? A girls time out perhaps? I'm sorry Vienna, but he and I cannot coexist. I wish we could, and I fear if I were to go with you, it may cause even more contention, and that is something I do not want.  [/b]
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She grinned, knowing full well what he was speaking of.  He didn't have her joy in the company of strangers, but at least he took joy from his friends.  They made a good team, him the wary defender, her the eager outrider.  It took all kinds to build a pack, after all!

Her smile faded, though, when he turned her down. It wouldn't have bothered her, as she understood, but it was the reason he gave that didn't sit well. "Sumayl can deal with it," she said firmly, then sighed. "If you don't want to, that's perfectly fine. I can ask another. But don't pull away for his sake. Or mine. Because I don't want that." She could understand Jace avoiding Sumayl, and vice versa. But she wouldn't be able to stand it if Jace started avoiding her.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was fine with being the wary defender, it if meant keeping those he cared about safe. Others just made him uncomfortable, their judgements and thoughts made him feel strange. Most of the time, they didn't understand the way he spoke, or acted. So they stayed away from him.

Jace looked at her and he honestly didn't know what to do. He didn't want to avoid her, but he knew that she would spend most of her time with Sumayl, so if he was avoiding the latter, he would have to avoid the former. He sighed, he was also very afraid that if he went with her Sumayl, would find one more reason to hate him. Think he was trying to turn her against him or something. However, when she looked at him with something akin to reproach, he knew he'd do what she wanted. I'll go songbird That was all he cared to say on the matter. The thought of going further than home, made him nervous and anxious, but he wouldn't let her go unprotected. Especially, since she had an uncanny ability to find trouble. ALthough it may have been a family thing.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
want to wrap this one up? We need an updated one so she can finally tell him about her and Sumayl hahaha
She wasn't entirely satisfied with his answer, unsure if he actually wanted to go, but she dismissed any misgivings.  She'd meant what she said in not carin if he didn't want to go.  She just wanted to be sure it was his decision and not one spurred on by Sumayl.

"I'll let you know, but if you change your mind or something comes up, I'll understand." She said, giving him a smile and a nose to his ear. She didn't want to push too hard, and never meant to be harsh with anyone, least of all him, but the idea of him pulling away frightened her. It would mean that, if she did eventually depart the mountain to some nearby place (something she did not wish to do), they would go back to being out of one another's lives. She had to make sure that didn't happen. She didn't doubt he didn't want that to happen, but if she knew he would do whatever he thought best for her. And she needed to ensure that he knew that what was best for her was keeping their relationship as it was.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace knew that Vienna would find fault in his answer. He couldn't really blame her, to be honest. He just didn't want to touch upon the complicated relationship with he and Sumayl. His sister just didn't get it, not that he had really given her much to go on. Nor would he, he wasn't about to even touch that issue. However, he couldn't help but feel a bit sad.

Jace shook his head and smiled, I won't change my mind songbird. Jace had no doubt in his mind, that Sumayl would take his sister away. He disliked him that much, but Jace also knew that he would let her go. It would hurt, and as a defense he was putting up walls. He probably shouldn't and it was mostly self conscious, so he wasn't even aware. He brushed a muzzle across her head, I have some hunting to do Songbird.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She was glad to hear it, and to see a smile. Sometimes Jace was a hard wolf to read, even for her, who knew him so well. Then again, some parts of him she knew, but others she likely did not. They had been separated for a long time, and though they still were close as ever, much had likely happened to him that she knew nothing about. He never was the type to blabber on as she sometimes did.

So she didn't argue when he went to leave, though she sensed there was perhaps a little more that could be said here. "Ok, I should probably too. But it was great talking." She licked his cheek. "I'm sure I'll catch you again soon!"
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace knew he was hard to understand. He also knew that you always didn't know what lurked behind his wide blue eyes, and dark hide. He knew some of it had to do with his brains, the other had to do with his anti social behavior. He just didn't like others, he would have excelled as a loner, he sometimes imagined. Jace would not change his sister, and he was glad that she was such a chatter box. It meant she was happy and it also meant he didn't have to fill the air with useless banter.

Jace returned the lick and then smiled softly. You know me i'm always around. Then with a swift bound he was gone, across the mountain. In search of some food to fill the caches.