The Sunspire Even flowers have their dangers
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
perhaps someone will help her to brush up on her skills?

Something was becoming increasingly clear to Vienna; since leaving home, she had gotten seriously behind in her self defense training. The last two fights she had taken part in had ended up with her on the losing end, a fact that was completely unacceptable to her.

Focused, Vienna growled, eyes narrowed and trained on her target. Slowly she circled around, ears back and expression intent. Pausing in stillness for a moment, she then sprang, and her jaws closed viselike around the branch that was her current sparring partner. After her teeth sank in, she leapt back lightly, then continued circling the stunted tree. In her imagination, an enemy wolf circled back, though from the outside the entire thing likely looked rather ridiculous.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
CAN I DIBS??

It just so happened that self defense was something Summer intended on practicing himself. Ever since his battle with that black bitch by the river in which he'd made a complete fool of himself, he'd been determinedly brushing up on his skills whenever he could. He wanted to be strong - No, needed to be. He had so much that he loved now that he needed to protect. What had happened at the river would never happen again, the Ostrega would see to that.

That being said, Summer had actually ventured out that day to hunt for Tytonidae. She was usually perfectly capable and happy to fetch her own meals. It gave her something to do since she still wasn't too inclined to really integrate with the rest of the pack. But today, he wanted to surprise her with a special treat, just because.

Instead of coming across lunch though, he came across Vienna, hard at work making a tree branch her bitch. The black knight watched her wordlessly as she circled and pounced again and again, canting his head curiously. After a moment, he crept down from his perch and approached her, a crooked smile upon his muzzle. "Did it insult your mother or something?" he asked with a smirk when he came close enough.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
OF COURSE YOU CAN DIBS!!! :D

When Summer spoke, Vienna had caught the branch in her jaws and was busiedly trying to snap the thing in two. She snorted at the joke, releasing it to spring back to it's former spot. "It is a very rude branch after all. Me and my mother, all in one go! Despicable." She laughed.

"Nah, I figured if I'm gonna keep getting my tail handed to me on outrider missions, I should probably practice." She looked at the tree again. "This guy's offense sucks, but his defense isn't half bad." Har har. Really though, she wondered if Summer would be willing to help her out. She couldn't remember if he had been working on his own skills or not.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
<33333333!!

Summer smirked at the sight of her clasping the branch in her teeth, only to grin even broader when she released it and it wobbled back and forth until steadying just as Vienna finished her retort. She went on to explain that she was practicing her fightin' moves for outrider missions. The explanation piqued his interest as this was certainly something he too needed practice in.

"You had another altercation?" he asked, for first and foremost, he needed to make certain that she was alright. "Please don't tell me that it was a cougar," the Ostrega added after a second, "I don't think I can take another cougar attack." He was truly sick unto death of their feline enemies. It would be one thing if they had actually gotten some sort of retribution, but the attacks just kept happening and the wolves always seemed to come out on the losing side.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Summer too latched onto the wording, and she brushed it off with a flick of her tail. "Nah, no cougar, thank heavens. It was a wolf... Or some sort of thing. It didn't look much like us, but definitely a cousin." The attacker had been quick to back off when it realized she wasn't completely helpless, but she still didn't feel as though she had aquitted herself well. "I'm fine though, barely a scratch." She'd had no issues since patching herself up, the wounds easy to clean and quick to close.

"I hear you had an incident of your own though, on your trip? You ok?" Jace had mentioned an attack when he met her on her way in and she too had been concerned. Did she already need to practice her newfound skills again or was he all taken care of? Seems their outrider missions were bound to be interesting though, as not many went by without incident.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer gave a small smile of relief. He was pleased to hear that Vienna had escaped without much damage, but also very intrigued at the description she gave of her attacker. He knew of coyotes, but they actually looked rather like wolves. What could it have been? And were there more? Were they a threat?

Vienna redirected the topic back at him, causing Summer to hit the pause button on his thoughts. His mind went to the strange black bitch that had attacked him and immediately he felt heat tinging his cheeks. "I'm fine," he replied with a light shake of his head, "Let's just say.. I think I might need a tree of my own to spar with." He smiled crookedly with a small chuckle.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She laughed as he admitted to perhaps needing his own tree. "Well, you can gladly share mine, though I don't know how much fight it has left in it." The poor thing was looking a little worn after she'd been tugging and worrying it. "Maybe we could practice with each other? We might find a little more challenge than we'd get out of a tree anyway. Maybe." She couldn't promise that though. Her fights wither her father had been long ago, and though she remembered his lessons, she'd been rather lax with practice. It showed.

"If you want, that is!" She wasn't going to expect it of him, nor would she be put out if he didn't wish to. Another sparring partner would come along, she was sure, and it probably wouldn't hurt her to get practice in in the meantime so she wouldn't get trounced. Not that she wouldn't get trounced anyway, of course. It would be fun to spar with him though, and it had been a while since she'd had a good bout of play wrestling. Her father had been a bit... protective since the whole thing with her brother.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer set his gaze upon the wilted, beaten tree as she spoke of sharing it with him. He quirked a brow at it and was about to respond when she took the words right out of his mouth. He gave her a smile instead and listed as she suggested that maybe they practice on each other instead. It was an intriguing idea, there was no arguing that... But the thought of sparring with Vienna, even if it was just for practice or even play.. It just seemed wrong.

The Ostrega remained silent for a few long seconds before finally heaving a sigh and sharing another grin. "I don't know.." he replied slowly, "I just can't imagine ever fighting with such a delicate little flower. It seems so innately wrong." It wasn't too often that he teased like this, but it came easy with Vienna. Even at his darkest and most withdrawn moments, he had always been affected by her light.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
i always assume things Danni so as always feel free to kick me :)
Also I am good with either dice spar, ic posts, or a combo (posts with rolls for success) Whatever you prefer!

She drew up in a scowl that she knew was far from convincing because she was having a hard time not bursting out laughing. "Those are fighting words. C'mere, let me sit on you, see how 'delicate a flower' I am then!" She dropped into a playful bow, a challenging and inviting look passed to him. She hoped he'd take her up on it and wasn't being serious here... She could use the practice as well as he.

Besides, she liked to think she'd set him straight pretty quickly here on the whole delicate thing. Especially if he tried to go easy on her. Jace had made that mistake a couple of times in their youth. "Don't be nervous, I'll try not to put the hurt on you too badly!" She was glad she was able to so easily exchange jokes with Summer... He was the one thing in the pack outside of drama, the friend she could freely relax around, and she loved that she had that.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Vienna ignored his playful warning and merely dropped into attack position, fully intent on making him eat his words.  Summer's smirk easily slipped into a smile at the sight.  He had always been something of an older sister to him, but now that he himself was older, she seemed to be something different entirely.  He couldn't put a paw on it exactly, but nonetheless, he found himself lowering his own posture and tensing his muscles in preparation for what he assumed would be the fight of his life.

"I'd beg you to spare me, but I know better than to waste my breath in such a moment," Summer quipped back with a grin, prowling along to the right as to circle her.  He wasn't keen on making the first move.  He would leave that up to his opponent and then react accordingly.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
i don't remember what we said we were doing lool! Crud.  Dice spars or do we wanna roll for the outcome? If dice spar I can start kne out, if roll here's my number (1d8) 3 

Too right, she thought as he responded, lowering himself to prepare.  He didn't seem keen on making the first move, so she slowly took a few steps, a bit to the side, attempting to recall some of her father's training as she did so.  

Darting in, she attempted to use her shoulder to overbalanced him, hoping to rock his center so she could perhaps knock him over.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Though Summer had been waiting for her to move, he hadn't expected the quickness with which she did.  He braced for the impact of her attack just in time, but was unable to otherwise avoid it.  She slammed into his chest with her shoulder, knocking him backwards.  He didn't lose his center, though, and regained his footing enough in the next second to reach for the nape of her neck, hoping to grab her and pull her down.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
omg such neglecting *pets*
also have no idea how we are doing this, so I'm gonna roll with it and we can sort it out later >>

When she made contact, she failed to overbalance him, though she did manage to rock his stance a bit.  Instead he went for her neck, grabbing her by the nape.  Memories surfaced of play fights with her father, when he had shown her this very move.  Do not tear away unless you must... don't open wounds yourself, let your enemies work for it. 

Though instinct told her to pull away (and though she knew he would never break skin in this spar), this was to be practice and should be treated as a real fight.  So she attempted to bring her body up under him, hoping to tip him over and surprise him into letting go.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
LOL I have no idea either - wing it??

Summer's attempt at catching her worked as he snatched onto a mouthful of the loose fur at the nape of her neck.  Holding tightly - though not enough to break the skin or even hurt, really - he shifted his weight against her, trying to use his height to his advantage by pushing downwards against her.  Vienna was not done expending the tricks up her sleeve however, and in the same moment he lifted a paw to place upon her spine to assist in his own move, she shoved her weight upwards against him.  The force successfully knocked him off balance and he stumbled backwards a couple of steps, clenching his jaws in hopes of not losing his grip upon her scruff.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
im gonna go ahead and wrap this a bit ^^ if that's ok!

His grip held despite her attempt to shove it, and the fact that he held on made her own move overbalanced her.  Falling heavily on her side, she laughed, tail thumping as she broke off the spar.  "Alright, alright, you got some moves for sure!"  They hadn't gone long but she was pretty well stuck by him and she knew it.

"We'll have to do this again. Thanks!" Still giggling, she gave him a swift lick on the cheek in appreciation, then bounced to her feet (when he let her up, that is). "I think now I'm gonna go for a swim." She looked at the dust that now coated her fur. "Wanna come?"
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer's move was successful and Vienna went down underneath his weight.  He caught himself with a foreleg before he fell completely over her and crushed her beneath him.  He laughed as she did, grinning as she admitted defeat.  He kept quiet as he stepped away to give her room to pull herself up.  With a great shake, he freed his coat of some of the debris that had collected upon it during their scuffle, turning towards her when he stopped only to freeze as she placed a lick upon his cheek.

He watched her dance away, suggesting that they go for a swim.  Summer watched her for a second or two before finding the ability to nod.  His tail swayed gently as he followed her towards the river, his mind swimming with thoughts that he set aside so that he could enjoy the rest of his day with her - unaware that it would be his last for a while.