Duskfire Glacier we never go out of style
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
goodbye? :c
"lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones"

[size=small]It had not been negligence what had driven the young female away from her Confidential Girl Club. Even if her visits to the place were now less frequent, her drive to collect and store things in the back of the dark tunnels Scarlett and she had carved into the earth about a month ago, was always latent in her heart. Still, it would just a lie to say she had spent her time there, or that she had noticed the troubles that stirred with not only her mother, but her best friend --only friend --Scarlett.

With her mother's hysteria taking it's own toll on the interpersonal relations between packmates, and Maera's own wonderlust and desire to find a passion eating her alive she had, unknowingly, strayed away from the core of the Glacier, and from those who she cared for.
She knew nothing about her mother's altercation with Scarlett's new favorite child, Adlartok, but if she did, it was more than obvious whose side she would've taken.

So with a twig and an eagle feather clutched between her front teeth, the redheaded teen finally entered the small clearing she had basically had spent her childhood at. The clearing that held her treasures. As she walked towards the sad opening of the den she noticed the weak presence of her dear Clubmate's sweet perfume.
A soft hrrmph slipped past the goodies in her mouth and into the cold Winter air.
Even if she had not been actively visiting the Club for the past weeks, she had not expected to find out that she had not been the only one neglecting the place either.
Immediately, Maera's rash teenage mind went back to the strange, masculine, smell she had found clinging to the Caretaker's skin during one of their hunting lessons.

Now, Maera knew little of romance or relationships -- practically nothing aside from what the love her parents had once exhibited -- but with the female's absence as an enigma and the eerie smell surfacing in her mind as the only explanation Maera crunched the twig in half as she allowed the feather to simply fall of her mouth.
Had she changed the Club for a man?

Had she broken the (yet unknown to Maera) law of chicks before dicks?

An anxious huff erupted from her chest then as she thought of how silly she had been to think that Scarlett wouldn't leave her too. They all did eventually, didn't they? And even if they came back -- as her mother -- the void left by their departure was always felt.
So with her ego dented and her ears twisting back upon her skull she tipped her head up and called for @Scarlett .
Deep within her heart the teen wished that, regarless of who was the man she was with now (Adlartok or Kove) any reunion the albino was currently in, was interrupted by her calls.
A Club meeting was more important.
It had to be.

But, little did the girl know that the very first meeting she held would perhaps be as well, the last.[/SIZE]
[Image: girl_gang.png]
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

Scarlett happened to be just close enough outside of Duskfire to hear Maera's howl. The light female didn't want to go, but her motherly instinct told her that she had at least say goodbye to Maera. It would be unfair for the girl if she didn't. Oh how horrible Scarlett felt now. She knew that Mae had trouble with people leaving and now even she left the teenager. That was one of the main reasons why she went back into Duskfire lands. Since she knew the place well, Scarlett had het was to sneak into the territory unseen. She felt her heart beat more quickly. Her light body made no sound when she moved. As a gamekeeper she knew that she had to pay attention to the winds and other loud objects that could make her presence known.

The albino moved forward with a low to the ground trot. After having talked to Kove she had a new plan and she had to believe in herself to make it work. Scarlet inched closer to the open field where she met Mae for the first time. Scarlett crept closer and ended up in the under bushes, watching the red princess. "Psssst. Pssssttt," Scarlett chuffed softly and let the bushes shake for Maera to see her. Scarlett's red eyes peeking from under the bush they looked sad, she felt like she betrayed Maera after all. "Hey, Princess. I can't be in your club anymore. Your mother kicked me out of the pack... I'm so sorry to leave the club like this, but I am not allowed in Duskfire anymore," she whispered sadly.
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
"lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones"

[size=small]With the small treasures of her earlier voyage by the forests that surrounded the Glacier hanging from her mouth and dangling idly like a cigarette, Maera continued to linger above the long forgotten entrance of the place she spend both the best and worst days of her youth at. She stood there, petrified like a gargoyle until the whisper of the summoned female reached her rust-tipped ears, making them swivel violently upon her crown as she turned too to face the talking bush.

Her eyes scanned immediately for the whiteness of the albino's lush coat but found instead, craddled between the green foliage, two spheres of sad red; her eyes. The beggining telltales of a smile began to creep upon her lips until she urgency with which the hidden female responded with kicked the sense that something was wrong inside the ignorant child's mind. Why was she hiding? There was no time for sillyness, she thought while parting her lips to voice her question -- of course before the quick and painful stab of Scarlett's following words reached her.

First came the shock of her announcement: she was ot going to be in the Vlub anymore...Alright, at least she'd had the decency of showing face and giving explanations unlike the former members that had faded like ghosts.
With her mouth clicking shut again, Maera could not deny her disappointment, and sadness, but neither could she hide the utter shock that her excuse, or reasoning for leaving was.
She had been exiled?
By her mother?
Her mother.. Tuwawi.. the sole family member she had left in the vastness of the universe that was the Glacier?
No.

It's lies!, a voice squeaked inside her head.
It could not be real. She could not believe that her mother; who had given her life and, despite leaving once, had given the princess nothing but love, could be capable of causing such pain. W-What do you mean...? she urged, her hazel eyes narrowing in confusion as she tried to make sense of why her mother, her sweet mother, would ever have a feud with Scarlett, her good friend Scarlett.[/SIZE]
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

The lone wolf looked at her friend, the child she had taken care of for such a long time until her mother returned. Scarlett frowned lightly as she stayed where she was. The light hearted female saw the shock on the youngster's face. Scarlett felt bad for telling her what her mother did but it had been the truth. Maera should know what her mother was like. She also attacked Adlartok because he wasn't her child. The red queen had turned crazy. Slowly Scarlett's red eyes were casted down before they hardened a bit. They glanced into Maera's eyes. "I meant like I said it. Your mother kicked me out. I didn't agree with her and she told me I should leave. It were her lands apparently. She found me too weak to have a spot in Duskfire Glacier."

Her white fur was ruffled by the sneaking and the winds. It was still quite cold outside. Scarlett wanted Maera to know the truth. The child saw her mother as something good but Tuwawi had gone through so much that good had turned into something bad. "I'm sorry, Mae. But frankly. I am scared of your mother. She might kill me if she sees me on DFG lands. Which also means that I can only hang out with you if you cross the border to rising sun valley." Of all the youngsters she had taken care of she felt bad mostly for Maera. She had always been abandoned, and now once again by Scarlett. Even though Scarlett couldn't really help it, it was still some form of abandonment. It was the ones closest to you that hurt you the most. Scarlett knew that all too well.

girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
sorry mae is a stupid ass teen ;__;
The words, the accusations, the pointing of fingers was in the teen's mind, her little irrational mind, uncomprehensible and unacceptable. There was no right -- no excuse.
Her mother, the fire from where her own flame had been ignited, could not be accused of being a dire sinner -- a guilty madwoman with murderous deliriums. 
Even though the incident with the loud-mouth brat, Adlartok, was not mentioned it did not need to be. 
It wouldn't have made a difference anyways.
Because all that Tuwawi, the legitimate Queen of the Glacier, said or did, was to Maera, the proud Princess, correct. Her judgement, however clouded by the tragedy that had touched their family, was to Maera unquestionable.
Irrevocable.

"They are hers." the girl interjected, her eyes blinking incredulously at the pale female as if suddenly another red eye had bloomed out of her forehead. She knew well who had founded the pack she so fervently claimed to love, didn't she? Malachi was a fill-in, he had always been so. "Ours" she then corrected, her neck becoming stiff and erect with the pride she had always carried for her last name, for her heritage -- as broken and damaged as it was. 

In the silence that followed Maera's acclaration, a dejavu of past experiences came into mind. 
The speech Scarlett went on to give was one Maera knew very well. 
It were her goodbyes -- and though they held a promise, the faintest flicker of hope for a future reencounter Maera knew very well how hollow words could be.
Especially promises.

"You should not have come then, she'll kill you if she sees you here" she barked dully, only her hazel eyes softening at the sight, what would probably be the last, of her friend. 
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett isn't that kind anymore either.. :O

Scarlett's ears fell back when Maera pointed out to her again that these were Tuwawi's lands. That was when Scarlett decided there was no hope for the girl. She was ruined by abandonment and disloyalty. Of course one would be like her. No one ever stayed, she was always alone, which didn't make sense for an animal that craved social bonding. Scarlett lightly shook her head, hating that their friendship ended that way. Scarlett rose her head, not more that timid little thing. Being a lone wolf once more after you thought your pack would have your back would do that to you. 

"Well if you can't even see that I prefer our friendship over my own life then I think I will reconsider you as a friend," she returned sharply which might come off as really unexpected. "I am here for you and if you are going to send me away like this then you are not worth my friendship." Scarlett took having a friend seriously especially one like Maera but if the girl could only see her mother's perfection and talk about their lands then Scarlett was not going to invest in the child anymore.