Stavanger Bay Changes are coming
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It was painfully obvious, that Thistle was pregnant. Even more so to the fawn colored shield Maiden. She was on the receiving end of the symptoms. Though she was thankful, that the sickness was done. She could do without the cramps or the fatigue or even the dizziness. It would hit her, if she stood to quickly, and she'd have to stand still for a moment until it passed. Fearful that she may faint.

Today was one of those days, she had stood too quickly and she was teetering a bit. Tilting her head, she looked around, blinking her eyes rapidly she waited for her eyes to focus. Snorting to herself she trotted towards the borders. Her belly was already beginning to grow rotund, so she had a feeling either these pups were much bigger or there were more. Especially, since she was showing already. Granted most did at this point, it came quicker for her. She supposed it may or could have something to do with the fact that she already had been pregnant before. Maybe her muscles just couldn't hold up.

She continued to the borders, certain that Ragnar wouldn't be too thrilled that she was going. However, someone had to do it, and she was still the sole leader, he had not stepped up. So, she had to continue her duties.
31 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Lyric was padding through the trees when she spotted the pregnant alpha trotting towards the borders. She must be checking them to make sure there were no intruders. Even though Lyric didnt know much about pregnant females she was pretty sure what the alpha was doing was not a good idea.

She trotted over to Thistle. She didnt dare say to the alpha she shouldnt be doing the border patrol but perhaps Lyric could offer aide to her. Offer to do half the territory so Thistle wasn't forced to do it all. "Hey Thistle, " Lyric said bowing her head in greeting. " I was wondering, did you want me to patrol half of the borders. " she said this nervously for she was worried she would offend her and that was the last thing she wanted to do.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle felt safe and secure in her borders. It did not worry her all that much to be patrolling the borders. Perhaps, she should have worried, should have thought about it more. She was thinking of her regular routine, anxious to get the borders patrolled and watched. She would have to rethink this defense though, and get some more of the pack involved.

Thistle smiled at the girl, and shook her head. How about you walk with me?

She tilted her head and looked around. I think we are safe today. Why don't you tell me of yourself while we walk?
31 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Rhythm waited patiently for the alphess' response. Thistle shook her head "How about you walk with me," she said. Rhythm nodded. "Ok sure," when asked to talk about herself Rhythm wasnt really sure where to start. She didn't have a long winded story but it was still hard to talk about.

"Well I was born into a pack far from here," she began as she followed Thistle Cloud. "I was never really accepted there or felt like I belonged, my packmates treated me like I couldn't do anything. Never let me help out with hunts. Which might be why I'm not good at it. Wouldn't let me patrol because they thought if there was an intruder I wouldn't win a fight. Or I would be too nice. the tasks i did get to do. My mentors acted like it was so much work for them to teach me stuff. Didn't have any friends really."

She never really understood what it was about her that the other wolves didn't like. Sure she was shy but she was determined to please the others all the time. Maybe it was because she was a small wolf for her kind. Made her seem weaker than she actually was.

"So," she continued. "When I was about seven and a half months old I chose to leave my pack, to come search for a better home,better life. Looking for someone to give me a chance." She finished.

She glanced around at her surroundings as she walked making not of different landmarks so she wouldn't get lost when she went out on her own. "That is my life," she stated. "Or at least the part I've lived. I still got a while yet." she said stifling a small laugh.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
They settled into companionable silence for the moment. Walking beside each other, in the stillness. Thistle looked around quietly, waiting for Lyric to begin.

Thistle listened and wondered at it. Granted the girl was young, so perhaps that was why that had not allowed her to do anything. Perhaps if she had waited for adulthood, they would have been more accepting. Not that Thistle minded, that the girl was here now. I'm sorry you were treated that way Lyric. Here we expect everyone to pull their own weight.

Thistle chuckled Yes you still have a lot of time. What would you like to learn about first? Trade wise I mean? I myself am a caretaker, healer and warden.
31 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Lyric thought for a moment about the question she had been asked. "I think i would like to pursue Counsellor first and then caretaker," she paused and then nodded as if confirming her decision. "Ill pull my weight I promise," she said with a large grin. It was a nice day finally. ONe that wasnt too cold but also not too hot. It was just right. Spring was coming. She could hear the birds and the snow was slowly dissapearing. Spring was her favourite season. Although she loved to see the leaves in the fall too. "Anything else i should know about this pack?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle watched with gentle patience, as the girl thought about her answer. A trait thistle liked in many of those she led. She felt one should always think of their answers.

Thistle sighed softly, spring was indeed coming. And the babes in her womb would make their appearance, as the spring came full tilt. In this they would grow strong and healthy.

Well we follow viking ideals and religions. We don't ask our members too, unless they want too. But Ragnar, myself and our children do.
31 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Lyric tilted her head slightly. "Where might i learn of this religion and ideals if i wish to follow it?" she asked quietly. She had only heard of the nereides never that ok the vikings.

"Am i asking too many questions," she asked "Oh shoot thats another question. She winced for a second. Then kept walking. This was a decent sized teritory. Means she had places to walk. If she wanted to stroll.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle tilted her ears forward. Well Ragnar can help you. Or I can. He knows more than I do, but i know enough about it to help some. Thistle wondered, at what all the girl knew. She imagined she was a smart, girl. She was certainly adapting well.

Thistle chuckled softly, Not at all. You can ask as many questions as you like. It does not make any never mind to me. I enjoy answering them. Remember, I have had children before, and more on the way. Questions are normal to me. And how else will you learn?
31 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Lyric's ears twitched listening to the alphess talking. "That's true," she replied "I suppose you don't learn anything if you don't ask questions. Yes pups do ask a lot of questions don't they." she chuckled at the thought.

There was a young set of pups around before she left the pack. They would always bug her about things. Or ask her to play. Which she didn't mind doing. She had a lot of energy sometimes. She did miss some of the wolves that were younger than her. They were the only ones who liked her. 

"Perhaps I'll find Ragnar soon and ask him about the vikings. I am curious to know what the religion entails. I feel i could learn a lot from both of you." Lyric smiled. Perhaps. She would be better off here anyways. Even if it was just she was too young. She would have ended up leaving to find her own path anyways. 

OOC: Thinking we should end this off somewhere soon im running out of questions XD things to say. Lol. 
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle chuckled and nodded, then she frowned. Truth be told, her children hadn't asked many questions. Neither had the ostregas. Their reality was far to harsh, Gunnar and Mercury and Gyda were fighting to survive right alongside Thistle and Ragnar. Charon and Levi were fighting just to stay happy, while both their parents and their two siblings were gone.

You will have lots of new pups to teach, and play with. I hope, as long as I am granted healthy babes, and I stay healthy. She grew quiet in thought. She was excited to meet these new little ones. But she was also very scared, there was so much turmoil going on outside of their lands, it was spilling into theirs. She hoped all would go well.

You do that yes, and I can always help. I know enough to teach, but my husband is the real knowledgeable one for viking culture. Come let's finish our patrol, then I think I want a nap. You of course deserve one too, if you want one. She smiled and continued on.

OOC: sure fade with your next post :D
31 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Lyric was happy to hear there would soon be pups for her to meet teach and play with. Keep them safe though.  "Yes you must stay healthy and im sure your pups will too" she smiled and nodded.

Lyric's paws were beginning to ache but nothing she couldn't handle. When she brought up that she was probably going to end the patrol soon and take a nap Lyric tried to act civilized. She would take a nap to she thought and perhaps later find Ragnar. "I think I'll take you up on that nap option, Im just a little tired. Later I'll find Ragnar and ask him about the Vikings." she commented. She would be talking to them both about it but first she would ask Ragnar. Plus it gave her chance to meet him as well. 

"I shall be going now," Lyric muttered turning. "I'm going to search for the perfect spot to nap," she chuffed a little then smiled and bowed her head in fairwell. Turning to walk away from the Alphess slowly.

OOC: I think thats it for me. Nice to thread with you. Uh i think i may have messed up though on the whole wolf respect thing by being the one to turn tail and leave first. xD Oops.