Whitefish River Homegrown Honey
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's intro into the Wilds.

Sebastian had been traveling for awhile now. His sole reason why he was traveling was to find his dad. Sebastian could have stayed in Canada and find a new pack to live in but that didn't settle well with the young wolf. After his father lost another fight against Darius his father suddenly left. Sebastian's whole fantasy world he made up in his head about the fact that his father did secretly care from him was thrown of the ledge he lived on. Burke left him and his family under the care of Darius. His uncle who only wanted power and do nothing except fight for it. Sebastian's father didn't care about him at all. Sebastian grew more bitter each day towards his father. He abandoned them instead of fighting for his family! Like the true alpha Burke should be!

The young grey's mind often tried to make up reasons why his father left. But each time it ended with the conclusion that his father didn't care about him. Sebastian had arrived in a new area. He was surprised how comfortable he felt here. Maybe it was because there were no cars and humans in this area. Maybe he was in a national park! Sebastian trotted to the river to quench his thirst. Funny how the young wolf wanted to be as big and strong as his father when he was small, and now he was grown into his full body he would nothing rather to be a bit shorter. At least he hadn't grown into the tank of muscle. That is how he remembered his father. Sebastian was embarrassed when he thought of the time he tried to bite off his own tail to look like his dad. He looked enough like his dad already. The traitor Burke was. Sebastian lowered his head and started drinking from the river.
44 Posts
Ooc —
First wolf he meets is one who thinks she's a seal. Pfft, good luck to Seb.

The girl had originally arrived at a large lake, but then she'd followed a part of he water that was branching off, only to find that the lake from before actually emptied into a river. It was odd, to her, that something so calm could empty into a river, which could be rough and wild at anytime it so chose to. Still, none of the freshwater was anything like her beloved sea. The only good thing was the taste of the freshwater fish, and the fact that she could drink the water as she walked along it—something she found herself doing since she'd arrived. Even now, her small legs carried her close along the river with her seal skin laid across her back, not a worry in the world. She wouldn't mind going for a little swim in the water, but wasn't yet ready to stop walking. After all, she'd only recently left her last resting spot, and while she'd traveled quite the distance since then, her legs had yet to grow tired. It was a good thing, too, because her sea green optics soon found their way to the form of a grey male. She could not tell whether he was kind or not, or whether she was at risk of being harmed if she approached. That troubled her young mind.

Muirgen pressed herself closer to the river, readying herself to jump in if necessary. She hoped she wouldn't have to, as swimming with her seal skin in unknown waters could sometimes be difficult, but it would be much better than the alternative. On the off chance that the male was not looking to bring her harm, the selkie continued forward on her original path, doing her best to not stare at the wolf. Staring was rude, and she didn't want to offend him by doing so. The girl did pay close attention to him, as she'd been taught to, so she could react right away if he tried anything funny.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Seb will be like; "... You are not a seal, gurl." XD

Sebastian drank from the water as if he hadn't had water in days. Frankly the water filled his empty stomach. He still needed to hunt for today. His pale colored eye then caught some movement, he instantly raised his head and looked at the approaching wolf. His nose inhaled her scent. Instantly he rose his tail from a neutral stance into holding it up proudly. His tongue licked over his wet lips before turning to face her. His eyes squinted as he saw something draped over the light female's back. Slowly he frowned. Sebastian didn't want to be too prejudiced but he had never seen a wolf do that before.

"Good morning," he greeted and then trotted closer. The male had a surprisingly friendly disposition. His grey fur shining in the morning sun, his eyes vibrant and his stance confident, yet not arrogant. "Do you know this location well? I am in search of a certain wolf," Sebastian asked. She was wearing something weird on her back, his dad had a docked tail. Maybe weirdo's attract. Right?
44 Posts
Ooc —
The man had seemed to notice her quicker than what she was expecting, which caused her to freeze for a second. After taking in a breath, she continued moving forward, uncertainty clear in the way she held herself. She started to grow a bit more confident as the other showed to be friendly, but she couldn't help but wonder if it might be an act. No, that couldn't be it. Others didn't do things like that, or did they? She'd never come across a liar before, and hoped that today wouldn't be the day she did. As they grey wolf grey closer, all her anxieties disappeared. She'd caught sight of his eyes, which were as blue as the sea on a sunny day, and instantly allowed a smile to show on her face. Muirgen believed he, too, might be from the sea. His looks were certainly handsome enough to match that of a male selkie, but she didn't see his seal skin anywhere. Maybe he'd hidden it, or perhaps someone had stolen it. She wished to know, but needed to answer his question first. It was the polite thing to do.

"Good morning," she repeated back, her tail swaying gently behind her. She had never met a selkie outside of her rookery before, and was very excited to now have the chance to. Her head shook in response to his question, but the smile never fell or even faltered. "I am sorry, but I do not," she answered. "I only just arrived recently." She couldn't contain her excitement any longer, and finally let the questions leave her mouth. "Are you a selkie too? Oh, I am so happy to have found another like me! What sea are you from? What is the name of your rookery?" Muirgen was one excited little girl, but it was all due to an incorrect assumption. Little did she know that she would be disappointed by the answers given to her questions.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
The large young male looked at the female. He had not encountered a seal before, nor a real sea to be really honest. The girl seemed so happy to meet a kin of hers, he almost couldn't break her heart. Yet, he didn't know about the culture she spoke of. If he would lie he would easily be caught. "I arrived recently too!," he retuned, smiling charmingly. His tail gave a friendly wag. Slowly he smiled with kind and a bit of pity. "I am sorry dear girl but I don't know the culture you speak of. I have never seen a sea. I know of the concept but I yet to see the salt water for myself. I also don't know what a Selkie is but I think it has something to do with the skin on your back?"

The grey male sat down and tipped head a bit in an adorable way. A light frown on his face. "I didn't meant to hurt your feelings with that. At least I didn't lie to you. I am a honest and responsible young man," he returned with a softer voice. She had seem so excited and he just crushed that hope. Now he felt a bit bad. He felt like... his father. Uch, he disliked that feeling. He didn't want to be like him at all. He didn't want to crush fantasies and hopes like how his father had ruined his.
44 Posts
Ooc —
The second that charming smile appeared on his face, she could feel her face heating up beneath her coat out of embarrassment. Here she was, still so young, and having such a charming smile sent her way by a male selkie. Only, he wasn't a selkie, and the knowledge of that made her entire posture fall. Muirgen felt foolish for having even considered the idea of one of her kind roaming the land, and her disappointment showed through entirely. He had been very kind to tell her the truth rather than lie, but that didn't prevent her eyes from getting watery. She quickly blinked the tears away, not wishing to let them fall in the presence of the stranger. "I apologize for mistaking you for someone you are not," she told him. Words of encouragement went through her head, telling her that mistakes were made all the time and that she shouldn't beat herself up over it, which helped to brighten her mood. Not entirely, but enough to ensure she wouldn't start crying anytime soon. Her head nodded in response to his last words, confirming his guess of the skin on her back being related. "It is my seal skin," she explained, wishing to put her previous mistake behind her. "It keeps me connected to the sea, and allows me to see my brothers and sisters of the sea when I wish to. We selkies are not free without our skins." The last part was spoken quieter than the rest, for obvious reasons.

The selkie brought her gaze back to the man's face, after it had slowly started to drift away to look passed him. "I am grateful you did not lie to me," she told him, her earlier sadness having more or less dissolved from her voice completely. "You could have taken advantage of my lack of knowledge of this place, but I am happy you did not." So young and naive, she probably would have never seen the truth for herself had then male lied. She would have believed everything he would have said, even if her mind wished for her not to. Muirgen was a bit homesick, though she wouldn't admit it, and would take probably take even a lie.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at the young girl and stepped back when he saw her eyes tear up. He wasn't entirely sure about girls yet. All the other girls in his pack were like siblings to him. They probably were depending other father. Sebastian was always a bit skeptical about girls but now this one was close to crying because he wasn't the kind she hoped he was, was freaking him out a bit. "It is alright. I mean. I am the one that should be sorry making you cry," he returned. He at least tried to be nice.

He slowly nodded when she explain him about her seal skin. He found it a weird concept. Wolves were from land not from the sea. Which weirdo came up with the thought process that wolves might actually come from the sea. Sebastian snorted. "Okay....," he drawled, not really sure about what she just said. "So you think you are a fish, or... seal, whatever? You don't even look like them? You are a wolf," he pointed out, not trying to be rude but he just wanted answers. Sebastian slowly nodded. "I am not that type of guy to lie and manipulate. Not in my ge--nature." He almost wanted to say genes. It was in his genes to lie and manipulate.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Muirgen, obviously, had no idea she was freaking the male out by getting teary eyed. Had he never seen a saddened girl before? In her rookery, everyone was considered related through Lir and the sea, but that was only in spirit and mind, not blood. Due to that, most only saw their blood relatives as being completely related, but everyone still acted like one giant and caring family. Each was considerate of the the feelings of those around them, and if any conflicts ever broke out they would quickly be settled in a calm way. It was a place much different from where the male came from, but she didn't know that. She sniffled quietly, but then quickly made herself stop. "I am not crying," she countered, a bit stubbornly. The girl didn't want to be viewed as some crybaby, especially since she was trying to be strong on her long journey from home.

The selkie huffed, once again, as the male continued to speak. He informed her she was a wolf, and that she did not even look like a seal. She couldn't help but silently giggle at that statement in the end, though. "I do not think I am a seal, I know I am one," Muirgen told him, a bit of confidence showing through in her voice. "My body may resemble a wolf now, but we selkies have two bodies. With our skins, we can acquire our seal body once again, and be one with the ocean." That, of course, never actually happened. Most would take their skins into the water with them, but fro one to change their species entirely was an impossible task. She, however, did not believe that. She truly believed she could take on the form of a seal. "I am happy to have met one like yourself, then." The girl would have been lost in her mind had she met a liar.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian laughed softly. "You eyes were watery what are you then? Emotionally touched?," the young man bantered back playfully. The more he spend his time with this girl the crazier he believed she was. In what kind of nature park did he end up to?! How curious. The pale eyed male studied the female once more. Her coat did look like the skin on her back. He had never seen a seal. When the girl claimed she was a seal Sebastian was shocked for a few seconds before he bursted out laughing, loudly. She was hilarious.

The young male didn't mean to laugh that hard at her. "Sweetheart. If you lived next or by the ocean for your whole life I don't think you are going to change into a seal soon. Did you hit your head with a rock?," he chuckled. "And if you are messing with me you are doing a damn good job." Sebastian was still chuckling, amused by what she seemed to believe in. He realized how rude he might be right now. And he really really didn't want to be as horrible as his dad but he couldn't stop laughing. She was probably not as happy with him now as she was before.

Sebastian plopped down on his butt, still laughing. "God, I haven't laughed like that in a long time. You... a seal. Hahahahaha. Nope. You are crazy, little girl," he pointed out. He wasn't trying to be mean, he meant it in a playful way, but it could sound a little bit mean.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Well, I officially feel bad for Muirgen now.

When the comment about her watery eyes was made, an annoyed pout appeared across her face. She might try to act like an adult at times, but she was still very much a child. "Some dirt got in them," she stated defiantly, acting much more childish than she had before. It was clear she was speaking in a more playful manner, but that disappeared the second he started to laugh. Her voice when silent and all emotions slipped from her face, save for a trace of sorrow. The selkie wondered why he was laughing at her. She'd thought he was going to be a kind since he hadn't lied to her, but it appeared as if she was sadly mistaken. It made her eyes prickle with tears one again, but she refused to let them fall. Muirgen didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

As he spoke through his laughter, she could feel the unshed tears getting heavier in her eyes. "I did not hurt my head," she stated, doing her best to keep her inner sobs from being heard in her voice. "I am a selkie, I am a seal, I am not just some wolf, I come from the sea..." She rambled on with her words, trying to show the man he was wrong. By the end, however, the tears had started to slide down from her eyes, and her voice had started to crack. Muirgen didn't like that he doubted her, or that he thought she was messing with him. In that moment, she regretted leaving home entirely. At home, everyone was a selkie, and no one was there to harm her emotionally, as the grey man had. Everyone was kind, and if something ever happened to make anyone cry, someone would be there to comfort them. They were one big family, after all. Here, though, she didn't have that. She didn't have her parents, siblings, or anyone else to comfort her when she was sad, she was all alone. And, to make matters worse, she just had to have stumbled upon someone who was mean and uncaring about what he said to others. She wanted to go home.

"I am not crazy!" she protested, choking back a sob that tried to rack her petite form. "I am a seal, and I come from a family of seals! I am a selkie, I am not crazy..." Her words seemed to trail off at the end, leaving her with no sound leaving her mouth except for her quiet cries. Muirgen was ready to go home now. She told herself she had left home too early, that she wasn't yet strong enough to handle being on her own, and she believed herself.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Poor Muirg!!! :( Sebastian should work on being a gentleman.

Sebastian watched how the female was believing this bullshit with so much passion she was even defending it. He didn't mean to come across as mean but from his point of view it sounded really strange. He had grown up under a strict wolfpack regime. Not some flowery fairytale where wolves came from the see. Having a skin like that on your back also seemed really inconvenient especially with hunting. Instantly Sebastian wondered how this female even cared for herself. How she found food for herself. His pale blue eyes settled into her sea green ones. They were really pretty. But those pretty eyes were teared up and crying right now, because of him.......

Sebastian felt slightly bad, okay, he felt really bad for hurting her. But what she believed with passion that is what Sebastian didn't believe.. with the same passion. He felt sad to hear the girl's quiet cries. A soft sigh came off his lips. "Look. You have your believe and I have mine. I don't believe that you are a seal. I bet if I push you in the ocean right now you won't turn into a seal. Okay, push is not the right words. Watch you go into the sea. Now don't cry. Just because I don't believe it doesn't mean that it isn't the truth you believe in," Sebastian spoke in return, it took all his strength to come over as serious. He stepped closer to her, so lose that he could lick away her tears from one side. "Don't cry, okay? I didn't mean anything bad by it. I never met a wolf like you--- I mean.. seal like you."
44 Posts
Ooc —
She wanted to stop crying, and she also wanted to leave, but she couldn't do either of those things. The tears wouldn't discontinue their flow just because she willed them to, and her legs seemed to not want to obey either. To put things simply, in that short bit of time, Muirgen had become a mess. She'd never been in a situation like this before, and the unknown frightened her. Perhaps that was what forced the tears to keep falling, even thought she constantly tried to stop them. She wanted to blame the man for causing this, but was it really his fault? She didn't know, and was too busy sobbing to try and figure it out. Maybe it was her fault for having left home in the first place. Sure, her parents had given her their blessing to leave, but she no longer thought that had been the best thing in the world. Had she not left, she wouldn't be in this situation, but she also wouldn't have seen some of the sights she did while traveling. The selkie was having conflicted thoughts, and none of them helped to put an end to her tears or calm her down.

Muirgen, against her better judgment, looked up at the man when she heard the sigh fall from his lips. Did he feel bad for what he did? She hoped so—no... no, she didn't. She didn't want to feel good over making another feel bad. That would make her no different than what she had assumed the male to be; though, luckily, her assumption had appeared to be wrong. He spoke of how he did not share her beliefs, which she could understand. She felt uneasy when he mentioned pushing her into the ocean, but it faded when he corrected himself. It seemed he really was trying to make up for what he'd done. Her head nodded slightly as she sniffled again, his words having successfully managed to stop her eyes from creating new tears every second. "Thank you," she murmured. "For caring and no longer laughing." Her previous cries could still be heard in her voice, but she was slowly starting to calm down, and was also starting to feel a bit silly. There were bound to be others who didn't believe her to be a seal, she knew that, and she couldn't change the thoughts of another. It made her feel foolish for having started to cry over it.

A small smile made it's way onto her face through the tears when he referred to her as a seal, rather than just a wolf. It showed the selkie that he was actually trying to cheer her up, and that he probably really had felt bad about bringing tears to her eyes. "I appreciate you calling me a seal," she told him, looking down as she spoke. Muirgen was unsure what to do when so close to a male, let alone one who had made her cry just seconds earlier. Looking away seemed to be the best course of action, to hide whatever tears still lingered, and to keep her gaze form meeting his sea-like one. She couldn't stay like that for long, though, and her eyes soon betrayed her and went to his eyes. At such a close range, she was able to see they were not of the ocean. "I made a mistake. You are not of the sea, as I had assumed, you are of the sky—and very kind." The blue could belong only to the sky, and she felt she had needed to point that out, as if it would show she respected his different beliefs.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had to admit that the quirky seal girl as really adorable. He couldn't help it, even with her silly thoughts the male couldn't really be blaming her for what her parents put in her head. Slowly the little girl turned from crying into sniffling, that was at least some progress. Sebastian was pleased with himself that he managed to calm the girl. "I told you before I am not some heartless wolf that laughs a people. I wasn't really prepared to run into something like you. Your believes cane come of as a bit weird for a land wolf like me. I mean, you look so much like a wolf I can't imagine you are a seal," he pointed out with kindness once more. He wanted to believe her but he just couldn't. He would need to laugh at himself.

Sebastian slowly smiled and then licked away more tears with his warm tongue. "I am trying to see it," he admitted. "I'm Sebastian." The large grey male towered over the youngster. He then reminded himself it might be a bit inappropriate to lick a girl that age. He backed off and fell down on his butt, looking at her. He slowly shook his head, suddenly not looking so happy anymore. "No. I have the eyes of my father. Who is a nasty traitor and--- Nevermind. I am not like him. I don't want to be. I'm better than him." When he said that Sebastian and looked at his oversized paws. He hated his looks, he hated how much he looked like his damn father. When he looked up the male looked into her sea green eyes. Kind.. Kind. This innocent female knows nothing. He killed before.
44 Posts
Ooc —
As the man continued to speak, his words brought her mood up more and more. She was no longer sniffling as frequently as before, but a few did still manage to slip passed her here and there. It seemed that, out of the two assumptions she'd made about his personality, only the one was right—he was not mean, but very nice. If she were to ever meet his father, the young girl would be incapable of seeing them as being related. Luckily, though, she seemed to be heading in the direction opposite of Blackfeather, not that she would know that. To Muirgen, she was just following the flow of the water, all because she believed it had to empty out somewhere. "I can see how a land dweller such as yourself could be taken aback by being in the presence of a selkie, such as myself," she commented, half to herself and half to him. She smiled at his mention of her looking so much like a wolf, he couldn't believe she was a seal. The man really was strange, in the girl's mind, at least. "That is because I currently walk as a wolf, and have not put on my skin to enter the ocean." Muirgen kept her voice as kind as she was able, but something hide within that could easily tell the male she thought what she was saying to be the most obvious thing in the world. Boy, did she have a lot to learn.

The little wolf was surprised to feel his tongue pass over her again, and could feel her skin heat up beneath her fur. She, of course, recognized the action as nothing more than embarrassment, plus her nerves acting out over the close proximity. What he introduced himself, she smiled at him, happy to have a name to put to his now-kind face. "I am pleased to meet you, Sebastian," the selkie said, stepping closer to touch the side of her muzzle to the side of his, as a way of greeting. She stepped back after, though, returning to her original place. "I am Muirgen Selchidh." Had she set out a few months back, she would not have been able to give her full name, as she'd used to have trouble pronouncing it all together. In syllables, she'd been able to, but bringing it all together had been a different story. Thankfully, she'd grown to be able to, else her introduction would have embarrassed herself.

Muirgen's head shook in response to what he had to say about his eyes, about them matching his fathers. She had, of course, never meet his father, but from what Sebastian said about him, she never wanted to either. He sounded as mean as she had thought the younger male to be earlier, and that was a type of being she didn't want to ever come across. "I believe you can be better," she told him, her words quieter than before. "Your eyes can not match someone like that. You must be mistaken."

It would seem Mui is too kind for her own good, and way too forgiving, as well.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
She definitely is! Haha. This cutie. Also apologies if the post is crappy. Braindead. But I wanted to reply.

Sebastian slowly raised his brows, which were highlighted by his two dots in his fur. "Oh so you call me a land dweller. What if I take offense in that?," he returned playfully. He wasn't a guy to get offended that quick, only if it hit him really personally. Sebastian had to get used to the way she was seeing and calling herself. Weird, so weird. "Did it ever happen?," he wondered. Now he would like to see for himself that the girl turned into a seal. She probably couldn't. Sebastian just couldn't believe she was a seal in a wolf body. Yuck.

"Are you really? I made you cry before we even got introduced," he returned, once again playful. His tail was swinging lightly. "Nice to meet you Muirgen. Can I call you Muirg?," he asked, his pale eyes on her. The young male slowly started to shake his head in disagreement. He looked so much like his dad. Well, when he was 1,5 he looked a lot like him. Now he had grown bigger and stronger. As a male he was fleshing out more and also starting to look more like his dad. He was certain. "You haven't seen my dad. And I hope you won't run into him."
44 Posts
Ooc —
While she could tell that his words had come out in a playful manner, she still closed her mouth for a second in order to silently look at him. She had not considered the chance of having offended him with what she'd said, and was relieved that he didn't sound as if he actually had been. She didn't want an angry man on her heels, especially one so much larger than herself—though being bigger than her wasn't a difficult thing to do. "I apologize if you took any offence to that and are hiding it," she said, giving an apologetic dip of her cranium. The selkie seemed to perk right up almost immediately after, however, as she was asked if it had ever happened before. "For me, sadly, it has yet to happen," she claimed, though the smile did not leave her face. "I have seen it, however, and know it will happen to me when the time is right and Lir has called for me to return to his sea." Her voice held pride in it, as she was devoted to her family and culture with her entire essence. Nothing would ever be able to sway her beliefs and thoughts, nor could anything ever keep her from becoming a seal when the grand Sea God needed her.

Muirgen nodded her head, positive that she was sure of what she'd said. "I am certain," the young girl responded. "I may have overreacted. I am sure it will become a common mistake here on this land." She sad a bit disappointed by it, but knew it was how things were. She could not force another to believe in what she did, or follow Lir as devotedly as she and her old rookery did. On occasion, she might try, to have another follow the Sea God and the Sea himself like she did, but that would not come for some time. The selkie was not yet ready to face the possibility of someone calling her crazy (again), and she was sure she would not be able to stand them being rude to her, either. Those where all things for her to think about later on, and she knew she must stay focused on the present. Her ears perked when she heard the man's question, a light giggle of amusement escaping passed her lips. "I would not mind you referring to me by that name," Muirgen told him. "I have never been called by an abbreviation of my name before." Truth be told, she didn't even know that most called such things "nicknames". Her light gaze met his for a second as he, once again, mention his father, hoping she would never meet him. "I hope I do not, either."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at the lighthearted girl, if she was that easy to fool then she had to watch out. That was adorable. For now Sebastian was not offended but just wanted to tease her. Muirg took it way too seriously of course. He had to hold in his laughter when she spoke about her transformation not happening yet. "Right right. And how do you get called to this sea of yours. Correction, shouldn't you be at a beach right now instead of in land?," the male questioned. He flickered his tail curiously. His pale eyes on her. Sebastian didn't even know what Lir was maybe it was some god or something. It probably was.

"You did overreacted a bit," the male admitted but he did it in a charming way. Sebastian could be very charming, and he was a handsome wolf after all. A soft hum came from his lips as he bettered his eyes at her. "Alright I will then. My special nickname for you," the male returned. Sebastian was picturing his father with Muirgen now and that, no. That would end badly probably. What Sebastian didn't know was that Burke was quite well mannered if he wanted to be. The young male didn't know he handled Muirgen almost in the same way his father would. Maybe he was a tad nicer.
44 Posts
Ooc —
The young man seemed very interested in her culture. It made her happy to know that someone was interested to learn about her and her family. It felt nice, too, knowing he was trying his best to be kind to her, even though she knew he probably found her odd. "All us selkies are called to the sea when he is in danger, or when we are in danger. So we may defend and fight for him, while keeping ourselves safe, too," she explained. The girl wasn't sure how he would react to knowing that they could be called back upon death, as well, so she made sure to not slip up and mention that part. At the mention of a beach, her head nodded excitedly. "Yes, I should be!" she told him. "I am following this river in the hopes that it will lead me there, or perhaps to someone who knows where the sea lies—if his touch reaches these lands, of course." Muirgen was very eager to reach the ocean again, as it was her true home. She was sure she could find others from the sea if she reached it, and hopefully they would welcome her.

The little seal's face heated a bit beneath her fur and she looked down sheepishly. She knew she'd overreacted, and the man's admittance only confirmed her inner thoughts. For any future interactions, she wished to be able to better handle the situation. In a calm manner, even, that would not result in her crying again. Her gaze was brought to his face soon after, however, and her head tilted to the side. "'Nick-name'?" the girl questioned. "That sounds strange." Nearly no one from her rookery had a nickname, including herself. It was rare for one's name to be shortened, and so many did not know what such a thing was called.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Oh sorry! I thought I replied? Huh. So confused. Anyways. Sorry! :D

Sebastian snorted, he couldn't help but find that word hilariously funny. Selkie was such a weird name to call yourself. Maybe wolf was too, but he was used to that. He just never heard of a selkie. Sebastian studied her excitement when he mentioned she should be at the sea. "Well then why didn't you follow your beach down or up? Aren't they endless?" For Sebastian it didn't make any sense that she would head into the main land. What did she expected to find? Another beach in the middle of the land. He shook his head a bit. "Well that is smart of you. I hope you find what you are looking for. I'm also going to look for what I want."

Sebastian returned her a smirky smile his father had too. "Well that is what I think with everything that comes from your mouth. I accept it. So you should accept my nickname for you," he returned. Sebastian looked to the other side of the river and made his main focus go there. Maybe further ahead it was where his father would be. The young male also would be okay with finding a female for his own. He looked at the young girl. "I am going that way. I wish you luck with your... selkie thing," he spoke. "Maybe I run into you again," he added. "My Muirg."
44 Posts
Ooc —
It's fine! xD Last post from me. :3

For a second, her ears pulled back as he snorted, but they were soon back where they'd been prior. She didn't want to overreact again, and was working to try and understand the situation from the male's point of view. She was positive that it couldn't be all too easy learning of another's culture, especially when it seemed like something for out of the ordinary that it almost seemed fake. Muirgen, of course, could never see her life as being incorrect or falsely lived, as she'd been raised to live her life as a selkie practically since birth. Due to that, she couldn't help but give an amused smile when he mentioned the shore being endless. Still, she managed to give a smalls hake of her head, before opening her maw to explain her reasoning for going inland. "The shores are not endless, they eventually reach an end, and that end often leads to these strange civilizations. I avoided those places, as they were noisy and smelled bad, and were also full of these strange looking creatures. I started to travel through forests inland to avoid such places, and to try and reach a new sea." Muirgen did not know what a human was, and saw them as nothing more than loud and strange animals. She'd attempted to spy upon a town once before, but when she saw how some kept wolf-like animals on odd ropes and tried to control them constantly, she'd made a quick get away. "I hope that Lir will show you the path to what you seek, despite you not being from His seas." The girl's tail wagged gently, and she made a note to later pray to Lir in the hopes that he would assist her new found friend.

Muirgen gave a small nod of her head as he mentioned accepting things she said, and told her to accept the name he'd given her. The young seal had no problem with doing that, as she found she enjoyed his company in spite of their earlier situation, and wished to have whatever "nickname" he presented her with. "I do accept it," she told him, smiling all the while. It was as if she couldn't keep her smile from her face when around the handsome man. Never had she reacted so oddly to a male before, and blamed it on her being away from the ocean for far too long. It had to be a message from Lir, informing her that she must find the sea—find home—as soon as she was able. It seemed she would be able to, as well, as Sebastian stated he was leaving and heading away from the direction she wished to go. It saddened her a bit to part ways with a friend so soon, but she was sure they wold meet again someday if they were meant to. "I thank you," she started, gaze lingering with his for a second too long before she glanced away. "I am sure we will meet again someday, if we are truly meant to be friends."

The selkie went to walk passed him, but stopped when she heard his last words. "My Muirg." The skin beneath the fur on her face got heated quicker than ever before, which confused the young girl. She did not understand such reactions, but hoped to be able to in the future. Perhaps someday, if they were to meet again, she could ask Sebastian to explain what such things meant to her. She made a mental note of it before sending him one last smile. "I truly hope we cross paths time after time again in the coming days," the girl said, looking from him to the path in front of her before allowing her legs to move forward. She would continue to follow the river until she reached the sea, or at least something or someone who could point her towards Him. Muirgen could not keep her mind from soaring back to the grey man every once in awhile, but each time the vision would fade away and leave her with an even stronger desire to reach the ocean. He made her more determined than ever.