Neverwinter Forest If You Go Out to the Woods Today
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
AW, perhaps someone from the nearby Silvertip Mountain :)

Before the light of dawn touched the plateau, Koda had risen from his den and quietly slipped away. The wolf had made his way across the flatlands, and headed West toward the dark forest looming on the horizon.

At the halfway point, he discovered fresh scent markers around Silvertip Mountain. A wolf pack had settled the previously unoccupied territory. Koda skirted the boundary and continued on his way, hoping to avoid a confrontation with one of his new neighbors.

The sun was up by the time he reached the trees, but the forest canopy grew so thick that little light filtered down to the ground. Not only was it dark, but it was unnaturally quiet and still, save for the rustling of the wind in the branches. The creepy atmosphere set the wolf on edge.

He was poking around, investigating tracks and smells, when his keen ears caught the rustle of movement. Koda lifted his head and looked in the direction of the sound, and glimpsed a dark body flitting through the trees. His hackles bristled in alarm. "Who's there," he demanded, assuming the shadow was another wolf.
<strong>WARNING:</strong> Foul language used in threads!!
257 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Bindi had been leaving the mountain a lot, and she couldn't help but feel like she had been abandoning her beta duties. However nothing was happening at Silvertip, and it became boring for the midnight wolfess most of the time. Besides, she wanted to get to know some other wolves that live in the area. She set off in the direction of the forest that is in between the mountain and the Spine. The place where Bindi will tell everything she knows to the Spine alphas and a new alliance will possibly be made.

She worked her way through the trees and saw a figure up ahead. She started toward the wolf, and got caught in some bush when she did. The wolf demanded to know who was there and so Bindi told him. "Ugh...me" she said and eventually became free of the bush. The stranger was a male, who smelled similar to Finn, and so she assumed he was from the same pack.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Koda heard rustling in the undergrowth, followed by a feminine voice. There was irritation in her short reply, which he misinterpreted as sarcasm. "No need to get snippy," he said, moving cautiously toward the shaking branches. "Why don't you come out and introduce yourself?"

A dark she-wolf emerged from the undergrowth, twigs and leaves clinging to her pelt. Koda studied her for a moment, and then asked, "did you get stuck in there?"
257 Posts
Ooc — Kara
She listened as the male called her snippy, and she let out a quiet growl. She sat down and mabye sure to keep and eye on the male, as she attempted to get the twigs and leaves out of her fur. "That was not me being snippy" she said irritation clear in her voice. "I'm Bindi" she said and focused on the male but only for a brief moment before returning to her fur.

When he asked if she got stuck in there, she looked and him and rolled her eye. "Well I wasn't having a party in there, that's for sure" she said and watched to see the male's reaction. If he was a complete idiot like that Finn guy, then she Bindi would believe everyone from that pack is stupid.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
The she-wolf rolled her eyes and replied to him with sarcasm. 'What an attitude,' the male said to himself, annoyed. He wasn't used to women behaving in such a manner, and he didn't like it. Yet he did not let his irritation show and tried his best to remain polite.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. These strange woods just have me on edge," he explained. "I'm Koda, nice to meet you, Bindi."
257 Posts
Ooc — Kara
What the male didn't understand was that attitude was the definition of Bindi, but when the male apologize the midnight wolfess felt the need to do the same. "I'm sorry also, it's kind of a natural thing for me to have an attitude" she said and listened as the male said that this forest puts him on edge.

"I kind of like the forest, it's interesting" she said and admired the woods around her for a second, when the male said his name. "Pleasure to meet you Koda" she said and it already seemed that this male was much more polite than that Finn.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
sorry for the wait

Koda smiled when Bindi apologized for the attitude. Maybe she wasn't so bad, after all. "No big deal," he said with a shrug.

Silence hung in the air between them for a moment. It had been a long time since Koda had attempted a conversation with a stranger, and his social skills were pretty rusty. He'd managed to offend this woman before he'd even seen her face, and while he'd also managed to patch things up he was sure it was only a matter of time before he stuck his foot in his mouth again.

"So what brings you to this creepy place," he inquired cautiously. "Or have you just been stuck here the whole time?" As soon as the words left his mouth, he wished he could suck them back in. 'Just stop talking now,' he ordered himself.
257 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Bindi smiled when Koda said it was no big deal. She listened as the male asked why she was in the forest, or if she was stuck here. She glared at Koda when he said the second sentence but did nothing more. "I live on the mountain, and decided to come see what was in these woods" the midnight wolfess said and used her muzzle to point to Silvertip.

"What about you, what's bring you to these woods" Bindi asked and remembered how the male said these woods are creepy. Why on earth would somebody go to a place that freaked them out. The obsidian female waited for Koda's answer, hoping he wasn't here to cause trouble.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
Koda shrugged at Bindi's question. "I just felt like exploring, maybe meetin' someone new," he replied. He didn't really have a good reason for being there, but he didn't much feel like hanging around the plateau these days. "Not really gettin' along with my pack so I'm takin' a break from em," he added, hoping that would be enough to satisfy the girl's curiosity.
257 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Bindi listened as Koda explained how he just wanted to explore and maybe meet someone new. She kept listening to the male as he went on to explain how he wasn't getting along with his pack very well. "Well you met someone new and don't worry I'm sure things will get better with your pack, and if not then leave them." That wasn't exactly the best advice but that's what Bindi would do if she didn't get along with all of her pack.

Bindi looked up at the mountain and decided that this conversation had naturally come to a close. "Well I better get back home, nice meeting you Koda" Bindi said although she wasn't exactly sure if it was nice meeting the male. With that the midnight wolfess took off towards the mountain for a nice long nap.