Blacktail Deer Plateau lethal poison for the system
67 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Zombie had laid low for a time, keeping to the shadows as was her nature. It seemed that the blood oath that had tied the wolves of Bon Dye close had been destroyed, as one by one her pack mates had left the Plateau. It irritated her to think of it; she had wanted to remain in Blackfoot Forest, but the rest had all been determined to leave it behind—together. And then they had all left anyway. Her loyalty to Hawkeye was thin at best, but still she was determined to honor the blood oath laid upon them by Jinx. Even if she had been forced to leave the forest (after all, she couldn't survive on her own), Zombie was doing the best she could to keep the pact.

Lately, however, the scent of the others had been replaced by the scent of those that were new. She still wasn't sure that she wanted to get particularly close to anyone—and could you blame her? Zombie had been abandoned time and time again. But despite that lingering fear, the thin yearling was curious about the new scents in the air. She ventured from her den, intending to cross paths with one of them, but masking it under the guise of searching for useful herbs that lay blackened beneath the snow.
sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
It's been a while since we wrote together! Makes me long for Styx ;___;

A simple stroll, no different than hers, was to blame for the two wolves to cross paths. If asked he could not have recalled her name - common among such scantly populated packs - but he knew her scent all the same. Thus her foreign identity was no threat to him and he warded away the initial prickle of surprise...deciding immediately that it was his duty to remedy their unfamiliarity between one another.

He paused with a single forepaw skimming against the freshly powdered earth...its tufted toe tips leaving microscopic divots upon the surface where it hung in place. A chuff, light and airy, hailed the pack mate whose name he did not yet know. His plumage waved once, twice, and a third time to accompany the amiable call; the curious thrust of audits eager to catch anything she might toss back his way at the moment his existence was realized.

set by Emy

67 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Sorry for making you wait so long! School started and I lost my momentum... and I definitely miss the Nereides. Styx was such an awesome part of the pack. <3

I'm also amused that this thread is going to be a little like Tigger and Eeyore...

A quiet chuff echoed over the snow-covered plateau, an airy sound that nevertheless cut through the air without hinderance. Her ears rose to catch and analyze it, and Zombie cautiously lifted her head to look in the direction from which it came. Her ploy had worked, it seemed. She feigned casual interest, as if she were only being polite but was otherwise indifferent to the situation, though she was truly satisfied to be meeting one of the new faces. If only because it meant that her dissatisfaction with Hawkeye and the Plateau could be validated.

His posture was all friendly, tail sweeping as if he were waving at a friend. Her expression grew slightly darker, though it wasn't exactly aggressive, and Zombie rose so that her posture was taller and a twinge more dominant. Still, when she began to move towards him, her gait was more of a lethargic shuffle. "Good morning," she offered, in her usual flat tone, "if it is a good morning."
sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
I made you wait as well! I was vacationing in TN but my daughter got sick (she tested for Strep this morning) during the trip and I didn't log in the whole time ;_;

The she wolf's ambiguous response to him was one that instantly made his testicles clench tight to his body. Noooooooo his mind moaned as Zombie came toward him with a suspicious lack of sincerity. His "No More Bitchy Confrontations" campaign died almost as soon as it'd began. The "Let's Not Let Things Evolve Into A Screaming Match" campaign was immediately put into effect.

"Well it's a morning," he speculated with a desperate reach for humor. "And given the choices of good or bad for its description I'd go with good." The last sentiment almost gathered a question's inflection as his eyes moved delicately toward Zombie's feet in a show of submission to her posturing.

set by Emy

Current time: April 25, 2024, 01:00 PM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.