Kintla Flatlands coax me out my low
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
lets get back into swing ;) -- making UPC assumptions because I can :B
no need to match lenght, im just a rambling ram like that
my propeller - arctic monkeys
As the snow had melted from the ground and the blades of grass had cut through the dirt to replace the white mantle for one of lush green, Finn Ollivander had fallen victim of a disease. 
Not a contagious one, or even a viral one -- but in untreated conditions, a fatal one.
As the first flowers and critters of the earth began to wake, Finn fell into an emotional slumber, a hypothermia of the heart.

While the memory of his doppleganger, or whatever, buried deep in the beach and washed away by the rain, it was not over a romantic let down that he was grieving over. From the furthest, most remote place in his heart -- his home -- news had been sent. 
Why had they even bothered to send them was beyond him, after he (a rebellious yearling at the time) had decided to leave, the doors and opportunities of ever calling the place home again had been shut like a door.
And as he had turned tail, only the scowling faces of the pack's leaders, and the teary face of her mother had remained as memory of the place, that of course with the great feeling of triumph that flooded through him as he walked off, his tail swinging high like a giant middle finger to those that he left behind.
Now, as his tail drooped between his paws and he felt the triump being replaced with heavy guilt, he could assure the middle finger was now a thumb pressing down on his sore heart.

From the mountains, plains and all the way back from the Mount where he, the only child resulting of a failed marriage, had been born came a messanger, bearing not exactly the best of news. The man, an aged wolf with a scruffy appereance had recognized him inmediately, calling him by name as they had, cointidentially crossed paths by the Neverwinter Forest. Finn had been hesitant to hear the man out, thinking that he was some lunatic that had was perhaps drunk on saltwater. But as he had begun to speak of his home, of what he had known, it was hard for Finn not to pay attention.
He knew his mother. He knew her by name too, Adele, and claimed that she, had been a good friend of his, and that he, had been too present during Finn's own birth.
He had mentioned having known his father but didn't elaborate on the subject as Finn himself didn't want to adress it either.
His deadbeat father was a buried matter.
But at least not literally, much to his ignorance.

Then, came the news.
It was his mother.
She was in a delicate state, he had said while looking at the ground, making Finn's heartbeat quicken into a pace unkown to man. She had fought, he then added while raising his chin a little bit just to meet the greyscale male's olive eyes for a second. 
But, she had not made it. 
Like a flower bud waiting for Spring, Adele had been waiting for a miracle -- a miracle she had birthed two years back.
It seemed that she had never quite let him go.
She had never abandoned hope that her son would return, and in her sickness, had sent someone to get him.

But again, like everything in Finn's life seemed to go, he had found him little too late.
The only thing that was always quick to arrive, was the guilt.
For not voicing what he felt at the beach, for not trying harder, and now.. for abandoning his mother in her grave.

So with his head still spinning with the weight of the news and  his paws automatically carrying him back to the Kintla Flatlands, the lonesome male, allowed the single tear he'd shed for his mother, to stream down his cheek.
It was time to get rid of the sadness -- it was time to fuck the grey stormcloud that seemed to have been following him since Day 1 in the Teekon Wilds.

The snow had melted and so had his mother's life.
But his spirit wouldn't follow.
He could get over this -- somehow he always did.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante has a lot of heavy going on right now, so a Vienna yes? :D

Vienna hadn't intended to wander.  Really she hadn't.  But throwing herself at strangers was so darn fun (and so much fun to write) that before she knew it, she was once again leaving the Sunspire behind her.  She would not go too far of course, but surely a little jaunt into the flatlands wouldn't be that bad, right?

Currently she'd found a particularly good hill (yes, in the flatlands, shhh) and had taken a nice, long roll down to come laughing to a stop at the bottom.  From her position on her back she observed the world upside down a moment before letting herself fall to the side, a bit dizzy but high on the life that came with spring's arrival. 

Time and time again she promised herself she'd be more observant, but really there was a reason she wasn't a warrior.  She just didn't have the defensive paranoia, even after everything that had happened. Really she probably was a failure of an outrider because of it too, but that was beside the point.  At the moment, the beautiful weather and waving flowers claimed her attention, as well as a hill that was just begging to be tried again once she found the motivation to get to her paws again.

The passing Finn was completely and obliviously overlooked.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
vienna hi i love you -- but i also love suma-ienna :p
The devastation of a nuclear warzone did not compare to the barren, desolate space that had been left in Finn's heart by five simple, yet corrosive words such as the ones his past had sent for him. A piece of him, despite having said goodbye a long time ago, felt missing. Gone with the wind and with the cold winter breeze that had taken his mother's life as payment for the lives that were yet to arrive in the Spring.
It was the cycle of life, of course, but what a god-damed fucked up cycle it was.

Slowly, like a real war veteran sliding out the clouds of smoke the fallings bombs and grenades left behind, Finn continued to run across the vast expanse of the flatlands with the desesperation of one who thought the path ahead as neverending, never forgiving.
The image was not as kind on the eyes as Vienna's careless barrelrolls and giggles, but it was no less real. 
No less heartfelt.

It was a cruel caricature life painted as the man, also unkowingly, increased the proximity between him and the unsuspecting Sunspire wolf. 
Ironically, Finn, who was currently the eptithome of misery, would cross the path of a wolf that could be literally irradiating happiness.
Like life met death, opposites were innevitably bound to come across one another.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Inattentive she might be, but Vienna wasn't completely obtuse thankfully.  When she rolled over to once more bound her way up the hillside, she would have had to have been blind to miss the grey wolf who passed, though he did not face her.  Something about him seemed rather familiar, and immediately the previous activity was forgotten, though signs of it still showed clearly in the grass and leaves that clung to her coat.   Oblivious, she stared, sifting through faces in memory to find that one special face that would give this guy a name.

"Finn!" she exclaimed, elated not only that she had found the name, but also at the memory that had come with.  It had been a long while, but she still remembered chasing those rabbits.  She did not catch his sorrow, at least not yet, and her tail waved happily behind her.  Surely he'd want to catch up, right?  
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
With his tail hanging limply behind him like a broken flag of surrender, and his olive eyes being clouded by a drape of watery crystal tears, Finn was not half the man he woke up as.
 That however, did not seem to be a problem for the bouncy mountain wolf, who in spite of the stench of sadness that reeked off his body and the worn out look of his coat, still managed to recognize him as if their paths had last crossed no longer than the day before.

It took a little longer for Finn to connect the dots and place a name to her smiling face. In the lieu of the situation there was only one name engraved to his mind at the moment, the name of one who already rested in a grave. So with his glistening eyes blinking at her without signs of recognition, the Ollivander took to his other senses. The fact that she was a Sunspire wolf came quick to him, and eventually as he continued to flare his nostrils in her direction so did the distant memories of an encounter.

"Oh, Vienna" he finally mustered, his voice gruff, yet his face roughly collected -- struggling not to let the grief spill from his eyes. "What have you been up to?" he barked rather quickly after his greeting, fearing that the lingering silence would leave room for his faccade to break. 
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It was immediately apparent to Vienna, though Finn attempted to hide it well, that something wasn't right.  Last time they'd met he'd been... actually, he'd been off then too.  Did he just have a permanant unhappy switch?  No, Vienna would have to fix this.

The fact that he at first didn't recognize her didn't bother her any, for not everyone had a mind for faces like she did.  Sometimes she forgot, though, how long it had been since she'd bumped into someone, greeting them like it had been only yesterday when really it had been... what, seven months?  Holy heck.  Now she was impressed (and flattered) that he'd remembered her name.

"Oh, you know, exploring and getting into trouble.  Usual things. What about you?  I see you haven't quite managed to lose that stormcloud yet, though I'm sure you've given it a run for its money. "  She didn't remember what had been wrong last time, only that he'd had a similar down feel about him.  " Everything alright?

He could answer, or no, but either way she would do all she could to turn that frown upside down.  If he spoke, she would listen, saying words she thought would help and support.  If not, well, there were always more rabbits in the world, and that had done a pretty darn good job last time!