Blacktail Deer Plateau What's Tomorrow Without You?
<!-- HTML Codes by Quackit.com --><span style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:000000;">get T r u s t e d stay U n k n o w n</span>
51 Posts
Ooc — Paige
After her travels to the coast and back Vires had pardoned her want to wander for a while. The now following Pied to another pack was still fresh in her mind. Pied was the only wolf she found herself close to over her time in the pack. Her absence left a little stain on Vires that would fade over time. 

When Vires returned to her pack territory the scent of new wolves filled her nose. Vires sniffed the air a few times taking in all the scents. She smiled, it was good that the pack was growing. It would make Hawkeye proud and hopefully soften the blow of losing her right hand wolf. Vires rested herself by sitting amongst some trees. Vires smiled thinking of all the times her travels brought her. The memories she had from them and what more they could bring her in time.

set by sophie
sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
New members were coming fast than they were going and the overall rhythm of life had settled well with the wolf. He was uncertain where he stood with Hawkeye, or what she expected of him, since the Neverwinter expedition (he'd avoided her somewhat since then) but he doubted she would be the type to usurp him from the pack for not encouraging conflict. And if she did...

Well he'd deal with it.

He trotted leisurely down the path until a lithe little wolf came into focus against the foreground. Her scent was undoubtedly the same as his but it was a strange cocktail of old, foreign, and fresh...the likes of which indicated to him that she was some sort of scout fresh from the wilderness. "Welcome back," he quipped as he rested his shoulder casually against a tree.

set by Emy

<!-- HTML Codes by Quackit.com --><span style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:000000;">get T r u s t e d stay U n k n o w n</span>
51 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Vires being acquainted with the act of losing herself in her own thoughts did not notice the wolf that stood before her until he gave her a greeting as he leaned against a tree. Vires took a long look at the cream wolf before replying. She noted how he leaned against the tree in a casual way. Vires also being acquainted with many youthful males took this act as odd. Most young wolves didn't act this way with her. She was overlooked and Vires preferring to travel and not be held down by a mate was happy about this. Vires tilted her head while those thoughts swirled around. 

"Uh, thanks. I am Vires. And uh you are?" Vires questioned slowly straightening her head and giving a slight bow to the light male. Vires hadn't spoken with any of the new wolves in her pack since she came back from the coast. She was glad they felt comfortable in the pack as to approach members freely. 
set by sophie
sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
The "cool guy" posturing didn't seem to have the effect he was hoping for. Whenever trying something new One might notice the true importance of others' actions. A swift, reassured reaction was certainly a self confidence booster; a stunned pause - and prolonged stares of confusion such as with Vires - were cause for concern. The Plateauer held onto his nerves as long as he could...but the timid utterance of introductions squashed any reasonable doubt he had about the type of vibe he was giving off.

Abandon ship, Captain!

"This looks kind of creepy doesn't it?" he asked while looking at himself and the way he'd propped his body against the oak's trunk. It just wasn't a natural pose. Ax snorted and straightened...giving himself a proper shake as if trying to reset his appearance.

Feeling a bit more satisfied with himself he canted his head and gave his plume a simple, welcoming wag. "I'm Ariston!" he replied. "Did you just get back from a big trip? You smell of the Plateau layered with the sea and covered with even more Hawkeye."

set by Emy

51 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Vires wasn't sure if the male was flirting with her or not. She assumed not and he was just trying to make a good first impression to a pack mate. She to had an idea of what she wanted to be portrayed as, and maybe the male just wanted to be a calm and cool wolf. 

Vires felt a small sense of relaxation flow through her when the male noted how his stance was irregular. Vires laughed and relaxed herself fully.  "Creepy? Ha more like unnatural" Vires retorted with a smirk. Vires nodded as the light male introduced himself. She wagged her own tail in response to Ariston. When the male asked Vires about her trip she decided to tell him only the important parts. "Yes, I was sent out to the coast, northwest of here. It was a scouting mission that left us one wolf short. Not by death mind you. " Vires concluded. She was still shocked that Pied had left their pack so soon after it being formed. But the wolf had found love, which was something that Vires couldn't be mad about. "As for the Hawkeye smell I met with her before I left to wander." Vires assumed this was enough information to keep the wolf satisfied.
set by sophie
sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
"I get that a lot," was his nonchalant reply to his company's initial comment. The notion of commonly being regarded as unnatural didn't seem to phase him. He went straight to listening as Vires politely explained the potpourri of scent wafting about her and he nodding agreeably as she digressed that it was not misfortune that had marked them absent a member. He had no idea that Pied, his crass friend from the woods, was the focus of her story.

Her conclusion felt as though she was making an obligatory report to him. A small grin quirked at the corners of his lips and he stood straighter to feign dignity...the fuff of a dainty snort indicating a proud satisfaction. "Well I guess your story checks out," he said with playful arrogance. "Otherwise I would've had to tattle that we had a stranger in our midst."

It felt necessary to extend his introductions now that he'd accidently drilled the weary sentry of her information. "I'm Ariston," he concluded with a courteous bob of his noggin. "I must have come into the ranks at some point after you began your journey."

set by Emy

Current time: May 03, 2024, 04:41 PM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.