The Sunspire I'm a lot of things, mad is just one
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
all welcome, but maybe see if @Sumayl  and @Vienna wants a thread?

Jace woke from a deep sleep and looked around him, he looked to the dark sky. And watched as the sun began to bleed. Lost in the moment, he studied the colors as they slowly encompassed the sky. Blue eyes glittered cooly, in the misty morning air. Standing and shaking the strands of water that took over his fur, he looked about him.

He had not seen hide nor tail of his sister, or even @Sumayl when she got home. He wondered at it, but didn't want to dig too deeply into that mess. The thought of his sister having relations with Sumayl, or anyone really made him ill. She was his sister, and it just wasn't right. Just like his parents, he refused to think about it. That was probably a pretty juvenile outlook on such things, especially since he was now an adult, but well what could you do.

He also found, that he hoped his sister did, and that she got permission and that she would have babies. Because, he just wanted little nieces and nephews to spoil. He grinned evilly for a moment, as he thought of all the things  he could do to get them to play tricks on their dad. Jace was becoming able, to handle the males presence, and had they gotten along. He could see himself playing tricks on him a lot, if he couldn't be the crazy brother-in-law, why be one at all.

He sighed and shook his head, no use thinking of such things. There would not be any back yard barbecue's and football games for these two. They just couldn't get along, both of them were stubborn, and both of them were ass holes, so therein lied the rub.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Getting this on my threadlog.  I've been neglecting this girl, but gonna keep doing so for a tidge longer while I de-stress after last week

Vienna had been industrious of late, hollowing out her and Sumayl's shared den to a roomier size.  If she was to be serious about the whole healing thing, she needed a place to keep supplies.  She had yet to make many more trips away in order to gather knowledge, but the idea was still in the forefront of her mind.  Right behind another fact, of course - she still had not told anyone that she and Sumayl had entered a new stage in their relationship.

At first it had been a desire to revel in the joy of it alone, a warm secret to hold within.  Now, though... she was freaking out.  Just a tidge.  Though she wouldn't mention it to Sumayl, like the bird she was so aptly named for, Vienna was feeling a bit flighty.  It was a feeling she figured would pass, as time went, but the idea of their mateship had begun to take form in a new light.  Soon there would be conversations about pups, ideas of a family and a whole lot of responsibility that Vienna hardly felt up to.  She didn't know if these were even things that Sumayl wanted... and definitely didn't think they were things she didn't want.  Someday.  But right now the thought was almost ridiculous.  Her, a mom?

Speaking to others about it would only bring questions that she didn't particularly want to answer, and expectations she definitely didn't feel up to.  Mostly because she didn't have any answers.  One day she might feel like there was nothing she'd rather have than some kids to call her own, the next she would feel like running for the hills at the thought of anyone relying on her so much. 

This was a conversation she probably really needed to have with Sumayl.

But instead, she wandered the Spire, her attention split a hundred different ways, dwelling on nothing for too long.  Today, it seemed, distraction would come in the form of her brother, who she hadn't spoken to in a long while it seemed.  "Jace!"  She jogged over to where he was standing, a wide smile of pleasure displaying at their meeting.  She hadn't meant to avoid him, but such things happened when she got an itch.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
You can still join in if you want too @Sumayl  

Jace had not seen his sister, though he still smelled her in the area. So he surmised she was simply avoiding him for some reason or another. Even if it wasn't unpurpose. She got that way sometimes, when she would get distracted and forget that she had a brother or a family. It was something he found both endearing and frustrating, but he wouldn't change her. Jace also wondered if it didn't have something to do with Sumayl and her. He shook his head and continued on his way.

Jace didn't doubt that they would be moving on with their relationship. Especially, since his sister was two just like him now. He wondered at it, wondered if there would be babes on the spire. He dearly hoped so, or maybe Sumayl would take her and leave. That was a feeling that left him feeling hollow. He would miss her, but he wouldn't object. He'd just take it and leave it,What else could he do, nothing. His sister was a grown up and so was her mate and he knew there would be grown up decisions to be made.

Speak of the devil, he turned his head at her loud call. He wagged his tail and stopped walking to wait for her to come closer. He didn't say anything though, just bumped her in the jaw in hello. Then he waited quietly and patiently to see waht she had in store for him today.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It only took Vienna a minute to realize that a long while actually encompassed the entirety of her newfound matehip.  Unless someone else had told Jace, he didn't know.  Immediately both excitement and trepidation warred within, though as per usual, excitement won out. Despite her fears and flaws, she was elated, and it was happiness she wanted to share with the other wolf she loved. Returning his greeting, she danced back a pace.

"So, I have news." She began, a grin forming. "Sumayl asked, and I said yes!" In her excitement she did not wait or beat around the bush.... Or stop to explain exactly what he had asked.

She awaited his response, wondering if he would be as happy for her as she was herself. She imagined he would be, despite his differences with her now mate. Their family had gotten bigger and she loved him. That was all that mattered, right?

"I meant to tell you, but I honestly forgot I hadnt." It was true. For a time she hadn't wanted to tell anyone, and by the time that passed, she'd moved straight on to assuming everyone knew. Crazy but typical.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace did not know anything about his sister right now. He hadn't even know where she had been lately. It rubbed a little bit, however at the same time. He knew he couldn't know where she was and what she was doing. He was also fairly certain there would come a day, when she would go her own way, and he may not see her for sometime anyway.

Jace was about to speak as his sister said she had news. He immediately went to babies, but then she changed it up on him. He didn't know what to say at first, he wasn't exactly thrilled, but his sister clearly was. So rather than grumble or say anything cutting he smiled. That's awesome Songbird. I'm happy for you.
Jace wasn't as he had thought thrilled, however his siste rwas happy. And he would be happy for her, if it damn near killed him. Not that it would, and he had known this day was coming. Had known it was coming well, and he loved her. Though he wasn't exactly happy that Sumayl was his brother in law, he was actually surprisingly happy to have a brother in law. HE did not think that mateship was in the cards for him. So it was only becoming that one of the litter had a mate and perhaps a family someday.

He chuckled at her next words and shrugged. It's okay Songbird, that is exciting news. I am sure that you needed some time to assimilate yourself to it. And we haven't exactly seen each other a lot lately.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I'm gonna go ahead and have her tell him here <3
I'm gonna make the assumption they have healers :P

"I'm glad.  And even so, I still should have found you."  She gave him a quick lick to the cheek, a small sisterly kiss that showed how much she appreciated his happiness for her and his understanding.  She would likely have been more miffed had the roles been reversed, though she would have gotten over it swiftly.

"Sumayl and I also talked briefly about this, though I wanted to talk to you first.  It's not definite.." she twitched her tail uncertainly.  "But we might take a trip to go see his family.  I'd like to meet some of them, and it will give me a good chance to really study with some healers to get some skill.  My travels here have taught me some but more couldn't hurt."  She wasn't sure she wanted to take such a long trip, but she did feel it would benefit all of them in the long run.  She would return and be able to help much more should injuries come up, and it would be wonderful to discover more of Sumayl's family.  And, depending, perhaps she could bring him to meet her own.  She wasn't sure how far out of the way that trip would be, and wouldn't until they began it.  But she would like to check on their parents as well.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled, and shrugged. He didn't really care, that she hadn't found him. He knew she would seek him out eventually. When she felt like talking to those other than Sumayl again. Jace made a soft sound in his chest. Letting her know he appreciated the gesture. Jace was beginning to wonder if it was possible for him to feel any type of emotion other than Passion or anger. He wasn't quite sure, which was in part why he hadn't been overly upset. Though he supposed one could argue that all the emotions were all levels of passion in some way.
Jace went stiff at her next words, and it was then he realized why she had come to talk to him. It wasn't because she missed him, or because she wanted to tell him of Sumayl. It was because she wanted to tell him she was leaving. It hurt, and he knew this day had been coming. However, he wasn't exactly ready for it. And it stole his breath away. She said it was only for a little while, but for some reason he couldn't quite shake. That it was going to be for much longer than a little while. He didn't know what to say at first, but he finally forced a smile on his face. I think you will enjoy it. And it's always good to meet those you are marrying into. And you'll learn a lot.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She knew in an instant that she'd said something wrong, but she had no clue what exactly that 'wrong' was.  All she knew was that the possibly false happiness from before was replaced with an obviously strained smile and a stiff demeanor.  Her tail fell, but she tried to shake it off, knowing that it would only make it worse for him if she got upset as well.  The thought that he might think she only came to inform him she was leaving wasn't even in the vicinity of her mind.  So she was left unknowing, betrayed by her own wandering attention and random conversation tendencies.

"Yeah, it is, isn't it?  And I will, I think."  She kept some of the cheer from before, but the words came out a little more questioning than she meant them to.  Truth was, she wasn't one hundred percent positive she wanted to go, but she felt like she needed to.  The pack needed a healer, and this was her best chance to learn.  "I'll miss you though."  With those words she allowed her face to fall.  It felt like she'd just found him again, and here she was, willingly traipsing off and leaving him behind this time.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace realized that he was probably see through. However, he couldn't really help it. It had kind of been a quick knee jerk reaction to her statement. He fought ot control himself, and not make it so easy to see that he was upset. However, that was a feat he had never mastered. He sighed softly and nudged his sister in apology. Not sure what else to do or say.

Jace shook his head and smiled and pushed his head harder into her shoulder. Vienna you will learn a lot okay. And you will have fun, and you will enjoy it. We aren't going anywhere, we'll be here when you come home. Jace shifted softly and a soft sound he made in his chest. He couldn't blame her for wanting her own adventure. The only one she had so far was to come and find him, and then perhaps the few trips around here. It would do her good to go on an adventure for herself rather than her family. Well that's a given on my end songbird. He winked at her kindly.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
we can just behind the scenes it that she said goodbye.  Augh im gonna miss playing her but inspiration is nil

Fade out with your last post? ^^ or we can close here

He pressed against her affectionately and her worries disappated instantly.  Happily she cuddled up, glad to know he'd miss her (duh) but still torn.  She felt awful leaving him, and the pack.  Numbers were few and Jace had Ame, but not really any others who he was close to.

It would be a hard week or two, but in the end she knew she would go. She needed to trust him, and that he'd be fine without her. They all would. After all, they'd been fine before she came, right?

"I'll definitely come by and say goodbye before I go. I'm sure we'll see plenty of each other before then." She would make an effort to spend more time with him in the time between, knowing it would be a while before they hung out once more.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace didn't move, just allowed his sister to cuddle up next to him. Unsure how to take this news. He wasn't sure that the pack would still be here when his sister returned, if she returned. Because frankly lately they were failing in all ways. It was a bother he didn't wish to think about.

He would miss her, but yes he would be fine without her. It would just be another ache to add to his already pretty well broken heart. BUt it was okay, he wouldn't keep his sister from happiness no matter what.

Jace smiled and gave her a small lick to the side of the face. Okay songbird.