Redtail Rise if you're not a kangaroo, what are you?
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
For @Reek and @Wynter :D

Arion had been lazy and had not dug his own den on the Rise yet, for now, he had been sleeping on the ground, facing the sky as he slept. He would dig his own den sometime later when he was bored but he had a steady supply of the extract Reek gave him and it calmed him down now. The stallion would probably dig the den tomorrow, because he would not take the extract tomorrow. He was really trying to stop his addiction to Poppy, definitely trying to...or maybe not.

He woke up to a sky filled with clouds, blinking at the bright light that shot in his eyes, he rose up onto chocolate paws and decided to go hunting for the morning. By noon, he had caught a fair amount of rabbits and squirrels which he brought to the place which Reek had pointed out as the den he shared with his not official girlfriend. Arion was not sure why he wanted to visit them at all, perhaps it was because he wanted another verbal battle.

Arriving at the den mouth, he dropped his three rabbits and two squirrels onto the ground and poked his head into the den.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
mild location PP of @Wynter, PM me if you want me to change it!

Long mid-afternoon naps had become a common fixture in Reek's daily routine, taking precedent over the important tasks of hunting, marking territory, and finding other useful plants to be of use to the pack.  However, doing nothing was much more appealing than menial labor, especially if it meant spending time with his sleeping agouti "girlfriend/not-girlfriend", who had curled up beside Reek in a tight ball.  He wondered if it was about time the two had a talk about the nature of their relationship, but the ragged wolf decided against it and opted not to wake to wake her.  Instead, he gently rested his head on her back and listened to the slow and rhythmic thump of her heart beating under him. 

A noise on the outside of the den caused Reek to stir.  Awkwardly, he turned himself around in the cramped quarters of the small den, carefully stepping to make sure he didn't disturb Wynter, to see Arion posted right outside the narrow entrance.  "What do you want?" he whispered with ears pinned back to the chocolate greek while poking his head out of the small hole in the side of the ridge.   Upon seeing the bounty of critters dropped before the den's entrance, Reek's maw twisted into a cheshire cat grin. "Bring these for us, eh?  Oh, you shouldn't have,"  he joked with a tone of mock incredulity as he dragged himself completely from the confines of the den.   
I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter rested quietly enjoying the midst of her sleep however it wasn't deep. She felt the weight of Reek's head on her back and she smiled slightly. She had began to become fond of the Black male she had met when she was in the sound. She and him had stuck together even after the pack disbanded and that made her happy.

Suddenly she felt him shift. She too lifted her head, she watched him walking towards the entrance of the den. She wondered what had disturbed him. She stood and stretched slightly padding up behind him. "How dare something wake you from your afternoon nap," she teased brushing up behind him. She caught a glimpse of another wolf yet one she was unfamiliar with. Reek seemed to recognize the wolf but didn't seem too fond so Wynter remained inside the den but close to the entrance. "Who's this?" she asked glancing between Reek and the chocolate pelted male with him. 
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
A smirk touched the greek's lips as he spotted Reek, poking his head out from the den mouth. When he was asked for what he wanted, the stallion allowed a lock of mock incredulity spread over his maw before laughing softly and replying "Can't I simply go visit a friend?" He had wanted to say drug dealer but decided that Reek might not want his girlfriend/not really girlfriend to know he actually dealt drugs to another wolf. Might end a relationship. Honestly, his fellow wolves were so weird, with their emotions and sentiments.

"Brought these for myself actually, but I guess we could share," the stallion said dryly but with a mischievous glint in his honey eyes, it was rare for him to show his real emotions but around a wolf with quite some brains and wit like himself, he decided it didn't really matter. When another wolf poked her pretty head outside of the den mouth and inquired on who he was, Arion glanced at his drug dealer with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh man, you didn't introduce me?" the chocolate coated greek joked. "You better do that now before I damage your brains."
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
      Damage brains? Weren't they already damaged enough? Reek stifled a quick chuckle at his stament while he shot the greek a wry glance.  Sure, Reek was brilliant, but, at the same time, he was brilliantly scrambled.  Like an egg cracked on the fryer, Reek was damaged goods.  Unhinged and unpredictable.  Thankfully, he had Wynter to keep him grounded and stable.  She tended to be his voice of reason.

Reek quickly snatched up one of Arion's squirrels with his teeth in order to toss it to Wynter, who had now emerged from the mouth of the den.  Then, he went to grab one for himself.  "It's a goddamn travesty,"  he shot to Wynter, voice muffled from the lifeless mass of fur in his mouth.  "This is my friend, Arion," introduced Reek, stressing the friend in a somewhat sarcastic manner.  Reek still didn't know what to think of the greek who had intruded upon his nap.  But, he did bring food, so there's that.

"And, sharing is caring Arion. You should know that," he continued wryly with his usual shit-eating grin as he finished off his squirrel.  "Bring more if you want, you certainly know the direction into my heart."

154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter stifled a small laugh as Reek shot her a very sarcastic glance."You poor thing," Wynter said with a playful look in her eyes. "I'm sure you can go back to sleep later," she chuffed.

She listened as Reek mentioned that this wolf was his friend Arion. "I see," Wynter said glancing back at the chocolate coated wolf. She wasn't really sure what to think of him just yet. "I'm Wynter," she introduced her self with a small smile. "It's nice to meet you," she said but she wasn't sure how true that statement was. This wolf food or no food. Had interrupted her beauty sleep.

Wynter wasn't one to take food that didn't belong to her so she figured she ought to ask. "Mind if i take one?" she said glancing down at one of the squirrels Arion had placed on the ground in front of him. She didn't care nice wolf or not, she was going to be polite until given a reason to act otherwise.
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
An amused smirk crossed the chocolate greek's features when Reek introduced him, stressing the word 'friend'. Ah well, it was expected, after all they didn't exactly meet in a very friendly way. In fact it was probably the opposite, spitting verbal insults at each other and then making a very dangerous deal. But then, they were both crazed men, chaotic ones, albeit ones that weren't evil. At least Arion wasn't evil, he didn't know about Reek.

He laughed when Reek spoke, saying he knew his direction to the ragged male's heart. "Hey man, we're equal. You know your way to mine." It was true, if the yellow eyed wolf did not supply him with the drugs, gods know what would've happened by now. Death by the thousands probably, except there weren't thousands here.

"Nice to meet ya too, Wynter." The stallion smiled at her, politely, it was a bit awkward for him, social pleasantries were so not in his area. "Yeah, sure. I'll deposit the rest in some cache."
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
So sorry for the delay, I've been WAY too busy lately.

Food for drugs, drugs for food.  Seemed like a good deal for Reek, who in his own terms was a piss-poor hunter.  Plant's were far easier prey, as they didn't fight back or cause a fuss. They just, well, sat there;  spending their droll day's just waiting to be plucked from the ground... an easy task for a lazy man.  Although, it did provide a nice method to stay useful in the pack setting without putting on bulk or brawn, which proved to be impossible for the ragged wolf.

"Just keep the food coming, Arion," advised Reek, finishing off the last bits of the squirrel.  He wasn't entirely sure what Wynter would think of the arrangement that the two had come to, and keeping secrets from the wolf he had grown to care so much about wasn't favorable. However, secrets were simply a part of Reek and the house of cards he had begun to construct.

"Leave the rest.  I'll, er, figure out a way to pay you," continued Reek, hoping Arion would get the idea.  The raggedy wolf turned to Wynter and smiled.  "Still hungry?
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter munched on the small rabbit she had taken from the pile of prey Arion had brought with him. Whether or not he meant them to be for us she wasnt sure but she was hungry so she ate anyways. 

Pay? What? Wynter couldnt figure out what Reek had meant by paying Arion for the food. Whatever it was it didnt seem like a good thing. However, Wynter decided it best not to bug the black wolf about it for now. Unless it became more of a problem. "Nah, I'm fine," she said to Reek with a smile. "If i get hungry later I'll go fetch myself something," she stood and stretched once again.

"I'm going back inside for a bit," she mentioned with a yawn. She would like to enjoy what was left of her afternoon nap. She gave a small nod to Arion as she turned tail and headed back into the den where she curled up and lay her head on her paws. She listened though to the conversation between the Chocolate coated wolf and her dear friend Reek.

Last one for me i think. Feel free to continue though amongst the pair of you haha.
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
fade?

Food he could catch quite easily, it was a lot like fighting but easier, in his mind at least. Arion could change his fighting moves to catch prey instead, it was fun. Food for drugs. Fair enough. Reek wasn't a good hunter but a good herb collector, Arion was a warrior and hunter and caught prey easily but got bored to death trying to collect the drugs he needed. They made a good match, for trading at least. He needed to thank the ragged dark furred wolf for the supply of extract he had, or the greek would've caused some kind of terrible disaster already.

"It would be my pleasure," a sly smile spread over the chocolate nobleman's maw when his drug dealer told him to keep the food coming. It grew even bigger when Reek told him he would figure out a way to pay him later for the food, oh they both knew what it was. Drugs. It was fine with him to leave the food there, he would go hunting later on anyways and the two of them would need prey to keep living, seeing as they were just sleeping and lazing around.

When Wynter left, Arion turned his honey gaze to the ragged male and cocked his head in a curious manner, a smirk sliding across his snout. "Shouldn't you go back in and cuddle with your girlfriend? I'll collect my payment tomorrow or something." With another grin at his drug dealer, the stallion rose onto his paws, turned and began making his way to his own den.