Stavanger Bay If only living was as easy now
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had asked Levi and Charon to watch the young ones. Making sure to remind them to keep them warm, while she went on a walk. She just wanted to relieve herself, and have a bite to eat. Without Ragnar here, it was hard to move each day. The spring had started so very happy, only to end with somber and sadness. She took a deep shuddered breath, and dipped her muzzle to take some water in for a drink.

She sat down heavily, fighting to keep the tears at bay. She knew her husband was in Valhalla. She knew she was not supposed to grieve, but rather honor his memory with happy thoughts. However, despite that she couldn't. Her heart felt heavy and full of darkness. There was revenge on her mind. The scent that had laid heavy with Ragnar's body had tickled her senses. Alas, she could not remember who it was, and it hurt. It hurt so bad to go on with her life without him.

It was funny wasn't she had, had the love of a lifetime for two brief years, not even that and had lost him just as suddenly as she had gotten him. She took another deep breath, her body shaking from one end to the other as she repressed the sobs that threatened to take over her.
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Like Thistle, Atreyu also pondered over the scent that had lingered around the area that had now become a tainted piece of land — a patch of the Wild where their Jarl had been murdered. The boy had scouted the place after he and the others gave Ragnar a proper farewell, yet there were no other signs of the savage, and his scent was quickly fading. However, he was not racked with grief as the now lone Alpha of the Bay was. He didn't want to grieve — not yet. Not until justice was served.

With a determined fire in his eyes, Atreyu pressed towards the Alpha's den with the intent to speak with her, before he suddenly halted as he saw the small female sitting by a stream. The whole area was silent and sombre, and the boy felt himself holding his breath as he gingerly approached her with a bowed head. "Thistle," he greeted quietly, coming to a stop a few paces away. "Uh...how are the pups doing?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle knew that Justice was something she wanted, but she was unsure if she would ever get it. She was tied to the bay now indisputably. She could not just run off in search of the murderer, to hand him death on swift paws. There was an ember of hate for whoever had done this. However, there was also a small bit of respect, for not many could kill or maim her husband. They had been a strong warrior to get the drop on him. Not that would stay her paw, if there came a time that she had a chance to kill the wolf.

Thistle smiled at him and dipped her nose down, gently, briefly touching his shoulder in hello. Thistle sighed softly, The pups are doing well, growing well, and they are happy. Much more happy than I am. They will grow strong and well in this pack. How are you?
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
He accepted her greeting with a wave of his tail, returning to lick the underside of her maw in submission and a show of support. Her sadness was almost tangible, and her words confirmed her state. Atreyu's brow fell, glad the Bay's litter were doing well but still angered by what this unknown savage had done. First Charon and his brother and now the newest pups, cursed to grow up without a blood-related father. Of course, the pack would step in to help raise them with Thistle as was custom in packs, but they would never get to meet the mighty, silver-furred viking.

Atreyu nodded after the Alpha spoke with a small shrug. "Fine," he replied, though it was an obvious lie. Anger threatened to boil over and he had so many questions and his teeth just wanted to tear and rip into the stranger who had murdered their Jarl and whoever else he had associated with, but Atreyu kept it to himself. He forced a small smile towards Thistle, who looked as though gravity had become particularly heavy around her.

"We will find him," he said at length, referring to the savage. His eyes lit up with renewed determination. The scent that clung to the air of the scene had most definitely been male and, although it was the only telling thing that he knew of him, it was at least something. "And we will kill him."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle tilted her head softly at his greeting, and show of submission. Appreciating it all the same. Sometimes she feared that they would not follow her, now that she did not have Ragnar backing her. It upset her greatly, and worried her all the time. She however tampered it down and pushed it down. Thistle thought on Gunnar's words before he left, telling her of the curse that lay thick and heavy on this pack. She wasn't sure anymore, if it was the area, or if it was she. Everything, happened when she was around, everything. It worried her.

Thistle looked at him strangely, knowing he was lying, but also unsure how to approach it. Atreyu had been much closer with Ragnar than she. He probably felt the grief as acutely as she did. Thistle would not have condemned him for his thoughts of violence. She actually probably would have told him good thinking, for it was the viking way to be violent. Hadn't Ragnar proven that so many times, and despite that he had been a good man, a man she loved so much it hurt.

Thistle sighed and wrinkled her nose, I am troubled by this. I know his scent, but for the life of me I cannot put a face to it. It drives me crazy. I have been thinking and puzzling over and over again trying to remember, and it just does not come. It has too much mixed in with it now. I do not condone your thoughts, I would not mind killing him myself. However, you must promise me Atreyu that if you do think you find him, you make sure he is the right one and you take others with you? I will not have anymore die while i am queen of the bay. Please?
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Atreyu snapped his head up to stare straight at the Alpha as she spoke, her muzzle creasing as she tried to determined where the scent had come from. His heart began to thud, realising that if she remembered — even the most minute detail — they would have a stronger lead. Anything would help. His ears swept forward as far as they could go as she continued but revealed no more information, instead cautioning him if they ever were to find the stranger. Even though they knew nothing about him, he had already proven himself strong, having taken down a wolf such as Ragnar.

So, a male. Most likely strong. Big.

Atreyu's own brow furrowed as he gazed at Thistle, seemingly puzzled by her request. "Of course," he replied, knowing full well that if they were to get their revenge on the wolf it would take more than just himself. Hell, if they got really lucky, Thistle would be there herself to exact justice upon the murderer. He was pleased, however, that she didn't discourage his aspirations. They were a brutal pack when they chose to be, and now was definitely one of those times where they would rear their mighty heads and show the Wilds what sort of vikings they truly were.

"You said you knew the scent? Where? Can you remember anything else?" The boy suddenly got to his feet. "I can go to the other packs! And...and bring their scent back here for you!"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle shifted uncomfortably under his scrutiny. A little non plussed that he would continue to stare at her. She lifted her head a little to look at him back. She was in no mood to trifle with such things as rank. However, she was no comfortable being stared at. Had never been, though she could not blame him. After all she had completely did a 180 in their conversation. And it discouraged her that she could remember no more than that.

Oh Thistle was not a violent wolf, but she had thought long and hard about the devil that took her own and she was determined that if the time came. She would end him, without mercy. No one took from the viking queen, no one. They would rue the day that they ever so much as touched her husband. Thistle did not discourage his intentions. There had been a time, perhaps that she would have. However, not anymore. No now, she wanted the others death on her own too. She was a viking it was time to act like one.

Thistle shook her head and her eyes grew far away. It's from long time ago. Gunnar knew the scent too, but he could not place it either. So it was a wolf I must have met when the oldest of my children, were still very young. It was male, and he had to have known Ragnar to get that close. SHe knew she was missing an important piece of her puzzle. You can do that if you wish, though I do not know if it will work. And you be careful.
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
He was unaware of the discomfort he caused the leader from his prolonged staring, so eager to uncover any more information she had. Usually, he would have averted his gaze, knowing full well that to stare an Alpha down was to challenge them, but his thoughts were elsewhere. For the moment, there was no Alpha. Just two wolves of the Bay plotting against the one who had felled the Jarl. Whoever he was.

His question was met with glazed over eyes and a shake of her head, his ears lowering as he listened. The excitement that had peaked with the idea abandoned him, causing his tail to fall as well. Gunnar was about a year old now, right? So the wolf had been in the Wilds close to a year then. He was no newcomer to the lands. And had apparently been familiar with the man he murdered. Or just very brave. Or very dumb.

Atreyu frowned again as Thistle warned him once more. Perhaps it was not the greatest idea — going into another pack's territory and rolling yourself all in their markings, covering yourself in their scent. Huh. Yeah, maybe not the brightest thing he had ever thought of. "What would you have me do?" he asked softly, not wanting to pressure the grieving wolf. Despite her answer, though, he was still going to investigate this.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle did not trifle with the staring, normally she would have. She herself, was a little excited at the prospect of perhaps finding out the truth of who murdered Ragnar. She thought long and hard about it, it had to be a wolf her husband knew and was comfortable with. She knew it was not the wolf Peregrine, though she realized they still owed them a visit. She frowned in thought.

Thistle turned back to him again, and saw his deflated stance. She leaned forward and nudged him gently. Do not lose your Vim and Vinegar Atreyu, it will do you well in life. I think I may have it down to a few prospects. Because the wolf would have to have known Ragnar. To get that close, and he would have had to trust them. Ragnar trusts no one, but a few. If asked Thistle would have thought the wolf both dumb and brave, to approach her husband in such a manner. 

Thistle looked at him and dipped her muzzle, I would have you gather information, if you can do it without causing strife to yourself and others. We do not want anyone to suspect, we want to murder one of their own. Make a trip to Redhawk Caldera ask for Peregrine. I do not think that he has done it, but he does deserve to know of my husbands death, as he wanted to be allies once upon a time. Ragnar has two sons running around out there. Tyrr, and Bragi, Tyrr was adopted, so he could have a reason. Bragi however was not. Also, Dagrun brother of Ragnar. I do not know if they are still about anyway, but if they are. That is all I can think of. YOu becareful Atreyu, and come back to us. We do not want to lose anymore family members. If any should attack you, you attack back, and you tell us and we will act accordingly. 
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Her light nudge was comforting, and steeled his resolve even further to find whoever had stolen her husband away from her. He did not know the extent of her grief, having never loved anyone in that way before, nor had he ever had to deal with the murder of a family member. However, Stavanger Bay was his family through and through now, and when they lost a member — the Alpha, no less — he was sure everyone felt it.

When Thistle mentioned she had some idea, he whipped his head up again, listening intently. Even the smallest bit of information would be useful. She had the right idea, trying to realise the man's intentions instead of going by the physical evidence. He nodded at her words, allowing her to continue.

Gather information, he could do that. Without strife, check. Atreyu noted the words Redhawk Caldera and Peregrine, having never heard of either before but determined to help in whatever way he could. Before he could ask if she suspected this Peregrine of the murder, Thistle spoke again, causing the boy to nod in understanding. Well, if the Redhawk pack were not against becoming allies still, Atreyu himself wouldn't mind. Perhaps some of their own knew something about this.

The names of Ragnar's sons were locked away, too. Tyrr and Bragi. They too, were unknown to him, but he resolved to find them anyway, whether they resided within the Wilds or not. His brother, Dagrun, Atreyu also took note of, wondering if any had a good enough motive to murder their own kin. Revenge? Jealousy? He repeated the names a number of times, getting them to stick so he wouldn't forget them. His features softened as Thistle expressed her concern for their small family, offering a smile. He was in no rush to make it any smaller.

"Go to Redhawk," he echoed. "Do not cause trouble." He showed his teeth afterwards, though, comforted that he had a pack behind him if there was trouble. "Should I ask them if they know of Tyrr, Bragi and Dagrun?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle could not even begin to describe the pain she felt. The way that it was sometimes hard to breathe, the pain so paramount. Or the fact that she still woke at night, because she was cold and looked about for him to lean against, until she realized he was gone forever. She would never be able to do so again. Or the fact that she looked at their children, and it was like a sharp barb everytime, despite that she loved them so much.

Thistle wasn't sure how much her information could help, but she was willing to do her best. To try and find who did this, to punish them. If she had her way, in a perfect world. Atreyu would find them, and bring them back. And she would set her very pack members upon whomever it was and allow them to tear the ruffian that took her love away, to pieces.

You can yes, but be warned. Vikings are savage creatures and if one of them killed him, they may attack you as well. I do not think Dagrun would have, he loved his brother. Bragi and Tyrr I do not know their motives or thoughts. Thank you Atreyu.
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Last post from me! Unless Thistle has anything else she wants to say :D

Dagrun. It sounded like the name some sort of knave would have; Atreyu scarcely concealed his distaste as he thought of it. The other two, Bragi and Tyrr, he wasn't so sure about. He knew, truthfully, he shouldn't judge others on their name alone, but the boy desperately wanted to put the blame on someone, direct his anger towards something tangible. His eyes narrowed as if in challenge as Thistle warned of the vikings. I hope one of them does, he thought, fully believing he would be able to take on one of these relatives of Ragnar.

His simmering gaze was interrupted slightly as she mentioned that it may not have been this Dagrun, for he loved his brother. He looked confused for a moment, before nodding. He'd still be interrogated, though, if Atreyu ever came across him. At the Alpha's thanks, the Gamma took a step forward and licked under her chin again to show his respect and gratitude. "We'll get revenge," he said simply, giving a nod once again to the woman before beginning to move past her, eager to head out for this Redhawk Caldera. He paused, though, looking back and awaiting anything else she had to say.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had no doubt in her mind that Dagrun did not kill his brother. As a matter of fact, she was certain that he was long gone from the teekon woods. Tyrr had been so angry with Ragnar last time she had seen him. And Bragi, had flat out refused to believe he was his father. Thistle sighed, seeing the expression on Atreyu face. She could not tell him the severity of the vikings. Could not make him understand that their savagery was sometimes indescribable. He would find out, lord she just hoped it wasn't at the expense of his own hide.

Thistle stood still and watched him go, anxious and afraid, for both him and the pack. She was starting to wonder if she shouldn't just give it  up. Stop trying, she was no good at this whole thing, she wasn't even a very good mother apparently. She sighed and with one last look turned and headed back home.