Stavanger Bay I'll sing to the stars just for you
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle tucked the hide around the young ones. The gift she had been given, all those months ago, from Dagrun at the birth of hre first litter. She slid from the den, and sat down at the den mouth. Tipping one ear backwards so she could listen and another forward, while she looked to the heavens. Not certain what she was looking for, but she was searching regardless.

Perhaps she wanted an inkling that Ragnar still watched over them. Perhaps she just wanted to see if the bright lights of valhalla would shine for her. Anything really, to fill the void that he had left in his wake. The darkness that could not be healed, and it was all consuming. It took Thistle extreme effort to just wake up in the morning and eat and drink. It would be so much easier to just lay down, and let the grief overtake her. Steal her life from her lungs, and her soul from her body. However, the pack needed her, all her children needed her. She could not be selfish, but just for once. She wished she could be.
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi was nearing his adulthood, at least in terms of age. He was nearly eight months old and from what he understood, that was when he would be joining the adult ranks. He wondered what he would need to do to be more open and friendly with others, to not hide in his den or the safety of the pack. He was not a very sociable wolf, but he loved his family and would do anything for them.

Thoughts of Ragnar and death had filtered into his mind lately, and tonight he could not sleep. So he wandered the shores of the beach for a few hours, and finally made his way inland. He sought out his mother, wondering if he could be of any help her, now or in the future. He saw her sitting outside and a smile lit up his face. "Hi Momma," he said softly, nudging her gently on the cheek.

It was dark and the pups were asleep behind them as he settled next to her, taking his spot between his siblings and the world around them. "How are you?" he asked softly, looking at her for a moment before turning his eyes to the heavens. He would be here for her, even if she didn't want to talk about it. That was the best thing anyone could do.
crash down like an avalanche
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle sat and sighed softly, she realized she had all but forgot about her children all of them lately. Mostly just taking care of them as she went. She was distant and it rankled within the gentle she wolf. She was determined to rectify that. Thoughts of Charon and Levi swam through her head. Both almost adults, both good additions to the ranks. She wasn't sure yet, if she should move Charon up, she actually longed for her husband's words of wisdom in this area. He had been the king after all, she just merely a figurehead for a queen.

Thistle smiled softly as Levi, came forward. He had really stepped up, especially where his younger siblings were concerned. Even if they were not his by blood. He had taken care of them, when Thistle could not. He was there when she had to run to the borders. He was a good boy, a lot like his mother. Though, he was not as happy go lucky, no that alone belonged to Charon. She nudged him back, Hello Levi. Could not sleep?

Thistle sighed softly, I am doing better than I was Levi, but not near as good as I could be.  I fear sometimes, that I am  not being a good mother, or queen while grief lays heaven on me. Sometimes I wonder if we should just move from this cursed land. Gunnar begged me too before he left, even before he said goodbye to all of you he begged. But I could not go.
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi didn't reply verbally to Thistle's question, but instead shook his head silently. He couldn't sleep, not after what happened. But what was scary was the fact that Thistle was out here alone, and Levi knew his siblings would be safe and quiet for a moment without them. They were not far away, after all, and could return within a moment at a cry.

The boy listened to his mother as she spoke, as she lamented her husband's death, and brought up bad memories on top of worse ones. Levi didn't speak for a moment, but finally allowed a brief comment. "You are a good Momma and queen all the time, Momma. Don't worry about that." Whatever else she thought about doing, about leaving or abandoning them, Levi knew she wouldn't. "If you want to leave, I will follow. I stand behind you."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled at his gentle shake of head. And licked his ears, gently preening his head, as she thought of different things, if he would allow. She did not fear for the safety of her youngest children, not when they were both here. And Charon too, never very far.

Thistle smiled and stopped move about for a moment. Gave Levi a gentle nudge, Thank you Levi, very much. She grew quiet and just enjoyed the silence of the night. As thoughts danced and tumbled throughout her mind. Where should they go from here. She heard his words, but they did not click at first. She sighed and tilted her ears again. Perhaps I should ask the few who remain. I need to bring a beta up the ranks to help me, and perhaps another alpha, purely out of friendship. There is so much we need to do, we need to start preparing for winter, but there is so few of us. I worry Levi very much, about all of you.
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi was one wolf that did not mind the silence. His life had been lived in silence for so long that he felt comfortable within it, surrounded by it. He only wanted to make his mother happy, and though she was in pain from a myriad of things, Levi couldn't do anything to help her feel better except simply be. She spoke about what she might do, and what she needed to do, in order to prepare for winter. Levi smiled softly and returned her nudge.

"There are months and months between now and winter. We can prepare slowly, little by little." As far as her thoughts on raising up two leaders, Levi knew who to pick. "Charon would be a good leader. He is smart and brave and strong. He could help you." As for the others, Levi didn't know many of them well enough to say. Whatever she decided, he would stand beside her.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle wasn't incredibly fond of silence. She tended to think too much and her thoughts too loud. They were crippling at the best of times, damn near impossible in silence. Thistle was glad to have a few left, those that were loyal and almost all of them sweet. She was growing tired of this constant up and down of the pack. It was straining and stress ful, and she just wanted to give up, but couldn't. Far too many relied on her.

Thistle smiled, I have already planned on moving Charon to beta, but there is no denying that a single alpha it is a hard thing to do. I however, do not know if I want to share the throne with anyone other than Ragnar. She frowned softly, sadly at the mention of her husband. How she missed him, it wasn't fair.
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi could understand his mother's desire to be the sole alpha, to only share it with her husband. But, as harsh as it sounded, Ragnar was dead. Levi didn't say that out loud, though, because it would only upset his mother, and that wasn't his intention tonight, anyway. Instead, he said, "I understand," and left it at that. But what he truly wanted to talk about was beginning to push itself to the forefront, and he smiled as he spoke.

"Maybe what you need is two betas? Charon is a good choice. Maybe you can find another you trust?" Levi was not talking about himself, either. Maybe a woman for Charon to carry on the family name. But as far as he knew, there was no one by that description in this area. At least none that weren't related to him by blood or adoption. "I also wanted to talk to you about me. I need to step up and help you now that Dad is gone. I want to learn a trade." Levi looked toward his mother with a smile. "What trade would be most helpful to you and Charon? I will learn anything."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle knew very well that Ragnar was dead, she felt it in the emptiness of the den, as his scent no longer lingered near the borders, and most of all the hole deep in her chest that couldn't be filled. She also knew it was foolish to try and rule alone, when she was barely keeping herself together, but there was no one she trusted enough yet. Perhaps she would talk to Charon, after turning him Beta. He may thought want the alpha position, of which she would not allow him to have, he was too young. Heck sometimes she felt she was too young.

Thistle chuckled, It is always to be a female and a male in the leadership positions, it's just how it goes. I'm afraid Levi, that there are no more females to be beta. And there weren't there were no females period other than Thistle and Ragna. She sighed softly, the weight of the pack was heavy upon her. Thistle smiled at him and nudged him under the chin gently, a small tsk sound. No Levi I will not tell you what you should do. That is something that you need to decide. It is something that you must love, or you will not do well at it. Though I will give you my advice if you would like to have it?