Redtail Rise Oxytocin
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Anyone can jump in for added awkwardness, however this will more than likely be a plot heavy thread for Reek and @Wynter.

Reek was a man on a mission.  Waking early in the morning, long before the sunrise, the ragged wolf returned to the poppy plant where he had met Arion, miles from the marked territory of Redtail Rise.  However, this time he didn't return for seeds or sap, but instead, he came for one of the beautiful red and black blooms that sprouted from the earth.  Today was the day, and Reek was feeling confident.  After picking the most flawless specimen he could find, he began his long trek back to his pack's territory, flower carried between his teeth.  

Romantic gestures weren't the bastard's forte, however, he did have a keen taste for the grandiose.  He had rehearsed what he had planned to say over and over again, and he played different scenarios like movies in his head, tweaking and twisting the outcome until he felt completely prepared.  Reek intended this to go without a hitch, and it had to be absolutely perfect.      

The closer he got to Redtail Rise, the more nervous he became.  Upon nearing the den,  Reek had become a shaking wreck.  Before turning the corner to enter it's narrow entrance, the ragged wolf gulped and tried to regain a small shred of composure.  After taking a deep breath, the bastard decided to wing it.  Poking his head inside the den, he dropped the flower at the feet of the female he had grown to care so much about.  "@Wynter,  can we talk?" Sputtered Reek with a nervous smile.
I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
OOC: OMG IT DID NOT JUST DELETE WHAT I WROTE. Grr. I have to type it again now. -.- New and improved haha.

Wynter woke to the sunrise. She could see the sun rays shining through the entrance of the den. She looked around for a moment. Where was the dark pelted companion who shared the den with her and who she cared for so much. She wouldn't deny it anymore. She liked him. He was one of the first friends she had at the sound however forbidden that friendship might have been. 

She hoped he was okay wherever he had gone. He must have left before the sun even was even on the horizon. She stood groggily and padded outside the den. She glanced out over her new territory. New pack, new home. Once again. She was happy that they had found this place but at the same time she didn't deny she would miss parts of lone life. 

She decided to head back inside the den and wait for her companions return. She was waiting for what felt like forever before his black face poked his head through the entrance. "You're back," she said giving him a warm smile as he placed the most beautiful flower at her paws. "Sure we can talk," she said tail twitching happily. He looked nervous, which wasn't normal for him. So whatever it was he wanted to talk about had to be important to him. Me?
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Ugh! I hate it when that happens.  I feel like my writing is always worse the second time around.

It was finally happening. Reek had hit the point of no return, to which he would no longer be able to postpone the inevitable. However, this was prime-time to let his feelings known. With the new pack freshly formed, Reek finally had the means to be a proper friend... and more importantly a proper mate.   Wynter had stuck by his side when he needed her most, and for that, she deserved only the best.

Reek pulled his gaunt frame into the interior of the den, pushing the poppy flower closer to Wynter with his nose before settling in beside her with an affectionate nudge.  "I picked that out, just for you," he began, flashing her a nervous smile.  Shit, being romantic was difficult.  For someone who prided himself on being a social expert, Reek was at a rare loss for words.  Everything he had previously planned and rehearsed to say had exited his mind without a trace, leaving Reek to scramble to put sentences together. "I, um— I wanted to bring more, but most were, er... not good enough."

With a final gulp, Reek tried to regain his composer. "I've been doing some thinking lately; a lot of it actually.  —Thinking about us, I mean."  Reek paused for a moment, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. "I think what i'm meaning to say here Wyn is I, uh, I like you."  I like you? Goddamn.... emotions, why so hard?   

154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter nosed at the flower as Reek pushed it closer to her, it smelled nice. That was the bonus to how pretty it was. The coulours so vivid and not a bent petal to be seen. He must have spent a while looking for this flower. She brushed her muzzle into his head as he settled down beside her.

Wynter's ears twitched as Reek's nervousness came across in a few of the things he said. "The flower is perfect Reek, I love it," she said smile remaining warm but she was trying not to show her own nervousness. She had a feeling she knew what was coming. Her stomach began to do what felt like small backflips inside of her. There was the nerves kicking in.

Wynter let out a small chuckle as Reek managed to get out that he had been thinking about her and him a lot lately. That he liked her. She knew what he meant though. "You know, I've been thinking about us too," she said becoming more nervous now but still managing a relatively normal smile. "I like you as well, a lot. I never really brought it up because well. I wasn't sure if you did too," she said. Why did i say that. That was just rambling. Go figure. She did a facepaw in her head out of complete embarrassment. 

OOC: Oh lord the awkwardness of this post. XD
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
So much awkwardness

The ragged wolf beamed a wide and toothy grin when Wynter had found the flower to be 'perfect'. So much win! He had spent his entire morning rooting through the poppies for a flower that reminded him of her... and only one of the many passed the test.  "Here," he said, taking the delicate flower back up in his jaws.  Gently, he threaded the stem though Wynter's fur behind her ear.  "Beautiful, just like you." With a wide grin, Reek gave his companion a quick kiss on the cheek before settling back into his spiel.

"Y-you what?" Shot Reek quickly in a somewhat surprised tone.  Sure, he knew she cared, but Reek had half expected rejection at the paws of the agouti.  The bastard was fishing far out of his league... getting a bite of reciprocation came as a pleasant surprise.  "You do?" he asked incredulously, smile stretching from ear to ear.

"You know Wyn, I always figured by now I would have settled down, started a family, and gotten domestic, but I had never found any wolf I really cared to spend my time with.  Until I met you, of course."  Reek shifted back and forth in a nervous rhythm. It was time to make things official. "So, like, are we a thing?  —I'd like to be a thing.  We don't have to put any labels on it if you don't want to.  But, I'd like to settle down... with you."
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter smiled as Reek threaded the flower into her fur. It was probably a good thing wolves couldn't noticeably blush. Wynter was so happy she literally couldn't stop smiling. Not that it was a bad thing she was. Always when she was around Reek she was happy. He gave her that extra sense of comfort and not just that. She could be herself around him. She wasn't able to do that with most let alone any wolves. Even Phantom she had never fully felt accepted around. 

"Yes I do, I mean it," she confirmed. "Ever since I met you, I sort of knew that someday somehow we would end up being great friends or mates," she said thinking back to the first time she had met him. The black wolf swimming in the ocean of the sound. The attitude he had given her and the alpha. She knew friendships were banned in that pack amongst the male and female wolves. She wondered was Leu, Minthe, Naesea, and Callantha would think of her if they saw her now.

"I'd thought about it myself too. I never thought i would have gone through half the stuff i have, but it was all worth it in the end. If I hadn't run from my birth pack during the battle. I would never have met you," she said licking him over the muzzle. "I'd say so," she said with a smile "I don't mind the labels," she finished. "I-I love you," she said the nerves finally showing in her voice. Finally shed managed to get out what neither of them had managed to say earlier.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
      To say the least, Reek was ecstatic.  His heart pounded against his chest as if it were about to rocket out of his body in any minute.  So this was mateship. In the movement it seemed so simple, so secure.  All he wanted to do was hold on to Wyn tightly and never let go.  Awkward as their exchange was, Reek hadn't expected that his, somewhat odd, proposal would go as smoothly as it had.   However, life for the two lovebirds couldn't have been more perfect.

The L-word was not something just thrown around in Reek's every day vernacular.  No, that was a term that would have to carry meaning.  The ragged wolf was never one to forge strong emotional bonds with others, and one could arguably say the only wolf that Reek had ever truly loved had been his mother.  Romantic love, however, had never really taken precedent in his life, and for a while, the ragged wolf wondered if he would ever truly feel it himself.  But, when the word rang from Wynter's lips, Reek knew. He had known since the two had had their secret conversations in Ankyra, since she had set his leg back into place on the beach, and since she decided to face the unknown with him after their pack fell apart.  He knew that he loved her.  

"I love you too Wyn,"  he excitedly replied.  The word felt strange rolling off the tongue, however, it felt right.  He nestled even closer into Wynter and rested his head on the back of her neck. "More than you will ever know.  I know, traditionally, you would take my surname, but I don't have one... but I think we should take Redtail as our last name... and for our future family.  You know, new beginnings and stuff."
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter's heart was beating fast and she was still grinning from ear to ear. Finally she didn't have to hide how she felt. From him, or from anyone. She had found the one wolf she wanted to spend the rest of her life, however long, with. She didn't very often get along with wolves, most didn't enjoy her company. There were a select few but eve those sometimes disappeared.

Reek. He was different. They had their sessions of banter that she enjoyed so much, she also appreciated when he was there for her in her pit of anger after the pack disbanded. She didn't know what she would have done or where she would have gone if they hadn't stuck together. She hoped he knew that she would do the same for him. Be there if he ever needed to talk about anything, help him if he ever needed it. Like after the battle.

Wynter felt her heart skip a beat as Reek said that he love her too. She wasn't sure if what she had said had been even too soon. Stop thinking like that, stop doubting yourself.He loves you and that's all that should matter.  "I think that's a great idea," Wynter said repeating the name in her head softly. Wynter Redtail. After the pack and after the beautiful place they now called home. New beginnings, something Wynter had become acustomed too, both a good and a bad thing. This one was a good one though, settling down with the wolf she loved.

OOC: Rambling? XD I feel like I am aha.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Psshhhh, you're good! All I ever write is just one big ramble.

"Perfect," Reek beamed from behind his typical, shit-eating grin.  Reek Redtail. The name certainly had a nice ring to it. It just rolled off the tongue easily.  Because he had never officially been given Finch as a surname, due to the circumstances of his birth, he had little ties or sentament to the family that shared it.  However, Redtail would be much more attachment worthy.  The pack was already like a family, why not share a name?

Picking his head up from Wynter's neck, Reek clumsily turned to face her in cramped confines of their den.  "We could, you know... be parents and stuff," he continued in a nervous jumble.  Good going Reek, how romantic.  "I-I could expand the den and make it more permanent... give us a little more room for, uh, expansion.  Maybe we should talk to Saena about this, but I kinda want to be a dad."   The ragged wolf shot Wynter a thin and dopey smile before giving her a sloppy wet kiss on the muzzle.  "And I know you'd be a fantastic mother."

154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter chuckled slightly as Reek brought up being parents. Then nodded. "Yea, I've always wanted pups of my own," she said imagining what it would be like having little ones running around. "You know i was thinking of pursuing caretaker as one of my trades in the first place," she mentioned remembering what she had been thinking about a few days ago. 

"I would help you expand for sure, I wouldn't want you to do all the work yourself. I figure I'm capable so why not," she said with a small chuff as she looked around the den. "We should talk to Saena though your right. She deserves to know," Wynter stated with a nod. "You would be a great father too," she tossed the thought around in her mind for a bit. If they have his sense of humor. This would be entertaining.

Wynter stood and gave Reek a playful nudge careful not to lose the flower he had woven into her fur. "Fancy a walk, see if we can find the Alpha?" she asked looking through the entrance of the den. It was a beautiful day outside, warm, little bit of sun but not too much. A soft breeze keeping it cool enough you don't overheat. 

OOC: 1. how do you do that ooc thing that everyone knows how to do but me. 2. Worth ending this and actually starting a new one with Saena or continuing this but tag her?
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The OOC code is [ ooh ]blah blah blah[ /ooc ] without the spaces. I'm down to archive here if you want and start a new thread! If you wanna squeeze one last post in, you can.  Or I can archive now!

Reek let out a sigh of relief when Wynter said she would be up for trying.  Parenthood, holy shit-snacks.  The idea was both terrifying and exciting at the same time.  Reek had previously entertained the idea of becoming a father, however, he never put too much thought into the subject, usually concluding that such a thing would probably never happen.  It's funny how half-baked plans work out.  

"Sure thing Wyn," he mused happily after her playful nudge.  Reek rose to his feet following Wynter out of their den.  Expansion would have to wait for another time... more important matters were waiting to be attended too (like telling everyone of their now official mate-ship). Saena wouldn't be too far out as she was still probably out marking the borders of the territory. 

"Lets do this," he said with air of finality while pulling himself from the den and into the sunlight.  He looked back at Wynter and beckoned her to follow with a quick flick of the head.  And with that, the newlyweds began to make their way to alert @Saena of their plans.