Sequoia Coast Scolded
I'd rather die with someone than let that person die before my eyes
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
@Charon, @Levi, @Thistle Cloud, @Atreyu, @Jorunn for whomever would like to respond! Thanks!

Silvertip Mountian hadn't been a complete failure. On one paw she had started the possibility of an alliance between Silvertip and the Sunspire and on the other paw she could go back for the healer. It would have been easier if the healer had been available then, but at least she could go back. Rain glances at her knight with a frown as they walk away from Silvertip. He had crossed a line that even she dare not cross and now she has to confront him about it. She doesn't wish to scold him, but she has to get him to understand what she needs him to do. "Nishu," she starts hesitantly. "There's something we need to discuss." She stops lengths away from the coast to turn to him. "It wasn't right of you to cross the boarder. I am on a mission for my pack to gather information and create alliances where I can. You may not represent the Sunspire, but you represent me and I need you to support me on this. Crossing the boarder of another wolf's territory is grounds for instant termination of any hopes of an alliance or information that I need. You tarnish my reputation and image when you do not follow pack law." She pauses to gaze into his eyes with determination, an ear flicking with worry. "Do you understand what I mean?" She doesn't doubt that he does, but rather his response for it could go either way.
The moon wears silver armor that shines brightly through the darkness.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
After all that hard work he manged to keep the other wolves at bay. Although that Alpha of Silvertip wanted him away he was sure that patrolling around meeting was the wisest move. It felt like a job well done, or atleast so far so good. Rain called and shortly he returned to her side. He felt proud of himself, thought he did good, things almost seemed like it went by flawlessly. Nishu wondered what information was shared during the meeting but he knew he shouldn't ask. Protecting Rain was all that he should worry about, nothing else.

Once they were cleared and back to travailing Rain suddenly turned towards him, She appeared to have something bothering her. Since she felt the need to tell him something he was all ears for her and ready to listen. Her words shot through what was making him feel like things went well, breaking it. The look Nishu gave was one that was made when a mistake was just now realised. "What?" Surprised and thrown off balance, he never thought that crossing a boarder was a big deal. All he was doing was guarding the meeting and ended up encountering two wolves.

So instead of doing a good job he made her look bad? All this time he wanted to avoid doing that. Never thought his actions were actually bad, until now. He didn't really see the wrong in what he did but whatever it was it was wrong for Rain. "But I prevented two wolves from joining the meeting. I didn't really go that far from their boarder I stayed close." He said, hopeing that she would see some good in what he did. Either way it didn't seem like he did the right thing. He should have done something else instead, but there was no way he would ever bow down to that kind of Alpha. What else could he do then? Leave and hope that Rain could handle the rest? No, that would have been too risky.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Nishu voiced his accomplishment of keeping two wolves from her and FitzDutiful. Rain folds her ears back in sadness. "If the two wolves had come across us, I'm sure their Alpha would have handled the situation. Once he accepted to speak with me, there was hardly a lick of danger from him and his pack." She leans forward and nuzzles him. "I understand that you only wish to protect me, and I appreciate every moment of it. You also need to understand that if you do not follow pack law then you cannot join me when I leave my pack. Think about it Nishu. If each pack rejects you and tells you that you are not allowed to come back, that leaves me alone." She draws her tongue over his muzzle speaking an apology and hoping that he will forgive her for such harshness towards him. 

Turning, Rain walks on, leaving Nishu to mull over what she said. She will give him time to think things over and understand where she is coming from. If not, she is afraid that she will either have to leave him away from the boarders of the packs or tell him to return to the Sunspire and wait for her return. Neither of which she wishes to do, but her position as Outrider needed her to be able to speak with the packs without hostility.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
He sort of could understand why Rain didn't exactly approve of his actions. Many packs had their laws but Nishu has been around long enough to see that it wasn't the same everywhere. Sure he trespassed simply because he couldn't stay with Rain. Thought it would be better to pervent ambushes. For some reason he doubted that he and Rain could be lucky enough to survive a second impossible ambush. If each pack started to reject him that would make it harder for him to stay with Rain. In any case Nishu was going to have to find a way around conflicting laws and duties. He did need to think about it. Lucky he came up with something he could barely accept but it should make things alright.

None of this was her fault. She didn't need to apologize. All he could do was look away for that moment before she continued. It didn't take long for him to catch up to her after thinking over what should be done. He returned to her side and shared his plan. "Perhaps for the best it would be better for me to stay a bit behind once we reach the borders. It would be the best way for me to avoid causing you problems but I won't be able to keep an ambush from happening if it does. If things go bad run to me so I can help you. I won't be far behind, just far enough to where they don't see me." In his voice there was actually a bit of a worried tone. He didn't like the idea of letting her go ahead but it was the best way for him to stay out of trouble. Together they already escaped the jaws of death once. As long as the odds are not against him he should be able to keep her save even if he was behind. Just what was the chances of something deadly to come by again?
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
She didn't care for his suggestion, but felt that it may be for the better. "I would rather you remain by my side," Rain admitted. "But maybe from a distance you could also watch for incoming attacks and warn me?" That was something she thought he would appreciate. Nishu was there to protect her, so he needed some way of doing so. "The packs may think it strange of you to be a ways from me, but you could stay within eye sight." She wagged her tail, believing that it was a good idea. "Or even if you hid your presence and just kept a watchful eye close by." 

She nodded her head forward saying, "
Speaking of, we are almost to the boarders. What do you want to do, Nishu? I'll leave it up to you."
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Strange, now that he thought about it he's been acting based on his own decisions more than he should. Always trying to do what he believed was the right move. Rain never really gave him orders, they were always suggestions or something she would prefer. It kind of made him wonder did she really trust him that much or did she forget that she could just order him to do whatever she wanted? Nishu was much more than a bodyguard. He would follow any of her orders to help her as much as he can. 

"Leaving the choice to me is fine but I have to remind you of something." He said as he walked ahead of her to stop her for a moment. Then he bowed down in front of her respectful. He was likely so worried about her that he forgot his own place, his real duty so to set things back on track. "I'm your Knight. I'm always ready to follow your command which ever that may be. I'm responsible for your life but you are responsible for my actions. Forgive me for forgeting my own role. A Knight should be much more than a bodyguard. So please command me as if I am part of you. Together we should be a single unit. Honestly I should be doing as you wish, not as I please." He said as knightly as possible. This was his real mistake, he should have followed Rain actions back at Silvertip. Being worried surely made him forget what he was really suppose to do.

"If having me at your side is your wish then I shall remain at your side and follow your lead." He said as he rose he head up to look at her in the eyes. Yes those blues eyes were still pretty to look at. He'll protect Rain but this time by acting as part if her instead of as her guard. That is his true role.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain wasn't sure how to respond to all that. To give him commands, to be as one unit, and for him to do as she pleases? Those were the trademarks of an Alpha or Beta not a Gamma. She had been a beta, but that was a long time ago. She flicked an ear as she thought about what he had said. To be able to be given the chance at the position of Beta was something that she wanted and even to be an Alpha. Then she could make up for her past. But she hadn't earned those positions yet and found it hard to bring herself to give commands to Nishu. That was probably why she always voiced her thoughts, but then gave him the choice of what he wanted to do. 

She frowned, her head lowered as she gazed at the ground while lost in thought. In order to rise up the ranks in the Sunspire she would have to gain the mentality of a leader. So then, perhaps Nishu could be the start. Bringing her head up high, Rain raised her tail slightly and said, "
All right then. I want you to stand beside me, but do not look any wolves we meet in the eye, and do not cross their boarders. That is a command.

Trotting up to the boarders of Stravenger Bay, Rain howled. She desperately hoped that they had a healer with whom she could speak with. They had been to two packs now and still have not gained any healing information. Her ears swiveled back. She was desperate to obtain her third trade. The Sunspire needed her to.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle heard the howl, and despite that she would rather be searching for her lost son, or filling the caches. The simple fact was someone was calling for a healer, her first love and one that had yet to abandon her. So with simple minced steps, and head held high she approached the border. She stood looking at the two wolves that were traveling at the way they looked and she waited for a moment. Not overly anxious to break the silence, but finally break it she did.

You called? How can I help you? Then she stood still and she just stared at the two there. She did shift her weight to be more comfortable, but she found she did not wish to waste anymore words. She was tired of speaking, she simply wanted silence in her life for the most part. Blessed silence so she could think on how much of a failure of a mother she was, of everything except a queen. How terrible was that?
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Nishu grin as he nodded that he understood her command. Of course this was a change compared to how she was with him before. Listening to commands instead of making his own decisions reduces the risk of hesitation. In a way it relieved him of some responsability, allowing him to focus more on the given task. To not have to worry about making the choice did put him more at ease. Nishu was a Knight trained to follow commands, giving them would only be temporary. In fact with all the knowledge he was taught he is compable of taking the role of an Alpha himself. Although he prefers to be a Knight instead he'll continue to rise his head as high as an Alpha. Because those are the only ones he would consider as his equals. Basically saying if he see you as an equal then you are capable of being an Alpha.

Once Rain called the nearby pack he positioned himself at her side. He stood there keeping his stance high and strong. Soon afterwards the call was answered. A wolf approached and although he avoided making any sort of eye contact he could see that the wolf wasn't the largest he'd seen. She was a small brown wolf but that's all the information he could collect by looking indirectly. He kept his eyes ahead but never looked down or at the wolf who came. Even if the tiny female happen to walk in front of him he would just turn his eyes to the side. From this point on he was going to follow Rain's lead. What ever action she does in respect he will copy but without saying a word unless necessary.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
They didn't have to wait long before a wolf answered Rain's call. "I'm here as the Outrider for the Sunspire seeking news from the other packs of the Wilds," she began. "I am also looking for training as a healer if the one in this pack is willing to share some of their knowledge with me." She didn't allow the failure of the last two packs to cripple her hope of finding a healer in this one. At some point they would have to run into a healer.

A gentle smile touched her lips as she flicked an ear at Nishu. He had positioned himself by her side like she had commanded him to do. She expected that he was also avoiding any eye contact. Her own gaze was focused just to the right of the female's in front of her. Rain wanted to avoid offending this pack as much as she could.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle's ear's twitched and she softened her stance a bit. They were just looking for a healer. How long had it been since she had even practiced her art? It had been months now, there had been nothing that she had needed it for. Her stores were simply sitting in the ground and in the walls, taking up space. She tilted her head and eased her tail down a bit. I am a healer as well as a queen. What is it that you want to know? 

Thistle settled to her haunches curling her tail around her paws, and she waited for the questions that would come. For a moment she thought longingly of Julooke and his constant questions. She missed her just as much as she missed her husband. It hurt to think on them too much.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
The Atmosphere here seem calm. Even if he wanted to believe something bad might head their way, the signs say that nothing hostile was here. This little meeting was much easier to bare with compared to the other pack they visited. Was it because he had less to worry about or was it simply because the female before him was much less demanding. Either way he was able to relax his guard but he was paying close attentions to the sounds surround him. He is there to follow Rain's command and keep her protected while they try to find clues on the main objective.

For now he was just a guard tower. He wasn't going to say anything unless he felt he had to. He'll let Rain do the thing she does and support her all the way. It's seems like the leader also had skills in healing. Would that mean Rain and him would stick around longer? Well which ever the case He'll make sure that Rain stays safe by staying at her side. This time he'll do his best to not make a bad move. As long as he sticks close he was under her responibility. Her choices will determine most of his actions. Meanwhile her life will be protected by his.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain's tail wagged in earnest as the wolf voiced what she was desperately wanting to find. "You are a healer then?" She flicked an ear towards Nishu as if to say 'finally'. "I need as much information on healing as you can provide. I have no experience in the trade, so I would say that anything you could offer would be helpful." Rain kept her ears perked forward, ready to absorb what this wolf may say in response. She was overly excited, thinking that it would have taken them much longer to find someone who was willing to help. In her excitement, she forgot about her other objective here for just a moment. After she collected healer information then she would ask about this wolf's pack as well as provide a proper introduction.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle studied the male near the she wolf. Wondering if they were more than friends, because he was acting strangely, no male was that meek or quiet, at least none that she had met. She wondered at it, but didn't say anything she studied them both quietly. I can't give you everything you need to know in mere minutes i'm afraid, it takes years to perfect such a trade, years. I am three years old and still learning and I have been studying this trade since I was no bigger than a minute. Hmmm...for starters you can bind wounds with cobwebs to stop bleeding. Broken limbs with seaweed, but it has to be moist and once it dries it will break apart, so that will be needed changed often. You can also use willow branches for binding. Salt water can clean wounds but it burns like nothing you've ever felt and if you drink it you will become sick and dehydrated and die. What is it that you want ot learn the most about? SIckeness? WOunds from sparring or fighting? Puppy bearing? What?

Thistle waited silently, if the she wolf truly wanted to know as much as she could, she would need to stay among them or at least come back often to learn. If she wanted just the basics Thistle could do that, but her knowledge would then be lacking. Thistle frowned in thought, what made a girl who had never followed this trade suddenly want to do so and should she be worried about it?
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Seem the female before him was exactly what Rain wanted, Sort of. He barely noticed Rain's look and gave her a small grin saying 'good' in response. The healer wasn't an expert but she did have some knowledge about healing and such. It reminded him when his healing teacher tried to teach him. Every time Nishu would lose interest so quickly that just listening would put him to sleep. Listening to the healing speak he had a very faint idea of what she was talking about but it's not enough for him to be able to say he would know what he is doing. Sure healing is something useful but no matter how he tries to learn it, it puts him to sleep.

Suddenly he became sleepy. He decided to close his eyes and just listen for now. There wasn't any signs of danger for now so it should be fine to just remain there as a tower. If Rain and the female both continue speaking in a soft calm tone he would fall asleep in place. Like a guard sleeping on duty but he makes it less obvious by continuing to sit up straight like he always have. The only difference was that his eyes would be closed. A suddenly change in tone or sound would wake him back up.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
As the healer gave bits of advice, Rain tried to memorize it. There wasn't seaweed or saltwater close enough to the Sunspire for her to use so she would have to keep cobwebs and willow branches in mind. The Stravenger Bay member then asked for a more specific area of healing. Rain thought about what would be most common and said, "Wounds from sparring and fighting would be a good start. If you wouldn't mind if we stuck around outside the boarders for a few days, I would love to learn more than just wounds. Sickness is always something good to know, and I'm sure there is a lot to learn on that subject." Though she didn't know much, she could imagine wolves getting sick fairly often. Either from something small like a stomach ache from over eating, or something serious such as an infection from an untreated wound. Rain herself had dealt with several spars on her travels so information for treating such wounds would be more helpful for her than her pack. She wanted to make sure that she could heal her pack too. 

Wanting to know the friendly wolf's name she introduced herself and her charge. "
I'm Rain by the way, and this is my Knight, Nishu. I would love to know your name. You are a huge help and I greatly appreciate it. And please, if there's anything you want to know or anything you need then don't hesitate to ask, even after we leave you can always call us back." It was a large offer, and one that could bring their pack's to a strong alliance. But Rain wasn't just thinking of that either. She wanted to help this wolf for helping them.  
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I apologize for my absence I have a lot going on

Thistle stood still and didn't move. She tried not to overload the girl with knowledge, but healing was an extensive area. There was much to know and frankly you were always learning. Wounds from fighting and sparring hmm? And no I don't mind as long as you stay off of our borders and don't venture past them. I can meet you in neutral territory.

Thistle flicked her tail once, thinking hard about what could she say. What happened in fights, it had been so long. Abrasions, breaks, sprains. Okay You can use Black Cohosh or Osha for aches and pains the days after. It is a long white bulbous plant. And Osha is similar but it is round with white petals. To stop bleeding you can use Raspberries, Rose hips and Yarrow among other things. You can also use poppy seeds for pain, but they make the person ingesting them hallucinate. Raspberries are red or black berries large and seedy. Rose hips are a purple flower, and yarrow is yellow or white."
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Kinda forgot about this one, lets have it faded out so we can say the thread is completed. Unless Rain and Thistle Cloud wish to continue lessons.

Nishu nodded when introduced. He managed to stay awake until the point where the Alpha started talking about herbs and remedies. He did try to listen but for some reason he couldn't do it. He know this sort of information was useful but some where in his genes force him to sleep when put under that kind of knowledge. The area was assumed safe and there wasn't anything he could do right now but let Rain do her thing.

So he dozed off but at this point he could easily be awakened
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain attempted to take in all the information, but Thistle Cloud had been right. It was a lot of information. Perhaps if they stayed, the friendly wolf would show her what all the plants looked like. She just hoped she could remember all this once they left. It wouldn't be too much of a hassle to come back if she needed to once they left the area, but Rain didn't want to bother the healer every time she forgot something. She would have to do her best to soak in the knowledge and hope when the need arises for her to use it, she would know what to do. "Aches and pains the day after require a bolbus white plant and a petally white plant... Osha and..." She struggled to remember the longer name. "Black Cohosh?" It was strange that a white plant would have the name 'black' in it. "Poppy seeds for initial pain or do you use them just for serious pain? And they make us hallucinate?" Rain wanted to try them just to see how they would make her see things. "Raspberries for bleeding would be easy to remember," she stated to herself. But the healer also mentioned two other plants. Something about rose and then a yellow plant... "And yarrow. Do I need to recognize all three?" She questioned, hoping that as long as she knew one or two then she would be okay.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened as the girl repeated back her words. She nodded her head as she continued to speak, the girl was a good listener that was good. This wouldn't be so hard, she would have liked to take a longer time to tell her. But the way was it rain? had talked she seemed in a hurry and didn't have much time. I find it is easy to remember black cohosh, because it is so different from it's name. I prefer to use poppy only for serious wounds. As hallucinations are paramount. If you do use it, use it sparingly and in small doses.

Thistle sighed and shook her head, No you don't need to remember all three, but some are stronger than others, and some nursing mothers can't have and others they can. But you should be alright with Yarrow.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
If it's okay @Nishu Inte since he is dozing, I'm going to skip him. Let me know otherwise

A sigh escaped her. There would be a lot to remember. All this information would be easier to obtain once she was able to put it into use. "Thank you, Thistle Cloud." Rain gave the healer a grateful smile. "We will leave you for today. I appreciate all the information that you have provided so far. We shall return again. I look forward to meeting with you." She bowed her head to the healer while brushing up against Nishu to wake him.

"
We are off," she told him. Thanking Thistle cloud once more, Rain waved good bye with her tail and trotted off. They would need to find somewhere to stay for the night.