Bearclaw Valley faded into the night
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will

Raziel had busied himself around the packlands ever since his recovery and the news that pups would soon arrive at Bearclaw Valley. He stocked up his supply of herbs, made sure there was plenty of all healing plants in his cache to be found near his home and hunted daily for the pack as well as patrolled the borders frequently, not only did he guard the main entrance to Bearclaw, he went up the pathway to patrol, ready to kick out any wolves lurking nearby.

Pups would soon arrive and the Roman would have no stranger near his home, no one that was not of the pack would know an inch of the Valley, not while he was here, not while he still lived and called the Valley his home. He would protect Bearclaw and all the inhabitants within with his life, his loyalty lay with the leaders of the pack as well as his packmates and would not change unless something terrible happened.

That morning, the Roman had risen early and was guarding the main entrance, ears thrust forward, leathery nostrils inhaling as he stood still. A large wall of gray fur, flesh, bone and blood blocking the way in.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
thank you!

Scarlett knew that Kove was on a mission somewhere, they both knew it would take some time but she hadn't expected him to drop his alpha position for it, and let her be alone for most of the time. Scarlett was a very independent girl, but she did like her cuddles. It didn't help that the unborn babies made her emotional. Sometimes at night when she was alone in their den she would cry a bit, and other nights she would just be happy and giggle because she was a mother. Being pregnant was nothing like she ever expected it to be. This morning when she woke, Kove still wasn't here. The pups would be here within a week or more. She could feel it, and she honestly wanted them out of her belly.

The light queen struggled to get herself out of the den. Her big belly in the way for everything! Scarlett was currently more belly than wolf, if she thought it was bad before now it was even worse. She couldn't even walk much further than the calm river running next to their den. She let out a loud puff as she sat down next to it. Her stomach growling loudly. She wondered if Raziel would have anything to eat for her. Normally he would bring some in the morning. She literally wouldn't be able to do this without Raziel. How did Kove expect her to eat with a belly this round?!
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Truth to be told, he was only half devoted to watching the main entrance, his thoughts were elsewhere no matter how many times he told himself to concentrate. Kove had vanished from the packlands sometime ago and with each day going, his scent became less and less prominent on Bearclaw Valley lands, then Scarlett told him that he had stepped down from the Alpha position, leaving his pregnant wife sole leader of the Valley which was rather funny in a darkly amusing way. Their sole leader was a she-wolf who, still to his standards, was too kind, was more belly than wolf, and had a million pups ready to burst out of her, tired too easily, couldn't patrol, was basically helpless until the pups began to grow.  

Raziel could not believe Kove could do such a thing, if they had any newcomers when the pups arrive, who in the name of Jupiter could accept the loners. Certainly not her, he would not allow it as an aspiring healer. And Kove was no longer Alpha. So what would happen? Would they lead the recruits into pack lands? No, that was unthinkable. Yesterday, when he brought food to the Albino, he had told her he would do anything for the pack and that if she needed help, she could always ask him, he also told her that the wisest option was to appoint a Beta. Another wolf who would take care of pack business while she was....unable to.

To him, there was no other solution.

Cursing under his breath, Raziel moved away from the entrance and picked up two rabbits and a squirrel before arriving at the river where Scarlett was and placing the prey by her paws.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett sat at the river listening to the peaceful sounds of the birds chirping. She did like the mornings. Suddenly all grew quiet and she wondered if there was any danger for her. She tensed her muscles for a moment but relaxed when she saw the huge figure of Arthur. He looked sleepy and clearly came for a drink. He didn't even seem to notice her at first. Yet then his nose probably picked up on her and he looked up. "Oh Miss Scarlett," he spoke surprised, his eyes falling to her belly. "Oh no little wolves," he grunted. "I mean-- Congratulations." Scarlett just chuckled. "Hi, Arthur. Thank you. I will make sure they aren't bothering you," she smiled. The bear just shook his head and then drank for a moment before bidding her goodbye.

Scarlett watched him leave and Raziel arrived. She was eager for the food. She instantly attacked the juiciest rabbit and started wolfing it down like she hadn't eaten in months. Once she finished the rabbit her red eyes fell on Raziel. "Good morning," she smiled to then feast on the next rabbit, having the squirrel for desert. Scarlett hunger finally being stilled. "I feel like a beast," she then chuckled. "Different that is for sure. Thank you Raziel. For taking care of me. Have you heard anything from Kove?" Always that same question. Scarlett held hope that he would actually be there by the birth of his children. "Do you think something happened to him?"
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
The Roman watched as the albino immediately attacked a rabbit, wolfing it down like she hadn't eaten for months, right after she'd finished it, she paused just to give him a small greeting before attacking the other rabbit and finishing off the squirrel. Next time, Raziel promised himself wryly , I'll bring down an elk or a deer and drag it over to Scarlett so she could finish the whole damn thing. The pups are going to be hella fat, he thought to himself with another mental smile at the image that formed in his head.

"Morning," he said with a brief smile, replying once she had finished all the food he had brought for her. The smile remained on his face as his friend chuckled, commenting that she felt like different and felt like a beast. When she thanked him though, he simply dipped his head respectfully and answered, "It was an honor," and it was, to be able to serve the white queen of Bearclaw Valley. The smile vanished, however, when she asked if he'd heard anything about Kove and if he thought anything had happened to him.

Everyday. The same question repeated over and over again. "No, I haven't," the warrior answered too curtly to be normal, angry that his efforts at caring for her, the work that her husband should've done but he had done instead, had gone ignored. Sure, Scarlett had thanked him, but really? He was fucking doing what Kove should be doing and apparently, a thank you should be able to suffice for his work, but if it was her damnable husband doing it, he bet she would be peppering him with kisses and doing a bunch of 'good' things with him.

"If he was the man you married, then he would be fine," Raziel replied in the same curt tone, his face emptied of expression.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett did noticed that Raziel was always there for here instead of Kove. She swallowed thickly as she glanced at the other male before her. They did have some sort of thing going on. She wondered briefly if she made the wrong choice. She never expected Kove to leave her alone for so long. Plus Raziel was doing all these types of things for her. It had to be rewarded in some way right? The light colored queen was still sitting, belly rounding on each side, it was clear she could deliver any moment, really. "Raziel. Because you are helping me out so greatly I was thinking or well wondering if you want to become the Beta of Bearclaw Valley," she then spoke. Kove didn't want to be an alpha anymore and Scarlett really needed the help especially while she was busy with her babies.

"I wanted to wait until you were our healer but you are already doing more Beta work each day now I can't do it, and well, I think we should make it official," she smiled. That reminded her! She remembered having an exchange with Meldresi's babies. "Oh and we will have visitors from BFW. Meldresi's young will be here. Soonish. You can't eat them!," Scarlett added. "We will also need some new members, so don't be to harsh on the wolves entering our outskirts, yes?" Scarlett just talked over the fact that Kove still hadn't returned or made himself known. Scarlett had to grow up. The perfect mate clearly didn't exist and she would need to be more dominant if she wanted to be an alpha. Now she was the only alpha. If only her father could see her now, her whole old pack.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
When he had first known about Scarlett and Kove's relationship, he had thought that they were a perfect match, a true couple the gods had blessed. But now, he saw that that was simply not the case. Kove was an absolutely terrible husband to the albino, leaving when he'd known she was pregnant and leaving the pack and the babies in his wife and his paws. Irresponsible piece of shit. Kove would have to redeem himself in Raziel eyes when he came back, if he ever came back. He was unworthy of Scarlett. 

He could not deny that he wished to take Scarlett as his wife with Kove absent for so long, surely he'd earned the right, caring for her in her pregnancy, caring for the pack. He'd done so much for the Valley and Kove...Kove had done nothing but establish the pack as a leader and then abandon them when their numbers were low. The Roman did not care for any excuses the white former king had, he had abandoned a packmate when she needed him most, no words could redeem himself, only worthy deeds. 

He should never have left the Wilds in first place, if he hadn't, Scarlett would be his wife, his mate instead of the Inuit and she would be happily pregnant with his kids in a place teeming with loyal wolves where they would lead together. It could still happen. And Raziel held on to that hope, however small it was.

The Roman watched as she sat up and spoke, saying that because he had been helping her out and so she was wondering if he would become the Beta of the Valley. She continued, saying she wished to wait until he was the Valley's official healer but since he was doing more Beta work with each passing day, she thought she would make it official. Scarlett finished off by saying they would have visitors from Blackfeather Woods and that this 'Meldresi''s children would be her soon and he couldn't eat them. The stuff about not being hard on wolves entering the outskirts nearly drew a scoff from the hardened Roman, but he withheld it.

It was no doubt Scarlett thought this rise to Beta was a gift, an honor, and truth to be told, it was and Raziel was honored to have it. But he felt as if she was giving this to him to shut his mouth, felt like she was saying 'go do your work, Kove will come and take care of me, I don't need you,.' Of course that wasn't what she meant, he knew that, it was just the jealousy inside him talking. 

Bowing, Raziel accepted his position, "I will be honored, my queen," he said. "Who is this Meldresi and what is this Blackfeather Woods pack?" 
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was, like always, was utterly oblivious to Raziel's inner turmoil. Raziel told her they would be more like brother and sister so she believed that his nature to watch over her was just brotherly. The jealously towards Kove wasn't something that she even considered. Her light colored fur shone in the light that came through the canopy. "My Queen? Please Raz," she snorted and then chuckled in amusement. "Although it sounds nice..," she then admitted shyly. Scarlett let out a soft grunt in shock when the pups started moving, deciding that they wanted more room or something. Scarlett wasn't able to offer much room anymore.

"Meldresi is one of my best friends. She is known as the dark queen of Black Feather. But I always found her very pleasant and polite. She had three young, Damien, Potema and Cicero. They will stay with us for a month so they see how another pack works and what kind of values it has,' She explained. "It was Kove who started the relationship between BCV and BFW but, I must say I like the alliance. I was thinking of maybe contributing to their Dark Brother Hood, even though I should study what their brotherhood is all about, I'd like the idea of a botherhood. This pup exchange is one of the first steps in creating a longer lasting bond between out pack through the generations," Scarlett spoke. It was also the idea that her young would go to Black Feather, once they were old enough.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
If only Scarlett could see that Kove was not the right man for her. Raziel used to think he was, but with the Inuit leaving for so long...he started to think that the pair of them were no meant to be together. No true and good husband would leave their expecting wife for so long, there could be no excuses. Even if he had to go visit....say his family...it was still inexcusable. She was pregnant for goodness sake, and it wasn't like he was clueless, he knew and he still willingly left. Terrible, terrible crime. 

A small smile snuck onto the Roman's lips at her words, though other than that, he said nothing and his expression remained stoic.

Scarlett began explaining, saying that the leader of Blackfeather Woods was a dark queen named Meldresi and that she had three children — Raziel dismissed the part where the albino said she was very pleasant and polite, the albino was still too kind for her own good and the Roman didn't like the sound of this pack. — Meldresi's three children would stay with them for one fucking month and see how their pack worked. Scarlett also said she would like an alliance and that maybe they should contribute to this 'Dark Brotherhood'. Apparently, this pup exchange was one of the first steps to creating a lasting bond between the packs.

Raziel scoffed, he simply couldn't help himself. "I respect whatever decisions you make, Scarlett, but I find alliances to be of no use. They wouldn't want to fight our wars, nor would we want to risk wolves to fight theirs. But alright, if its an alliance you want, an alliance you'll get. But the sound of this pack and this 'Dark Brotherhood' doesn't sound right at all. You appointed me Beta, so I'll give you my thoughts and my advice." the Roman shifted his weight. "Say you really want to have an alliance, alright then, we'll have one even though I'll rather we have none. But contributing to this 'Dark Brotherhood'? Even the name doesn't sound good. I say we see what this 'brotherhood' does before we even begin thinking about contributing."

Raziel lowered himself so he sat on the ground. "You also said pup exchange. You want to willingly send your pups there?" That was an absolutely terrible idea. "How do you know if there aren't any 'maniacs' or sadistic wolves there? How do you know you can trust their pack? How did you come to know this Blackfeather Woods pack and Meldresi?" 
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett frowned when Raziel spoke against the alliance with Black Feather. Her ears fell to the side, not sure if she was doing a good job as a leader. She probably wasn't, she was more a pack animal rather than an actual leader. Beta she might pull off but Alpha was not something that came natural to her. She really needed to put effort in to act like an alpha. She didn't feel an alpha herself, which was probably her problem. Maybe it would change once she was a mother but now she wasn't. "I think they would help us," she spoke quietly against Raziel.

She listened to his words and then she cleared her throat, these words he was probably going to dislike. "Kove was in that pack before we got mated. He was also a Dark Brother," she pointed out. "They care for him like a brotherhood. And I am in their protection too! Because I am Kove's mate. I went there when you were close to dying. They treated me properly and Mr. Burke was really nice to me," she returned. "But Meldresi's daughter had something happened to their eye so Meldresi needed to be a healer for her..," she spoke, realizing how bad that might have sounded. "I trust them," she then added, which was also not meaning anything significant since Scarlett tend to trust easily.

Scarlett grew silent for a moment. Did she want her pups there. No... not really. She disliked how dark it was. "Ehm. Well. They can go if they want to. It isn't mandatory."
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Raziel was truthfully, strictly against making any alliances whatsoever, especially with one that they knew almost nothing of. As Beta of the pack, he felt as if he should tell Scarlett not to do it, or at least wait until they knew how this pack was, saw how it functioned and worked with their own eyes. Otherwise, as far as he was concerned, it was too dangerous, too risky. If the Albino wished to take his advice, then, well, good for her and the pack, if she didn't, well, he would have to do his best to keep order and prevent chaos from ultimately taking over. "You think, but you do not know," he said, almost exasperatedly.  "And anyways, would you risk the life of your subordinates to help fight another pack's wars?"

So her dearest husband Kove was the core of it all, apparently he had been a 'Dark Brother' before he became the Alpha of Bearclaw Valley, that they care for him like a brotherhood and that she was in their protection too. At those words, he scoffed once more, "If Kove is a good man, he won't need his 'brothers' to protect you for him, he would protect you yourself, show that he is strong and worthy of you," so Kove was even more pathetic than he thought. "I lived without their help, and we can all live without their help too," Raziel commented calmly. He almost smiled at her next sentence, god, was she still so gullible and naive. "Yes, of course you trust them Scarlett," the Roman said sarcastically.

"And how will we explain that to this 'Meldresi'? You have to think of the pack as a whole as a leader, not only you and your husband. The world is big and in every wolf, there is evil, no matter what," Raziel wanted to let her know, make her understand. But in the end, he simply sighed. "I'm sorry for being so harsh, but I really just want to help you," hell, all he had been doing was help her while her husband just vanished, went poof into thin air.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
You can wrap it up & Archive ! :3

Scarlett frowned when Raziel was being so mean to her. She knew she wasn't that great of a leader but she was coping with her new role. There were some aspects she didn't think of, no. But on the other hand there was great security in an alliance too. She would do this together with Kove and he had been gone for a very long time. Tears form in her red colored eyes. A sniffle came from her, which probably also had to do with her hormones. She felt scolded like a kid. Scarlett pulled herself up in a sitting position. She sniffled several times but the tears kept rolling over her cheeks. "I know I am not the best alpha, okay? Which is why I want you to be beta and tell me these things," she spoke quietly.

"The pups will come and visit, if you like it or not. I think it would be nice, also for our members to see the different cultures. They are just teenagers what harm will they cause?," Scarlett spoke, if only Scarlett knew the three youngsters better. "I think I will go rest now. You made it clear enough that I need you as my Beta. So thank you for accepting the role. I might even step down as an alpha in the near future because I am basically too fat and hormonal to even properly function on my own," she ended in a mutter, her tears seemed to have stopped flowing. With some trouble Scarlett pushed herself to her feet. She had a lot to think about. What Raziel said was the very honest truth and she wasn't sure if she wanted her members to fight for BFW. Scarlett waddled off at a very slow pace back to the alpha den.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Couldn't she see he was the one who was here for her, not that godforsaken Kove. Why couldn't she open her damned eyes and see, see that he wasn't here, that he was not leader. She was a leader by herself, she couldn't just break down and cry. Leaders don't cry, even if they're pregnant and full of hormones. Why did she choose to be an Alpha Female if all she did was cry when he was telling her the damned truth. Being loyal did not mean sugarcoating everything, being loyal meant he had to say the hard truth for the good of the pack. That was all he had been doing, plus all the husband duties that was supposed to be Kove's job.

"I'm telling you these things, you're just not listening," he said with barely concealed exasperation. Well, she might be listening, but she wasn't taking the thoughts to her head, she was still thinking of herself, of her friends. She just wanted to please others like she always had. Apparently Kove had done nothing to open her eyes to the hard truth, some husband he was. "Teenagers cause the most harm, Scarlett, because they're too bold and brazen, they don't know what's out in the world," he almost snarled out of sheer frustration but restrained himself.

Raziel stared at her retreating form and cursed to himself, angrily stalking away.