Blackfeather Woods [M] When a fire starts to Burn..
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Dun dun dunnnn @Grimnir. For the sake of his thread don't let him respond to Burke's call while being with Lusa because then this thread will be rather useless. xD

After his talk with Lusa Burke was determined to find the brown wolf that called himself Lusa's Mate. He had no right for the title if he wasn't going to care for the pregnant female. Burke couldn't deny that he in his younger years hadn't looked after the females he impregnated. The main difference was that he was never mated to them. Grimnir declared his love for Lusa and mated the damn girl then he shouldn't have her carry the babies all alone. Plus Burke wasn't very keen on becoming a surrogate father for Grimnir's young, he would do it if he would leave Lusa for the sake of his packmate. 

Burke howled for the male. It was demanding and urgent. Burke was the alpha now and he wanted to make that known to Grimnir. He also trailed the other male's scent. Burke had to keep in mind that Lusa had been away. Had they been fighting? Lusa assured she wanted these babies. And he promised her that he would go find her mate for her. So he would. He would tell Grim that his mate had returned and he should go see her and her bulging belly full pups. Plus Burke still wanted to know about the whole ordeal with Potema. Yes, a meeting with Grimnir was much needed.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Golden amber eyes tracked movement along the edge of the pack territory. Grim kept still beneath the shadows of a low hanging branch. Was it an intruder? If it was, he would rip into the trespasser with no questions asked. He won't tolerate any wolves outside of Blackfeather tromping on his territory. Lips lifted in a silent snarl. He couldn't catch any scent. The wind was blowing that knowledge away from him. As the thing in question pushed through the bush in front of him, Grim tensed to lunge. But then a howl broke the silence. The leaves of the bush shuttered as the trespasser fled. He snarled, lunging forward in chase. As he ran across the boarder, he saw that the intruder had been nothing more than a rabbit. Grim growled at it in frustration before turning back into Blackfeather to answer Burke's urgent call.

What did that brute want? The last time he saw the male had been before his brutal attack on Potema. Eyes narrowed. He could guess that the attack was probably going to be the topic of the conversation then. Or maybe Burke was going to attack him?  Had the brute somehow gained information that Grim had done the dirty deed? He did not trust the over sized male. Though the only one with such information on the attack would be his beloved. He trusted her not to have said anything though. Lusa was loyal to him as he was to her. So then, what was Burke going to do?

Grim took a faded path through the woods, heading in the general direction of the howl. He was tense, hairs lifted along his spine. If it was a fight that Burke wanted, then he would fight back. But they both know who would win. Even though the brute was old, he was a lot bigger than Grim. Hopefully things wouldn't come to that. He stepped around a tree to find the male waiting for him.  "
Burke," he greeted with an unpleasant tone. Grim kept on his paws, ready to dodge if the male attacked. "What is it?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke stood, waiting for Grimnir to respond to his howl. It was something that he expected the other male to respond to. He didn't need to wait long. The scavenge of a packmate soon appeared before Burke. It was true that the two males never liked each other much. Burke was bigger and it seemed that his size intimidated the other a bit. It had always been the case even then Grim was higher in rank than him. Burke had climbed the ladder instead of grimnir. Burke's posture was of that from a higher ranked wolf. The large grey tank let his pale blue eyes fall on Grimnir. He could clearly see how tense the male was. "Why so tense? Got something to hide?," he asked instantly since Grimnir greeted so unpleasantly.

"Your mate has returned. I found Lusa by the borders heavily pregnant. She is resting in my old den and I made sure she got some food into her body before she went to sleep," he explained with a grunt in his tone. He disliked the male heavily but that didn't mean he would make Lusa pay for her poor decision in choosing a mate. It did kind of amuse him that Lusa was resting in his old den, although he hadn't used it for a long time it might bother the other male. "I don't know what your deal is but she is your mate," Burke started. "I promised her to talk to you from Male to Male. You need to get your shit together Grim. You are going to be a father and you better help Lusa through this. She is at the point of not being able to hunt so you will need to do that for her. If you don't care for her you shouldn't have mated the damn girl," he spoke with a light huff.

He didn't trust Grimnir, and if he wouldn't step up being a father Burke's decision would be made really quickly. He was sure the brown male had something to do with what happened to Potema and if he didn't got the heart to care for his mate then Burke would make and end to it. Black Feather would care for Lusa and her young but that would be another offense. Burke wanted to see a change in Grimnir. "If you don't know what to do as a mate or as a father you can come to me... I can advise you if you are clueless. Even though it might hurt your pride it would surely give some benefit to your relationship with Lusa. It seems she isn't entirely sure anymore if you like her since she hasn't seen you around....," Burke let out with a bit of a softer tone. "I just came here to tell you that as your alpha."
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
When the brute questioned why he was tense, Grim gave no reaction. He just listened as Burke continued on to tell him about Lusa. Grim knew Lusa was pregnant. He had just seen her the day before.  He had given his word not to leave her again. Grim acted excited; his tail wagging furiously. Burke didn't need to know that he had already seen Lusa. He really wanted to keep his news of arrival as quite as he could for as long as he could in an attempt to avoid trouble with the pack. The knowledge that Burke had offered his den to her still aggravated him. Why was this brute taking care of his lover? The conversation began to worsen as the male then began to insult him. Telling him that he needed to get his shit together and and help Lusa. That if he didn't care about her then he shouldn't have mated with her.

Head lowering, he bared his teeth. A low growl vibrated in his chest. If he had known about this, he would have stayed with her instead of avoiding the pack. The hairs along his spine were more obvious in his anger. Ears laid back agains this head. He tried to speak, but Burke continued on to insult him more. Telling him that if he needed mate or fatherly advice Grim could come to him. Why the hell would he do that? He didn't need anyone's advice. Though he may have been a first time mate and father, that did not mean his instincts did not guide him. He knew what he had to do and did not need this ass kisser's help. Why would he want to help Grim anyway? It wasn't like they were friendly. Burke gave the answer by stating that he called Grim to tell him all this as the Alpha. 

That really infuriated Grim. How had this brute managed to snag the position? Where was Meldresi? "
I know what I need to do." His voice was rough from the snarl that he spat at Burke. "I had been avoiding the pack for Lusa's safety. She had been attacked by one of them already. I felt it was my fault and went into hiding. Can you call me a bad mate for disappearing because of that? I needed to feel she was safe before I came back." He couldn't exactly say that it was his fault his love was attacked. That would lead to questions about why. It would chance revealing what he had done to the white abomination. "And what about Meldresi? Did you kiss her ass so much that she finally gave the position to you? I can imagine that you two are mates now as well?" And this was another reason why he had avoided the pack. He just couldn't keep his jaw shut. "Or did you turn on her and finish her off so you could be Alpha?" He had actually considered it a plan once. "I think I would actually respect you a little bit if you had done that." He really was stepping all over lines today wasn't he? Grim decided to snap his jaw together to stop the flow of insults. Not that the brute didn't deserve it after insulting him. He lowered his eyes and his body in a form of submission. Hoping his idiocy wouldn't get him killed. Lusa needed him. He had to be smarter than this. But this was who he was. It was difficult for him to be submissive to anyone. Though he was more willing to listen to Meldresi than Burke.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was mildly surprised that he saw Grimnir perplexed that he was a father like he didn't know that Lusa was pregnant. Soon that tail stopped wagging and snarls returned. He liked the other Grimnir better. Burke kept his calm expression when the other wolf growled and snarled. The alpha frowned even more. Lusa attacked? By who? Did Black Feather have enemies? Did Grimnir hate him so much, for an unknown reason to Burke, that he wouldn't even come and tell that Lusa was attacked? The alpha male looked displeased. He also grew really tired of Grimnir hating him. Surely Burke wasn't very fond of the male either but that was just because he was always so disrespectful and rude to him. Plus the male had threatened his stepdaughter Potema so that was also something that made him dislike the male even more. Burke couldn't phantom what made Grimnir hate him so much to keep opening disrespect him and his family.

Burke growled when he went too far. He should have evicted him before. He should be merciless and chase the male out knowing that he had young but wouldn't be able to see them. But he knew if he chased Grimnir out, Lusa would probably blindly follow him. You would think an expecting mother would know better, guess love did that to wolves. Burke had experienced it too. Plus Grimnir had been a member for a long time and Meldresi might not like it if he would chase the male out. Though, if the male would go too far again Burke would lose its patience and kill him on the spot. He ground his teeth. One more chance, one more chance, he thought. It went against all his morals but he would do it for the sake of his Dark Queen. He watched how the male's posture changed. Like he knew he went too far. Yes, he did. Burke wished he could make the male understand that he had just been here to help, grudgingly, but he was here to help the couple. The tank of a male stepped closer, head and docked tail high in dominance. "Disrespect me or Meldresi one more time and I will kill you. I've been in the upper ranks for close to three moons. I don't know why you hate me so much but you are going to suck it up that I am your alpha or leave," Burke hissed.

"I'm here to offer you my help! There is no shame or insult meant by it. I am your alpha, before your beta and I am a counselor. I am here for advise and peace of the pack. I don't know why you see me as this evil being but if I truly hated you I would have ripped your young out of Lusa's belly. No, instead I fed her and offered her an empty den to rest in. I even offered her to talk some sense in to you and to tell you straight to your face that Lusa was afraid that you didn't like her. I wouldn't have said that if I didn't want to see you happy with this girl or start a family with her," Burke let out, offended now. "You don't talk shit about me. I don't accept it. I am the alpha. I worked hard for it. I am the one that keeps this pack running and if you don't like how I run it then please get out of my fur and just be gone with it! You go away into 'hiding' you say but the pack could have been here for you. We would. You are a member of Black Feather. You get that protection too, Grim. I care for my packmates, and frankly you are once of them. But don't make me out for weak or say that you MIGHT respect me after I would supposedly have killed Meldresi... What is fucking wrong with you----" Burke paused and looked at Grimnir, his pale blue eyes drilling into him. "Okay, c'mon. I will give you a free pass. We are going to talk this out so we can just act as normal pack wolves towards each other. I am not saying we should be friends but at least have a normal interaction. Why do you hate me? Why talk to my like this? You can be honest. I want this tension gone."

Maybe once the two talked out the basis of their problems this whole tension between could finally vanish and they could just coexist.
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
A lot dropped from the brute's mouth.  The first response of a threat setting Grim on edge. He wanted to lunge at the brute. Tear into the male who called himself alpha. Rip him to shreds. But he held back. His legs were shaking with the need to fight. But he would lose Lusa. It was frustrating fighting the battle within himself. One part demanding the blood of the wolf who was insulting him, the other telling him he couldn't lose his mate. Grim struggled, balancing on the line between the two. But the choice was obvious. It always was. He fell onto the side of his mate. Sitting, he looked away from Burke as the male continued to speak. His ears still flattened against his skull.

When the so called 'alpha' again told him that he was offering help, Grim still felt that he needed no help with Lusa and his pups. Though he might have slacked in some areas, he wouldn't anymore. Burke didn't know to what extent Grim would go to just to protect Lusa. But how could the abnormally large male understand that? Grim hadn't shown how deep his love went. He had disappeared. He had a lot to make up for now. Eventually they would all understand. It hurt to hear that Lusa may have doubted his love for her as well. He lost some of his anger with that. It was much more painful to hear that his own mate doubted him than the pack. What did they matter in that situation? His relationship with Lusa was between them, no one else. He lifted his lips in a silent snarl against Burke. 

Once the words stopped, he turned to look back at Burke. Pain, hate, anger, and frustration colored his posture. It showed in the hunch of his shoulders. In the way he lowered his head. It flamed in his gaze and it shook his frame. Grim snapped his jaws together. "
Could you understand? There are two voices; two sides. One to telling me to destroy everything in my path and the other mocking me with words that reek of morality." His head lowered even more, eyes narrowing. "Sometimes things are better left in the dark. Forgotten until they speak." A smile dripping with insanity pulled the darkest part of him out for Burke to witness. "Do you really want to know that part of me, Burke?" He could feel the darkness uncoiling now. It had been a while since he felt the evil. Show him, the voices whispered. Blood, they demanded. Grim's expression darkened, the psychotic grin flipping into a scowl of pure hatred. He shook his head to clear it. He was changed now. The voices couldn't control him anymore. "I'll tell you who I am. What I hide. The battle I have been fighting. Then you'll understand." But Grim didn't care to tell Burke any of it. In fact he never wanted to voice what was inside. Not even to Lusa. "So do you care to hear the how and why?" He didn't believe Burke cared at all. Grim didn't want him to. He didn't matter. Only Lusa did.. The brute said it was because Grim was part of the pack, but why was that a reason?  Either way it made no difference to Grim.  But if this would help his mate, then he would give what Burke wanted. An answer.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Lets have these two a bonding moment for once? :P

Burke didn't know about Grimnir and his different voiced in his head. How the male was reacting was obvious that there was something wrong with him. There had been something bothering him. Burke tried to show a bit of compassion but most of all calm ad assertiveness. "I'm willing to try and understand it," Burke spoke to the male in question. "I want to." Burke did cared for his packmates and if he understood how Grimnir worked it might explain his reactions more. Maybe then the alpha male wouldn't be offended by the other's reaction.

"I know that sometimes it is good to talk to someone about your problems," Burke returned, his inner counselor coming out a bit. Burke then nodded. "I do want to know, Grim. I want to understand and I want to be there for you. I am not your alpha to rule over you, or tell you what to do. I want to help you. You still look offended by my help but you have come to Black Feather Woods we are a pack. We live together," Burke returned with a calm expression. "If the dark side is too much, then you can come to me. Maybe we can run it out or spar together. Find a solution to make those voices calm down," Burke offered before Grimnir would explain to him.
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Edit by Burke; Slapped a Mature rating on this. Remember for next time ;)

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Gore explanation of Grimnir's Kills

Talk about his problems? He growled. That really pissed Grim off. It wasn't a problem that needed to be solved. It was who he was. Grim didn't need help. He held his tongue though, silently seething behind hardened amber eyes. The only good thing that came up was sparing. Burke would be able to handle Grim, even at his worst, but that didn't mean the brute wouldn't be left without savage wounds. He doubted the alpha really wanted to be severely injured. The idea excited Grim though. He would enjoy finally testing himself against the bear of a wolf. 

But Grim tossed all that aside. He would let Blackfeather know what they were housing within their pack. "
There were four of us," he started slowly. "Three brothers and one sister. Of course my siblings were normal, happy, playful pups as they grew. I watched them, silently. Listening to the voices in my mind describing in gory details of how to kill each one. They would show me too, in visions. I would watch myself pounce on the brother I hated most, rip the flesh from his throat, break the limbs of the other, and rip out the stomach of my sister. But I wouldn't harm them so much that they would instantly die. No. I enjoyed the agony each would scream.  My most hated brother was the best to hear. And to see the fear in their eyes!" Grim's own eye's widened with excitement, a grin slowly pulling at the edge of his lips. "And so much blood. It would pool around my little paws, feeding the evil in my heart."

A snort sounded from his nostrils. "
My mother and father didn't think much of my silence, of my lack of socialization. But the amber eyes of my uncle never left me. He suspected. It wasn't until one of my brothers disappeared that Bragi had voiced his worries to my parents. Then they all watched me. The eyes of my pack. How could they really believe that a four month old puppy could kill it's sibling though? Puppies weren't aggressive." A memory twisted his grin into a scowl. "I messed up with my other brother a month later. After suspicions had lowered, I had lured him away from the pack and into an abandoned cave. I told him that only the bravest pups would go in. Stupidly he believed me and trotted right into my trap. I blocked the entrance, death in my gaze as I stalked behind him, the voices pushing me forward. As he turned around to claim his victory I struck. My teeth sunk in beneath his jaw, clamping over the side of his neck. It wasn't a good hold. Instead of tearing out meat, I was only able to rip off a layer of fur and skin. I stumbled into him as he squealed. I fell and he escaped. The voices tore into my mind, demanding death."

Grim paused for a moment watching for Burke's reaction before continuing, "
Bragi came for me. He picked me up by the scruff and ran for what seemed like days away from our pack. I knew my brother had gone back to our parents and told, but I wasn't sure why my uncle had stolen me away. We lived as lone wolves. He taught me how to hunt, the voices taught me how to fight. And with the voices, I planned my uncles death. I had to wait till I was big enough to handle my uncle. But of course in the end his death wasn't how I had imagined. It was simple really. We were hunting a herd of moose one day and the idea just popped up in my mind. The voices urged me to follow through. I chased the moose straight to my uncle and they trampled him. I had walked up to the beaten and bloody body. Broken ribs had punctured through Bragi's light brown fur. Blood soaked every inch of him. His bottom jaw had been missing. His back twisted so his hind legs were on the other side. It was a gory sight and I had enjoyed the dark red scene. My only regret is that I will always wonder if my uncle knew that it was me who had killed him. I will never know for sure. I wish I had killed him myself rather than let the moose do it. His death would have been more satisfactory."

He gave no expression as he told Burke, "
It's still in me you know. That darkness. It is only a shadow behind my heart now, but it is there. Lurking. Waiting for it's chance. But the good voice speaks reason to me as well." Grim snarled. "It's a war inside my mind; in my heart. It pushes and pulls. I never have full control. I can't hold myself back from killing when the darkness takes over. Do you understand why I fight now? Who I am?" It was a lot to say and possibly a lot for the brute to take in. Grim didn't care what reaction Burke gave. And offering more help would only irritate Grim. He only told his story because he believed it would help him stay with Lusa -giving the 'alpha' what he wanted.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke listened carefully to the gruesome story that was Grimnir's history. He wondered how Meldresi could ever accepted such a wolf in their ranks. But than again, Grimnir had been loyal to Black feather woods. The story progressed, how Grimnir was trying to kill his siblings and how eventually he also killed his uncle. Is was basically a confession for him attacking Potema. His voiced probably told him to do so. But there was also some admiration in Burke that the male managed to fight the voices. He wasn't completely hopeless since the male was capable of love. Burke wondered how Lusa had managed for Grimnir to fall in love with her. The large tank of a male nodded courtly when Grimnir was done speaking. The councilor had an idea in his mind, and maybe it could work too. Maybe it would soothe these voices of his pack mate.

"I am going to make you a deal," he spoke. "I understand now you have a daily struggle with your mind. That these.. voices.. of you want to kill," Burke added. He got to his feet again, since he went to sit down while Grimnir kept on telling his story. His docked tail held high. "No pack member, new or long term, young or old, will ever suffer again because of your voices. If another pack member gets 'mysteriously' attacked/injured I will hold you accountable." Burke then raised his snout. "But I want to offer you an alternative/reward for not killing pack members. The Dark Brotherhood frequently gets assignments for wolves to be killed/injured. I can take you on as my apprentice. See how you are doing. Experiment if the voices go even more in the background because they are being sated with killing and torturing. You aren't a dark brother, yet, since I am not sure if I can fully trust you as a brother. I will give you three months. No killing or injuring within the pack. I will take you on missions and let you make the kills. If I see a change in your behavior...." Which also meant seeing Burke as his leader. "...and see how well you do within the pack/with others, only then I will give you the red paw print that belongs to the brotherhood," Burke spoke. He was curious to see how the male would react.
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Replying on my phone so this may not come out right

A deal was offered. One that highly interested the dark male. Grim contemplated the offer only for a moment. Dark Brother. Slade had been one. He was the first one to inform Grim of it. Grim had wanted to test himself against such a foe. He had savagely attacked the black male in hopes to prove that he could defeat even an assassin. Meldresi intervened before Grim was able to do much though. That was when the Alpha then had banished him for a while. He growled a little at the unpleasant memory. Though as much as he had hated being banished, it had started his change and he was also grateful for it. Without the little push would he have his mate and his pups now?

"
I will not hesitate to attack those that threaten the life of my mate and my pups." Amber eyes shifted into the distance before returning to Burke. "If you can accept that then I will accept your offer." Would the brute consider that fair?  "I will restrain myself from harming the pack otherwise." To be able to staunch his blood lust excited him. The darkness inside quivered with greed. He wouldn't have to hold back. This was a great opportunity. But it wasn't worth it if he couldn't protect his mate and heirs without repercussions. They were above everything. Even the pack. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Thank you for this thread! <3 I loved it! Feel free to wrap it up on your side!

Burke looked over Grimnir, he wasn't sure if he growled because of the offer or something else. Later on Burke decided it was another thought, maybe a growl towards the voices in his head. Now he knew he wouldn't be too offended since Grim looked excited with his offer. "This pack won't be a threat to your mate and pups. Remember that. And anyone who does will get evicted or killed by myself," he spoke every world clearly because that also counted for Grimnir. They were a dark pack so they had to be united and working together not killing each other. Burke wondered how BFW managed without a counselor before. But luckily he had a bit of Dr. Phil inside of him to stabilize the pack at least.

"Then we have a deal. I will let you return to your mate," he spoke. Since he came here with the message that Lusa returned, the brown male was probably dying to see her again. Burke gave him a nod of goodbye, signaling that he was done talking to Grimnir. Burke went into another direction as he walked off. His mind was still on Grimnir, and how he would have pups would those voices be inherited by the pups or at least one of them? It worried Burke a bit, that was when he decided it might be best that he would give the pups a weekly training just to maintain a good bond with the young, for supervision mostly, and of course to give them the idea the alpha was there for them.

Burke Exits.
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Burke told him that any wolf who threatened his mate and pups would be evicted or killed by himself. Grim didn't care for it. If any trouble rose around his family, then he would take care of it personally. He didn't need anyone's help watching over Lusa and the pups. And since Burke didn't seem to know about Ohen attacking Lusa, Grim didn't have any trust that Burke would keep well on his words. 

After the brute ended the converstation by saying they had a deal, he walked away. Grim looked forward to this Dark Brotherhood, wondering when he would be able to get started. He would have enjoyed leaving right then, but it was all up to Burke when they would head out. When the brute's large form disappeared Grim made his way back to Lusa, his mind focused on the Brotherhood.