Hoshor Plains Khaleesi
160 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
@Vitihi set after the pack-meeting

Rakharo had yet to see what his new chosen Khaleesi had to offer to the pack, but he was aready sure that she would make a good fit. He knew that Lavakho and her had a close bond, forged during their childhood in Rhaesh Dahaan, but just like with many other things going on around him, he didn't know that his brother was jealous about his union with the female, only this time he didn't care.

The clouds in the sky provided enough relief from the burning sun above them, for which Rakharo was grateful. He knew that when summer decided to strike with full strength days like this one would be scarce. It was a good day, a peaceful one, and it was time to find his mate-to-be, to get to know her and to see if she was really up for the honor of being Khaleesi. She would have to prove that she would be able to control the females of the pack and to defend her place as queen.

The ground was dry under his paws, he walking on a bison wallowing spot, wary of the herd whichwas always close, and looking for the fiery female he had yet to marry.
18 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Following the heated pack meeting, Vitihi retreated to the herd's flank to find solace in the Rhoa's thundering footsteps. She sat, tail curled around her feet, and bathed in their sound and presence. Never did the maiden think she would find herself thrust in such a position – claimed by the Khal Rakharo as his Khaleesi – for her destiny had always seemed so certain. After many moons of studying with the elders of her tribe in Rhaesh Dahaan, and serving the Dosh Khaleen, Vitihi had always assumed she would fall into the role of spiritual guide for her people. Perhaps then she would have been claimed by a man of strong standing in the Khalas — maybe it would have been Lavahko. But a Khaleesi? The mother to her people? That dream had always felt lightyears away.

Vitihi bit her lip, imagining the wise words of her father. He would have been honored to see his daughter blessed with such an opportunity, she mused to herself. Though Zhavvi heavily objected the decision, Rakharo believed in her enough to name Nevakko’s daughter his bride. It should have been enough to reassure the nubile flower, but Vitihi couldn’t shake the feeling of uncertainty. All of a sudden, she felt as though she were a tenderfoot on new grounds.

As her thoughts trailed, the golden Khal suddenly appeared and crossed the dry earth. Her orange gaze studied him in a new light; for this would be the man with whom she would marry, amongst other things. The Khal had been in love once before, she knew… though Zhalia’s memory was fuzzy in Vitihi’s mind. What had happened to their family was a great tragedy, but the young woman couldn’t help but wonder how Rakharo felt. Zhavvi had more than a few words to say about it.

“Rakharo…” she said, standing to greet him, “Hash yer dothrae chek?" Her voice was soft as she probed with an easy question to better gauge his mood.
160 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
It wasn't out of remorse that the Khal's mood was running low, but out of uncertainty. He'd had to be severe with his daughter during the pack meeting not so long ago and he knew that things between him and Zhavvi had changed completely. He'd done so much for her. He'd crossed the rocky mountains for her. He'd come to this place, so far away from home, all of that for her, and she didn't see it.

The orange light from the sunset came down in thin rays through the cloud of dust that revolved around the Khal, making everything seem ethereal. This place seemed so magical at times, so pure that it felt more like home than Rhaesh Dahaan, even if they didn't know it as well.

Vitihi's voice wasn't a surprise to the Khal. He'd been expecting her to speak at any time, her scent growing stronger as she approached. "Anha davrae..." he said in a low and not very convincing voice as he turned to look at her bright face.

He wondered what she was thinking, how she'd taken the news of her selection as Khaleesi. It wasn't a common thing. Normally, he would have courted her during heat, chase out other males for her to see his strength, and he would earn her. This time he had just chosen her from the bunch and he felt guilty, maybe because of what Zhavvi had said.

Could he love Vitihi? Should he?

"What are you thinking?" he asked softly, looking at her in the eye, not as superior but as equal. She would take her place up with him soon and he needed her to want it.
18 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
The new Khaleesi watched her Khal with a careful eye. Though he stood strong and mighty before her, the maiden could detect a new fatigue brewing amongst his handsome face. He was at war with his daughter. The picture of Zhavvi struggling like a trapped snake beneath Rakharo’s hold was still vivid in her mind, as was the sentiment of her own inadequacy. Should she have taken up arms and confronted the irate yearling before her people? A Khaleesi was supposed to be deliberate and aggressive in times of need, but Vitihi doubted her own ability. It was quite possible she would have ended up in the dirt should she have decided to attempt putting the venomous yearling in her place.

Even though she was troubled, Rakharo’s softened face eased her worries. At first her orange gaze fluttered away, unaccustomed to this change. “My Khal, you have honored me,” she replied automatically with a robotic tone. A proper response. Yet, the maiden knew it wasn’t how Rakharo wished her to behave… or how she should behave. It was difficult for her, however, to be candid with the great ruler. The tides were turning all at once.

Slowly, her head turned back to him, thinking how to embrace this drastic new role. Though she had willed Zhavvi’s words to not become weapons, she still felt the sting of the girl’s claims. Rakharo had named her his bride for a reason. She fit the circumstance of the Khalasar’s dire situation. Vitihi had not earned this place as tradition had decreed… but was there any alternative?

She swallowed hard, feeling very small amongst the great Rhoa. “I have fear, Rakharo,” she told him, fiery gaze becoming lost in the golden waves of his pelt. “I fear of failing my people and fear dishonoring you,” she bit her lip, pale face lifting to better read his expression. “But I would carry the sun if you asked it of me,” she told him, “even if it burned all the fur off my back.” She shifted a bit closer to him with a coy turn of her shoulder and watch rays of sun catch his silhouette.
160 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Vitihi's fire-like pelt swiftly shifted with the wind. Her eyes, of the same flame color were big as the moon, and held a gleam of fear in them. He would have guessed it had she not told him, but it was to be expected. The situation in which she had been chosen as Rakharo's pair hadn't been traditionally normal, but the circumstances demanded it. He needed someone who could take the task of putting the thinning number of females within the pack in order, for he had accepted that he alone, couldn't get them to behave.

Rakharo had put his hopes on her, probably too quickly for her comfort, but he still knew that Nevakko had made a huge effect on her life, and she had spent time with the Dosh Khaleen in Kraza Dothar. She wouldn't fail. She couldn't.

"Do not fear," he said lowly as he took a step closer and licked her cheek, "I trust you with this task, I wouldn't have asked it of you if I didn't," he assured her. Vitihi was actually the only choice he'd had, but Rakharo was very grateful for his luck. Vitihi was smart just like she was beautiful. Born of Dotharan blood and studied in many fields just like her capable father. Maybe she wouldn't be the warrior Khaleesi that every Khal dreamed to have, but she was good in other ways.