Moonspear a crown of red, king humming bird
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
All Welcome 
AW <3 im down for a casual post order if all the sibs participate?

arcturus was still struggling with the newfound sensation that sight had brought him. while his eyes had fluttered open for the first time a few days ago, his vision was slow to arrive -- what was once blank and uninterrupted was now blurs of shapes, blots, blobs -- all swimming confusingly in his vision.

occasionally he would swerve as if drunk when a shadow or some shapeless form slid across his peripherals, but for the most part arcturus just wriggled on the floor, his lips occasionally smacking as he squealed loudly and without cause.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra, when not patrolling or with Lyra (having found out that Alya was, for the time, doing what she had always wished to), was bringing meat to her mother. She knew that at present the pups were small and useless and so her interest in them was scant. They were to be protected, and protect them she would, but interacting with them at this point hardly went beyond long, critical stares. There were two identical girls within the litter that Hydra was interested in, but the inky boy also earned her attention now and again. The silver one had thus far not even been noted by Hydra; she had heard there were four but had only ever caught a glimpse of three before she departed. 

This day, her mother needed to stretch her legs for a short while. Hydra had implied she had other things to do, but her mother had evidently not heard her. Hydra slipped inside and this time noted the inky boy, and saw his eyes were open and, much to her pleasure: Blue, she breathed, her tail stirring without her consent behind her. This moment, she had forgotten they changed color at all.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
LMAO hes going to be so sad when they turn yellow :(

he felt a brush of a breeze stipple his long guard hairs, and as he stirred a shadow crossed his vision. arcturus froze with a babble, his blurred eyes fixating on hydra though he knew not what his vision held besides blurred shapes and forms. all he was truly aware of was that his mother had gotten up. while his emotional attachment to amekaze was tenuous and only freshly forged, soon it would be a tether.

for now, he was simply cognizant her warmth was absent. he blinked once, milky gaze swimming as he looked from hydra's form to the ground. he took a few stumbling steps towards her, having wrongfully assumed she was his mother and had simply moved away.
send my soul away
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As he moved toward her, Hydra's head tilted left and right (not unlike a bird), her ears pricked and leaning ever forward. And then, after looking over her shoulder a moment to confirm her mother was not on the way back, she moved to lay alongside her new siblings. Her attention, though, was for the one who moseyed clumsily over to her. She squinted judgmentally at him, and peered at the other siblings. She nosed the two girls in a doting manner and then gazed at the silver boy before her attentions fell back to the boy who was, slowly, making headway toward her.

Hydra, a little cruelly, reached out a foreleg to push him further away from her. She knew nothing at all about kids (in fact, if anything, she detested them), but with the previous litter being a little disappointing she yearned for, well, more. Jarilo, the boy, was the only one Hydra felt anything for—but she had an affinity toward those of her complexion. It was her own little test, this gentle push. How was his determination? His resolve?

Nevermind the fact that he was hardly an age at all to know up from down.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
The mountain shifted, and Arcturus set back on his heels a moment, his milky eyes collecting the strange particles of vision -- the soft shadows, the stirring of light. 

Then, some unforeseen force came over him, a push that nearly toppled him with its strength. Instinctively the small child pushed back into it, attempting to climb the newfound rise that had bridged between him and his mistaken mother.
send my soul away
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was good she felt something in response. If she hadn't, her interest in him would have been lost for no other redeemable reason than this. It was simply one of those things, she thought to herself. When you knew, you knew. That feeling flared within her as she felt the whole of his insignificant weight press against her broad paw, and she felt pride as he sought to climb it. 

His siblings, in the meantime, seemed to be sleeping soundly. She withdrew her paw to permit him to come closer at last.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
a mountain would move, given reason enough -- arcturus felt the promontory he clambered upon shift abruptly, a landslide beyond his powers of comprehension. there was no rise underneath him anymore, no slope to be scaled -- instead, the obstacles in his path fell back not unlike the sea before moses, and arcturus blithely tumbled on.

he plodded towards his sister's chest, comforted by the warmth of her body. her scent was different from his mother's, and he breathed in deep, too ignorant to realize the error he had committed. content with his newfound lot in life, he issued a tiny yawn -- his tiny pink tongue curled neatly between a row of pearly milk teeth.
send my soul away
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He moseyed on toward her, and Hydra squinted down at his small body when he decided to rest against her chest. He was so small—Hydra tested his weight with a harmless little thrust of her muzzle against his little form, not in a manner that would poke him but in a manner that the broadside of her muzzle would press against his side. She exhaled a heavy breath thereafter, amused at her own antics as she planted a rough kiss atop his forehead.

Hydra heard the sound of her mothers approach and hoisted herself upward with only some regard to the little critters nearby. They were her siblings, and she cared for them as she cared for all of her family, but they were useless, boring little beans that were little more than amusing.

Still, she found herself looking back, her gaze lingering on the blue-eyed one that was dark of fur. Arcturus, she half-asked, and when she had her answer from her mother Hydra was on her way to confer with her sisters.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus settled deep into the crook of hydra's thin arm. already his eyelids grew heavy, his lashes drooping and his milky blue gaze fluttering.

his yawwn finished with a flourish and an unexpected upheaval as hydra rose: vulnerable and unprepared for such tumult arcturus tumbled with a surprised squeal into the ground.

he rose to his feet shakily and padded after the thin silhouette of his sister -- only to see she had left his company entirely. confused by the presumed abandonment of his falsely identified mother, arcturus pitifully turned to his siblings to assuage his inexplicable grief.
send my soul away