Kintla Flatlands I hear my home callin'
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine rarely stepped beyond the borders of the plateau, yet when a hare led him on a chase along its outskirts which eventually took him into the flatlands, he didn't hesitate to pursue it. Unfortunately, the rabbit disappeared into a hole and the swarthy male's pumping legs slowed and he came to a stop, panting. He licked his chops a few times, his dusky eyes scanning his surroundings. He sniffed the air, wondering if there was a warren here and whether there might still be a chance of bringing fresh rabbit meat home to his pregnant mate.

As soon as he caught his breath, the young Alpha dropped his head and began to comb the plains with his nose. Last season's long grass, dried and yellowed, tickled his ankles as he wandered further from the plateau in search of prey. Although he kept moving, Peregrine was far from oblivious to the distance opening between himself and his homeland. Every few moments, he paused and glanced backward, keeping an eye on the plateau and admiring it from a distance.

Finally, he stopped and decided to go no further. As he prepared to pivot and begin loping home, the setting sun caught his eye. He drew in a deep breath as his eyes roved over the sky tinged with streaks of burning orange. Peregrine's black tail twitched as he knew a moment of simple, wild happiness, then smilingly began trotting back in the direction of the plateau.
Messages In This Thread
I hear my home callin' - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2014, 08:32 PM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by RIP Fox - February 20, 2014, 08:54 PM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2014, 09:17 PM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by RIP Fox - February 20, 2014, 09:59 PM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2014, 10:09 PM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by RIP Fox - February 20, 2014, 10:35 PM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2014, 10:44 PM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by RIP Fox - February 21, 2014, 08:21 AM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 21, 2014, 11:05 AM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by RIP Fox - February 22, 2014, 02:35 AM
RE: I hear my home callin' - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 22, 2014, 11:18 PM