The Heartwood i bet my life
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
They'll what? Peregrine almost asked, prepared to make a dozen threats against those misandrists. He held his tongue, especially when Pantaleimon actually seemed to give his words some consideration. Then he thanked Peregrine. The black wolf shook his head again. Pantaleimon didn't owe him any gratitude. He was just speaking to the objective truth of the matter and trying his damnedest to remove the wool from his acquaintance's eyes.

Next, he made an awkward attempt at conversation, which made the Redleaf-DiSarinno want to laugh. He refrained, then started when the male's question jogged his memory. "Oh! I was actually heading home. I was hunting yesterday and hurt myself, so I spent the night here. Ah, on that note, I gotta run. But..." But he didn't feel quite right, just leaving Pantaleimon to skulk back to the seaside, where he would be an eternal Omega. "But you should really think about what I said. And, uh... well, I don't make this kind of offer often..." Or ever, he mentally corrected himself. "But if you need an ally, a friend, someplace to go... you can find me at a place called Redhawk Caldera."

It felt weird, even uncomfortable, to break character like that. But Peregrine found he really hated the idea of those sea witches or any guy subjecting himself to their ways. So he would bend the rules a bit to help a bro in need. He wasn't about to treat Pantaleimon like a charity case, though. If he did decide to take Peregrine up on his word, if he maybe even tried to join the caldera, the Alpha would expect no less of him than any hard-working subordinate. It was just as he'd said: all he had to do was earn his keep to win respect in the real world.

"Best of luck," he said, his jade eyes lingering on Pantaleimon's pale figure a moment before he turned and swept back toward his family.

Another sometime, yes? :D
Messages In This Thread
i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 21, 2015, 02:22 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 21, 2015, 05:19 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 21, 2015, 07:27 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 22, 2015, 10:41 AM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 23, 2015, 02:03 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 23, 2015, 06:03 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 24, 2015, 02:27 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 25, 2015, 12:03 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Pantaleimon - March 31, 2015, 02:01 PM
RE: i bet my life - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 31, 2015, 02:57 PM