Redtail Rise Claim: And so my watch begins
812 Posts
Ooc —
As it turned out, commitment was not Junior's forte. (Narrator's note: I'm sure this comes as a surprise to exactly no one.)

She had done so well at Thief River Falls, up until her visit to Teekon Wilds. Ever since then, the Outrider had been questioning everything and itching to leave again. As the itch grew, Junior eventually came to some (somewhat painful) conclusions about herself and her way of life.

While being part of a pack was definitely tolerable, leadership just wasn't for her. It was too much responsibility for someone so flighty. And that's what she was, she was able to admit. She was the embodiment of capriciousness. She liked her freedom.

Much more painfully, she realized she wasn't built for marriage. She loved Swordfish but she sincerely felt smothered. She had definitely jumped the gun, just like her parents. Junior liked to blame them, though often she took responsibility for herself. It all boiled down to her mercurial nature. Stability and sameness just didn't work for her.

It all came to a head one day in late April. It would have been easy to just vanish, yet Junior wasn't that much of a coward. She called Swordfish first to break the news. Then she sought out Bones and Ira to let them know and thank them for everything they'd done for her. Ira seemed a little miffed, understandably, but sweet Bones just wished her the best in her next venture.

The instant she hit the road, Junior experienced a heady surge of elation. She began to run... and didn't slow down until she reached the Teekon Wilds. She intended to head right to the plateau, in the hopes that Saena was still there or that someone could point her in the right direction if she wasn't. But she never even made it there.

A distant howl arrested her, causing the panting yearling to skid to a halt. Her tongue lolled from her mouth as her black ears pricked. Her mismatched eyes widened, then an enormous grin spread across her face. Her sister's voice was so faint, it was amazing Junior had heard it at all. But she had.

"I'M COMING!" the breathless Junior managed before resuming her run.
Messages In This Thread
Claim: And so my watch begins - by Saēna - April 28, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Reek - April 28, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Arion - April 29, 2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Lacinia - April 29, 2015, 09:16 AM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Junior - April 29, 2015, 11:39 AM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Gunnar - May 02, 2015, 10:28 AM