Blacktail Deer Plateau Now, would you mind if I bared my soul?
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
After night fell and his mate was fast asleep, Peregrine slipped out of the den and headed out on a covert operation. Glad for the cover of the deep darkness, he set off into the woods. He would hate to be discovered, so he made a point of stopping and listening every few moments to be absolutely certain nobody else was in the vicinity. These stops became more and more frequent the closer he came to his final destination.

When he arrived at the site, he stood a while, his ears swiveling and his nose wriggling. Once absolutely sure he was alone, the Alpha male began to scrape his paw over the earth. He scraped away a few inches of leaf litter and dirt, exposing something small, round and quivering. Peregrine ducked his head, ignoring the natural impulses of his breed as he sniffed at the delicate bundle.

"Okay, little dude, I'm not gonna hurt you," he said to the small ball of fur. "Remember, you're just a guinea pig." The Alpha paused, then opened his mouth and gently lifted the baby rabbit from its little hiding place, where he'd put it earlier in the day. He then began to walk slowly through the wood, though he didn't go far before he paused and set it down at his feet.

"So far, so good," he whispered to it, then his eyes lifted and he scanned the dark trees like a hawk searching for prey. He didn't want anybody to catch him babying a tiny little bunny rabbit or, worse yet, cottoning onto what he was doing: practicing for when he had to carry around his newborn puppies.
Messages In This Thread
Now, would you mind if I bared my soul? - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 26, 2014, 05:10 PM
RE: Now, would you mind if I bared my soul? - by Luxuria - February 28, 2014, 08:18 AM