Greatwater Lake Two different worlds.
44 Posts
Ooc —
As the man continued to speak, the girl tried to make herself seem as small as she could. Maybe he would leave her alone, even though it had been she who went to him. It was a mistake, though, and she just wanted him gone. Her head shook vigorously when he mentioned taking a bite out of her. That was the last thing she wanted. “N-o!” she quickly said, trying her best to wiggle backwards. It wasn't working as planned, though. Go figure. “I am u-unable to move...” Her voice became a whisper as she said that. Embarrassment and fear were a terrible combination, especially for the little seal. She wanted so badly to run away, but her fear kept her legs from moving as instructed. She didn't like it, not one bit. She considered lying to the man, to try and get him to go away by threatening him with her 'pack', but she did not have a pack, and was sure her voice wold give way to any lies.

Then, the man did the unthinkable. He snatched away her skin, and to make matters worse, he even ground his teeth as if trying to ruin it. “Do not d-do that!” she said, voice much louder than before. What would this mean for her? Surely, she wouldn't actually have to go with the man, would she? He was so cruel and unkind, she would never survive living around him. “Give it back!” Muirgen would not leave without her skin, and she didn't want to go with the grey man either. If she told him what it meant to steal a selkies skin, maybe he would be appalled by the idea and give it back, but that was only one possibility. The other would be that he kept it, all for the purpose of being cruel. She had promised her cousins of the sea that she would be back, and wished that Lir would assist her in making sure that happened. “I-I will go, I will l-leave you, just give m-me back my skin...” Her voice slowly started to become a whisper as she pleaded with him, tears already stinging her eyes and threatening to spill out. In truth, she would do anything, as long as it meant getting her skin back. Without their skin, a selkie was nothing. They could not return to the sea, they did not hold a physical connection to Lir. They were just alone and miserable until able to return to the sea once again.
Messages In This Thread
Two different worlds. - by Burke - May 01, 2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Two different worlds. - by Muirgen - May 01, 2015, 10:21 AM
RE: Two different worlds. - by Burke - May 01, 2015, 11:11 AM
RE: Two different worlds. - by Muirgen - May 01, 2015, 11:37 AM
RE: Two different worlds. - by Burke - May 01, 2015, 12:27 PM
RE: Two different worlds. - by Muirgen - May 01, 2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Two different worlds. - by Burke - May 02, 2015, 08:27 AM
RE: Two different worlds. - by Muirgen - May 08, 2015, 10:15 AM
RE: Two different worlds. - by Burke - May 12, 2015, 06:45 AM